The long and winding road....(680i :mad: )

BrainEater

[H]ard|Gawd
Heh

This Asus strikeout extreme is exhibiting a new flaw.(aside from the ram eating and death)

I now need to reset the cmos every single time I reboot.

Haha

Sometimes that isnt working even.....it takes 3 or 4 resets....

gg.

:p

Heh

This Asus strikeout extreme is exhibiting a new flaw.(aside from the ram eating and death)

I now need to reset the cmos every single time I reboot.

Haha

Sometimes that isnt working even.....it takes 3 or 4 resets....

gg.

:p

From the Posts I've seen at EVGA and other Forums, you're not alone in having Problems. My EVGA 680i has been running almost Flawlessly for 6 months. Overclocks like crazy, Temps are well within Specs, and then it Locks up, for no reason. Though I do believe it may be either DX or the Onboard Audio Chip Locking up in Games. I just got a New XFi, so maybe it will run better. I'm thinking of bumping my Processor up to an E6850 on my next upgrade cycle.

I burned up my first 680i in 6 weeks, so far my 2nd has been pretty stable, but its only 4 days old at this point. If this one dies, i'm just going to buy an x38 and go back to single card or maybe crossfire if the x2 ends up being a good card.

From the Posts I've seen at EVGA and other Forums, you're not alone in having Problems. My EVGA 680i has been running almost Flawlessly for 6 months. Overclocks like crazy, Temps are well within Specs, and then it Locks up, for no reason. Though I do believe it may be either DX or the Onboard Audio Chip Locking up in Games. I just got a New XFi, so maybe it will run better. I'm thinking of bumping my Processor up to an E6850 on my next upgrade cycle.

Yeah, in Creative we trust.... :rolleyes:

I am glad you guys are posting all this information. It really makes my choice of going to an Intel chipset alot easier.

Sorry to hear of your troubles though, I know when my computer acts up I get pissed off!!

I too am on my second evga 680i and now it's doin the same thing the first one was, the dreaded c1 error from using 2.2 volts on my ram. Looking at getting a DS3 and selling my 680i when I get it back from RMA. The 680i road is closed for this guy :)

The X-Fi series is utter trash. I wouldn't trust it to fix anything.

Zero problems with my 680i. Did the TIM replacement -- stock crap with AS5 -- and that's it. 7+ months now without issue. There's no denying there are issues with quality control, but if you get a good one... it's... well, good.

Back