The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

You are exaggerating a bit, rdr2 and zelda have similarities.
And nintendo as a console is in last place, so xbox has brilliant games, even better than ps5.
And I don't even count PC.
You confused something, ps5 and xbox x are far more powerful consoles and their games look a lot better than nintendo switch. games.
And the prices of the switch games are more expensive, even though all new games are expensive now.
:ROFLMAO:

I'm enjoying it on my switch and 75inch tv. I am now tempted to grab a mclassic just to upscale it a bit.
Playing it on emulation does look tempting tho.. maybe if i can carry my savegame over, id give it a try.
I'll be honest, I got the mClassic years ago and I felt that I definitely got my $100 or so out of it. I also use it with a 75inch 4k TV. To get the best picture I need to do Old Console (and Switch) -> "HDMI 48GBps" 4k120 HDMI Switcher (just to be safe)* -> MClassic -> 1440p60fps EDID spoofer ($10 on amazon) -> TV.
It also upscales my PS3 (With PS2 support), Gamecube (With GBA Player), Wii U (including Wii) and PS Vita TV to 1440p, and it looks awesome. Without the EDID spoofer my TV would only upscale the mclassic to 1080p which isn't that noticeable unless the source was sub 720p.
I love that you can put it after an HDMI switch and it will upscale everything that comes before the HDMI Switch.

I do NOT suggest using the Mclassic on classic Pixel based consoles though, the blur that it uses to hide the jaggies is a bit too pronounced and overall looks terrible. My SNES, Genesis, and PS2 are on different inputs, also partially because getting adequate hdmi upscalers for all of them was too pricy. I LOVE the super hard edged, non blurry pixel look though. I know some people swear by CRT blurry pixel scanlines, I hate it, I want pixels the size of my fist and as sharp as a knife when I play an oldschool pixel game on my 75inch TV.

I also just straight up move the mClassic to my PC PC (Switch -> MClassic -> 4k Capture Card -> USB C to PC & HDMI to 1440p Monitor) when I'm streaming my switch over twitch and it looks amazing at 1440p native res. "Amazing" meaning nothing compared to modern AAA games, but it's a pretty drastic improvement that IS captured on the capture card because the upscaling happens before it hits the card.
Because the Switch 2/Super Switch, whatever has been pretty much guaranteed to not come out till at least next summer, the mClassic is still probably a decent buy, but i'd try to find it sub $50 if at all possible. I feel that an upgraded version or some sort of 4k upscaler is gonna come out sooner rather than later and obsolete it unless you have more than console you plan to use with it (Like I do.)

Anyway, back to Tears of the Kingdom:
30 shrines done, Still haven't progressed the story in any significant fashion, still absolutely fucking loving the game.

My new favorite way to travel is using the rewind on those giant rocks that fall from the sky. You can rewind them and ride them up pretty high in the air.

I find it funny how a game with massive performance problems and fps drops and slow downs gets a 10/10 score.. But reviews aren't bias right? Think Jedi 2 could use some tlc atm lol.

I find it funny how a game with massive performance problems and fps drops and slow downs gets a 10/10 score.. But reviews aren't bias right? Think Jedi 2 could use some tlc atm lol.
That's only on Switch though. Sounds like it runs great on PC. :ROFLMAO:

I read a native review by a character who also played BOTW and has 30 years of gaming experience.
Mainly if nintendo releases a new console next year and I can play this new zelda on a 1080p normal TV and on the new console in 30 or 60fps without stuttering then maybe I will buy my first console and then it will be nintendo.
Now it doesn't make sense for me to throw away a lot of money on a console from 2017. and another 70 euros on a game.

I gave up on the Switch version of the game. Feels like the resolution is 640x480 and the frame rate leaves a lot to be desired.

I tried out the emulator and wow! Ten million times sharper than the Switch and 60 fps. Completely transforms the game.

I gave up on the Switch version of the game. Feels like the resolution is 640x480 and the frame rate leaves a lot to be desired.

I tried out the emulator and wow! Ten million times sharper than the Switch and 60 fps. Completely transforms the game.
Sounds like we need a backwards compatible Switch 2 about now... I'd buy one day 1.

I like the game, but it is not all good. The amount of assets they reused is disappointing. The graphics are just beyond unacceptable. There is also a sense that there is little new to see. They leaned on BotW a little too much.

