The Lian Li Gallery

And the last one, a Q07 with i5-6500, an HTPC for the living room. A TV replacement operated by remote control, idles at 15W at the wall. It's tucked behind the screen so you can barely see it, only access is for the power button & USB3 ports. Just like the Q03 and Q11 above, it's a Linux machine for getting things done, so no bling, no plumbing, no overclocking, no gaming.

IMG_1590.JPG

IMG_1565.JPG

IMG_1548.JPG

Just my humble PC-Q38. I love Lian Li more than any other case manufacturer, they are the best in my opinion.

20171025_201415.jpg
20171025_201425.jpg
20171025_202107.jpg
20171025_202107.jpg

Attachments

• 20171025_201537.jpg
    20171025_201537.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 20171025_201559.jpg
    20171025_201559.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 20171025_201615.jpg
    20171025_201615.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 20171025_201643.jpg
    20171025_201643.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 20171025_201658.jpg
    20171025_201658.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 20171025_201955.jpg
    20171025_201955.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 20171025_202017.jpg
    20171025_202017.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 27
My new build with an old Lian Li Q07:

https://thumb.************/j6v25w/IMG_20171101_164514.jpg https://thumb.************/kvgydG/IMG_20171101_154644.jpg

here the specs:

Cpu: intel XEON 1275L v3
CPU COOLER: Corsair H55 + Noctua NF-F12 PWM
CASE FAN: Enermax T.B. Vegas 180mm
Motherboard: Asrock ITX H81
Ram: 2x4GB crucial DDR3
Hard disk: SSD Crucal MX100 256GB
PSU: FSP500-50FSPT
VGA: GAINWARD GTX 1070

Last edited:
hi guys
im from argentina,big fan of Lian Li cases
i have a saying that is like "once you have a lian li, you don´t go back to anything else"

i still remember the first lianli i saw when i was a kid, it has a PC60 case with the aquarium side panel. I fell in love for that pc case. Only saw it once, i wish i could find it again but its impossible here.
In my country lian li is not common, because they are the most expensive, limited quantity.

i have a A05AFN, that i modded a side panel with a CNC cut, and i ordered a laser cut acrilic with holes. ( i know lianli sells the side panel but again, here in argentina its impossible to get, so i modded it)

another thing i want to do is to cut and put some grommets for cable management, but again here i only find circle grommets and not the kind of the PC case grommets for power supply cables.

here are pictures

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

hi guys
im from argentina,big fan of Lian Li cases
i have a saying that is like "once you have a lian li, you don´t go back to anything else"

i still remember the first lianli i saw when i was a kid, it has a PC60 case with the aquarium side panel. I fell in love for that pc case. Only saw it once, i wish i could find it again but its impossible here.
In my country lian li is not common, because they are the most expensive, limited quantity.

i have a A05AFN, that i modded a side panel with a CNC cut, and i ordered a laser cut acrilic with holes. ( i know lianli sells the side panel but again, here in argentina its impossible to get, so i modded it)

another thing i want to do is to cut and put some grommets for cable management, but again here i only find circle grommets and not the kind of the PC case grommets for power supply cables.

here are pictures

Wow that is a really clean cut. I assume you had a laser or water jet to make the cut? Are you sure you didn't just buy one? :ROFLMAO:

Hi!,

i took the side panel to a person that had a cnc cutting machine huge very similar to this one http://productioncanada.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/CNC-Machine-1200x900.jpg
he did an amazing job, the machine took like 10 minutes to cut, did it in very small millimeter increments and he sent a lot of oil while it was cutting.

the result was amazing like it was done by lianli.

after that i used a permanent black marker on the edge to make it black.

The acrilic is also amazing because i took the diagram to a guy who does laser acrylic cuts and looks fantastic.

Before I post my new build I should post the old one that I just retired.

IMG_20191013_140937.jpg

Lian-Li PC-O5SX, with some minor mods. "Vandal resistant" red-LED power button. Cutout on mobo tray so the underside M.2 drive could have a heatsink on it:

IMG_20191017_183349.jpg

The 140mm fan on the back panel blew right on here, so my NVMe drive definitely stayed cool.

