The Lian Li Gallery

Daggah said:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/dgevert/DSC00634.jpg
One of these days I'll get around to taking my system apart and cutting a hole for a second 80mm exhaust fan in the back, along with cutting some holes in the motherboard tray for a little bit better wire management.

A second 80mm below that would be perfect for that zalman CPU cooler, I think that's a good plan. I have the same case and would like to do these same cuts.

hey all, gonna have an adition to the gallery on sunday or monday, whenever i get it built, but for now a few quick questions for the masters :p

the case (my friends, im building it all up, DoomRulz on the forum) has a huge dent right above the optical drive because UPS are bastards... was wondering if you know of a good way to fix the dent :)

PC004-1.jpg

Ouch.

Call up UPS and start bitching about it. That's the easiest way, short of an expensive replacement, re-painting to match it, and shipping for all that.

WOW!! that would take some seriously poor package handling to do that much damage. those cases are packed very well. i'd be calling UPS and doing a great deal of bitching. :mad:

well he doesnt want a full replacement, just some reimbursement and a new bezel :p and me going there twice wouldnt be a great idea (i have all of 6 days to get everything nice and happy...)

a rubber mallet and a block of wood or plastic would straighten the crease UPS left you with. painting the scratches may be a touchy subject, tho.

ok, this is probably the last mod i do to the interior unless i come up with a better way to mount the mesh panels. i used an ac ryan meshx panel from PPCs and crafted two panels to cover the psu and add sections. they're currently mounted using 4 round head M3 screws because the OEM lian-li thumbscrews are too short. i'm searching for some longer M3 sized chrome or black thumbscrews now. the next mods will be to add carrying handles and a Plus II sidepanel and fan, which I'll redirect to be blowing into the case instead of out of.

Mesh1.jpg

Mesh2.jpg

0mega said:
hey all, gonna have an adition to the gallery on sunday or monday, whenever i get it built, but for now a few quick questions for the masters :p

the case (my friends, im building it all up, DoomRulz on the forum) has a huge dent right above the optical drive because UPS are bastards... was wondering if you know of a good way to fix the dent :)

PC004-1.jpg

ouch. well file a claim get money for a new case

other wise you could use a rubber hammer/mallet to hit it from the inside bend it back get some spray paint for that area mask it off around and just touch it up

or use some kinda rubber tiped or pad some pliers to bend things back into shape .

also the top looks like it might be bent up a bit. does everything still line up okay?

good luck

Pas said:
ok, this is probably the last mod i do to the interior unless i come up with a better way to mount the mesh panels. i used an ac ryan meshx panel from PPCs and crafted two panels to cover the psu and add sections. they're currently mounted using 4 round head M3 screws because the OEM lian-li thumbscrews are too short. i'm searching for some longer M3 sized chrome or black thumbscrews now. the next mods will be to add carrying handles and a Plus II sidepanel and fan, which I'll redirect to be blowing into the case instead of out of.

That looks great!

applejacks said:

other wise you could use a rubber hammer/mallet to hit it from the inside bend it back get some spray paint for that area mask it off around and just touch it up

or use some kinda rubber tiped or bad some pliers to bend things back into shape .

also the top looks like it might be bent up a bit. does everything still line up okay?

good luck

wont do him any good unless he had it insured.. hope he did gl bud

apparently everything is lined up fine, but yea.. it definetly needs to be bent... hopefully he has something useful there...

and yes, it was insured completely by performance PC's :p

Bbq said:
They're already out. Try IT-Trade in Europe (shipping kills).

I've thought about WCing my 7950GX2 but the PC65 is a very cramped case...I'm not sure where I'd put all the water cooling parts. The radiator especially is a concern. It would also be my first time WCing.

Pas said:
I'm searching for some longer M3 sized chrome or black thumbscrews now. the next mods will be to add carrying handles and a Plus II sidepanel and fan, which I'll redirect to be blowing into the case instead of out of.
I have a V1000 Plus II. I switched the fans so the bottom is exhaust and top is intake. And it actually worked better the original way. The cold air blowing in on the cpu helped cool it, and that whole hot air rises thing.

0mega..I would file a claim asap..take pictures..and let them know how upset i am at there service and the handling of my package..UPS does work with you to get things right..I'd go that route..for sure :cool:

Pas said:

Mesh1.jpg

Mesh2.jpg

I love that modd you did to the side...it would have been nice to make it one piece....what do you think ??

