Graphics Card : 2 x EVGA GTX 480 Superclocked in SLI
Power supply : Corsair CMPSU-1000HX
CPU Cooler : Noctua NH-U12P SE2
Hard Drive : 2 x Western digital Vélociraptor 300Go in Raid 0
5.25 Bezel : Lian Li C-02B
Fan Control : Lian Li TR-5B
Power Supply Extended : Lian Li PE-01B

Pictures

It sounds funny but hard drives are impervious to data corruption from magnets near them. Someone else can back me up on this.
i would think so as they have a magnent in them already that is stronger that just about anything else out there

EDIT: a super magnet if you wil that make the armature move take one apart and Get it out it you get 2 don't let the get together you will most likely not be able to get them apart. i have done this several time the best magnets i found were in a sea-gate cheetah 15k rpm drive lol

Last edited:
Lian Li A05NB

a05n5.jpg

I guess the theme is blue and orange

very nice. what is that big silver metal thing in the top right?

Hi, just joined the forum! this is my first post.

I'm planning to mod my Lian-Li case just wondering what sort of tool do I need to be able to cut through the aluminum case? I'm talking about not so expensive tool that I can DIY at home. Thanks!!!

Hi, just joined the forum! this is my first post.

I'm planning to mod my Lian-Li case just wondering what sort of tool do I need to be able to cut through the aluminum case? I'm talking about not so expensive tool that I can DIY at home. Thanks!!!

I think a dermal or a jig saw would be your best bet. But you could also use a hand nibbler or a fine tooth metal saw. Just depends on what is expensive to you. Good Luck!!!

I think a dermal or a jig saw would be your best bet. But you could also use a hand nibbler or a fine tooth metal saw. Just depends on what is expensive to you. Good Luck!!!

oh I happen to have a dremal tool which I only used once. So, I'll start with that. thanks for the info. :)

My Q08B. Went from a CM WaveMaster to Antec P180 to ABS Black Pearl to A05NB to Q08B (Small to big to reasonably small).

There's not much to show but that's kind of how it is with this case a day later from the picture below. This is how it is as of now. I do wish I had 3 other blue sata cables instead of the red ones that I'm using for the hard drives. Kinda messes up with the color scheme. Also, X-650 is a little big for this case. I originally wanted the PSU fan away from the motherboard but the 24-pin connector got in the way.

juv234.jpg

This is an open shot of the front without the PSU installed but afterwards I changed the way the blue sata cable routed around and the USB 3.0 cables (which are ridiculously thick by the way).

1zb5sad.jpg

It's very different setting up the cables beforehand and not being able to access them from the backside once the panel is installed. :(

My new PC-X900. The only mod this time is that I replaced the upper hard-drive cage with the hot-swap rack from a Lian-Li EX-H34B. Oh, and I replaced the USB 3.0 port assembly with a USB 2.0 port assembly.

x900-inside.jpg

Building it turned out to be a pain in the ass—hardly anything worked out the way I'd planned it—and the end result isn't nearly the awesomeness I'd expected. I guess for the cost of the case I figured it would surely solve all my problems, eh? My rig's previous incarnation looked awesome but was nearly impossible to do stuff in, it was packed so tightly. The X900 is better, but still fairly snug. Now I'm thinking about a PC-A77F, or maybe a Mountain Mods Pinnacle, but the A77F is so enormously deep (I'd have to mod my desk), and MM cases so... Spartan. And then I'd have to do something with the X900, and I still haven't gotten around to doing something with my PC-6085B from two cases ago.

Too funny, I was going to do exactly that and install the 4 drive, hot swap bay but powerdercoat it and dye the plastic bits black. And maybe use silver handles to give it some contrast.

Which 2.0 port assembly did you use? I was planning on doing that as well but was worried the cables would be too short.

Too funny, I was going to do exactly that and install the 4 drive, hot swap bay but powerdercoat it and dye the plastic bits black. …. Which 2.0 port assembly did you use?
Actually I had painted the hot-swap rack black, though it's not apparent in that photo. My "previous incarnation" photo pre-dates the hot-swap rack's arrival, but you can see the black back of it in a later photo. The rack is now sitting on two hardware-store strips of steel, also painted black, for it to clear the two drive-cage-aligning pieces sticking up from that shelf.

For the USB 2.0 ports, I used the creatively-named "Front Port Cable Assembly for Most Newer Lian Li Cases" from Performance-PCs. The cables are abundantly long. The only hitch was that it has a FireWire port, and the case has no FireWire-port opening. A very minor hitch; not that I—or anybody I know—use FireWire, but it makes things fit together in a slightly less-than-optimal fashion.

Doesn't the front cable assembly come with a new cover with a firewire hole? Should all just plug into the motherboad I'd think.

Doesn't the front cable assembly come with a new cover with a firewire hole? Should all just plug into the motherboad I'd think.
The cover that does or does not have a FireWire hole is part of the case's ports-cover door. Earlier today I discovered the upcoming PC-V2120, which has the FireWire-port opening in its door/cover piece but uses the same no-FireWire ports assembly as the X900. Or so the picture indicates, anyway.

My new PC-X900. The only mod this time is that I replaced the upper hard-drive cage with the hot-swap rack from a Lian-Li EX-H34B. Oh, and I replaced the USB 3.0 port assembly with a USB 2.0 port assembly.