Power-plug connector and switch on the back like Lian-Li should've done in the first place:

IMG_20191027_085354.jpg

I thought having to feed a cable through a hole in the case was pretty stupid, so I bought this thing for like $2 and cut out the passthrough holes.

No, no O11 Dynamic. The new build is in a PC-O10, the last new one in North America it seemed. Made minor mods again: drilled a hole in the top-fans mounting plate, and enlarged the rectangular top opening somewhat, so that the fill port in the top-mounted EK Predator 240 is still accessible while it's mounted. Made it far, far easier to fill and bleed, and the O10's top cover plate hides it in normal usage.

IMG_20191110_153242.jpg

I think it looks best with white lighting, to match the black-and-white theme of the motherboard. But everything is plugged into the same RGB headers, so I can easily switch it to red for tradition's sake. After decades of doing red-and-black builds I can't just quit cold turkey.

IMG_20191110_153053.jpg

Everything except the Intel 905p that is. To change colors on that requires a command-line command, and it's RGB in a very literal sense—it can be red, or green, or blue, or off, and that's it.

No, no O11 Dynamic. The new build is in a PC-O10, the last new one in North America it seemed. Made minor mods again: drilled a hole in the top-fans mounting plate, and enlarged the rectangular top opening somewhat, so that the fill port in the top-mounted EK Predator 240 is still accessible while it's mounted. Made it far, far easier to fill and bleed, and the O10's top cover plate hides it in normal usage.

View attachment 198903

I think it looks best with white lighting, to match the black-and-white theme of the motherboard. But everything is plugged into the same RGB headers, so I can easily switch it to red for tradition's sake. After decades of doing red-and-black builds I can't just quit cold turkey.

View attachment 198905

Everything except the Intel 905p that is. To change colors on that requires a command-line command, and it's RGB in a very literal sense—it can be red, or green, or blue, or off, and that's it.

are that vardar fans noisy?
are they audible at 800rpm?

are that vardar fans noisy?
are they audible at 800rpm?
No and maybe, respectively. They stop at very low PWM, deliberately by design, and I really only see them around 800 RPM when they are ramping up or stopping—they don't run that speed for long enough to tell. I think they might make a bit of a whoosh around 800, but it's not harsh or bothersome.

I like the PCI-E power adapter :)
Could you provide more information about it ?

CY ATX 8Pin Female to 8pin Male 180 Degree Angled Adapter for Desktops Graphics Card https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P5R258Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_kqA6DbF38QCCW

Unfortunately the two pack comes in two orientations. You'll need to buy two of them and get two one way and two the other way if you have dual connections.

I originally got them because prior to the build because people were saying the ftw3 card is so large that the power cables press against the glass on the o11d. I didn't have a problem, but since I already bought them I just used them. Just put this build together on Sunday. First build since 2012.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
CY ATX 8Pin Female to 8pin Male 180 Degree Angled Adapter for Desktops Graphics Card https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P5R258Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_kqA6DbF38QCCW

Unfortunately the two pack comes in two orientations. You'll need to buy two of them and get two one way and two the other way if you have dual connections.

I originally got them because prior to the build because people were saying the ftw3 card is so large that the power cables press against the glass on the o11d. I didn't have a problem, but since I already bought them I just used them. Just put this build together on Sunday. First build since 2012.

Thank you :)
To you too pendragon1 :)

Last edited:

That's the most interesting thing I've ever seen, wish I knew about those when I was trying to fit a 1080 Gaming X into a Silverstone case instead of wasting money on 'low profile' pci-e cables.

Beautiful! Definitely "looks" goals for my O11 Dynamic. Just a random question, why do you have the radiators in series and the heat sources in series? I'm sure it is a pain in the butt, but wouldn't you have a bit better GPU performance if you alternated? Been out of the game a long time, so just curious is all.
because the difference in how its setup and setting up radiators after each part is a marginal gain and it kind of defeats the purpose of the distro plate. The setup is plenty capable of cooling and it does it surprisingly well.

What vertical card kit are you using? That’s the ROG XL case correct ? Looks like I might not be doing my card vertical with the 60mm thick rads I have.
Yes it is a XL verson.
http://www.phanteks.com/PH-VGPUKT.html

because the difference in how its setup and setting up radiators after each part is a marginal gain and it kind of defeats the purpose of the distro plate. The setup is plenty capable of cooling and it does it surprisingly well.

