The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

This game checks boxes for me.

1. Fantasy RPG

3. 3rd Person

4. Stealth

5. AAA title didn't Amazon fund this?

6. Main character lives in a cave and has a ring that makes him invisible so people want the ring.

This game checks boxes for me.

1. Fantasy RPG

3. 3rd Person

4. Stealth

5. AAA title didn't Amazon fund this?

6. Main character lives in a cave and has a ring that makes him invisible so people want the ring.
1, it's not a RPG.

5, no they didn't. Besides that, Amazon is continuing on their streak of not releasing a single successful game yet. They're riding on the success of a game they imported from the East that they had no hand in developing.

Delayed by "a few months."

https://nitter.net/GollumGame/status/1551598260732792832
1658770537023.png

just like Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora getting delayed this Gollum game would have benefited from the timing of the new Rings of Power Amazon TV series

I had this preorder last year refunded it took it off my Wishlist might add it again but it has like Hogwarts Legacy to compete again Gollum is pretty ugly.

it it has like Hogwarts Legacy to compete again Gollum is pretty ugly.

it's not competing against Hogwart's Legacy...Gollum is focused mainly on that 1 character and not the entire LOTR mythology...Shadow of Mordor might be a better comparison with Hogwart's

I think I had vacation in Sept or Oct 2022 when it was suppose to launch don't think I preordered it but was planning on buying it until it was delayed because nothing was out and Darktide was delayed at the same time.

The Lord of the Rings: Gollum | Story Trailer

The game will be released on May 25th, while a Nintendo Switch version will be available at a later date...

PC system requirements:

Minimum:

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel i7-4770 AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: GTX 1080/RTX 2060
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 45 GB available space
Additional Notes: at Medium preset and 1080p, Ray Tracing off

Recommended:
Processor: Intel i3-6100 AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Memory: 32 GB RAM
Graphics: RTX 3080 (with DLSS Quality)
DirectX: Version 12
Additional Notes: at High preset and 1440p, Ray Tracing on

The Lord of the Rings: Gollum | Pre-order Trailer

PC system requirements:

Minimum:

Processor: Intel i7-4770 AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: GTX 1080/RTX 2060
DirectX: Version 11
Additional Notes: at Medium preset and 1080p, Ray Tracing off

Recommended:
Processor: Intel i3-6100 AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Memory: 32 GB RAM
Graphics: RTX 3080 (with DLSS Quality)
DirectX: Version 12
Additional Notes: at High preset and 1440p, Ray Tracing on

The Lord of the Rings: Gollum | Pre-order Trailer

There are separate recommendations for RT

It’s worth noting that an RTX 4080 will only be sufficient with DLSS enabled at the “Performance Preset”. There’s a good chance that Balanced and Quality will demand an RTX 4090.

https://www.hardwaretimes.com/lotr-...r-ray-tracing-ultra-at-4k-with-dlss-balanced/

the-lord-of-the-rings-gollum-rtxon-pc-system-requirements-pcgh-scaled.jpg

Pre-Purchase The Lord of the Rings: Gollum™ - Precious Edition​

Includes 6 items: The Lord of the Rings: Gollum™, The Lord of the Rings: Gollum™ - Art Exhibition, The Lord of the Rings: Gollum™ - Emotes Pack, The Lord of the Rings: Gollum™ - Lore Compendium, The Lord of the Rings: Gollum™ - Original Soundtrack, The Lord of the Rings: Gollum™ - Sindarin VO

Pre-Purchase The Lord of the Rings: Gollum™ - Precious Edition​

Includes 6 items: The Lord of the Rings: Gollum™, The Lord of the Rings: Gollum™ - Art Exhibition, The Lord of the Rings: Gollum™ - Emotes Pack, The Lord of the Rings: Gollum™ - Lore Compendium, The Lord of the Rings: Gollum™ - Original Soundtrack, The Lord of the Rings: Gollum™ - Sindarin VO
1683202105044.png

Next Week 25th after months of delays. I can relate to Gollum since his eyes are sensitive to light. He should just buy an OLED monitor for his cave.
I preordered it as well people say the Graphics are Bad I read someone compare them to 2007 the setting is in a cave so people expect good graphics in a cave.

Last edited:
Sindarin VO is an elvish language that only the deluxe edition offers. You can switch it with a toggle I think maybe I should of picked up the precious edition. I never read the books just watched the Animated Cartoon and some of the films.

Sleeper Hit I don't think they delayed the game for over a year for nothing. Idiots on Steam are already questing the game when they couldn't even program a Atari game.

How do we know the Sindarin is any good? :) They could read Klingon for all we know.

I'm usually down for more LOTR stuff, especially video games, but this thing seems about as appealing as a second season of Rings of Power. Hopefully it plays a heck of a lot better than it looks, but every time I see anything about Gollum I can't stop myself from thinking "why does this even exist".

Back