The Mandalorian- new Disney+ Star Wars series

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by polonyc2, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Gamer X

Gamer X Limp Gawd

Holly sh!t…. Werner Herzog is this...

2. OFaceSIG

OFaceSIG [H]ard|Gawd

ESPN's streaming service is shit. It's not ESPN proper. I'm dieing for them to put ESPN on a streaming service as it's literally the last property on cable keeping me paying for TV. College football has me for life (the U bitches) and it's all on ESPN owned channels.

3. [21CW]killerofall

[21CW]killerofall Aliens...

There are several TV streaming services that are cable replacements that have ESPN: YouTube TV, PSVue, and Sling are a few examples.

4. OFaceSIG

OFaceSIG [H]ard|Gawd

I was specifically commenting on that Disney bundle. The ESPN portion is largely international sports that have a much smaller US audience, it's not ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, etc.

5. Verge

Verge [H]ardness Supreme

ESPN+ is 99% soccer. Every now and then tennis. Did watch the boxing match on saturday.

Pundits on CNBC talking this up for disney, i think all fail to realize that you can't watch anything popular on + without a corresponding subscription(activates with my PSVue)

6. Verge

Verge [H]ardness Supreme

It will be shit

7. Nanogrip

Nanogrip Limp Gawd

Mandalorian? Is that some kind of vegetable slicer?

8. Jagger100

Jagger100 [H]ardness Supreme

Disney+ not even once.

9. LZ_Xray

LZ_Xray Limp Gawd

It's a guy that can time travel if he runs 88 mph.

Solhokuten likes this.
  10. Domingo

Domingo [H]ard as it Gets

ESPN+ has a lot of UFC content. That's worthwhile if you're a fan. I'm not sold on Disney+ having much at the start, but the bundle has some appeal to me. The quality seems rather high if nothing else.

11. nilepez

nilepez [H]ardForum Junkie

My gut says I'll hold out on getting D+ until there are at least a fair amount of new programs in the can. And if nothing ties into the next Marvel film, I'll probably wait a year, binge the crap out of it for a month or 2 then go on hiatus for several months. Just don't see the point in having a ton of services, when I can't keep up with Netflix. For now, I need to catch up on a few shows on that, then get CBS for a month, binge 3 or 4 shows (more if there's something I really want to watch) then cancel it for a year.

12. Hakaba

Hakaba Gawd

Make Disney+ and the show available internationally on day 1, or... Welp ill leave that up to people’s imagination.

13. Guarana [BAWLS]

Guarana [BAWLS] [H]ard|Gawd

14. nilepez

It's a good deal if you intend to watch a lot of D+, but I'm not convinced they'll have enough new content to get to sub for year 1, much less 3 straight years. But if I had kids at home, I think I'd pay it. 4 bucks/month is reasonable and while I might not have much use for it, the kids would certainly find lots of kid friendly content.

15. Guarana [BAWLS]

I look at it as: 1/3 the price of Netflix. Or 1/4 the price of a movie ticket. (I'm pretty sure I can find 4 hours a month worth of content on Disney's service.)

Domingo likes this.
  16. BoiseTech

BoiseTech Limp Gawd

A friend of mine, not me. Says he uses plex and is able to grab and play whatever he, not me, wants. Seems like he, not me, has a work around to all these services that will end up costing the same as cable...

RaxusCraxurFace likes this.
  17. Lakados

Lakados [H]ard|Gawd

I have friends and family in the industry, if they were to catch me doing that stuff they would be most perturbed.... That said I don't watch very much so chances are I'll wait a year and buy the series on BluRay or iTunes...

18. Stoly

Stoly [H]ardness Supreme

is disney+ has every SW series (including then animated series) I'm in

19. Stoly

Stoly [H]ardness Supreme

If...

20. polonyc2

polonyc2 [H]ard as it Gets

21. nilepez

IOW, he's pirating movies/tv shows. And this stuff only costs as much as cable if you're incapable of subscribing to one or 2 services and maybe swapping a third one out every month or 2. If you're using Hulu for TV shows, then maybe you need it, but pretty much everything else can be swapped out. For me, it's Netflix and prime, but if you don't use the shipping, then even that can be picked up for 1-2 months a year. Same with CBS All Access (which I think you can get one month a year (unless you don't want to put up an antenna for whatever TV shows you like on the network).

If you're treating every single streaming service as necessary to have all the time, then you gotta pay through the nose. The entire reason streaming/ala carte service is good is because you don't have to pay activation fees.

22. nilepez

It's supposed to have them all and it's supposed to have Rise of Skywalker sometime next year too.
    I get it and if you're going to watch it, it's worth it. I just can't justify adding another service. As for movies, I pay 20/month for 3 movies/week, including IMAX and Dolby Cinema. I've figured out what is my ideal seat for each screen, so book that seat, get there, push the button to recline and enjoy the movie.

Guarana [BAWLS] likes this.
  23. Stoly

Stoly [H]ardness Supreme

Bye bye Netflix, you won't be missed. I mean the only series I ever watched was clone wars.

24. nilepez

yeah in your case, it doesn't make sense to have Netflix. I doubt I'd have kept it at all if that's all I watched. I could probably spend the next year watching nothing but netflix and in 9/2020, I'd have more stuff in my watch list than I have today.

Might be worth getting the 3 year deal for 144 (before the deal expires on 09/2 or 9/3).

25. harmattan

harmattan [H]ardness Supreme

I love that Herzog, one of the finest (and strangest) directors of the past 50 years, does roles like this -- he's great in them. It's as if your esteemed, stuffy history professor did a stint as a LARP-er and got really into it. Makes me wish David Lynch would act more.

The rest of the cast looks really interesting... some quality actors/names there.

26. Guarana [BAWLS]

I've got the AMC service too. (And pay for the GF's.)
    Totally worth it, even though it's 24 now.

nilepez likes this.
  27. nilepez

Did it go up a 2nd time or are you in one of the few states (CA, NY, CT, MA, NJ) that have the highest price? I'm currently paying 22 (I just say 20, since that's what it is in the vast majority of states) and it appears that's still the going rate here.

28. Guarana [BAWLS]

Ahh, I'm in MA.
    Dolby seats (what I aim for) is 18 or 19 a ticket here!

29. nilepez

Looks liek they cost the same amount here for Dolby (assuming that's at night). Matinees here vary. I think first showing is often fairly inexpensive, but after that I think they're around 15 bucks until 5pm