The Lian Li PC-700 Thread :-)

I’ve used another Lian Li case, I have no doubt in its the good quality. However the price is very high. One third to one half those prices would be a lot more reasonable.

Just a heads up guys. This is available for sale at Newegg. I ordered my V700 blacked out with the window yesterday.

I’ve used another Lian Li case, I have no doubt in its the good quality. However the price is very high. One third to one half those prices would be a lot more reasonable.

There's always a LL sale at Newegg. I can see this can hit $170-180 during a sale. Lower if sales are slow i.e. PC-90, Z70 and V600, which dropped $60+ over 4 months.

The filter is inside the red rectangle.
You can see the extra plastic layer right?

IrYSF.png

Thanks for highlighting that.

It looks like the filter is sandwiched between the front panel and the fan - I wonder how hard it is to remove or if you just have to use an air duster to clear it off once in a while.

Just ordered it. Can't wait to get away from my hulking HAF X.

One oddity: on the site it's listed that the max CPU cooler height supported is 105mm...that doesn't seem to make much sense. I'm assuming that must be a typo.

edit: switched my order from the windowed version to the windowless version. A black interior would have been nice, but I realized that the interior is not going to look all that good for a few reasons:

1) Little room to route cables in behind the motherboard tray, especially with thick AX850 cables
2) The PSU label will be upside down
3) The window exposes the HDD bays

And hey, I'm paying for aluminum...the aluminum side panel looks sleeker than the window. I won't get to show off the internals, but really, how often do I do that anyways?

Last edited:
Hopefully my Thermalright Venomous X fits in the V700. I'd rather not have to buy another cooler at the moment.

Will have to buy a V700 with black internal and window and the regular V700 black w/o a window and combine the two and sell the regular one with the window.

The stock window is too big, front mounted, and hideous.....I prefer to make my own window mods and rear mount the Lexan just as I did with my X900....

DSC_0204.jpg

Versus stock window....

5497799034_8916168084_z.jpg

If you want top quality window, something like this wins (molded panel, no screws, no glue):

FTR7O.jpg

Will have to buy a V700 with black internal and window and the regular V700 black w/o a window and combine the two and sell the regular one with the window.

You could probably just buy a replacement solid panel from Performance-PCs.

Always been curious how people achieve the flush mount panels. Do they have an acrylics shop start with a thicker panel and machine it down?

Going to wait to see details of the 750 before i order anything. A bit put off there isn't two bay slots so I have room for my bluray drive and fan controller. But I don't even use my fan controller so might as well ditch the thing. It is nice for cable management to get stuff off the motherboard but I could just wire them straight up to my power supply as well and make some nice wiring to tidy it all up.

Just finished a build. All of the really detailed information can be found on the OCN thread here. Also, sup exodu5, why'd you get banned from GAF? We miss you in the PC thread.

I'd like to see some more shots of the case zoomed out a little further with everything installed if you get the chance. I'm close to ordering one even though the H100 won't fit but without there being any reviews of it yet or user builds outside of yours it's hard to tell for sure I'll like the look or not. I have a Silverstone FT02 now and wanting to go to a smaller case.

Got banned for this. Eh, I deserved it. Ban is up in 4 days.

Thanks for your impressions of the case. Can't wait to get mine. Kind of sad the H100 can't fit. I'm really, really hoping my Thermalright Venomous X fits, as I won't have to buy a new cooler if it does.
You've got about 165-170mm (could only measure from the 'thermal armor' on the motherboard) of clearance. Should be fine.

TBH, surprised you went for this over the TJ04-E. Sweet case though, perfect for a single card air build.

Excited to see what it's bigger brother has in store. Have all of the hardware save for rads and GPU/waterblock ready and waiting. I'm praying that the extra width means the centered top exhaust won't have clearance issues with the EPS or MOSFET.

thanks for the information michalius. so if I replaced the left fan with one of these it'll fit?

You've got about 165-170mm (could only measure from the 'thermal armor' on the motherboard) of clearance. Should be fine.

TBH, surprised you went for this over the TJ04-E. Sweet case though, perfect for a single card air build.

I've been wanting to go for a mATX case for a little while now, but couldn't until I swapped to a mATX motherboard. This V700 was the perfect option for me, since it's basically an mATX sized case that can fit a full ATX motherboard.

If there's any Silverstone redesign I'd buy, it would be the FT01. Not mATX, but an an absolutely gorgeous case nonetheless. The V700 is kind of ugly by comparison. :(

Last edited:
thanks for the information michalius. so if I replaced the left fan with one of these it'll fit?
Would be worthless using the scythe 12mm one, they have zero static pressure.

The Yate Loon medium speed 120x20mm does *okay* on a radiator. It still depends on your exact motherboard for clearance though. Even then, you'd probably get better temps putting two really nice 120mm fans on an H80 in the back.

Would be worthless using the scythe 12mm one, they have zero static pressure.

The Yate Loon medium speed 120x20mm does *okay* on a radiator. It still depends on your exact motherboard for clearance though. Even then, you'd probably get better temps putting two really nice 120mm fans on an H80 in the back.

it'll be the Sabertooth Z77, the H80 is a little bulky imo.

Received my V700 with the window on Monday. Still haven't unboxed it yet but I hope to tonight and maybe take some pictures. If anyone have any specific questions about it drop them here and I'll try and get an answer.

My advice, take your time and plan it out. The cable management takes a lot of foresight and planning for it to turn out nicely.

So will the Corsair H100 fit this case?
I have the Corsair 800D which I find a bit too big for my needs and I am planning to switch to the V700 soon.
I have H100 and Rampage IV Formula motherboard.. will these fit properly inside a V700? I'd like to keep the H100, if possible..

