The Lian Li Gallery

It'll be a little bit better fit after the few additions....but there are so many people with a few LED fans in their system that I'd think naming a system after something like that sort of hastey. ;)

man i envy all your cases, looks like I am going to drop some cash onto a v1000 how much does it help with overall temps and how loud are the fans that come with it??

AthlonXP said:
man i envy all your cases, looks like I am going to drop some cash onto a v1000 how much does it help with overall temps and how loud are the fans that come with it??

Honestly couldn't tell ya....hopefully someone can help you out though.

I hate to seem like the sig police....but bro, your's is also too long....the forum limit is 10 lines....and you're at 12.

>WP< $lipKnot said:
7000bled.jpg

I got that Zalman heatsink fan and I ain't that much impressed with it. The leds aren't that bright in real life.

David

just posted my rig on a separate thread, but here it is again.... Do you guys think I should change my panel cover? I think I might replace the Biohazard panel for the stock Lian Li one...
front.JPG

bioangle.JPG

angle.JPG

tubes2.JPG

rear.JPG

cable.JPG

closeup2.JPG

Nice cable job, did you put it in the rate my cables thread? i couldn't see it there yet! That radiator is in a really nice place for making neat cables.. but good job all around.

and on another note, i should have my plexi side panel etched today and hopefully will be able to put it together tomorrow.

thisisglen said:
and on another note, i should have my plexi side panel etched today and hopefully will be able to put it together tomorrow.

On another note....EazyM3, your pics are WAY to big......decent job so far, but pics could be shrunk slightly. ;)

So i just got home from work with my new case side. I have to screw it together so i'll probably get some better pictures later because i wasn't able to get it in the right light while trying to hold the parts on the side at the same time! It looks awesome (and a lot more white) in real life..

for now check this:

actual%20side.JPG

join doesn't look to bad though i'm trying to think of the best way to cover it / disguise it.. any suggestions are welcome..

picture under blue light:

lights.JPG

I hope to get either aqua cold cathode or blue and green so that i can make aqua to light things up. That blue neon is out of another case in my house.

Glen

Very nice Glen. For your cathode problem maybe a few 4" cathodes around the case hidden in some corner would give you a nice effect, Or a bunch of really bright LEDs would look nice as well. :D

Invicid said:
Very nice Glen. For your cathode problem maybe a few 4" cathodes around the case hidden in some corner would give you a nice effect, Or a bunch of really bright LEDs would look nice as well. :D

I agree, it does look truely bitchin'.....but I'd opt for installing two or three 4" ccfl's in corners where they're hidden from sight. As nice as the etching is.....its ruined by the fact that I can see the cathode. ;)

Of course you can see that neon :p i just sat the plexi in front of my sisters case to take that photo (notice the carpet that it's stading on behind it) Once i get it it my case i'll do much better lighting than that :) you can count on me; as i see it i have 2 options:

1. Aqua, by using 4 small (2 Green, 2 Blue) cathodes in hiden places as suggested, or

2. Put in 1 or 2 UV lights, as nothing in my case would really light up but the etching would glow a bright white, which would also look cool..

glen

thisisglen said:
1. Aqua, by using 4 small (2 Green, 2 Blue) cathodes in hiden places as suggested

That'll look MUCH nicer for the etching, and go well with the Nalu pic.....but four 4" cathodes is gonna be pretty fricken bright in your case, and it might wash out the pic slightly.

Yummy.....the stock case is kinda "bleh"....but the Vapo makes up for it. ;)

You don't have a sig, what kind specs/clocks are you sittin' on there bro?

EDIT: I see some monster BGA ramsinks on a blue PCB that I'm guessing is either a Sapphire XT of sorts, or an Asus/BFG 6800.....oh, and stealth that damn cdrom. :p

Yeah, it's pretty simple, but there's quite a bit of power in that case.

FX-55 @ 3200MHz, MSI K8N Neo2, Sapphire x800XT vmodded (650/601), water cooled with maze4, 2x512 G.skill, Audigy 2 ZS, 74GB Raptor, PCP&C 510. With all that power, no time to mod the case :p

Sucka said:
Yeah, it's pretty simple, but there's quite a bit of power in that case.

FX-55 @ 3200MHz, MSI K8N Neo2, Sapphire x800XT vmodded (650/601), water cooled with maze4, 2x512 G.skill, Audigy 2 ZS, 74GB Raptor, PCP&C 510. With all that power, no time to mod the case :p

How come I haven't seen you over at the [H]ardARC or [H]ardORB...or even the SuperPi challenge.....you'd rank up there. :)

cornelious0_0 said:
How come I haven't seen you over at the [H]ardARC or [H]ardORB...or even the SuperPi challenge.....you'd rank up there. :)

I'm only a lurker here, i post at "other forums" mainly ;)

Sucka said:
One of my 4 Lian Li's :p

mycomputer.jpg
arent those subs supposed to be 2feet away from pc's because of the powerful magnets in them? sorry i just dont want you to have some lil john wipe out your harddrive

Ballz2TheWallz said:
arent those subs supposed to be 2feet away from pc's because of the powerful magnets in them? sorry i just dont want you to have some lil john wipe out your harddrive

Hmmm.....maybe so? I'll move it over some, thanks.

It sounds funny but hard drives are impervious to data corruption from magnets near them. Someone else can back me up on this.

corebreach said:
It sounds funny but hard drives are impervious to data corruption from magnets near them. Someone else can back me up on this.
sorry but i know that the z5500's come with this warning in the box..best safe then sorry
z22.JPG

I dont mean t be an image leach or anything, But does anyone have a PC-60-89A? SInce Im getting that one soon.

