The Lian Li Gallery

I had a v1200 plus as well, didnt come with feet =(

Can you purchase the feet seperately?

Kmat

I did the same approach on the Optical drives for the V600. Instead of covers I went with a plain front bezel that matches the case. No printing or logo anywhere.

I am up to two LL PC-V600 builds - one silver w/c and one black on air. Airflow is very good for a small case if you plan it out well. I went with Ultra X2 550 PSU's for the modular cables and 12v capacity and they seem to handle the load well. I have a minor update to finish up my second case. I'll make a new post comparing the two and throw a quick post in here.

Thoughts on the PC-A10?

Does anyone have this case? I'm looking to replace my first gen Antec Sonata with something a little more roomy and with better cooling that still is fairly quiet.

I've looked at the CM Stacker, and I just don't like the looks. I like understated looks and high build quality, and cases with doors. I'd also prefer to stay with a midtower if possible. I am open to any other suggestions.

The A10 will fit 8800 size video cards, as long as you don't put an optical drive right in line with them. With 7 accessable front bays, this should not be a problem. I currently have the big sideways mounted Zalman cooler on my CPU (9700 I think), I think this will fit in the case, but getting the power cables up from the bottom cleanly with it installed may be a bit of a trick.

I don't mind hearing fans when gaming etc, but I want it to be quiet and reasonably cool when I want it to (ie movies/web etc). I also don't overclock much, but I've had my opty up to 3Ghz stable, and if I could keep it cool there, I'd leave it.

I am planning this case for my main rig for the next few years at least. Current specs are below, new motherboard and CPU will happen at least a year out, probably more.

My current system:
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
Opteron 185
2GB G.Skill RAM
4x SATA HDDs (Raptor and 3x7200rpm Seagates)
2xOptical drives
2x6600GTs (soon to be 1 8800GTS/X, and eventually 2)
Corsair 620W PSU
Other assorted crap

Thoughts? Alternatives? Boots to the head?

-SM

Case_ex.jpg

case_in.jpg

case_in2.jpg

Fan_1.jpg

fan_2.jpg

full_1.jpg

full_2.jpg

I just realized that it's possible to take out the hard drive railings or the one metal slot that seperates the PSU, right? That would have made it so much easier trying to put in the PSU... and clean up my cables. LoL. I only use 3 hard drives... but if I did end up putting in anymore, I would have to swap cases...

Nice, does the case get dusty fast?

Yeah, it does, but I went and bought this little air pump at Wal-Mart that is supposed to be used for inflating air mattresses and what not. Its small, but it gives me just enough air force to get all the dust out of my computer. It works like a charm.

I air it out about once every 2 weeks or so, and it gets pretty nasty.:eek:

Little update to mine... ;)

windowam3.jpg

There's barely any space between the side and rad though... so I need to find 1mm thick perspex/acrylic :/

finally i can join the Lian-Li case crew:) sorry for bad pics, my K750i's cam suck big time

I'm wondering...does anyone else think Silverstone has ripped off Lian Li with their cases' design?

finally i can join the Lian-Li case crew:) sorry for bad pics, my K750i's cam suck big time

Looks awesome.

Manage those cables and get a camera !

Nice choices on your build - I see a few good that I wouldn't mind throwing in my rig. :D

Looks awesome.

Manage those cables and get a camera !

Nice choices on your build - I see a few good that I wouldn't mind throwing in my rig. :D

thanks. i bought the LiLi because of the sexy look and the silencing and cooling qualities, and because my old awful gamercase looked like crap and sounded like a vacuumcleaner:p. as you see ive got two fans from zalman. really good soundlevels and the cooling is all right. im also very sorry for the bad cable managing, i promise to improve it.

That's the first time I've looked at a case in while and said "Wow." out loud. Kudos.

Lol dont know what to say! :D

Here is a few more, I'll be adding water and its my first time so im starting small. Enjoy!

My d-tek db-1 pump is on the way
100_0232.jpg

100_0233.jpg

I'll be rigging this up to monitor and controll fans in the case and rad
100_0246.jpg

100_0240.jpg

This is a test fit nothing connected, im waiting for everything to get here first.
100_0248.jpg

Nice fit.
100_0251.jpg

Hay guys, PC-65b owner here with a few questions about getting this case down to the "whisper quiet" range :D

I've modified the case a little already:
- Picked up a hole saw and enlarged the top and rear fan holes to accommodate 120mm Yate Loon fans.
- Installed a BigTyphoon CPU cooler (changed out the 120mm fan on it for a Yate Loon).
- Installed a fanless Zalman northbridge cooler.
- Installed a VF-900 GPU cooler (removed the stock 80mm fan and zip-tied a 120mm Yate Loon on instead).
- Swapped out my old PSU for one with a low-speed 120mm fan.
- Front 80mm intake fans set to lowest speed on built-in controller.
- Installed a fan controller and put all other fans to around half speed (more or less, depending on the components cooling needs).
- Placed stick-on foam padding between the hard disk cage and where it mounts to the floor of the case.
- Flipped around the top exhaust and made it an intake fan (the system had some serious negative pressure going-on with only two 80mm fans feeding three 120mm exhausts)

The computer is MUCH quieter now...but I'm wondering if there's anything I missed? I've heard good things about the Antec P180 noise-wise, but I would rather try out a few more mods before completely changing cases. The 80mm fans and hard disks are pretty much the loudest things in the case. I can't cut out a 120mm fan hole to replace the 80mm fans because there isn't enough room (The fan would run into the last external 3 1/2 drive bay), and there isn't much you can do about hard disks without having them run considerably hotter...

As a side note, who's the dumb-ass designer who thought putting hards disks at the front of the case was a good idea? I would have flipped around the layout of the entire bottom chamber of the P180 and run an extension cable to the now front-mounted PSU A layout like that would put one of the noisiest of all PC components as far away from the user as possible...

Looks like with the roll-back my entry was removed...time to repost!

592532888_3b1e53454a_b.jpg

592532992_8bf484a77e_b.jpg

592532762_3d1c60f4f4_b.jpg

592533128_4964b87d9c_b.jpg

- (soon to be) Core 2 Quad Q6600 CPU
- 4GB DDR2-1066 OCZ EPP RAM
- eVGA 680i SLi motherboard
- Thermaltake ToughPower 850W PSU
- DVD-Burner (Serial ATA)
- DVD-ROM (Serial ATA)
- Memory card reader/floppy combo drive
- Audigy 2 ZS sound card (not yet installed...from old computer)
- Geforce 7800GT (not yet installed...from old computer)

Thanks!

Once I get the hard drives and video card in there, the loose cables should be all zip tied together and out of the way.

Back