Building it turned out to be a pain in the ass—hardly anything worked out the way I'd planned it—and the end result isn't nearly the awesomeness I'd expected. I guess for the cost of the case I figured it would surely solve all my problems, eh? My rig's previous incarnation looked awesome but was nearly impossible to do stuff in, it was packed so tightly. The X900 is better, but still fairly snug. Now I'm thinking about a PC-A77F, or maybe a Mountain Mods Pinnacle, but the A77F is so enormously deep (I'd have to mod my desk), and MM cases so... Spartan. And then I'd have to do something with the X900, and I still haven't gotten around to doing something with my PC-6085B from two cases ago.

Looks really nice. BTW the A77F is a monster of a case. But oh so roomy. I'm contemplating getting one as well. The only thing I don't like about it is the price.

My new PC

Processor : Intel Core i7 960 @ 3.8GHz
Motherboard : EVGA X58 3X SLI Classified
Memory : Corsair 6Go Dominator GT
Graphics Card : 2 x EVGA GTX 480 Superclocked in SLI
Power supply : Corsair CMPSU-1000HX
CPU Cooler : Noctua NH-U12P SE2
Hard Drive : 2 x Western digital Vélociraptor 300Go in Raid 0
5.25 Bezel : Lian Li C-02B
Fan Control : Lian Li TR-5B
Power Supply Extended : Lian Li PE-01B

Pictures

That's an amazing build CryHunter, very clean!

How are you doing w/ the two GTX 480s in terms of temps and noise?

Oh and is your PSU sticking out halfway in the back? Is the case designed to do that?

My Q07, I just noticed it is scratched on the front. It isn't too noticeable and the flash makes it look worse, but I am anal about these things .Any ideas on how to hide it? Sharpie actually looks worse.
IMG_0344%20%28Medium%29.JPG

I replaced the phillips head screws with hex head screws, they don't sit perfectly flush, but I kind of like the look.
IMG_0338%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Newest addition, no scratches yet :rolleyes:
IMG_0339%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Will also be replacing the phillips head screws, almost stripped a couple when removing them. The hex heads should sit flush a bit better as the counter sunk holes are a bit larger on the 352.
IMG_0340%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Here's mine after painting the case black. Next plan is to utilize my Thermalright Spitfire on either a 5870 or a 480. So the massive overkill Mk-13 on the GT-240 is just temporary.

IMG_6827-1.jpg

IMG_6812-1.jpg

IMG_6828-1.jpg

Cry, that is probably one of the cleanest LiLi builds I've seen in awhile...and considering I'm not a fan of the case that's saying a lot! :p

I completely understand the practicality of the PSU extender but it looks as out of place as an external radiator IMO, completely justified in your situation though and I wouldn't worry about it.

there really needs to be more tall cases like the pc-x900 and the pc-x2000... these perfectly fit my needs and the space i have, but im just a poor college student.

I've got a question for those of you with a "V" series case & a tower-style heatsink. Do you have the rear case fan set as intake or exhaust? If intake, how do you have your fan(s) on your heatsink arranged? Do you also have the front fan set as intake or exhaust?
Thanks.

My Q08B. Went from a CM WaveMaster to Antec P180 to ABS Black Pearl to A05NB to Q08B (Small to big to reasonably small).

There's not much to show but that's kind of how it is with this case a day later from the picture below. This is how it is as of now. I do wish I had 3 other blue sata cables instead of the red ones that I'm using for the hard drives. Kinda messes up with the color scheme. Also, X-650 is a little big for this case. I originally wanted the PSU fan away from the motherboard but the 24-pin connector got in the way.

juv234.jpg

This is an open shot of the front without the PSU installed but afterwards I changed the way the blue sata cable routed around and the USB 3.0 cables (which are ridiculously thick by the way).

1zb5sad.jpg

It's very different setting up the cables beforehand and not being able to access them from the backside once the panel is installed. :(

got the same case, i hope i dont run into the same problems

I've got a question for those of you with a "V" series case & a tower-style heatsink. Do you have the rear case fan set as intake or exhaust? If intake, how do you have your fan(s) on your heatsink arranged? Do you also have the front fan set as intake or exhaust?
Thanks.

It depends a bit on the components you are using, but normally the rear case fan is exhaust. Front fan is intake. The CPU heatsink should draw cool air from the front and push it thru the tower heatsink out to the rear exhaust fan. My V1000 has a 120mm exhaust fan on the top as well, since that is where most of the video card heat goes.

new build:
CPU: Intel i5 760
Heatsink: Thermalright HR-02 w/ Scythe 120mm PWM fan
Video Card: ECS Black 460gtx 1gb
Motherboard: EVGA P55 SLI
Memory: 8gb Patriot DDR3 1600
SSD: Kingston 128gb SSD
HDD: Samsung F4 2TB 5400rpm
PSU: Seasonic X-750 Gold
Case fans: 2x Scythe SY1225SL12LM-P PWM
DVD Burner: Samsung SH-223

vxog9l.jpg

2vbv38h.jpg

xnrj8j.jpg

6qefk1.jpg

I really was going for a silent build that I could crank games on.
The ECS Black video card cooling solution is excellent. I haven't heard it spin up yet running games at 1920x1080. The Seasonic PSU is dead silent.This is the first time I've used PWM fans for the case fans. After adjusting the fan speed settings in the BIOS, they run at 800 rpm, and are used for exhaust. I do not have any intake fans at all. I've gamed for several hours straight with this rig next to my feet, and I can't hear it above the ambient noise. System temp holds at 26c.

Sakom, did you remove the hdd bays from your a05? Howd you get that one up there under the 5.2"

Back