The Lian Li Gallery

I actually took a few of the little hdd/fan rubber washers (the little skinny ones that are supposed to go around the mounting screws and reduce vibration) and put those on the "peg" parts of my side panels. If you don't have the "pegs," but the tabs and slots instead, I would imagine that some electrical tape around edges of the sides might help.

On my aging A10B I did this. Put gaffers tape on the edges of the panels and a big X through the middle on each panel... No more vibrations.

I think bending the panel slightly at the center will do it. The question is whether to bend it horizontally or vertically, inward or outward ?

Got a Lian Li PC-V355A that I finished a while back. Don't see many of them around, sadly.

48694670.jpg

47069899.jpg

67521894.jpg

5si.jpg

Running Noctuas all round at very low voltage. The case fans are running at 4-5V and the one on the CPU maxes out at 7V. No real issues with temperatures, surprisingly.

Worklog, but only in swedish, haven't got around to translate it; http://www.sweclockers.com/galleri/10347-laines-athene

I think bending the panel slightly at the center will do it. The question is whether to bend it horizontally or vertically, inward or outward ?
I think that really depends on the 'defect' in your particular panel. Only my right panel rattled. The left one has never made a sound.

Got a new hsf, bit of a tight squeeze....thinking about how to rearrange things. I can put the STX below the 7950, but that will restrict airflow to the gpu. I tried dropping the 7950 to the bottom slot but the power/reset headers get in the way-won't clear the heatsink shroud :(

i4ITEZKIQ5ESn.JPG

isfiO5m2p6nb8.JPG

congrats on getting that hsf in there. did you use a shoe horn or something?:D

Very nice dude!!!!!

congrats on getting that hsf in there. did you use a shoe horn or something?:D

Thanks guys. Squeezing it in there was no easy task, that's for sure-installed it in the case without unmounting the mobo!

I'm surprised it works and doesn't short out the sound card to be honest

If you look closely, it looks like there's some paper wedged between the HSF and sound card to act as an insulator.

It actually was shorting the sound card out, but zaxour hit it on the head-I used a piece of plastic to insulate the two parts.

In any case, it's moot now-I rearranged the cards. However, in this configuration, the GPU is reported to only be running at x8 v1.1-can anyone figure out why this is?

ibcKWqeKwxrPNO.JPG

You could put the sound card in a lower pcie 16x slot, can't you?
Then the VGA could use the primary.
What I would do.

Thanks guys. Squeezing it in there was no easy task, that's for sure-installed it in the case without unmounting the mobo!

It actually was shorting the sound card out, but zaxour hit it on the head-I used a piece of plastic to insulate the two parts.

In any case, it's moot now-I rearranged the cards. However, in this configuration, the GPU is reported to only be running at x8 v1.1-can anyone figure out why this is?

On most motherboards only the x16 slot closest to the CPU will run at x16 if it is the only card on that PCI-E bus. The second x16 slot will always run at x8 regardless of whether there are any other cards plugged in or not.

You could put the sound card in a lower pcie 16x slot, can't you?
Then the VGA could use the primary.
What I would do.

Tried this, but it restricts the primary slot to x8 v2, limiting bandwidth to 5gb/s. It doesn't make a huge difference, but I was able to see clear drops in benchmarks/performance tests.

Ended up going full circle and returning everything to their original positions. Remounted the D14 one final time, before carefully inserting the cards. I separated the sound card and D14 with a layer of ESD paper to ensure no shorts. All seems well now-the 7950 is running on a full speed bus and the sound card isn't shorting/producing any static from interference. I'm just going to leave it this way.

Click for high res version

iFSEOoNw66IOY.JPG

Nothing amazing. Not as clean. I still have some things I want to do. I did powder coat the inside, it looks MUCH better.

I9LUSUn.jpg

TXJG26Y.jpg

dM78L8V.jpg

Powder coat looks nice! Where did you get that side window panel? I've been trying to track one down...

It's been a while. But I'm pretty sure it's this panel.
Lian Li W-65BM.
You should be able to google it and find one. FrozenCPU has them, but silver.

CryHunter, that looks awesome!

This is my first post here, so lets start by showing the case :) Its modded Lian Li Q08 (It was the black one) Someone asked about the bitfenix logo, its there couse it looks cool and i think it fits well in there, aswell to thank they for sponsoring.

omnvbcsts935w2j2cbflfr2.jpg

hlr84eim6lwwmfqqhztmnce.jpg

axynp0xvlh0is9kdy1j5pdx.jpg

vi3nubywlc7c3baqolo0e8h.jpg

Got a Lian Li PC-V355A that I finished a while back. Don't see many of them around, sadly.

http://imageshack.us/a/img152/8669/48694670.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img109/186/47069899.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img687/4084/67521894.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img853/158/5si.jpg

Running Noctuas all round at very low voltage. The case fans are running at 4-5V and the one on the CPU maxes out at 7V. No real issues with temperatures, surprisingly.

Worklog, but only in swedish, haven't got around to translate it; http://www.sweclockers.com/galleri/10347-laines-athene

One of my favourite builds.
Repping silver and Noctua!
Beautiful!

Updated pics of my just finished build:

11972504.jpg

11972520.jpg

11972508.jpg

11972533.jpg

The case was originally Black lian li Q08-ITX, which i've mod to fit mATX motherboard, full lenght GPU and custom loop.

It has MSI mATX board, i5-3570K, 4Gb ram, OCZ SSD, GTX 670 and silverstones SFX modular PSU with gold efficency, fully rewired with bitfenix extensions to fit the theme.

GPU+CPU are in the loop, which is cooled by single Phobya 140-radiator, EK Dcp 2.2 pump, Supreme LTX and Alphacool HF-14 blocks, fans are Akasa apache and Silverstone AK-141 in push'n pull configuration and hole system is dead silent (All fans running at 500-600Rpm, pump at 900Rpm)

I also have fan at the bottom, to cool GPU's VRM/VRAM, and to draw cool air into the case, PSU is also getting fresh air from this so it stays inaudiable (The fan is replaced with the Noiseblocker one, it has much better airflow@lower noise level than the stock fan)

V1200B Right? (from your sig), I had an 1100B Plus II myself, and loved that case, a bit more cramped than yours, but the door and the noise dampening was quite nice. I'd love to see yours all finished up!

As an aside... here's my A05N! (I've since filled the reservoir)
W6UoTVE.jpg
o11Kz2W.jpg
DzPYvRf.jpg
m2ChS0g.jpg

V1200B Right? (from your sig), I had an 1100B Plus II myself, and loved that case, a bit more cramped than yours, but the door and the noise dampening was quite nice. I'd love to see yours all finished up!

Yup, I still love the case to this day. It may not have all the nice stuff from modern cases like grommetted wire management holes, dust filters, space behind the mobo tray to tuck wires, toolless drive mount etc.... But rATX and thick side panels are great.

And here she lives, it's about 90% done. Just need some wire management and is good.

fiip3MY.jpg

Back