my Tagan A+ blackpearl

009.jpg

011-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

023.jpg

011.jpg

not exactly a lili but... lili BUILT it =]
my Tagan A+ blackpearl

Still has that Lian Li quality... that's a Lian Li to me ;)
I like how you've sleeved the wires, nice way to have them exposed yet looking nice... kind of an organized confusion sort of thing. And... I love the red and black. I used to have that same evilish strong red glow in my V1000 and I always liked the light it cast into my room. Seeing yours kind of makes me want that red glow back :)

Oh and welcome to the [H] Forums.

It's odd.

The ABS one comes with a mesh window. Tagan comes with side panel window.

So I have finally gotten around to posting some updated pics of my V1000.

Whats new:
Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme Black Anniversary Edition
Lian Li Mesh Bay Cover with Filter 5.25
Lian Li EX-34NA Expansion Hard Drive Kit (with the extra intake fan my temps dropped 10°!! :D)
2 Cooler Master High Performance 120MM R4 Series BLUE LED Case Fans (for the back exhaust fan and TRUE)
2 Apevia 120mm UV Blue 4-LED Case Fans (for the front intakes)

I also tidied up the cables a bit more.

Although all these parts didn't effect my performance much, they did make the overall case look more appealing, which was my goal. My only bummer is that I could not fit my TRUE veritcally to exhaust out the back due to clearance issues with the aluminum sheild dividing the case. When I upgrade to an i7 I will have to find a motherbaord where the CPU sits up a little bit more than my EVGA 680i SLI (remember this is an rATX case, everything is flipped.) Any suggestions?

Here is where I posted it before, for some before pics.

Now for the pics:

P8160291.jpg

P8160292.jpg

P8160286.jpg

P8160285.jpg

P8160287.jpg

P8160289.jpg

P8160300.jpg

I have the same issue with my TRUE and V1000 case and I'm using an EVGA x58 i7 board.

The only board I've found that would allow the TRUE to sit vertically in the case are ASUS ones. The CPU socket sits centered on the DIMM slots unlike most others where its offset lower.

I have the same issue with my TRUE and V1000 case and I'm using an EVGA x58 i7 board.

The only board I've found that would allow the TRUE to sit vertically in the case are ASUS ones. The CPU socket sits centered on the DIMM slots unlike most others where its offset lower.

That's good to know. So maybe the ASUS Rampage II Extreme would be a good idea for me? My uncle has the same board and loves it. I think his TRUE interferes with one of his DIMM slots, but that isn't a big deal for me since I would only run 6 gigs anyways.

Shouldn't interfere with the DIMM slots if its mounted vertically. I was looking at the ASUS P6T6 Revolution motherboard if my EVGA x58 LE doesn't work out.

I'm using a smaller version of the TRUE 120 called the Thermalright Ultima 90. It fits perfectly but it is a little smaller and uses a 92mm fan. But its keeping the temps the same as with my TRUE 120 but I'm not overlocking at all (yet).

In the middle of sleeving all my wiring and hiding everything....

DSC00010.jpg

The P6T6 does look like a good option for me too. Is there a reason why you would get this over the similarly priced Rampage II Extreme?

Your rig is lookin sweet btw, I am diggin those white fans and smaller cooler :D. If all else fails and my TRUE still wont fit with a new mobo, I might just pick up a Corsair H50 and try that sucker out.

Excuse the mess, house is being remodeled. Who thinks they can figure out what's what though? :)

Headcrab plushie!

Actually, what's that about - I thought they were gray? Or is that the radioactive version or something?

I love this case.

Didn't think the REV85 would fit so got the ABS case for a little bit more room. Uhhh...big shock going from this tiny thing to that. Didn't like it to much and my temps were actually worse so decided to put everything back in this and luckily the PSU fit..barely.

a05b1.png

a05b2.png

Last edited:

[sharing]
Abit IP35-E
Abit IP35 Pro
Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

All work fine with the TRUE in the V1000 in the proper vertical orientation.

like you said, it depends on where the cpu socket is though. I've had cooler issues with DFI boards in other cases because the socket was too high up on the board, so I would guess that DFI boards are a no-go for a vertical TRUE in the V1000.