Darkside said:
0mega..I would file a claim asap..take pictures..and let them know how upset i am at there service and the handling of my package..UPS does work with you to get things right..I'd go that route..for sure :cool:
A) its my friends not mine... you might have missed that bit :p
B) he doesnt want to wait for a replacement.. i dont blame him really...

darkside, thanks again for the kind comments. as for a one-piece panel, i have one made from plexiglass and i think the two-piece setup is better. i can now expose either side or both sides, depending on what i am working on. also, the ac ryan meshx panel is not large enough to cut a one piece panel. i'm going to have to go with thumbscrews that are not Lian-Li type, i think. i can't find any M3 sized thumbscrews with a longer threaded area than the OEM Lian-li screws. somehow, i'll get this rascal so that i won't need any special tooling to remove/install the panels. a trip to Lowes/Home Depot/Menard's is in order for the weekend.

applejacks said:

or use some kinda rubber tiped or pad some pliers to bend things back into shape .

good luck
You HAVE to file a claim for that kind of delivery. I would have chased down the UPS man and broke his nose. I think the dent has too much of a crease for it to ever look right again. Ask LevellOrd what he thinks you could do.

sdk said:
I have some old pictures posted somewhere in this thread, but I figgured I'd post some more pictures in this thread. I was gonna get some bezels and stealth the drivers, but I was lazy and they were out of stock of the LL ones, so I bought the LIS2 VFD which is nice, to bad I can't get the internal USB cable working...

Any questions or comments let me hear them.

case8x6ji5.jpg

full8x6th3.jpg

inside8x6yq2.jpg

Great looking case. Wiring is as clean as a whistle. Nice job. Is your blowhole in use?

Boyo said:
You HAVE to file a claim for that kind of delivery. I would have chased down the UPS man and broke his nose. I think the dent has too much of a crease for it to ever look right again. Ask LevellOrd what he thinks you could do.
he already did but doesnt want to wait for a new case :p so hes just taking a bit of a refound from UPS and the cost of a new bezel for the drive :p (they slaughtered it...)

Got everythign built up, and in person, the damage isnt nearly as bad looking 0_0 the paint doesnt look scratched at all.. i think it was just the camera being decieving... and the bezel still fits :D

Ryle said:
20a3nl5.jpg

20a3nsk.jpg

Very simple. Im not one to mod much. Specs in sig.

You got your 3.5bay out...how did you keep the 3.5bays in? i wanted to do that but i'm not clever enough!

L1ght where are the updates! I wanna build a v600 build much like yours. I was thinking of a 240 rad mounted sideways, where the 120mm fan exhaust is, but you're 360 top mounting is amazing. I wanna see your final product so I can get some direction for mine.

crazjayz said:
L1ght where are the updates! I wanna build a v600 build much like yours. I was thinking of a 240 rad mounted sideways, where the 120mm fan exhaust is, but you're 360 top mounting is amazing. I wanna see your final product so I can get some direction for mine.

if he was going to put a rad in there he might of just realized theres no room

unless its just for fans even in a v1000 series mounting a rad inside with fans you really loose room i thin kit comes close to bigger video cards as well

its a nice case none the less i want to pick up one myself

MOZZ said:
if he was going to put a rad in there he might of just realized theres no room

unless its just for fans even in a v1000 series mounting a rad inside with fans you really loose room i thin kit comes close to bigger video cards as well

its a nice case none the less i want to pick up one myself

Why would it be a problem? If he's using a Stealth GT 360 it shouldn't be that bad. He'll lose the first drive bay and PCI slot on the mobo, that's all.

few pics of my case today. got fans and stuff in the way of my scweet cable management. oh well. its summer and im clockin! pics were taken right before i took out my storm, cleaned it and put it back in with new metal barbs.

r3vo_lili_0806%20003.jpg

-
r3vo_lili_0806%20006.jpg

-
r3vo_lili_0806%20015.jpg

-
r3vo_lili_0806%20017.jpg

Darkside said:
el rolio...system looks tight..How much memory up got in that puppy :D

2 gigs of ocz gold. i just happened to have 2 sets. used to run em 2-2-2 @ 250mhz so SUPER fast. now since i got all 4 slots and cuz i want less heat in the case i backed em off, tossed in the extra ram to give the machine some extended life till next year :D

sdk said:
Thanks Darkside. The main thing to help with the wiring on the PC65's is to cut a hole about 3 x 2'' on the wall next to the PSU. This lets you throw all your PSU wires behind their and lets you organized them behind your motherboard tray.

Its great and I think I was one of the first to do it!

could someone please elaborate on where to cut this hole? thx :)

Posted a while back... New PS and an X-FI added.

AMD 3700...Zalman cooled
X850XT PE...Zalman cooled
Abit AV8
1Gig DDR 400
2 Aerocool Turbine 1000s
2 160 Gig WD Caviars
and a couple cold cathodes

photo0018ny8.jpg

photo0019wp9.jpg

photo0020rz5.jpg

photo0021qb5.jpg

CUP O' NOODLES