THanks

Bro, don't worry about the sub...if anything I could see it warping or discoloring your monitor IF it was close enough....but your comp is fine.

god unfortanetly i had a 15watt harmon kardon 8in away from my crt, now its permantly damaged...it sat next to it for 4years and it just recently shows

Ballz2TheWallz said:
god unfortanetly i had a 15watt harmon kardon 8in away from my crt, now its permantly damaged...it sat next to it for 4years and it just recently shows

Monitors are ridiculously sensitive to magnets......it takes next to nothing to discolor them like that....the comp will be fine though.

cornelious0_0 said:
Monitors are ridiculously sensitive to magnets......it takes next to nothing to discolor them like that....the comp will be fine though.

HEHE, one of my Viewsonic 815PFBs has a nice little pink spot in the bottom left cornor....my klipsch setup...

I had to eventually drop runnign dual 22" CTRS because the pink drove me nuts

thisisglen said:
So i just got home from work with my new case side. I have to screw it together so i'll probably get some better pictures later because i wasn't able to get it in the right light while trying to hold the parts on the side at the same time! It looks awesome (and a lot more white) in real life..

for now check this:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/adamwimberley/other/actual%20side.JPG

join doesn't look to bad though i'm trying to think of the best way to cover it / disguise it.. any suggestions are welcome..

picture under blue light:

[IMG]http://members.optusnet.com.au/adamwimberley/other/lights.JPG

I hope to get either aqua cold cathode or blue and green so that i can make aqua to light things up. That blue neon is out of another case in my house.

Glen[/QUOTE]

Thats great!!!!! looks kewl....

But the 5950ultra Dawn was way hotter! I met he lovelyness in person at e3 2 years ago, let me find that pic

EazyM3 said:
just posted my rig on a separate thread, but here it is again.... Do you guys think I should change my panel cover? I think I might replace the Biohazard panel for the stock Lian Li one...

closeup2.JPG

I may put my RAD there aftewr seeing that... great spot..

But 2 questions...Why the hell did you even bother haveing that little RAD on the 80mm>? and where is the air flowing on the big RAD on bottem??

darkisz said:
Ramsinks will probably be in the next round of mods, but I'm actually getting slightly higher memory OC's with the sinks bare. When I check 'em with my organic temp probe (finger), no alarms go off ;)

Thanks, its attached with umm....friction :D . I just cut the piece to size vertically and about 4 inches long sideways. Then I pressed the sheet into the front panel frame and used an old clipboard and hammer to get it tight at the corner.

frictionmesh.jpg

Ok, where did you get that mesh??????I Must know...

I(illa Bee said:
Ok, where did you get that mesh??????I Must know...

Guess what, that's the exact same stuff I'm using on my LiLi.....in 4 different places.....'cept my mesh is gonna all be powder coated black to match my case. :D

Actually, does anyone have a v1000? Even though its expensive, I love the new Mobo design, Plus it seems like wires would be pretty easy to hide in there.

So, anyone have it? (Any canadians know where I can get one apart form Premier Computer Canada? ;) )

You can find my V1000 Here . They're not the easiest cases to wire, and the wires that come in it barely strech to where they have to reach (let alone with any slack for re-routing) But i have done it, so you could too.. most of the holes you see in my case aren't actually there though when you buy it.. you have to be willing to cut into it if you want really neat wires.

Glen.

thisisglen's case is clean, but when you only have 1 optical drive and 1 SATA HD, how hard can it be to hide the wiring?

PruBowl300 said:
thisisglen's case is clean, but when you only have 1 optical drive and 1 SATA HD, how hard can it be to hide the wiring?
that's what I was thinking and no power connections to the video card

if you want a little more action, wait until I wire my 5 hard drives, 2 optical drives, 6800 ultra, fan controller, H20 and RAID5 controller card all in a PC-7

all things considered, he did a very good job and made some nice, clean cuts

EnderW said:
that's what I was thinking and no power connections to the video card

if you want a little more action, wait until I wire my 5 hard drives, 2 optical drives, 6800 ultra, fan controller, H20 and RAID5 controller card all in a PC-7

all things considered, he did a very good job and made some nice, clean cuts

I agree, although I usually take the same approach....I've never had a loaded down case, probly would be a fun challenge anyways. :)

I agree with cornelious, it would be good for a challenge..

Just 2 notes (in defence of myself of course) :D :

1. I do have a molex conector for the video card, only it's on the middle of the motherboard not on the end of the card.. which is equally as challenging..

2. I could add as many expansion cards, and HDD drives as can fit without mucking up the wiring. but anyway.. I chose to go with what i need, and it works for me

I also recon that H2O cooling is an easy way to hide cables because everyone just looks at the usually uv lit water tubes which can be used to hide the cables pretty well, so i'd say that's equally as *cheating as having no molex on the actual video cards. I will probably be going water cooling soon too, so i'm not paying you guys out or anything ;)

glen

Sort of a random question but I'm looking at getting the Lian Li PC-7B and I was wondering if a Panaflo 120X38mm fan will fit in the front fan space? I know this case has spaces for two 120mm fans. I have one of the 120X38mm Panaflos already. I also have a 120mm Enermax clear fan. I would like my two my fans to match (anal like that. Which fan should I get to compliment the one I already have? The Panaflos are heavy!!! Anyone use them?

Back