The Lian Li Gallery

yeah, empty has a nice set up and cable management.

shame i got the wrong LL and ended up not using it, due to being picky on how my HSF sits & faces the exhaust fan.

Yeah, I already mentioned that I'm planning on changing the screws. The local hardware store only had a minimal amount of the black hex screws, and they were all big. Gonna stop by Home Depot or Lowes tomorrow.

I still can't believe that Lian Li discontinued their most profitable series of cases - The V1000/1100 series. I'm sorry, I just don't want to buy a 1200. A smaller 1000 or 1100 would suffice.

I still can't believe that Lian Li discontinued their most profitable series of cases - The V1000/1100 series. I'm sorry, I just don't want to buy a 1200. A smaller 1000 or 1100 would suffice.

You should be able to find a used one. :)

The V1000 couldn't fit a modern PSU with 2 HDD cages...

I like the V1010 much better... normal ATX orientation, not 1200 size, but not 1000 size...

But that's me...

What's the box on the power supply ?

You referring to my pictures? The box attached to the power supply just directs the air exhausting out of the PSU off to the side of the case. They shipped them with the cases because if you have the fans in the factory setup, the fan right above the PSU will be an intake, so that box prevents that fan from sucking in hot air from the PSU. My fans aren't setup like that anymore, but I just left it on there.

Also, I got some better looking screws. I'll post up some pictures a bit later. Looks even better than before :)

Yeah, home depot have some nice black allen screws similar to the silver ones you have there. at least the local one around me does.

I got black ones at Lowes yesterday. Just haven't taken pictures of it yet. I'll try to get some today. Have had some stuff going on.

Thanks for the compliments TooBooKoo and Zenshi. :) And yeah, I was nervous about cutting the case up, haha, but I'm very happy I went through with it, because I love the new look.

CLock3, what is that PSU? It looks kind of generic.

I like the plastic rivets that Lian Li uses, but they become brittle after a couple years.

Edit: plastic rivets the use to mount fans

Last edited:
Drives do not take much power. I ran a Q6600 (at 3.6ghz), a HD4850, a water cooling setup, and 22 hard drives on a 610w PC P&C.

I hope you still don't run that same setup. You'll kill your PSU. I ran a P4 3.06 ghz, 6800 GT, and 21 hdds on a Enermax 600w Noisetaker. The PSU died after a year and took 6 hdds with it.

I swapped to 1.5 TB drives, so only around 13 hdds now and using a pair of 550w Coolermaster PSUs.

CLock3, what is that PSU? It looks kind of generic.

It is. It's some Hipro PSU that came in an Alienware I had a couple years ago. I've been planning on upgrading to something of better quality, just waiting till I have the spare money to do so.

As mentioned earlier, here are the updated pics of the blowhole with the nicer screws I got. Also, while I had it all taken apart again, I went ahead and covered up the fan sticker and visible wires with some decal material I had, so it's all blacked out now. :D

IMG_2587.jpg

IMG_2588.jpg

IMG_2590.jpg

IMG_2593.jpg

IMG_2589.jpg

IMG_2595.jpg

It is. It's some Hipro PSU that came in an Alienware I had a couple years ago. I've been planning on upgrading to something of better quality, just waiting till I have the spare money to do so.

As mentioned earlier, here are the updated pics of the blowhole with the nicer screws I got. Also, while I had it all taken apart again, I went ahead and covered up the fan sticker and visible wires with some decal material I had, so it's all blacked out now. :D

Looks great... black screws really made a difference.

It's that time of year again. I'm doing my best to replace the TJ09-BW (but never seem to be able to). This year's candidates are (from left to right: PC-A17B, PC-A10A, PC-V1010B and TYR PC-X500):

ll1.jpg

ll2.jpg

I still haven't decided which one will stick. Who knows, maybe the Silverstone will win out again.

It's that time of year again. I'm doing my best to replace the TJ09-BW (but never seem to be able to). This year's candidates are (from left to right: PC-A17B, PC-A10A, PC-V1010B and TYR PC-X500):

PC-A17B - too open, not much room inside (used for brothers PC)
PC-A10A - fan at front is a fail (hole is smaller than fan)
PC-V1010B - very good and big case, maybe you should also consider PC-V1110B/A
TYR - i'm not a big fan of TYR cases

From all those, i would choose PC-V1010...

x500 is what I'm planning to go with...

Perfect layout for me would be 3 x 120's in front (so a bit more height) but then we could fit a triple-rad in front, and 120 on back... that and 8 PCI slots atleast

Top "Chamber" is fine how it is... maybe more holes under the motherboard for wires, but oh well :D

i say be happy with the TJ09 :) i have the TJ10 and absolutely love it.

I have been pretty happy with my TJ09 for the year+ I've had it. I've tried three or four times during that period to replace it with something else but have always gone back to it in the end. This time, though, I think I'm done with it for good. It's a great case and looks great but I find that I can't use it with the side panel on because it adds something like 6 to 7*c to my CPU temps. And when my 920 is idling in the low to mid 40's *c (best case scenario with panel off), I don't need my idle temps to be hovering around 50*c. Plus the case isn't the most cable management friendly and there are much newer/better designs out now that make cabling much cleaner.

