cageymaru

Fully [H]
4A Games has released the third and final installment of The Making of Metro Exodus series. Members of the development team talk about the different play styles the game supports such as stealth or run and gun and how choices presented in the game have true consequences in the game world. Other topics covered include squashing game bugs, passion for the project, and the working environment that held the development team together as they worked on the game. Metro Exodus launches on February 15, 2019.

Featuring interviews with key personnel at 4A Games, archive footage and photos, and never-seen-before materials from the 5 year development of Metro Exodus from the earliest concept stage, this series takes fans to the heart of the creative process behind 4A Games' most ambitious project to date. In Episode Three, 4A Games reflect on their experience of seeing all the constituent parts of Metro Exodus finally piece together, and the camaraderie that comes from completing such a vast project as a team. We also hear from 4A Games' Creative Director Andrew 'Prof Prokhorov, speaking with pride for his 'Spartans' as they worked to complete the game without him during his recovery from the stroke he suffered during the final months of development.

I was really really looking forward to playing this... it's a shame that they sold out and are releasing exclusively on Epic Launcher. I will probably end up buying it on Xbox then instead. At least I won't need the launcher that way. Or maybe I should just not buy it in protest, but I don't want to hurt the developers since I love the Metro series.

Deep Sliver might have stuck their Blood and Hearts into this game but they chose the wrong platform launcher for pc EPIC. Now they have 4000+ negative reviews they can't erase on Steam. They could bring it back to Steam no harm done there. I'm sure now other publishers won't follow this same path.

Last edited:
I saved $10 dollars and being as I already have the Epic launcher, it was smooth sailing.

I feel sorry for the Reddit review bombing incels, they will be shocked when mom forces them to leave the basement.

Last edited:
The "horseshit" is how 4A has handled this entire thing.

If you want to buy this game on Epic, fine. I will not be purchasing this title until it's on Steam, and even then only for a deep discount.

I don't understand the hate for Epic's launcher. Isn't it like those console exclusive deals where a game is only on the PS4?

Putting aside the fact that the Epic launcher is nowhere near the level of Steam in terms of stability, functionality, etc., the big issue to me is that they didn't just put it on BOTH platforms. Even leaving the Epic one at $10 less, fine, allow people to buy it where they want. This whole year-long exclusivity BS just reeks of a lot of cash being thrown 4A's way to restrict the release. That, coupled with the "buy this or we won't develop for PC next time" comments, just puts a really bad taste in my mouth. I enjoyed the first two titles, but all the hype I had for this title is dead at this point.

Console exclusives suck, too, but at least then you generally get a quality, optimized experience due to being developed for only one set of hardware. No such comparison here.

This whole year-long exclusivity BS just reeks of a lot of cash being thrown 4A's way to restrict the release.

That's exactly what this is. This reminds me of when Microsoft bought Bungie to have Halo as their flagship title for the Xbox, only thing is, Metro ain't Halo.

This game looks great. I've wanted an open world Metro game since I played the first one in 2010.

I'm not about to install the Epic client though. I'll wait until next year.

Meanwhile, Obsidian's "The Outer Worlds" looks like it has promise!

Grown ups remember when we had to go to different stores to get the goods we wanted. Sometimes we would shop at different stores to get the goods we wanted at cheaper prices.

OK, that was a bit vicious, the whole yanking it off Steam thing was dirty, just fucking dirty.
yes i do remember that time, when pc gaming was so shiet that nobody wanted to develope games on it, but then steam came and made it so easy that everyone wants to make game on it, now we go backward again to when games were a hassle to play, im sure that will help...
ppl do not understand that this is a cross road, it's beyond just metro, if ppl buy metro and division 2 it's like saying welcome to platform exclusives on PC, before you know it it will become the new normal, at which point they will introduce subscrpitions to use the platform, because why not since you can't fuking get the game anywhere else.
i swear ppl are so fuking short sighted, and please spare me the comments trying to make this look like blown out of proportion possibility.

I don't understand the hate for Epic's launcher. Isn't it like those console exclusive deals where a game is only on the PS4?

