The Lian Li Gallery

monopixel said:
Thanks!

This is just a part of lian-li's pure parts :D . Probably it called EX-34 or something.
http://www.lian-li.com/Product/Accessories/HDD_Kits.htm

It is cooler and dustier.

its pretty awesome none the less. i always try to get the Lili parts first (i have 2 cd rom bezels) but i didnt realise the EX-stuff was usable without that UGLY front grille.

and for that matter i wish they would release the perfed drive bay covers in silver! ARGH!

infini said:
Man I love this, and will paint mine black most likely if I can find the time to do it. I have seen one guy did this in a flat black. I almost blew a fuse looking at it.

Check it out! http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=771137&page=1

It REALLY sux that I can't get at any of my pics of my old Lian-Li PC60...I took it in and got the interior and exterior of the chasis powder coated a flat black. flat4's rendition of the same project is nice, but he didn't paint the exterior, and it looks uneven to me.

I really loved the finish I got from the powder coat, but the problem is that the paintjob was so thick that pretty much any piece that had to fit into anything else in the case was a fricken hassle to get into place...screw holes shrunk, and notches for case panels were a lot smaller. The powerder coating only cost me like $60 CDN, but I don't think I'd do it again...when I pickup my Lian-Li PC-6077 after xmas I'm getting all the cutting finished, and then taking it into an autobody shop to have it done in a high gloss black finish, a friend of mine did the same with a full tower of his (in blue) and everything still fits like new...I can't wait to show you my (future) baby. :D

cornelious0_0 said:
It REALLY sux that I can't get at any of my pics of my old Lian-Li PC60...I took it in and got the interior and exterior of the chasis powder coated a flat black. flat4's rendition of the same project is nice, but he didn't paint the exterior, and it looks uneven to me.

I really loved the finish I got from the powder coat, but the problem is that the paintjob was so thick that pretty much any piece that had to fit into anything else in the case was a fricken hassle to get into place...screw holes shrunk, and notches for case panels were a lot smaller. The powerder coating only cost me like $60 CDN, but I don't think I'd do it again...when I pickup my Lian-Li PC-6077 after xmas I'm getting all the cutting finished, and then taking it into an autobody shop to have it done in a high gloss black finish, a friend of mine did the same with a full tower of his (in blue) and everything still fits like new...I can't wait to show you my (future) baby. :D
enjoy that case, I have it for my LAN rig right now and its amazing.

~GoaT~ said:
enjoy that case, I have it for my LAN rig right now and its amazing.

The PC-6077...got any pics of it?

I've read reviews, know the specs, blah blah blah...but I always like seeing people systems installed in the case I'm reading up on and planning to buy...PM me with any pics you can.

cornelious0_0 said:
The PC-6077...got any pics of it?

I've read reviews, know the specs, blah blah blah...but I always like seeing people systems installed in the case I'm reading up on and planning to buy...PM me with any pics you can.

pm you??? f*ck that, POST THEM HERE! i wanna see too and its OH SO on-topic

el rolio said:
pm you??? f*ck that, POST THEM HERE! i wanna see too and its OH SO on-topic

Fair enough, I guess I kinda expect people to just post them up...but the PM is easy to reference to for pics instead of trying to remember what page of the thread it was posted on...just 'cus I'm lazy. :p

I wish there was something I could do to bring more people to the thread with pics....but there are only so many [H]'ers out there left with LiLi's that haven't already posted their's up. ;)

CrimandEvil said:
I'm using a couple of LL parts in my case, does that count? :D

I don't THINK so...but I suppose the thread title doesn't say "The Lian Li CASE Gallery"...so go right ahead...just be sure to point out the parts for those around here who're maybe wondering what's going on. :p

LOL, the bare case frame is from one of those Skyhawk cases that looks like a Lian Li case, I'm replacing a few things in it with Li-Li parts as well as adding a few.

CrimandEvil said:
LOL, the bare case frame is from one of those Skyhawk cases that looks like a Lian Li case, I'm replacing a few things in it with Li-Li parts as well as adding a few.

Then bring it on...I know the cases you're talking about, and it'd be kinda cool to see what you did with it.

Well currently this is all I have right now.
img13692yw.jpg

I've cut the 5.25 bay from the case and moved it down alittle so I can place a LI-LI EX23 rack in there (currently in the shipping). I need to order a Li-Li mobo tray as well as a Li-Li front bezel for modding. It's suppose to be flipped ATX with the tray attached to the side panel (it's a panel from a Li-Li 6x series) so that it folds down. I need to get another I need to get another Drive bezel to take apart and use.

CrimandEvil said:
I've cut the 5.25 bay from the case and moved it down alittle so I can place a LI-LI EX23 rack in there (currently in the shipping). I need to order a Li-Li mobo tray as well as a Li-Li front bezel for modding. It's suppose to be flipped ATX with the tray attached to the side panel (it's a panel from a Li-Li 6x series) so that it folds down. I need to get another I need to get another Drive bezel to take apart and use.

Not to shabby...just looks really hacked up in that pic...but it'll be nice to see how things turn out for ya. :cool:

I don't have a digi cam right now, although I am planning on getting one day after xmas.

