The Lian Li Gallery

CrimandEvil said:
You think you could make that second pic any larger? With how washed out it is I can't exactly tell what the pic is of. ;)

who me? its the case, my carpet, the 2 black strip thingies that were around the box the case came in, and the needed [H] foot shot :p

Hey all you guys with V1200's (plus) How long are your SATA and IDE cables?? HDD, and Optical Drive. (also....can you still close the case if you dont have a right angled sata cable or do you need the 90degree ones?) I have 2 IDE Drives, 2 Sata HDD, and 1 Sata DVDWriter
What would you guys recommend for lengths on all the drives? I'll be routing and hiding cables, so the longer the better; im just wondering what all you guys are using?

I'm buying one from performance-pcs on next thursday ^_^

TheSandman2236 said:
Hey all you guys with V1200's (plus) How long are your SATA and IDE cables?? HDD, and Optical Drive. (also....can you still close the case if you dont have a right angled sata cable or do you need the 90degree ones?) I have 2 IDE Drives, 2 Sata HDD, and 1 Sata DVDWriter
What would you guys recommend for lengths on all the drives? I'll be routing and hiding cables, so the longer the better; im just wondering what all you guys are using?

Arg, I hate not being able to help out with stuff like this, cus if I had the cash I'd probly already have a couple other LiLi's...hopefully you get help from someone.

Renswic said:
who me? its the case, my carpet, the 2 black strip thingies that were around the box the case came in, and the needed [H] foot shot :p

Looks like you should've spent the $200 on a new camera to me.

dscn10273tv.jpg

Renswic said:
*shrug* works for what i need it for, why repalce it?

Works for taking washed out pictures of your feet? Photos are memories of your lifetime preserved. A computer case is a computer case.

TheSandman2236 said:

I'm buying one from performance-pcs on next thursday ^_^

I have a PC-V1000, but the cases are pretty much the same, yours will just be taller. I used an 18" IDE cable, su you'll want 24" cables to reach the bottom of the HDD rack if need be, same for SATA cables. You don't need 90 degree SATA cables, there's plenty of room on the door side for your connectors, power connectors, etc. If you want to mount your HDDs backwards to make it look good, the molex connector is still longer than a SATA connector, so you still don't need 90 degree connections.

alright thanks aburgard; i was curious cause the way the mobo is mounted; i was worried about the location of the sata ports. The IDE's arent that big of problem, but with the sata im sure it would be hassle. 24inches is enough? Have any pictures of how you have yours routed? thanks man! ::mounting from the rear, the rear panel off::

Stellar said:
Works for taking washed out pictures of your feet? Photos are memories of your lifetime preserved. A computer case is a computer case.

*shrug* whatever, must suck thou, only highlights of your life being pointless flames

lets take a look at hte thread title "The Lian Li Gallery" key words being Lian Li and Gallery, those are to only pics i have atm so i posted them

TheSandman2236 said:
Have any pictures of how you have yours routed?

Yes, but I'm using a Drive-A-Way so my setup isn't anything like yours. There should be lots of images in this thread though.

Renswic said:
*shrug* whatever, must suck thou, only highlights of your life being pointless flames

lets take a look at hte thread title "The Lian Li Gallery" key words being Lian Li and Gallery, those are to only pics i have atm so i posted them

It's not flames, it's an honest suggestion. You'll get far more satisfaction out of a good camera than that case.

I like how you managed to insult my lifestyle though.

Stellar said:
I like how you managed to insult my lifestyle though.

i have my moments :p

as for the cam, its more user error then anything :p i was excited when i took pics of this :) this is my first real computer build so ive been buying computer parts that ive always wanted, to say i was gitty when i saw the box waiting for me would be an understatment

I have a question for the V1000 owners, is the floppy drive bezel removeable - for example if I wanted to install a 3.5" internal card reader in the converter instead?

I was curious...do any of you guys have a v1000 and v1200? 'both' So you can stand them side by side and show the size differences? Performance-pcs.com has them both at the same exact price pretty much. I was curious if anyone had both so i could see a side-by-side comparison...Or what do you guys recommend?? v1000...or v1200(Plus)?

