The Lian Li Gallery

thisisglen said:
I also recon that H2O cooling is an easy way to hide cables because everyone just looks at the usually uv lit water tubes which can be used to hide the cables pretty well, so i'd say that's equally as *cheating as having no molex on the actual video cards. I will probably be going water cooling soon too, so i'm not paying you guys out or anything ;)

I wouldn't really call watercooling cheating....sure it draws the eyes....but you can still have a 100% cleanly wired case with h2O.....that's what I did.....and yeah the attention went to the tubing...but if you look, there's still now wires running amuk. ;)

Finally got the mods I have been wanting. Check out my style. =)

DSC00169.jpg

DSC00168.jpg

DSC00156.jpg

DSC00155.jpg

DSC00138.jpg

DSC00160.jpg

DSC00153.jpg

Every single fan is blue led'd out except the psu and I am going to get a lazer led kit for that eventually. Now no matter what you say cornyelius I know that my machine has earned its name.

>WP< $lipKnot said:
Now no matter what you say cornyelius I know that my machine has earned its name.

first off, that's the weirdest spelling of my name I've ever seen. :p

Secondly, yes....your rig has earned its stripes....the wiring could use some work....but i really like the ice blue look of it now. :)

Hehe, not bad....but you REALLY need a longer sata cable. :p

I'm so happy!!!!!

I GET MY CASE TOMORROW!!!!! :D :D :D

n64man120 said:
^^^^^^^^ Hoooorrayyyyy!

No kidding.....the wiring is gonna be kinda shitty cus of this NF7-S I'm running.....but the main thing THIS time around will just be unveiling my baby. :D :cool:

DarkMonkey said:
SICK! I've been following your case for months, it'll rock to see it come to a completion.

Well, it wont really be coming into completion for awhile yet.....but getting close, so stay stuned. ;)

HOLY CRAP GUYS!!!!!

Got the case home and have the comp installed in it.......I'm fricken blown away.....this is just fricken amazing. :D :D :D

I'll try and get pics as soon as I can....but for now I'm gonna be sitting here marvelling at this work of art. :cool:

Well you guys....the pics ARE complete crap....no disputing that, but this is all I can offer you until I get a friend to come over with an actual cam. ;)

case11ob.jpg
case24gj.jpg

case37se.jpg

So yeah, obviously the pics do the case NO justice...but this paint job kicks some seious ass.....and the funny thing is that the flat black powder coat matches my cd burner PERFECTLY and I might not even stealth it or use my bay cover that I have. ;) Naw, I probly will use it....I just thought it was funny how it matches so well.

That's it for now...I'll get some better pics when I can, but I figured that since I found a program to use I'd at least give you guys SOMEthing. ;)

You know what? I think you need to lay off of the "I'm getting a totally awesome video card again" and just buy a good digicam instead, new cards are just around the corner anyways. ;)

Until then I can't wait for your friend to get there.

CrimandEvil said:
You know what? I think you need to lay off of the "I'm getting a totally awesome video card again" and just buy a good digicam instead, new cards are just around the corner anyways. ;)

Until then I can't wait for your friend to get there.

Good call, I'm REALLY tempted to get a nice digicam with my GST rebate sometime this spring......as even after I get my s939 up and running with the DFI nF4....I'm just gonna pick up an X300....cus I AM waiting for the r520 before I drop any big cash on another card.

Ok this is one of three computers i built for recent customers of mine. Its missing a 6800 and is on the way back, so it was watercooled SLI before the other card died. Also missing is the aquaero which also died ( X 2 ) and was sent to aquacomputer but now is lost somewhere in germany. The video cards are cooled by a single loop eheim 1048 with a HTF-3 Triple X rad and aquatube res. Second loop is cooled by a Rogge mod 86 chevette heater core with plug and cool fittings and cooling works shroud. Paint was done by me using Blue metallic effect that was used on some guys low rider, pics give no justice to the piant but under light looks incredible. As soon as the RMA parts come back this case will also be for sale so keep a look out.

b.jpg

a.jpg

More pics here
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=881561

AthlonXP said:
man i envy all your cases, looks like I am going to drop some cash onto a v1000 how much does it help with overall temps and how loud are the fans that come with it??

