The Lian Li Gallery

Here's my PC-X900B build. Links go to flickr where there are more pics.
i7-930 at stock
Tuniq Tower Extreme
3 x Geil Black Dragon 2GB 1333Mhz
ASUS ATi 5870

and the top by jzhn, on Flickr

wide angle by jzhn, on Flickr

side off by jzhn, on Flickr

darker room by jzhn, on Flickr

money shot 2 by jzhn, on Flickr

The plan is to overclock on air, and change the lighting to a red and black theme. I want to upgrade the motherboard to the ASUS Rampage III, mostly because of the fantastic colour scheme, but it'll be a while before I get enough monies.

The air-cooling in this case is superb. I looked and measured around for ages to try and get a 360 rad watercooling system in (with dual 5.25 res/pump), but decided it wouldn't be worth the hassle. And the two or three x900 WC builds I've seen haven't looked especially great.

joxang, May I ask why you have installed the ram that way?
Shouldn't you have installed them in three blue slots for tri-channel?

Looks very nice!!!

For some reason the mobo won't post when the RAM is in the blue slots. Found a couple of other people with this problem on a gigabyte board but none of the posted solutions work; for now I'm just running them in DDR_1 2 and 3 slots.

Not sure if it's a mobo fault but if anyone can shed some light that would be much appreciated :).

For some reason the mobo won't post when the RAM is in the blue slots.
I owned the ga-x58-ud3r-sli a little while ago. Had the Ocz 6gb kit @1600 7ns for a while, but eventually, had to clock it at 1333.

If you set your ram clocks to auto (lowest speed), can you get the ram to post as triple channel (gray slots)? I know for sure that putting memory in only blue slots won't work, as blue means 2nd slot in each channel.

I know, I know, cable management. But at least I dust it with a semi-regular schedule.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Specs:
Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel
CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz
Ram: 2GB Generic
HDs: 12 1.5TB WD Green drives (10 are EADS, 2 are EARS)
2 Rosewill RC-209 PCI SATA cards
1 Adaptec 1430SA PCIe 4x card
Blu-Ray: LG 8x burner
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Basically use it as a poor man's server since its not running a server OS and the disks are JBOD. I use it for a few server functions:

SMB server (Stream videos to computers, music to Sonos)
AFP server (time machine backups for my Macbook)
FTP server for my webcams and internet access
HFS server (file server via http
Audiogalaxy server/Jukefly server (streaming to iPhone)
Bookshelf server (Bookshelf iPhone app)
WMP Network Streaming Server
SMTP server
@home server for prime, galaxy, etc

Here's my PC-X900B build. Links go to flickr where there are more pics.
i7-930 at stock
Tuniq Tower Extreme
3 x Geil Black Dragon 2GB 1333Mhz
ASUS ATi 5870

The plan is to overclock on air, and change the lighting to a red and black theme. I want to upgrade the motherboard to the ASUS Rampage III, mostly because of the fantastic colour scheme, but it'll be a while before I get enough monies.

The air-cooling in this case is superb. I looked and measured around for ages to try and get a 360 rad watercooling system in (with dual 5.25 res/pump), but decided it wouldn't be worth the hassle. And the two or three x900 WC builds I've seen haven't looked especially great.

I have an x1000 with a Rampage III Formula and I am running at a stable 4GHz (@1.25V, 40C idle/65C max CPU temp) using 1600MHz memory though as opposed to your 1333; hopefully you can do the same. I'm planning on doing the same red and black color scheme. I just have to buy the windowed side panel and red fans so I can see all of my handiwork. Any ideas on which red LED fans you were going to buy?

I have an x1000 with a Rampage III Formula and I am running at a stable 4GHz (@1.25V, 40C idle/65C max CPU temp) using 1600MHz memory though as opposed to your 1333; hopefully you can do the same. I'm planning on doing the same red and black color scheme. I just have to buy the windowed side panel and red fans so I can see all of my handiwork. Any ideas on which red LED fans you were going to buy?

Awesome :). Getting new ram for the overclock - the geil's going into my hackintosh build that I use for work. I'm hoping to get to 4GHz too though I'll be selling this cooler and getting one with push pull.

Getting white LED case fans as I want to illuminate the board and the components, not bathe them in a particular colour. Might also get a couple of these (http://kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_2216.html) and put them at the bottom of the case. The plan is to make the motherboard backlit on three sides with an acrylic border illuminated with red leds, a bit like in the pink mod on MDPC (http://www.million-dollar-pc.com/systems-2010/pink-project-janik/037.htm).

Awesome :). Getting new ram for the overclock - the geil's going into my hackintosh build that I use for work. I'm hoping to get to 4GHz too though I'll be selling this cooler and getting one with push pull.

Getting white LED case fans as I want to illuminate the board and the components, not bathe them in a particular colour. Might also get a couple of these (http://kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_2216.html) and put them at the bottom of the case. The plan is to make the motherboard backlit on three sides with an acrylic border illuminated with red leds, a bit like in the pink mod on MDPC (http://www.million-dollar-pc.com/systems-2010/pink-project-janik/037.htm).

