The longest leaktest in watercooling history.

Vlad335

Gawd
About one month...

Not that I am that afraid but I am waiting on a Aqua-Computer grill to mount my rad. I don't want to set up my system and have to take everything out when my grill comes. ( Have to cut more material out of the top)

Oh well... I decided to make an acrylic cage in the top to isolate the rad today.

leftside.JPG

Hard to make out with my 1997 era dig camera. There is acrylic panels attached to aluminum angle and sealed with window seal. The whole top of the case is sealed allowing the rear fans to blow cool air to the rad fans. Wanted to keep hotter case air away from the rad. Actually I got this idea from an awesome case I saw here on the [H] and immediately bought a PC-75.

The case will be on the left side of my monitor so I cut a window today so I can see some of the action while gaming.

rightside.JPG

Don't mind the wires in the above view as they will be hidden. I just got my aluminum fans and wanted to see what they would look like. Also, the PSU is a cheap 300w I had here. I will be using my OCZ modstream 520w.

I also plan on putting an Aqua-tube in the front bays.

Comments and/or tips are welcome. This is only the beginning.

KrakenGuy said:
I can easily see that your pump life is going down the drain, lol.

Yea, he has used up like 720 out of his 50,000+ hours of the predicted lifespan of his pump...man thats gotta suck that your pump is down to only 98.5% of its life span :(

</sarcasm>

I like the idea! How about opening the case, shine in a halogen light, and lets see some real pics of what you have done.

BTW, I really like the window on the opposite side. I just had to look under my desk at my PC-75 and notice there really is a lot of room for a nice window in that side panel. Hmmm...a nice window also going top to bottom towards the front of the case sounds like an interesting proposition. :)

Back