The Lian Li Gallery

That case looks awesome! I want to see more pics of it like a shot of the whole thing! :D

Thank you very much :)
OK, here's another shot just for you:D

IMG_4672.jpg

I have some more shots of my whole desk in the Workstation 2009 thread.

Very Nice!! Thanks for posting another! I love your case and how it is set up! Very clean!

Thank you! I really appreciate the nice comments... and actually it makes me feel better about all the outdated hardware inside it :p but it works fine for what I do.

Hey don't fret about the hardware. Just look in my sig and u can see I'm still running an outdated system (who isn't really, its only a matter of time, lol)

I'm saving up for a new i7/mobo/memory a the moment, and def want to replace my aging, but still awesome 8800GTX, I'm just waiting to see what the new DX11 cards comin' out bring to the table.

Anyways, I love seeing what poeple do with similar cases to mine (mines a silver PC-V1000) and should be getting delivered some new parts for the case and a new Heatsink in the next couple days. I'll post those pics when I get it all set up, so watch for those! I still wish my case was a black one though....oh well, I can't complain since I got it for free! :D

Hey don't fret about the hardware. Just look in my sig and u can see I'm still running an outdated system (who isn't really, its only a matter of time, lol)

I'm saving up for a new i7/mobo/memory a the moment, and def want to replace my aging, but still awesome 8800GTX, I'm just waiting to see what the new DX11 cards comin' out bring to the table.

Anyways, I love seeing what poeple do with similar cases to mine (mines a silver PC-V1000) and should be getting delivered some new parts for the case and a new Heatsink in the next couple days. I'll post those pics when I get it all set up, so watch for those! I still wish my case was a black one though....oh well, I can't complain since I got it for free! :D

A nice i7 system with some 100+ SSD's would be real nice, but I have too many hobbies to try to feed at once :p I might check out a DX11 card though... I'm still running with this old 8800GS, but it does a good job at everything I've thrown at so far.

As far as my V1000, I don't think I could ever let her go... I love her too much :D
I actually wanted a silver one when I bought mine to tell you the truth, but I bought mine on impulse at a store with some insurance money I got (long story) and it turned out to be the best $200 or so I've ever spent. I still wish I had a silver one too, I am a sucker for the bare naked aluminum :) I'm like you though, I like seeing how people fix up their cases (V1000 especially)... that's actually how I came across the [H]ard Forum awhile back. The V1000 is a love it or hate it design I think... I love it! The only case that I would get rid of mine for is one of the Windy cases... maybe. I might like a new PC-V1010 but I prefer the motherboard be inverted like on mine & yours, that is one of my favorite things about it and I don't really know why they changed that.
Alright well, good luck with your new parts... I'll keep a look out for your pics.
Oh and a V1000 for free :eek: that's a good price ;)

How makes those fans? They look so purdy...

They're what SoAndSo said... Xigmateks... here's a link...http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233015

TooBooKoo, you can still find NEW PC-V1000s in silver and black if you look around online!

I just bought my black PC-V1000B Plus II online a few months ago. I was able to find a few extra side panels as well (solid ones) for making custom case windows. I kept one solid as well in case I decide I don't like the window thing anymore....

Anyways here my 1st ever build. Haven't had much time to work on it but I spent a day last week doing the window. I'm super anal and it turned out perfect. I bought a Black & Decker "Mouse" sander just for the job to ensure the cut edges were perfectly smooth. I sanded it all up to 1000 grit. I like the exposed, bare metal edge.

The build is an i7. I'll get interior pics as soon as I get time to finish sleeving everthing. I might get another smaller LED light for near the hard drives but we'll see.

And heres a pic of my other window panel I made as well...I used 1/8" clear acrylic. I had to cut the edge off the case divider inside the case to allow for the thickness of the plastic, expecially on the panel above where it exposed the hard drives. But you'd never know by looking at it.

DSC02754.jpg

DSC02755.jpg

DSC02756.jpg

Seeing that pic above, it just confirms to me that I need to take my video card apart and paint that red piece black!

Man thats nice! i have the same case and I can't bring myself to cut up such a nice case, all tho I do want a window! :(

Oooooh!! All of these V1000's! Awesome! :D

Very nice rig shawnoen as well! I like the red on your FTW GFX card IMO!

I will be posting some new pics of my silver case in the next few days so watch out! I am currently trying to better my cable management. Is there any way u guys can take pics of the other side of your cases so I can get look at how you guys managed your cables? I am finding my V1000 to be a bit tricky in the cable management dept. Also maybe a pic of the hardrives and how they are set up. I had to take off the second hard drive rack on the right to make room for my PSU, and I don't like the look of my cables going into and from my HDDs.

Also, TooBooKoo, what exactly did you use to cover the part you painted on? It doesn't look like you just painted right on the aluminum? I'm curious cause it looks very good!

Oooooh!! All of these V1000's! Awesome! :D

Very nice rig shawnoen as well! I like the red on your FTW GFX card IMO!