~GoaT~ said:
I don't have a digi cam right now, although I am planning on getting one day after xmas.

Sounds like a plan...I still need one, but not DESperately...and the lack of money is kinda holding me back. :(

Neutrino said:
well i just got my V1000 to replace my old TT armor and here it is:

Definitely a nice upgrade...hope you're happy with your LiLi, it's an awsome chasis. I like them myself, but it's still too rounded for my taste, and I prefer to always have my case on my right side on the desk, and don't care too much for the flipped mobo/having the right panel to view through. Just personal preference though, the case itself still rocks. :cool:

cornelious0_0 said:
Definitely a nice upgrade...hope you're happy with your LiLi, it's an awsome chasis. I like them myself, but it's still too rounded for my taste, and I prefer to always have my case on my right side on the desk, and don't care too much for the flipped mobo/having the right panel to view through. Just personal preference though, the case itself still rocks. :cool:

This case its perfect for me, I needed something smaller and lighter than that armor monster since i take the comp all the time with me at LAN parties and such.

i was worried that it would be too small since this is my first midtower case in a long time (i generally prefer large spacious cases). But this case is so well designed that I never felt the need for extra space.

My only complaint with it is: i would like an extra 1/2 inch of space in the back to make more room for routing wires. because of the lack of space i was forced to route the 24 pin power cable thorugh the front where is very visible.

Neutrino said:
My only complaint with it is: i would like an extra 1/2 inch of space in the back to make more room for routing wires. because of the lack of space i was forced to route the 24 pin power cable thorugh the front where is very visible.

That's one of the design points I don't care for a whole lot...can't wait to be able to pickup my PC-6077 and get to work. :D

cornelious0_0 said:
Sounds like a plan...I still need one, but not DESperately...and the lack of money is kinda holding me back. :(
digital cameras aren't high on the priority list for a student living on their own, so I think if there's a good enough sale I'll pick one up..

Neutrino said:
well i just got my V1000 to replace my old TT armor and here it is:

nice rig u you got there, is it quiet or does it make a lot of noise?

~GoaT~ said:
digital cameras aren't high on the priority list for a student living on their own, so I think if there's a good enough sale I'll pick one up..

Digital cameras aren't high on the priority list for a guy in the middle of jobs who just moved out on their own a few months ago for the first time either. :(

aldy402 said:
nice rig u you got there, is it quiet or does it make a lot of noise?

To be quite honest its not as quiet as i was hoping ,it does make a bit more noise than the TT. i can oly see 3 potential resons for that: lighter AL panels, perforated case or noisier fans (perhaps I'll get some panaflow or some other quiet brand).

Neutrino said:

To be quite honest its not as quiet as i was hoping ,it does make a bit more noise than the TT. i can oly see 3 potential resons for that: lighter AL panels, perforated case or noisier fans (perhaps I'll get some panaflow or some other quiet brand).

I could easily be a combination of all three, the lighter panels in combination with the fact that they're basically full of holes is going to let a lot more noise escape then a steel full tower would. Nothing big, just gotta compensate with some quieter fans.

cornelious0_0 said:
I could easily be a combination of all three, the lighter panels in combination with the fact that they're basically full of holes is going to let a lot more noise escape then a steel full tower would. Nothing big, just gotta compensate with some quieter fans.

For now i guess i'll live with the noise, but prpbably sometime if I'll get bored or fed up up with the buzz I'll change the fans.

One thing i must say is that I'm very impresed with its cooling abilities. Without a fan blowing in the direction of the mobo i was afraid of not getting enough air to the chipset and video card, but so far I'm getting great temps, perhaps even better than with the armor.

Neutrino said:
For now i guess i'll live with the noise, but prpbably sometime if I'll get bored or fed up up with the buzz I'll change the fans.

One thing i must say is that I'm very impresed with its cooling abilities. Without a fan blowing in the direction of the mobo i was afraid of not getting enough air to the chipset and video card, but so far I'm getting great temps, perhaps even better than with the armor.

Which is something that NUMerous current Lian-Li V1000 owners would have told you in advance. Glad to here that you're happy with your LiLi. :cool:

I would definately not spend more money on a desk than on the computer itself. What a waste. Good ol' $100 Staples desk is fine.

Mixman said:
Anybody with a V1100, how are your temps ?

I think the general consensus is that most people do pretty well with those things. I would have one myself...but the fact that the mobo is upside down and on the other side of the mobo tray is keeping me away from it.

Intel_Inside said:
I would definately not spend more money on a desk than on the computer itself. What a waste. Good ol' $100 Staples desk is fine.
Its obviously not a waste for people who have money. And tbh I think the front inputs on the desk are VERY convenient.

paintb4707 said:
Its obviously not a waste for people who have money. And tbh I think the front inputs on the desk are VERY convenient.

Agreed, I wouldn't settle for a $100 staples desk anyday...but I can't say I'd be comfortable with spending that kind of money on that Lian-Li desk..no matter HOW cool it is. :p

Ah well, to each their own.

Back