[sharing]
Abit IP35-E
Abit IP35 Pro
Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

All work fine with the TRUE in the V1000 in the proper vertical orientation.

like you said, it depends on where the cpu socket is though. I've had cooler issues with DFI boards in other cases because the socket was too high up on the board, so I would guess that DFI boards are a no-go for a vertical TRUE in the V1000.

So what would be a safe height then for the socket to be at? Could anyone with any of these boards or any other boards that fit this bill possibly measure in millimeters the distance the socket is from the bottom of the mobo (top for non reverse ATX)? This would be awesome if possible!

In general boards with S775 Intel chipsets don't have problems, on other side boards with S775 NVIDIA chipsets usually have their CPU socket located a few mm's lower.

My 1st ever PC build is almost done. Just need to do the SATA cables and make a couple custom SATA power cables and install a couple stealth lights...

Very good learning experience.

Maybe make a custom fan controller. I have a black and a silver Sunbeam controller I might do something with. ;)

DSC00045.jpg

DSC00050.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

DSC00041.jpg

DSC00042.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

DSC00048.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

DSC00043.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

I just received my Lian Li PC-7 plus II in the mail yesterday, but the packaging on the box says pc-7 plus not the plus II. I ordered from Newegg and the site showed it having the 12cm vga fan. However, the case I received only has 2x 120mm fans and no vga cooling kit. Is the PC-7 plus II supposed include the vga cooling kit as standard?

My 1st ever PC build is almost done. Just need to do the SATA cables and make a couple custom SATA power cables and install a couple stealth lights...

Maybe make a custom fan controller. I have a black and a silver Sunbeam controller I might do something with. ;)

DSC00045.jpg

where did you get the old logoless 3 bay 5.25" cover? I've been searching for one of those for my lian li case but all I can find is the one with the logo in the middle.

you did all the sleeving yourself? fantastic job!!!

i've seen a couple people with custom sleeving like yours (wire mesh or w/e its called look), and i've always wondered how and where they get it from (cause i think its awesome!) So... care to share :D

Their online store is down right now, will be back up on the 8th, but Murdermod has the really nice sleeing kits, but run about $65. Considering the quality, and that fact that it is a complete kit, I am inclinded to agree that it is worth it, IF you want to spend that kind of money on sleeving, and are going to commit to putting in 110%. You can also get another sleeving, the TechFlex, which is a LOT cheaper from Ebay, 50' of 1/8 is only $6. You'll also need to source some 3:1 heatshink, you can get by on 2:1 with something, but 3:1 is really nescessary for some of the cables depending on how you are going to want them to look. The difference between the Murdermod sleeving, and the Techflex is the weave, the Murdermod stuff is really tight, and you can not see the wire through it, were as on the Techflex you can see the color through the sleeving in some cases. There is a TechFlex called "Heavy Wall", I haven't tried it yet, so I'm not sure if it is the same weave as teh mm stuff or not.

This is the Techflex
resleeving2.jpg

I'll warning you though, you're going to want to practice a lot before you try it on your really cabling. Figure out a system that works for you to keep teh wires in order, and measuring correct lengths of sleeving and heatshrink. Nothing will make a sleeving job look worse than all different lengths os heatshrink, and sleeving that's half assed. Also expect to spend the better part of a day sleeing a whole system.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi to all,first time posting please go easy on me.
This is my first attempt at watercooling.
Some pics of my finished case.

004.jpg

001.jpg

005.jpg

006-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

It doesn't show that this is your first watercooled build,you've done an outstanding job,I think this looks ace :)

Hi to all,first time posting please go easy on me.
This is my first attempt at watercooling.

No need to go easy on you, that's a badass rig if you ask me. One hell of a first watercool job! Classy and sporty, great job!

Oh and I must know where you got those wheels, I love those.

Hi subset7,thanks for the reply,much appreciated :)
Hi TooBooKoo,thanks for the reply,much appreciated :)
There were only a few of these wheels made and i was very lucky to get them.
Thanks for looking.

Kick-ass job, Skullen! She turned out excellent. :) Man, it's still so weird seeing my grills in other people's rigs, lol; the skull grill looks awesome where you put it. Admittedly, I've never been a big fan of the Armorsuit series, but this makes me change my mind.

Hi E.E.L.thanks for the reply,much appreciated :)
The grill is awesome,if there was an 120mm square skull version like the shape of the billet one i have it would be in there as well. ;)
Thanks for looking :)

Back