I don't necessarily hate the Epic launcher. I have heard some concerning comments about the company, but personally I just don't have any experience with it, other than helping my stepson install Fortnite on his machine.

My issue is that I don't want to have more than one client. I don't want my payment information on file with more than one company, and I don't want to have multiple accounts. This just creates an annoying fragmented landscape, and adds a multitude of security and tracking concerns.

I was annoyed enough at Valve's DRM. I don't want a bunch more of them.

I'm not an impatient little child though. A year from now the inevitable launch bugs will be dealt with, the price will be lower, I may have gotten around to upgrading my computer to handle what is likely a pretty demanding game, and it will be back on Steam. No rush, I'll play it in 2020.

If I can play the game offline then I'm fine with the Epic launcher. :) The game world is truly beautiful and I will definitely purchase it at some point. The backlog is strong though. :)

4A is the studio that developed this. Deep Silver is the publisher that bought up their IP assets after their previous publisher, THQ, went bankrupt and liquidated all their assets. So, if you opt to not buy this title on Epic, you are punishing Deep Silver (a division Koch Media). However, people down voting Metro 2033 are going after 4A which probably had no say in this. I will still end up buying this for PC, because I don't think I will enjoy it as much on Xbox. However, I will wait until the initial sales are over, so that it negatively hits the bean counters initial sales figures. I can stand waiting a month or two, just to make a point. But people blaming 4A for this, don't understand how the publishing industry works.

4A is the studio that developed this. Deep Silver is the publisher that bought up their IP assets after their previous publisher, THQ, went bankrupt and liquidated all their assets. So, if you opt to not buy this title on Epic, you are punishing Deep Silver (a division Koch Media). However, people down voting Metro 2033 are going after 4A which probably had no say in this. I will still end up buying this for PC, because I don't think I will enjoy it as much on Xbox. However, I will wait until the initial sales are over, so that it negatively hits the bean counters initial sales figures. I can stand waiting a month or two, just to make a point. But people blaming 4A for this, don't understand how the publishing industry works.
if that makes you feel better, i will buy the game, just in a year or so whn it comes out on steam, so not boycotting 4A, simply because i do not want to support Epic store's policy and i do not want them to think that grabing 3rd party titles is a good excuse for competing against steam especialy when they offer crap service then force me to get a game 1 year after release.
beside don't believe everything you hear from companie's PR, there is no way the publisher pulled the game out of steam to put it on Epic without 4A's agreement, they might own the IP and assets, but there is no way in hell this wasn't discussed in a meeting with 4A that ended with them agreeing to it, even if this wasn't their idea in the first place.
4A is their biggest studio they just don't want it tarnished in the eyes of the public, so they are trying to protect it by saying they had no take in this, which is complete BS, 4A had a say in it and it was OK.
you wanna know the funny part of all this, they can still agree with epic to cancel the deal after the backlash, because it's not doing both of them them any favors, but who cares they think gamers are idiots and they will feed them anything they want with some PR and enough time they will forget, and to be honest they are right.

Last edited:
FFS, literally every Metro thread now turns into this dumb bullshit of people bitching about it not being on Steam anymore. We’ve read your bitching in the other 5 Metro threads that you derailed. We get it, but some of us are not part of your vocal minority and want to discuss the game and not what platform it’s on. The developers don’t read these threads.

Boycott!!

That always reminds me of:

18j48weujcgewjpg.jpg

Why not start an internet petition too?

FFS, literally every Metro thread now turns into this dumb bullshit of people bitching about it not being on Steam anymore. We’ve read your bitching in the other 5 Metro threads that you derailed. We get it, but some of us are not part of your vocal minority and want to discuss the game and not what platform it’s on. The developers don’t read these threads.
ok, sorry.
oh i love the video, these devs look so happy, sure they seem to have worked so hard to make this game a masterpiece, guys please tell your family and friends to buy metro exodus, we all should support this studio that does no harm but just spread joy and wonder through their magical game * rainbows, gummybears, skittles...yeah!!*
you will buy it on ps4 or switch ? sorry about the question, didn't mean to derail the topic, silly me.

ok, sorry.
oh i love the video, these devs look so happy, sure they seem to have worked too hard to make this game a masterpiece, guys please tell you family and friends to buy metro exodus, we all should support this studio that does no harm but just spread joy and wonder through their magical game * rainbows, gummybears, skittles*
you will buy it on ps4 or switch ?
Funny how you’re trying to bash me for not parroting what is literally spewed out in every Metro Exodus thread since the EGS switch. Heaven forbid that I don’t want to derail yet another thread and actually talk about the game instead of the stupid platform it’s on. Go bitch in the threads that were specifically created for the topic.