I have a v1000, It's really quiet with the parts in my sig, and I'm using stock fans too. The case stays really cool, And it looks really nice. I have the black one. Pictures don't do justice. It looks better than the case that It was made to look like. The G5 case.

My PC65 in its current state:

lianliwiring1sr.jpg

lianliinlight2qd.jpg

Power LED doesn't work properly; both front LEDs are being replaced with blue LEDs. Also, since that picture was taken, I have sleeved the fan extension cable going to the rear exhaust fan and also the two optical drive power cables. And after I did that, I finally figured out what I was doing wrong while creating my own male to male molex passthrough cables, and now I have Ultra X-Connect cables supplying power to the optical drives (I had a X-Connect that blew on me and took out my motherboard...now I'm using Enermax) I like the cables though...the theme now meshes better between the heatsink fan wire that you can see, the cable to the video card, the optical drive cables, and the ATX cable.

I'm also waiting on some 4" cold cathodes. The 12" CCFLs that came with the Vantec fan/light controller are too big to mount in the places I want to mount them, so I have them in temporary locations.

No pictures of the case all lighted up because my friend's digital camera takes pictures in the dark horribly. :(

Yes, I am sure. I tested with an LED from my old case just to verify that it wasn't the motherboard header as well. The LED is dead.

well guys, still no update on teh case, I'm honestly not really spending a lot of time with my comp right now. I still wanna get to where I wanna be with it with my mods and the rig itself, but I've had something/one else keeping me "occupied" for the last 5 weeks....new gf. I'm gonna have to replan what I wanna try and get done when with the case and go from there and at least get some updated ETA's for you guys.

I am still alive though, no worries there. :)

its okay man... girl >>> computers, trust me. but yeah, thanks for keeping us posted, some of us were beginning to wonder where you had gone. ;)

MisterE

What kind of LCD Display is that on ur lian li case

Can i buy it online or is that coustum ?

I have made some decisions and changes to my plans for my case. I could order a new side panel and get some of the bezel cut and repainted.....but I think I'm just gonna start over. I've got some more cuts i wanna do, and now that the case is powder'd, it'd make a little bit of a mess to the paintjob...so I'm just gonna get a new case, get all the cuts done (more professionally this time) and get the mesh welded to the case first.....and then get everything powder coated at the very end.

This is going to extend the case's ETA a little more, but in the end it'll be lookin' so much nicer that I'm not concerned.

Just thought I'd letcha all know what's going on.....peace. :cool:

Well... you can always send me your case :D . I hope it works out for you but its a shame to see all your work go to waste like that.

-Lawler

Lawler said:
Well... you can always send me your case :D . I hope it works out for you but its a shame to see all your work go to waste like that.

-Lawler

I dont' really consider it going to waste....not only was the case a great learning experience...but it didn't cost me anything more then the $60 for the paintjob, and if I wouldn't have gone this far with this case, I probly wouldn't have decided on a couple things that have pushed me to order the new box.

I'm not sure what I'll do with this one quite yet, but I can hardly wait to get my hands on my PC-60B Plus and get to work. :cool:

Hopefully I can constantly have access to (or own) a digicam by the time I get the case so I can be taking some good worklog pics along the way and have a proper series of pics by the time I'm done with Perfect Dark.

emptylian1.txt

emptylian2.txt

Had this Lian-li almost half a year and still empty.
frown.gif

I'm too poor to buy parts... I do have a 2.0A p4 proc waiting to put in. (That I got for free)
smile.gif

KoZLop put a line break between your pictures rather than putting them next to eachother!

Anyway, I was sort of excited to see that my Lian-Li V1000 got "SLI rig of the month" over at nvidia.com.. But, apparently I win a big fat nothing.. apart from maybe braging rights that'll impress some 14 year old nerds or something. So here I am braging to try and make myself feel better :) sorry about that.

Anyhow, here's some newer pictures of my case (since Nvidia don't bother to put even moderatly large images on their website):

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.jpg

4.JPG

5.jpg

Glen

Nice.....Best wiring job i've seen in a while. Do you have any closer shot of how you did the wiring? I'd like to see so I can make mine clean like that.

WP Slipknot, I think you should get Watercooling with blue UV dye. Then add another blue LED fan. Then you would be the blue monster.

nice job glen, i like the fold down side panel a lot. Corn you should wait to get a new case [unless you already bought one] and buy a decent camera :p

-Lawler

Back