I will be posting some new pics of my silver case in the next few days so watch out! I am currently trying to better my cable management. Is there any way u guys can take pics of the other side of your cases so I can get look at how you guys managed your cables? I am finding my V1000 to be a bit tricky in the cable management dept. Also maybe a pic of the hardrives and how they are set up. I had to take off the second hard drive rack on the right to make room for my PSU, and I don't like the look of my cables going into and from my HDDs.

Also, TooBooKoo, what exactly did you use to cover the part you painted on? It doesn't look like you just painted right on the aluminum? I'm curious cause it looks very good!

I can up some pics in a few, probably. I used some small zip ties and they worked like a charm. let me find my camera cable and i will up some :D

TooBooKoo, you can still find NEW PC-V1000s in silver and black if you look around online!

Yeah I found some decent deals on V1000's online, but I can't really justify it since I have one that is fine... however, if I could convince the wife that I need to build a new system... :p I just convinced her that I needed a Yamaha YZF-R1 :D and that was hard enough.

I love those custom window jobs you did... excellent job! I hear you about being anal, I've been accused of having OCD for some of my actions... but hey, look at the results. If there weren't obsessive people in the world then there would be no quality control. Anyway, you did a hell of a job on your first build!

Oh yeah, and that's a great idea about the multiple different side panels... because sometimes I like to change the look around a bit, and what better way to do it.

I just used a piece of white poster board (not the shiny type) and created the brick wall pattern I wanted, then colored it with permanent markers. Kind of like shawnoen did with the side panels, I have multiple different interior panels I can put in there and interchange them for a different look. Works pretty well.

I removed my second hard drive cage too, didn't really need it anyway. I'll take some pictures of the inside with the panels off so you can see how I did mine. The bottom half is not quite as nice looking at the the top half ('cause that's where I hid the wires :p) but it's decent. I'll try to get some pictures uploaded as soon as possible.

Sorry element4life3, I can't find my cord to upload the pics the pictures I took with my webcam aren't that great. :(

only tips i can give you is just to be creative. you don't want your setup to look like someone elses.

I removed my HDD cage as well. Was just in the way of my HX620 power supply. I also rotated the existing hard drive cage 180 degrees and moved it forward so it was closer to the right side. That also gave the cabling on the back side more room.

Sorry element4life3, I can't find my cord to upload the pics the pictures I took with my webcam aren't that great. :(

only tips i can give you is just to be creative. you don't want your setup to look like someone elses.

Hey that's no prob about the pics. I'm not trying to mimic any other cases, I just need a reference to start because my cabling sucks...lol. I'm really more interested in what others do with similar cases to mine, and all of the unique ways the V1000's can be set up. Its crazy how much time you can put into these, and how much fun it can be. I'm about to go start re-cabling my roomie's case because I know he is lazy and never will do it, lol. :p

Here we go... this is the backside of my case, and I would say it's the equivalent of hiding everything in the closet when cleaning house :p but at least all the ugly parts are hidden when the side panel is on... and all the yuck disappears :D

See this is what happens when I don't have a modular PSU...
renamethenpostinLianLiforum.jpg

but here's what it looks like from the other side...
renamethenpostinLianLiforum2.jpg

Oh yeah, and nevermind the fingerprints and crappy lighting... I used the flash on the camera and it brings out all the little nasties :eek:

Sweet TooBooKoo! I was just looking at dremels today because I wanted to cut the very same space above my drives out, because it seems it is the only way I can get most of my cables hidden! Did you custom sleeve your power cables yourself? They look very nice.

So get this. I finally get my package I have been waiting for with all of my new fans, Thermalright 120 Extreme Black edition, and this HDD expansion kit/Fan unit that will take up 3 drive slots on my case. It turns out, they send me a BLACK one instead of a SILVER one! This is what it is. Damn...I am sending it back tomorrow and they said they will refund me what it costs to ship and send the silver one on monday. I ordered from performance-pcs.com whom I have never had a problem with, but they have awesome customer service and I got an email back from them within an hour of notifying them of their error.

So I guess this means more waiting for me...and more waiting till I post up the pics of my case! :(

What did you use to cut the space beside the drive bays? dremel?

Yeah, I used my Dremel... and then used some rubber stuff that goes on car doors to trim it out so wires would not be harmed... works pretty well I guess.

Sweet TooBooKoo! I was just looking at dremels today because I wanted to cut the very same space above my drives out, because it seems it is the only way I can get most of my cables hidden! Did you custom sleeve your power cables yourself? They look very nice.

Thank you :D I sleeved all the ones you can see, the others came that way on my Seasonic. I really liked the way individually sleeved power cables looked so I did that ;)
I used a really thick, cotton-like sleeving and the factory stuff on my psu is of lesser quality I think.
Oh yeah, I also think that cutting that little notch for the wires below the drive bays is an essential mod and should have been included from the factory... it helps tremendously.