I'm using a Cogage True Spirit with a push-pull setup. Push-pull doesn't really do much in my setup, maybe 1-2C drop in temps. I had two 120mm fans sitting around, so I figured what the heck :)

There are some real beauties in this thread. Being a lazy guy, I'd be interested in taking a rig from this thread off the hands of any willing sellers (perhaps you want to buy something else or upgrade to a bigger, badder rig). Please PM me if interested. I'm partial to silent acoustics and the PC-P50, but will consider any offers. Thanks!

My A71F came today, scored it for 149.99+FS on NewEgg on Cyber Monday, woo!

I'm stoked, this will be my first ever full tower, crazy.

I wanna go custom water, but the i7 950 in a box next to me and my birthday this week and christmas soon after dictates I wait till I have the new hardware sorted out.

I might end up waiting for SB and selling the 950, but I got it at MC for 199 so... price/perf might be just right.

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1286-1.jpg

Nice, a lot of these look awesome. Some of these cases are MASSIVE. I wanna get a larger case at some point. Probably in a year or 2 tho.

woah, somebody with a 1st generation B25 case. i currently use a second gen version. it's truly a gorgeous case, isn't it?

woah, somebody with a 1st generation B25 case. i currently use a second gen version. it's truly a gorgeous case, isn't it?

yo dude. Yeah, i love love love my B25. I bought it right before lian li stopped selling it. I love it. I think it's sleek and 'sleeper' like. I actually have my blue ring unplugged because it's so fucking bright. I want to buy a little toggle switch kit, so i can turn it on, and then turn it off when i want..

good work on the B25. i plan on using it for years to come

I realy love Lian-Li Chassi:cool:
Have one PC-V1100+ one PC-A20 and now my latest PC-B25S
Only thing too the B25 its tights back on the M-Card so the cable too the M-Card not fits realy.Sorry too the english;)
Have no hard disk bracket,use only 2.5 disk two SSD and two standard 2.5
Some fotos from PC-B25S.
DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

I've got the first gen as well and I have to say I much prefer it to the looks of the new one.

I've got the first gen as well and I have to say I much prefer it to the looks of the new one.

i wasn't trying to start a comparison between the first and second generations of the case. i just found it interesting that pics of one was posted here. it doesn't seem to me that the case is a very popular one. i love mine and wouldn't trade it for any case on the market other than maybe the corsair 800. after having a lian-li 1200b, i think the corsair would be too big for my liking, tho. anyway, here's to all the pc-25 variant cases out there! :)

i wasn't trying to start a comparison between the first and second generations of the case. i just found it interesting that pics of one was posted here. it doesn't seem to me that the case is a very popular one. i love mine and wouldn't trade it for any case on the market other than maybe the corsair 800. after having a lian-li 1200b, i think the corsair would be too big for my liking, tho. anyway, here's to all the pc-25 variant cases out there! :)

Oh yeah for sure. I love all B25s as well so it's quite surprising seeing other people who have it. The only case I would trade mine for is the new V1020, mostly because I need the slightly extra space that offers. Nice setup you've got there :).

I've been looking seriously at B25, but beveled side panels were a turn-off for me. Went with A05 (from PC-70) and had no regrets.

I've been looking seriously at B25, but beveled side panels were a turn-off for me. Went with A05 (from PC-70) and had no regrets.

Dude, that's like going from a yacht to a nice row boat! You must have suffered some transitional pain for sure.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Lancool PC-K62 PSU placement allows you to screw it in, and not use that belt looking clip on it? I really don't like the look of that and would rather screw the PSU into the case rather than use that..

The Only B25 with the beveled side panels was the original blue ring. All current ones without the front door have normal side panels. I'm wanting that B25S really badly for a new gaming comp build, and maybe dip into watercooling.

Ha-ha, it must be that I made my A05 decision some long time ago ... I remember B25 being very appealing, except the side panels and, like you said, the front door (which was less of an issue to me). I took a risk of A05 with its reversed airflow and have gone through two versions of that case already with no pains or regrets. I'm sure current B25 is a nice case as Lian-Li seems to be rather sensitive to what people want, but it's a little to big for me.

I realy love Lian-Li Chassi:cool:
Have one PC-V1100+ one PC-A20 and now my latest PC-B25S
Only thing too the B25 its tights back on the M-Card so the cable too the M-Card not fits realy.Sorry too the english;)
Have no hard disk bracket,use only 2.5 disk two SSD and two standard 2.5
Some fotos from PC-B25S.

Could you post some pictures of the back side so we can see your cable management technique?

Wow, seen some beautifull cases come by. Lovely.

I got my first Lian-Li PC-9F last week. Not modded so far, except for blue cold cathodes. But i'm getting inspired buy the others :D

sized_DSC07982.jpg

sized_DSC07966.jpg

sized_DSC07989.jpg

sized_DSC07970.jpg

sized_DSC07971.jpg

sized_DSC07985.jpg

Back