I just got my x500 a few days ago, awesome case!

I've actually had the X500 in use for a couple of months now and the wiring was super clean in this case. My system never looked so good! But I was disappointed that it didn't cool as well as I thought it would (or as well as it should given the short depth with unobstructed airflow through the CPU/GPU area). Plus it's pretty cramped when you've got a larger PSU, 4x HDD's and 2x opticals. I'll probably still hang onto it for a little longer though.

PC-A17B - too open, not much room inside (used for brothers PC)
PC-A10A - fan at front is a fail (hole is smaller than fan)
PC-V1010B - very good and big case, maybe you should also consider PC-V1110B/A
TYR - i'm not a big fan of TYR cases

From all those, i would choose PC-V1010...

Sounds like you've had lots of personal experience with the Lian Li's and your assessments are pretty accurate.

I'm not even going to bother building in the A17 b/c it's pretty small for me.

A10 is one sweet looking case on the outside but inside it's another story altogether. PSU placement sucks b/c the fan is pressed against the side panel - which is the way it need to be if you plan on running dual PSU's as the case is capable of. But they should let you have the option of flipping it around if you're only running one PSU (like most people do). The top exhaust fan is too close to mobo area and won't allow for the use of many larger HSF's (I had to turn the TRUE 120 sideways so that it's exhausting up toward the top of the case instead of the rear). Cable management could've been better too. I'm still keeping it for my HTPC in the bedroom.

I just moved everything into the V1010B - and have been pleasantly surprised b/c this was the case that was in "last place" in my mind originally. Installation was pretty straightforward and clean and I think it's a fairly nice improvement from the V1000B, which I've also had in the past. I wish it had more cable management holes - especially one for the 8-pin power cables (of which the EVGA Classified has two). Main complaint, however, is that cooling in the upper CPU/GPU chamber sucks and is about 5*c higher than it was in my TJ09. Jury is still out on this case but it's what I'm using right now.

1) cooling = put a BZ-502A or BZ-502B in some of bays if possible. This is how i cool the stuff at upper part.
2) cable wiring is OK in my opinion, and that one 8-pin is acceptable if you have the cable length expansion. This is how it looks in my case :

That connector in middle made a little mark on dampening material on side, but oh well :). It's heaven compared to PC-V1000B cabling hell.

PS: Just for info, there is no such mess at bottom bays now, as those 6 drives are gone, there is just one at upper bay, in the 5,25 bay without front hole :D (the one at bottom of 5,25 cages).

1) cooling = put a BZ-502A or BZ-502B in some of bays if possible. This is how i cool the stuff at upper part.
2) cable wiring is OK in my opinion, and that one 8-pin is acceptable if you have the cable length expansion. This is how it looks in my case :

That connector in middle made a little mark on dampening material on side, but oh well :). It's heaven compared to PC-V1000B cabling hell.

PS: Just for info, there is no such mess at bottom bays now, as those 6 drives are gone, there is just one at upper bay, in the 5,25 bay without front hole :D (the one at bottom of 5,25 cages).

Thanks for the suggestions. I put everything into the V1010B about two days ago and just cleaned it up some more tonight. Will post pics tomorrow when there's better lighting to take some good photos.

Very nice.
I wish NewEgg wasn't ridiculous on shipping costs; I almost picked up a Lancool not too long ago.

http://imagehost.vendio.com/preview/ye/yenniedn/ll1.jpg

http://imagehost.vendio.com/preview/ye/yenniedn/ll2.jpg

I still haven't decided which one will stick. Who knows, maybe the Silverstone will win out again.
I REALLY like my PC-A10.
If you're going to watercool, the A10 is it. You can fit three 120mm rads inside it without heavy modifications.
BlackIce GT Stealth fits on the rear 120mm.
I got one of the PC353 cube case 3x5.25" 120mm converter and attached a blackice gtx to it, then cut a second blowhole in the top for the third fan.
Works great!
n612230296_6413798_4051302.jpg

n612230296_6413810_3495774.jpg

Well come on,you didnt have to be so offensive did you you *rick.

Ive posted some in the watercooling gallery if you fancy going and slagging them off too.

Guys arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics, no matter what happens, you're still retarded.

But that guy who said who pissed in your cornflakes, that was hilarious.

OK, I finally got the new GTX 295's installed . . . moved the whole system over to the LL PC-V1010B for the time being while I decide if I really like this case or maybe nab a PC-A71A in the near future. The Corsair HX1000W is an awesome PSU . . . but it's throwing off the whole red/black color scheme. Is that the Enermax Revolution calling my name??? Here's what it looks like for now (last photo turned out a little blurry b/c I was in a hurry):

v1010b2.jpg

v1010b1.jpg

v1010b3.jpg

Back