Some would argue it is their destiny to combat shitty business practices and absolutely shut down and destroy anything Metro until they reverse their course.

To make sure that every time Metro is mentioned they are overwhelmed and cannot escape it.

I am not one of them, but I do sympathize. Exclusives of any sort need to be killed off.

I can't wait for the ACG review. He's about as unbiased as they come.
I enjoyed the first two enough to play the redux versions so here's hoping this one can pull off a 3-peat.
Some would argue it is their destiny to combat shitty business practices and absolutely shut down and destroy anything Metro until they reverse their course.
The boat has hit the iceberg, no course correction is incoming. Folks can go down with the ship or get in the lifeboats with the rest of us. Bitchen about it now is just silly.

I can't wait for the ACG review. He's about as unbiased as they come.
I enjoyed the first two enough to play the redux versions so here's hoping this one can pull off a 3-peat.

I might play them again to remind myself of the story-line. Did the Redux versions improve/change anything over the vanilla titles?

They abused Steam's front page advertising for months then pulled it from Steam last minute. So do you now understand?

Hope your account doesn't get hacked.

Valve has bad pretty bad luck with that to. Shocker - any platform with accounts that are worth stealing will have people attempting to hack it.

To understand it, you'd have to read about the company's history.

I've only ever heard praise, whereas Valve, Crytek and Unity were "meh" with some hidden paywalls (Crytek). But I've never really paid attention to anything about Fortnite which is what I am assuming you're referring to.

No. It would be like if a game had been hyped up for a year and a half on Xbox, and the previous titles of the series were also on Xbox, but then right before launch Sony bribed the publisher to stop selling it on Xbox with a "lol have fun waiting til 2020."

Most of the outrage is directed at Epic stealing the game from Steam at the last minute. Had they just left it on Steam for $60 and sold it on Epic for $50 there wouldn't be any boycott. It's like Epic has no confidence in their platform.

Last edited:
No. It would be like if a game had been hyped up for a year and a half on Xbox, and the previous titles of the series were also on Xbox, but then right before launch Sony bribed the publisher to stop selling it on Xbox with a "lol have fun waiting til 2020 to play it on Xbox".
Wat
The game was hyped to run on pc, the previous titles ran on pc, and you can run the new one on pc.
much ado about nada

TLDR
You can play it on PC.

*But you can ONLY play it while having an internet connection & using Epics storefront.

TLDR: PC Gamer's like choices.
Just a few weeks ago the game was only available on Steam. https://www.gamerevolution.com/guid...tem-requirements-what-are-the-pc-requirements

"As of right now Metro Exodus will be available on PC via Steam, and will not be available on any other digital clients such as Epic Games Store or Origin."

I don't remember the outcry when the game was only available on Steam.

Just a few weeks ago the game was only available on Steam. https://www.gamerevolution.com/guid...tem-requirements-what-are-the-pc-requirements

"As of right now Metro Exodus will be available on PC via Steam, and will not be available on any other digital clients such as Epic Games Store or Origin."

Sure you don't remember, because there wasn't one & because Steam is the superior platform in every way.

That's exactly what this is. This reminds me of when Microsoft bought Bungie to have Halo as their flagship title for the Xbox, only thing is, Metro ain't Halo.

Yup, previous installments were way better! Hopefully this one will turn out good and not just a gfx benchmark shooter.

Aside from Valve stuff, anything exclusive to Steam is only exclusive to Steam because it’s the only platform the developer themselves bothered to put it on. Not because they were paid by Valve not to sell it anywhere else.

Of course you know all that, which begs the question why be intentionally obtuse?

Last edited:
Back