The Lian Li Gallery

May not be a PC... but it is in a Lian-Li case;)

Swiftech MCP350 pump
2x Koolance vga block
Side Thermaltake Rad with 120mm fan
Danger den Fillport
120gb HDD
Rear 120mm Lian-Li fan

I was wondering when I was going to see that Lian Li show up in here :cool:
I seen that on their website and then I had the urge to go buy an X-Box just to put it in there :p
That is a nice 360 indeed... I love the green liquid showing through the front mesh too.

Yes i do love it. I dont even think it freezes. my 2 first systems would every now and then.
So worth it.

Thanx for the comments everyone:D

i want to post here before i head over to the FS/FT forum... but is anyone here thats using water-cooling or ONE of the hard drive racks in the Lian Li PC-V1000, willing to sell the other rack?

i posted here regarding what i've done and why im looking for one... im pretty desperate at this point.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1402796

From the old air cooled setup.
S7300315.JPG

S7300296.JPG

To the same rig on water.
S7300413.JPG

S7300410.JPG

S7300429.JPG

S7300434.JPG

S7300436.JPG

S7300445.JPG

psy

A 4x120 radiator for just the CPU..? Are you planning to add the videocards to the loop?

With the rad in place I can now do what ever I want. Its for future expansion needs. I could have cut in a dual 120 or 140 and kept it internal. or stick a tri 120/140 on top. Or just stick a quad on top and be done with it. Went with the be done with it thinking.

My baby - Lian Li PC-A16:

Lian_Li_photoshoot_1.jpg

-
Lian_Li_photoshoot_3.jpg

-
Lian_Li_photoshoot_6.jpg

-
Lian_Li_photoshoot_4.jpg

I just love love these Lian-Li's. Best case I ever had. I don't see many of the A16's or even the A-17's. They are awesome.

I don't see many of the A16's or even the A-17's.
Well, I'm just gonna have to throw in a plug for my A16 post. Nice optical-drive stealthing. I see, you, too, replaced the "holey" bay covers with solid ones. All you A16 and A17 owners: who's using the original covers and who's replaced 'em with solid ones? Maybe we need a poll. I suspect Lian-Li is doing its customers a disservice by including the perforated covers.

I use holed ones on 3 bays in front of intake. Then i have a EX-33 which takes another 3 slots, a Kaze Master, a DVD drive and one bay cover with holes. So that's my PC-A17. On other side, it was very good for me to have these perforated bay covers for my PC-V350, because i mounted my HDD to the 5,25" bay with antivibration solution (it is fixed by only 1 screw, but that's enough).

Here's my A16. I do use the perforated covers. That's what attracted me to this case, I like it. I used one of my cover to stealth my drive also. I'll have the interior shots soon.

toobookoo.. I have one of those chairs, and I HATE it. Pretty sure mine's the same model.
is yours tolerable? otherwise a beautiful setup :)

toobookoo.. I have one of those chairs, and I HATE it. Pretty sure mine's the same model.
is yours tolerable? otherwise a beautiful setup :)

Thank you.
I find the chair tolerable to say the least... I do wish the back were a little higher. I don't know, maybe it's because it doesn't offer as much resistance as your typical foam padded chair... rather it kind of molds to your body. To put it short... I've felt better, but I've felt worse.

Velcro Dot is your best friend. The extra velcro on the bottom left of the bay cover, covers the eject button. Just have to press the bottom part of the bay cover, then it will open.

That's how I did mine, too. However, I didn't Dremmel the cover, I just wiggled the sides and they snapped right off in a clean line. Worked out very nicely.

Wiggle, snap. Stick a couple pieces of Velcro. Line it up, and done.:)

brilliant!

Most definitely :) Always wanted to try that case out, but damn, that's hawt.

Happy to have my little box running again after a little over a month of downtime, dang you responsibilities!! Nothing fancy, just a PC-X500 with some Noctua fans and extra sound dampening. Also had to install a bottom fan as the front grill design on this case is very restrictive, resulting in not quite enough air intake by itself.

Image023.jpg

Image011.jpg

Image018.jpg

Image014.jpg

Image019.jpg

Scratched my Lianli while transferring the door, any advice on repainting this? /sad

edit;

Since ive decided to powder coat my casing, i guess the coating will just cover these scratches.. should i sand them or not ?

Just got my new Xigmatek HDT-S1283. This thing is amazing. :D

The biggest change for me at first was the decrease in noise level, haha. I can't believe how noisy the previous CPU cooler was. I always thought it was the case fans that were noisy, but the case is pretty near silent now, which is great. The loudest thing in the case was my GPU fan after the change, because I had it up at 85%, but since changing the CPU cooler and rearranging the fans, I was able to drop it down to 65% and it's idling cooler (~47°C) than it was at 85%, and is now barely audible.

The CPU temp also dropped of course. With the previous cooler, it was idling around 46°C, where it now idles at 40°. This temp should drop a few more degrees eventually as well, since I used Artic Silver 5, and it takes some time to cure and achieve optimal temps. As for load temps, with the previous cooler, with CPU at 100% it would get up around 56°, but now with the Xigmatek cooler and CPU at 100%, it'll max out at 47/48°C. Pretty good drop for sure. :)

Here are some pictures I took during the process:

New cooler :)
IMG_2342.jpg

Out with the old:
IMG_2339.jpg

Comparison. I used to think the old cooler was huge, haha. (Yeah, I know, it's pretty dusty. I would have cleaned it by now, but I knew the new one was coming so I just waited until it came.)
IMG_2345.jpg

IMG_2346.jpg

In with the new:
IMG_2347.jpg

IMG_2348.jpg

IMG_2349.jpg

All done and back up and running (I gotta take the side panel back off and clean the window, haha):
IMG_2354.jpg

IMG_2359.jpg

IMG_2356.jpg

Just got my new Xigmatek HDT-S1283. This thing is amazing. :D

Great loads temps for sure... it's loading at a few degrees warmer than what it used to be idle... I'd say that's worth the price of admission right there.

Looking at your system now, I think I know what could have been going on... your GPU was exhausting hot air out the back through the slots and the rear fan (as intake) was picking that heated air back up to feed your heatsink. Now all the cool air is coming in the front and all going out the back.

I also think that Xig looks really good in there... your window showcases it well and gives a more powerful look overall.

Sounds like a few changes yielded great results to me, congratulations :)

Great loads temps for sure... it's loading at a few degrees warmer than what it used to be idle... I'd say that's worth the price of admission right there.

Looking at your system now, I think I know what could have been going on... your GPU was exhausting hot air out the back through the slots and the rear fan (as intake) was picking that heated air back up to feed your heatsink. Now all the cool air is coming in the front and all going out the back.

I also think that Xig looks really good in there... your window showcases it well and gives a more powerful look overall.

Sounds like a few changes yielded great results to me, congratulations :)

Back