Stellar said:
I have a question for the V1000 owners, is the floppy drive bezel removeable - for example if I wanted to install a 3.5" internal card reader in the converter instead?

yes its removeable, and its one of the rare few annoying things to this case, come on wtf is a floppy drive :p

TheSandman2236 said:
I was curious...do any of you guys have a v1000 and v1200? 'both' So you can stand them side by side and show the size differences? Performance-pcs.com has them both at the same exact price pretty much. I was curious if anyone had both so i could see a side-by-side comparison...Or what do you guys recommend?? v1000...or v1200(Plus)?

i only have the v1000 bit i took a look on newegg and it seems that the v1200 is 4 inches longer

Yes my sexy pc-7b finally done :D
so first it was this
dough.jpg

and then
P3230032.jpg

and in the end
IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

enjoy

aburgard said:
I love seeing a 3 GHz CPU with a 7900GT. Seems so lopsided.

Nice setup, I agree.

how is it lopsided? heh? oh wait, are we talkin a 3ghz intel or amd? if its intel then maybe its a tad gfx card lopsided, if its amd then its just about right, no cpu limitations here!

i2ice, nice spending spree you went on...

Where did you get your PC-7B...I'm looking for the exact same case for the next rig I've got on the way at the end of the week, and I can't find many E-Tailers that carry it...let alone places that ship to Canada. :(

i got mine at crazypc

7b

though i got the Aluminum verision.

Its in stock, and I beleive they ship to Canada becuase they are based in mike Michigan i think.

Heres my 7b case

my worklog

best case i ever owned.

bradyapba said:
i got mine at crazypc

7b

though i got the Aluminum verision.

Its in stock, and I beleive they ship to Canada becuase they are based in mike Michigan i think.

Heres my 7b case

my worklog

best case i ever owned.

Awsome, I'll check them out...cus the only canadian companies I've found just had the Plus model in stock that does not have the rear 120mm fan...and I want the second 120mm fan to setup a completely internal h2O loop in the future.

it was http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=127&products_id=674
came in this box
IMG_0111.jpg

also
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=127&products_id=3481
IMG_0112.jpg

not sure if it really helped out but price was not too bad and yea i think some what helped dont expect much though eliminate other noise makiners before going to this, fans, noisey psu's, etc. also hdd is a big one for vibrations.

oh and to show off my sexy camera new shipped from newegg of course, the reason i couldnt make a work log was didnt have one of these and the first pictures was from a friends sheitty one so blah, any how

IMG_0113.jpg

very awsome and what i;ve been takign puictures with

/\ that is an awsome case, and beatiful resavoir (sp) also my lian li pc-7b was also purchased from performance pcs
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104&products_id=2709
only 89 now i got it for 109.00 rawr!!

Yeah I got my PC-7B from them as well. Excellent service, they even informed me that the 120mm blowhole mod I ordered wouldn't fit and helped me find a solution. They put in a Radgrill and now mine has 3 120's for ventilation :cool: I need to get a window for mine soon, I didn't want one when I first got it but the insides are just too good looking to ignore. All I need's my camera...

EDIT: I also found this great example of watercooling with the 7B over here

scrawnypaleguy said:
Yeah I got my PC-7B from them as well. Excellent service, they even informed me that the 120mm blowhole mod I ordered wouldn't fit and helped me find a solution. They put in a Radgrill and now mine has 3 120's for ventilation :cool: I need to get a window for mine soon, I didn't want one when I first got it but the insides are just too good looking to ignore. All I need's my camera...

EDIT: I also found this great example of watercooling with the 7B over here

Thx for thank link bro...gives me some ideas...but I'm actually trying out some ideas (on paper) for a setup in a PC-6077.

I won't post any idea's or questions here, as it'd be offtopic, but I'll go post something in the watercooling forum.

ikan_semilang said:
Any idea how to put parts inside casing Lian-Li without finger prints? Need using glove? :rolleyes:

Actually, yes. I use powder-free Latex gloves to work on my PC. They also provide better grip.

Stellar said:
It's a metal protectant / rust inhibiter, why wouldn't it?

Well I've never thought of using it like that before since it comes out grey when you spray it. It rubs off then? I might have to try this and get that 'like new' finish back on my pc-7.

I think I'd end up making use of Latex gloves instead. Weather I went with the autobody gloss black/clear coat paint job or the powder coat, both of them are gonna show fingerprints like mad...so I'll have to do something.

Some nice suggestions here, just need some more pics now. ;)

Back