So will the Corsair H100 fit this case?
I have the Corsair 800D which I find a bit too big for my needs and I am planning to switch to the V700 soon.
I have H100 and Rampage IV Formula motherboard.. will these fit properly inside a V700? I'd like to keep the H100, if possible..

The H100 will not fit with the Lian Li V700 (and most likely by extension the V750) as it conflicts with the 8pin power plug, at least with the Asus Maximus V Gene that I intend to buy. I never owned an H100, but I loved the H80 I used to own, good on temps and noise with dual upgraded fans, and it works with more case designs. This makes the H80 my new favorite now as the H100 is just too dam picky about placement. Or rather most cases are not designed for it. But the biggest news is I just read that the V750 is apparently now an all 120mm fan design:

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/produc...x=612&cl_index=1&sc_index=0&ss_index=0&g=spec

I hope that is not a typo, as I thought the V750 had a 140mm in there somewhere. It looks like venting is present with a filter on the floor just under the GPU area. Perfect place to add another fan for GPU cooling - this case will be the bomb with 7 x GT AP-15 fans and an H80 :)

Last edited:
After talking to michalius, it seems clear something needs to be done about the airflow. There airflow setup creates negative pressure in the case, which means an inevitable dusty mess.

Now, I have 2 options: reverse the rear exhaust and add a fan filter to create positive pressure, or cut out a hole at the bottom of the case and set up another 120mm or 140mm intake fan.

The first option is certainly easiest, but I'm afraid it might leave the video card with very little airflow to cool it down properly. If I had an intake below the GPU, I could even get an aftermarket GPU heatsink and have a quieter system.

Furthermore, the stock fans are just too loud. I'm replacing them with quieter fans.

Why don't you just set the two top fans as intakes along with the front 140mm and leave the rear 120mm as the exhaust.

Because then I'd need two more fan filters. Dunno...could try that, though. Would certainly work out better for the GPU.

Anyways, ordered 3x Scythe Slip Stream 1200RPM fans...hopefully they're quiet enough. If not, I'll have to bring them down to 800RPM somehow. Does anyone sell 5/7/9V fan adapters? Or alternatively, is there any recommended PCI slot fan controller?

The H100 will not fit with the Lian Li V700 (and most likely by extension the V750) as it conflicts with the 8pin power plug, at least with the Asus Maximus V Gene that I intend to buy. I never owned an H100, but I loved the H80 I used to own, good on temps and noise with dual upgraded fans, and it works with more case designs. This makes the H80 my new favorite now as the H100 is just too dam picky about placement. Or rather most cases are not designed for it. But the biggest news is I just read that the V750 is apparently now an all 120mm fan design:

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/produc...x=612&cl_index=1&sc_index=0&ss_index=0&g=spec

I hope that is not a typo, as I thought the V750 had a 140mm in there somewhere. It looks like venting is present with a filter on the floor just under the GPU area. Perfect place to add another fan for GPU cooling - this case will be the bomb with 7 x GT AP-15 fans and an H80 :)

I love my H100 and I wouldn't want to change it... if I can make it work by using 20mm thick fans, so be it.. I will buy two more fans :)
I'm still un-decided between the V700 and V750.. V750 is a better bet for the future in case I will want to move to a larger motherboard (EATX)...

Mmmm. Retina Macbook Pro or desktop gaming beast?

Until Mac updates their products with current gen hardware on a consistent basis, the PC desktop will always be king.
Just get both. iPad/Macbook + PC desktop. Best of both worlds. Portability or power when you need it.

I’ve been thinking..Maybe I should buy Lian-Li V750. After having a Lian-Li it's tough to find something similar in terms of good quality and sleek design (despite the price).

As soon as someone confirms whether the H100 will fit without any clearance problems in the new PC-V750 post it here.

Well I just ordered a 3570K Ivy Bridge CPU, guess I'm building a desktop! Lian Li needs to release this V750 so I can get started. And Asus needs to release that Maximus V Formlula, and MSI needs to make some more N680GTX Twin Frozer III cards. I swear I'm always waiting on something.

As soon as someone confirms whether the H100 will fit without any clearance problems in the new PC-V750 post it here.

Other than mounting the fans on top of the case, the trick seems to be getting the eight pin power connector to clear the H100, depends on the mobo maybe?

Last edited:
Until Mac updates their products with current gen hardware on a consistent basis, the PC desktop will always be king.
Just get both. iPad/Macbook + PC desktop. Best of both worlds. Portability or power when you need it.

I came to the same conclusion actually. And a PS Vita for portable games. If they ever actually make any games for that system... Right now it's the Uncharted: Golden Abyss machine. OK wipeout is cool too.

Just a note with this case. My friend ordered one for his new IvyBridge build. We tried to run SLI GTX 670 Gigabyte Windforces and Corsair AX750. But quickly found out the 2nd card wouldn't fit. The board itself would fit, but the heatsink from the Windforce sticks out a bit. We had to trim a tiny bit of plastic off the end, and then mount the card without a heatsink first, then bolt on the heatsink after it was in place. Only 4 screws and both cards ran at mid 30's idle, and low 60's load (BF3 on Ultra). The heatsink was pushed up against the PSU after modding, no space. Also had to mount the PSU upside down to get the cables out of the way of the GPU.

Also broke one of the pins off the screw-less side panel. Wasn't even on the side which had pressure from cables being hidden, it was the left side where there is no pressure. Just snapped right off after 8-10 removals.

Besides that it's a nice case, I think I'd prefer a standard full tower though, just easier to work with.

Back