Yes it is a XL verson.
http://www.phanteks.com/PH-VGPUKT.html
Thanks mines in the mail, have the bitspower distro plate going in mine. Can’t find the EK in stock any where. Good looking build.

Been ever so slowly building a new one. Thanks to working 13 hour days 7 days a week for the past 2 months I dont get much time, about 30 minutes a day :(

I will take some better picture when I get finished next week.

RSQ05063.JPG
RSQ05071.JPG

Here's my A05B, my favorite small case still in the last decade.. Went through like 4-5 builds that I finally replaced with a Phanteks Evolv ATX. Still sitting in my living room as the HTPC system recently got a Ryzen 3600 upgrade and watercooling but only a useless 120mm radiator atm lol

240mm rad and gpu block from Aliexpress coming in the mail. I was going to do hard tubing but it was a pita doing my main pc so keeping it simple for this one using extra parts.

20200613_003600_HDR.jpg
20200613_003229_HDR.jpg
20200613_003341_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• 20200613_003600_HDR.jpg
    20200613_003600_HDR.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 0
Here's my A05B, my favorite small case still in the last decade.. Went through like 4-5 builds that I finally replaced with a Phanteks Evolv ATX. Still sitting in my living room as the HTPC system recently got a Ryzen 3600 upgrade and watercooling but only a useless 120mm radiator atm lol

beautiful a05 man. and agreed still the cleanest small case imo

i went even smaller last build but ive still got my a05 waiting for a new project but its been years lol

Those of you with Lian Li parts laying around, I'm looking for an EX-36A2 or EX-36B1 and wanting two of them. I have a thread in the BST Forum, if you would so kindly post there as to not derail this thread. Link

And to make sure I am playing by the rules. It's for this current project of mine, where I have modified a Lian Li PC-D600 to hold two systems. My current HDD cooling is not quiet enough using 80mm fans. Want to move over to 120mm fans. I will lose the ability to put 10 drives in it, but I am ok with losing some space. Only 6 of the drive bays are currently filled.

Cellphone pics for the time being.
IMG_6620.jpeg

IMG_5131.jpeg

RenderedImage.jpg

RenderedImage (1).jpg

Those of you with Lian Li parts laying around, I'm looking for an EX-36A2 or EX-36B1 and wanting two of them. I have a thread in the BST Forum, if you would so kindly post there as to not derail this thread. Link

And to make sure I am playing by the rules. It's for this current project of mine, where I have modified a Lian Li PC-D600 to hold two systems. My current HDD cooling is not quiet enough using 80mm fans. Want to move over to 120mm fans. I will lose the ability to put 10 drives in it, but I am ok with losing some space. Only 6 of the drive bays are currently filled.

Cellphone pics for the time being.
View attachment 256335

View attachment 256336

View attachment 256337

View attachment 256338

Pretty sweet! 👍

Re-did the loop, added a second radiator and also GPU block. Removed the pink coolant and used distilled water with dye. Also replaced the EVGA psu with a Seasonic and chopped up the stock RX 570 VRM heatsink to go along with the waterblock. Contemplating on doing hard tubes but I don't think I have the patience after doing my other rig.

Also gave the old worned acrylic side panel a little turtle wax scratch & swirl remover... I was amazed it did wonders and made the acrylic look almost like new and made it pop a bit.

20200701_000149_HDR.jpg

20200701_000628_HDR.jpg

20200701_002754_HDR.jpg

That case is neat. By default the airflow is back to front. My brother has one. I need to get it from him sometime. Good example of when Lian li was doing something unique. Now they just keep releasing O11 variants.

Am I the only one who dreams of a V1000/2000 series refresh with tempered glass and USB type C?

Heck I would be happy if they rereleased new versions of their PC-60 and PC-70 cases. I wish I had bought more back when they were still available.

Am I the only one who dreams of a V1000/2000 series refresh with tempered glass and USB type C?
Heck I would be happy if they rereleased new versions of their PC-60 and PC-70 cases. I wish I had bought more back when they were still available.

Lian-Li has a lot of great cases they could update and re-release, or make new variations of. Or they could even release brand-new designs! Instead they continue beating the O11D to death.

…but yeah, I preordered an O11D Mini.

Back