The Lian Li Gallery

Here's my humble little beast I finished a couple days ago.

PC-60FB
Swapped out the front 140mm with a Yate Loon and replaced (and added) all 120mm's with Scythe S-Flex's. I'm very happy with the way it turned out, especially the temps and how quiet it is. My only regret is the wiring of the 12V cable - which I couldn't get to work any other way. Do they make extensions for those?

Lian1.jpg

Lian2.jpg

Lian3.jpg

Lian4.jpg

Lian5.jpg

Hey where did you get that thing that looks like what motherboards have when you take them out the box? i want to buy some for my rocketfish so it could be quieter.

Frozencpu sells it, among other places. Okasa mat is another option.

Also, you don't have to quote every single picture for that..

My fix build:

Ghetto-Cooler-Mod :D :

This weekend I will install a cooler from the QX9650 and do some cable-sleeving.

I haven't seen many silver colored Lian Li's, so here is mine!! It has a lot of work that still needs to be done like getting rid of the useless floppy drive, and putting in a fan in the place of the 3 unused drive slots, like with this, or possibly this, but only the front part without the hdd bays because I like the logo on it (if its possible?) what do you guys think? I'm also about to order a Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme cpu cooler. Its a bit dusty...lol, I've cleaned it since taking these pics! (didn't realize how bad it was till I saw them...:p)

Specs in my sig...

comp2.jpg

comp1.jpg

comp3.jpg

Last edited:
Fusion, that is simply . . . phenomenal. Great sleeving and wiring job! Though I've had several incarnations, I've never really loved the rounded front edges on the V Series. That doesn't take anything away from your setup though, which looks amazing!

Here is my Sig Rig. I have added two storage drives since I took the pictures.

021ht3.jpg

022ek8.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Ugh FusionXP! Now I have to clean up my own case... there's no window, but to me, if it's dirty, it's a fail.

Time to shop up some heatshrink and sleeving...

That is one slick looking rig there Mullet, so clean and nicely set up.

I really don't think you can go wrong with just about any Lian-Li's. Their build quality is top notch, and they look so damn clean and sexy. I couldn't see myself buying any other brand. :D

I'm thinking of purchasing the pc-a70b. Is it any good?

One thing I would suggest you do before buying any of the LL full tower cases (like the A70, A71, B70, B71, etc.) is get a tape measure and actually measure out how BIG this case will be on (or under) your desk. This is especially important if you keep your tower ON your desk because these cases are GINORMOUS!!! You will be surprised how big they are when you see it in real life. They measure approx. 23.4" x 23.2" x 8.7" so be prepared to allow for this size.

I got a B70 because I liked the interior design but was really amazed and put off by how big it was on my desk. It made my 30" LCD's look like 22 inchers!!!

One thing I would suggest you do before buying any of the LL full tower cases (like the A70, A71, B70, B71, etc.) is get a tape measure and actually measure out how BIG this case will be on (or under) your desk. This is especially important if you keep your tower ON your desk because these cases are GINORMOUS!!! You will be surprised how big they are when you see it in real life. They measure approx. 23.4" x 23.2" x 8.7" so be prepared to allow for this size.
This is really good advice. I did do something like this when I ordered my V2000, but I was still shocked with how large it was. Plus it sits on my desk...

Just got my 1st Ikea desk all set up. Still might make some changes and my computer is a work in progress....

Loving the stainless!

It's an Ekby? or something. Costs about $400 out the door including the 2 stainless Lack shelves that I'm using for storage (they might go away though). I cut one of them shorter and with some welding on the one end you can't even tell it was done.

DSC02644.jpg

DSC02646.jpg

Got these specific shelf sliders online that are for keyboard drawers. I might take another stainless Lack shelf I have and shorten it and use it for a keyboard drawer. I've never had my keyboard on top of my desk so we'll see if I get used to it or not....

DSC02647.jpg

I've been holding off on drilling a 3" hole right into the desk to allow for this Belkin ipod/iphone dock. But I can't decide where to put it. Maybe right between the monitors so I can also route my keyboard cable down and out of site right away.

Guess that would be a pseudo drain? :)

DSC02648.jpg

that thing is pretty awesome, i want one or two for my own desk.

I've been holding off on drilling a 3" hole right into the desk to allow for this Belkin ipod/iphone dock. But I can't decide where to put it. Maybe right between the monitors so I can also route my keyboard cable down and out of site right away.

DSC02648.jpg

If you happen to have the iphone, doesn't it interfere with your speakers? I used to have my charger next to my moniter, and "BING BING BONG" drives me crazy

i'm getting my pc-a71b on wednesday :D
can't wait, will post pics when my stuff is all in

Maybe You could take a piece of hard wood, cut it to size and mount the dock in it? That way You can position the dock wherever You want to and You won't have to drill into Your desk.

Specs
CPU - Xeon W3520 @ 4.2ghz
Board - X58 UD5
Ram - Corsair Domnators 6GB
Video - GTX 275 SLi
Sound - X-Fi
HDD - 1X 300GB Velociratptor, 1X WD 1TB Black
PSU - Corsair HX 1000
Cooling - Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
DVD - Pioneer DVDrw Sata
Case - Lian Li PC-50R

how do you have the fans setup? intake front to exahust back?

Last edited:
I just finished ripping out my old piece of acrylic for my side window and installing a new one. The new acrylic is much thicker than the previous and it looks much more "glassy" than the thinner stuff did when I put it in. Maybe due to the fact that the thinner acrylic has the ability to flex and therefore refract light differently (I don't know), but the thicker stuff looks more robust and more like actual glass... I'm pleased with the change.

Oh yeah, and I also painted the bare metal from where I cut the side panel window out (I've been meaning to do this forever :p) and it increased the visual pleasure 10 fold. Ok, so maybe I cheated a little... I didn't use paint, I used a black paint pen. I think it came out better than I could have done with anything else personally though.

I'm don't know if this picture properly illustrates all my above comments or not, but here it is...
IMG_4647.jpg

Please forgive the lack of detail and small amount of blurriness... I have been learning how to take depth of field shots on my XTi and I was simply too lazy to change the settings, now that's what I call lazy :p

Back