I made the notch in the same spot for cable routing. I contacted Lian Li and they sent me a whole bag of those white clips. I cut the notch to the exact size of the existing one and it looks factory with the slip on there!

Pics of my PC-7 (although when I ordered it for $40, it was called a PC-62 on the website) server that I just got a Lian Li 3 to 4 bay adapter with 120mm fan. HDD temps dropped 10-15C down to only 33C now. You don't want to see the back side of the case, those wires are such a mess. Maybe putting a 9800GTX+ in it, but I doubt it as the onboard video is fine for me.

S6001336-1.jpg

S6001337.jpg

S6001338.jpg

S6001339.jpg

S6001340.jpg

As far as my V1000, I don't think I could ever let her go... I love her too much :D

Man oh man I know exactly what you mean, I'm the same way.

I am (temporarily) using an ATCS 840 and in all honesty, I don't like it to the point where I'd almost say I can't stand it. :( Never in my life have I had to do extra stuff to make a case work (and granted I've modded 2 A05's as well as doing the 'cutout' mod behind the 5.25" bays on the V1000).

Thanks for posting clearer shots of your cable 'spaghetti' too, BTW....I've always been amazed at your cable management skills, TBK - now I have some more ideas on how to achieve something similar with mine. Mine looks pretty good....but I'm starting to get anal retentive about the cables to the point I'm ending up with a total breakdown and re-tweaking to get something like yours. ;) Lots of work for me to do though, since I'm running CF 4830's now, plus I have to remove the rightmost HD cage now that I'm using an HX850 (before transferring back to the V1000).

I wish the 1000Z was around the price I paid for the 1000BW PlusII I have ($179 on sale @ Directron) but of course it's not.

And I totally agree about rATX....(especially after now having CF 4830's). Why hasn't rATX taken over yet? And these rumors about LL basically phasing it out (on everything but the A05, pretty much) "because people over in Japan don't like rATX" (or something to that effect is the rumor I've heard). rATX is so much better!!! :eek:

I made the notch in the same spot for cable routing. I contacted Lian Li and they sent me a whole bag of those white clips. I cut the notch to the exact size of the existing one and it looks factory with the slip on there!

Do you mind posting any pics? Which clips are you talking about?

Man oh man I know exactly what you mean, I'm the same way.

As far as posting my cable mess, no problem... although the hair stands up on the back of my neck when I look at those shots...lol... I could have probably made that look better too, but honestly I didn't want to put so much time into something no one ever sees (except for everyone on [H]ere now) :p
Thank you also, for your kind words... flattering to say the least.
Good luck with your new obsession ;) I found that once I started hiding wires and being anal retentive about it... well then I had to hide all the wires in my computer room too, then in my home theater... and now in my car's engine bay, lmao. I guess now I need window in the hood of my car :D Anyway good luck.... and I look forward to seeing some pictures of your return to the V1000.
Oh and yeah, rATX has always made for a cooler running system for me personally... and plus it just looks better in my opinion.

Oh and yeah, rATX has always made for a cooler running system for me personally... and plus it just looks better in my opinion.

So true!! I wish there were more rATX cases out there!

Hey shawnoen, I am just wondering, why do you have your 120 Extreme mounted horizontally? I am going to put mine in when I have time this weekend hopefully, but was going to mount it vertically and have 2 fans in a push pull configuration, exhausting out my back fan. I dont know which way your fan is blowing on your cooler, but either way it would be blowing the air straight into your graphics cards or down at the alluminum shelf. Wouldn't it run cooler with it vertically, exhausting out the back?

The Ultra 120 won't fit vertically in my case with an EVGA x58 motherboard. The processor socket is offset compared to other i7motherboards.

I have an Ultima 90 and an HR-01 I'm going to try instead to mount it vertically. They are a bit narrower. Just haven't had time to do it.

The Ultra 120 won't fit vertically in my case with an EVGA x58 motherboard. The processor socket is offset compared to other i7motherboards.

I have an Ultima 90 and an HR-01 I'm going to try instead to mount it vertically. They are a bit narrower. Just haven't had time to do it.

Ohhh, that explains it. Have you looked at the COGAGE True Spirit it seems to have done very well in Hard's Intel Core i7 Heatsink Roundup Q309. Kinda like the younger smaller cousin of the 120 extreme. If I had an i7 I would have gotten it instead of the 120 Extreme.

finally found a small sleek fan controller that matches the brushed aluminum on lian li's. is a scythe and its pretty damn sexy.

img0180exh.jpg

img0186tah.jpg

and an interior shot

a05b.png

Nice, that looked exactly like my case a few weeks ago, then I got a second fan controller so I modded my scythe controller along with the new sunbeam one, I put the original bezel on both of the controllers. I should really post a pic one of these days.

Anyone ever seen any solutions to close the big hole in the V1000B between the upper and lower arears? With cable management "in" these days no one is using that hole.

Only think I can think is to fabricate a new panel from scratch....

thisisglen

can you do the same thing for my case, lol..... :)

Back