The Life and Awesomeness of Steve Jobs

Well, it's kind of a joke. Not something I could explain easily, but those who do understand it should find it fairly amusing.

I wasn't trying to take anything away from Jobs, he is a great man of his time without question. But it's laughable to intimate that Gates' family handed Microsoft to him.

wow, how inaccurate article

In January, 2010, Jobs unveiled the iPad, an inexpensive tablet computer. It blew past peoples' wildest expectations, with almost 15 million sold last year.

hardly inexpensive for how little it gave.

Gee.. I guess it's pointless for me to point out that comparing Gates and Jobs is apples to oranges. Microsoft does OS and software suites for multiple hardware platforms. Apple does mainly one OS and some Fisher-Price applications for one specific proprietary hardware platform or two. Apple does have some nice looking hardware, but under the hood it's not really cutting edge. And, it's overpriced. MIcrosoft is not in the hardware business, for the most part. There's really no point in attempting to convert Apple fanboys. Apple isn't the "progressive, open" concept many would have us believe, but instead is a closed cult of personality. I own a 24" iMac, with Intel, 750GB. I use FCP on it sometimes. The rest of the time it boots to Win 7. That's because iMacs are not really extraordinary for doing business work when running OSX. It runs Win7 pretty well, except for some very minor problems (onboard bluetooth won't do A2DP correctly) due to Apple's proprietary stuff. I do play America's Army on it sometimes.

I just built a Phenom II 965 on a M4A785TD-M Evo board, RAID 0 two disk drive, wireless BGN, 4G 1333, new case with two 120mm fans and full multimedia reader and blu-ray drive, all up and running Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit for about $500.

Which Apple PC can you get for $500? Oh yeah.. A mini. Used.

Apple is bought because it's apple, not because it has this amount of RAM or this amount of HD space and clock rate. It's like technological fashion.

Everything. Macbooks, PowerPCs, iPads, iPhones, iPods. For a $2000 Mac, you can build a $1000 PC and put OSX on it if you want. I can buy an Android phone or tablet that has a much faster processor and more storage and features and better screens, etc. than iPhones and iPads for half the cost as well.

You CANNOT buy a $1000 PC equivalent to a $2000 Mac. A 27 inch screen IPS alone will already cost $1000 dollars FYI :) The remaining $700 will be the computer itself with peripherals and software included.

I am PC user and I don't mind people disliking Apple as long as it is for the right reason. People who keep saying you can get a faster PC at half price of a MAC is just ridiculous.

Everything. Macbooks, PowerPCs, iPads, iPhones, iPods. For a $2000 Mac, you can build a $1000 PC and put OSX on it if you want. I can buy an Android phone or tablet that has a much faster processor and more storage and features and better screens, etc. than iPhones and iPads for half the cost as well.

I call shens. Show me because I spent a month looking for a tablet that cost $500ish and had better specs than the iPad where NONE existed. Seriously Galaxy tab is a freaking joke, and all the archos tablets please dont amuse me. XOOM cost quite a bit more for a similar specs except for the processor.

I am PC user and I don't mind people disliking Apple as long as it is for the right reason. People who keep saying you can get a faster PC at half price of a MAC is just ridiculous.
You can get close sometimes. As a for instance, you could probably build a PC that somewhat outperforms the Mac Pro for around half the price, but it won't have workstation-grade Xeon processors or ECC RAM. And you can probably find a laptop that performs on par with a MBP for about half the cost, but it's going to be a flimsily-made eight pound desktop replacement-type machine that gets around an hour of battery life.

For those who only look at performance, there isn't a Mac that stands out as a good value. For those who want a decent combination of performance, features, overall quality of construction, battery life, noise levels, display quality and support, Macs tend to be a fair value. Not often extradorinary — though it does happen on occasion — but generally a fair value.

I call shens. Show me because I spent a month looking for a tablet that cost $500ish and had better specs than the iPad where NONE existed. Seriously Galaxy tab is a freaking joke, and all the archos tablets please dont amuse me. XOOM cost quite a bit more for a similar specs except for the processor.

What's wrong with a Android tablet?

Ever heard of a Nook Color? $250 at Barnes and Noble. Awesome capcitive touch IPS screen that's better than the Galaxy, great 7" Android tablet. Easy to root or even just run Froyo (Android 2.2) from MicroSD to bypass B&N firmware. Full Android and Android Marketplace capability unlocked, powerful enough to even emulate PS1 games. I'll take mine any day over an iPad. The only thing the iPad has going for it is the App Store if you like the Apple side of software, 3G support, and an 11" screen which limits it's portability and hand-held comfort as it's also heavy.

Bill Gates > Steve Jobs

There are always people who are better than other people, who are also in turn better than another. But all of them did SOMETHING good.

Saying that Bill Gates > Steve Jobs doesn't really mean anything.

Back