I like the game, but it is not all good. The amount of assets they reused is disappointing. The graphics are just beyond unacceptable. There is also a sense that there is little new to see. They leaned on BotW a little too much.
lol.
1684338896136.png

1684338914846.png

1684338935372.png

First temple finished, 44 shrines completed, a fair bit of the depths explored. There's a lot more going on down there than is immediately apparent. I still haven't got to all the towers yet and still feel like i've barely touched the surface even though i'm probably over 25% done by the numbers.
I love how many more sidequests there are, every single stable, small building, camp fire and almost every character in each town has some sort of quest associated with em. Hell, even random statues have quests.
So much to do, so much to do. Probably gonna do Gerudo Desert next as I happen to be in the area.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1658819667492851713?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1658819667492851713|twgr^b22d5a73be3c2aa244e3c248e95e833f8eb61b11|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://www.siliconera.com/10-million-sales-of-the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-sold-in-3-days/
1684343836837.png

I think that makes this the biggest single console exclusive launch ever, aside from other Nintendo properties. (I think Pokemon beats it out)

(on a quick glance of some research, Pokemon Scarlet & Violet are the "best selling console launch titles ever" at around 10million as well, but that combines both games sales numbers. God of War: Ragnorak is the best selling non-nintendo launch ever with about 5.5 million units).

How many hearts do you think i need to get through one of the dungeons? I did got to water temple first but decided to leave to level up a bit. I have Ocarina of Time armor set which has a 9 rating I think. I just (re) discovered Rito Village. Not sure if I should pound shrines until I have a good amount of hearts and stamina before tackling dungeons.

How many hearts do you think i need to get through one of the dungeons? I did got to water temple first but decided to leave to level up a bit. I have Ocarina of Time armor set which has a 9 rating I think. I just (re) discovered Rito Village. Not sure if I should pound shrines until I have a good amount of hearts and stamina before tackling dungeons.
I easily beat the ruto one with 8 hearts and no armor upgrades*. I accidentally cheesed the boss though, as the second phase was over in like 45 seconds.

*Only just now I found out that you start the Great Fairy Shrines quest at woodland stables.

I've found that what is old, is concretely new again. And what's new on top of that, is a shit load - there's a lot of game here.

I was initially worried, but it has never felt like a rehash so far

If you've done any of the "falling" sky island puzzle shrines, teleport your ass back up to that island and talk to the construct. You need to do the falling challenge again, but faster.

This unlocks a
fucking WING SUIT armor set! You can fly so far and fast with this thing!

Also they remind me of

Which was a fantastic game.

Did wind temple and the ability you get there makes the whole map really accessible from the air. I was able to practically go from sky tower to sky tower or really close using that ability with a bit of air island hopping and unlocked the whole map. While I was doing all the sky towers I also did all the glyphs which spawns the light dragon.

To really traverse the map 2 stamina wheels are really handy.

I beat the wind temple boss with 5 hearts but didn't even take a hit honestly. I was more prone to death by falling from stamina depletion than takong any hits, regular enemies are more likely to hit you than a boss.

Doing the glyph quest unlocks a bunch of story so definitely worth doing.

The journey to the Wind temple was amazing. That is more like it. The game can be visually impressive when it doesn’t have to render trees and foliage. The gameplay itself was pretty hair raising.

The journey to the Wind temple was amazing. That is more like it. The game can be visually impressive when it doesn’t have to render trees and foliage. The gameplay itself was pretty hair raising.
Agreed. I think this is what the game does best. It really makes you feel like you've been on a long and treacherous journey to reach a destination. And the amount of z-axis here is incredible. I feel like I scaled mount everest.

Last edited:
The switch 2 is going to be outdated before it is even released.
I mean, yes - in the same way that the SteamDeck was outdated before it was released.
If it can give people 1080p 60fps locked in a handheld, it will be more than enough. If it does 4k upscaling when docked, that would be great, but also not necessary for most users.

I also did all the glyphs which spawns the light dragon.
It doesn't. The light dragon flies around the entire map so you probably just didn't see it.

First time I saw it, it was flying way above farosh and I remember thinking 'holy shit, two dragons at the same time?'

they were just lying nearby, literally like 100 feet from the stable

they were just lying nearby, literally like 100 feet from the stable
Thank you. I've grabbed most of the stable locations but haven't explored around them yet. I'll fix that later today

Last edited:
Just cleared a huge monster cluster and literally cycled almost every single shield and weapon I had doing it.

Like seriously 10+ weapons.

It was a little fucking ridiculous because they were all tanky as shit and swarmed, so I'd be hitting 3 at a time and shatter my weapon before I even got them to half health, and it's not like my weapons were garbage - they were like 30+ damage at first until I had to switch to fucking sticks attached to boss horns because I broke everything

Then I'd have to go find some random piece of shit to duct tape to a horn and promptly break my weapon again in 15 seconds.

To make matters worse I ragdolled one into the ocean and couldn't find it after, so I needed to clear 20 of these fucking things again

Just cleared a huge monster cluster and literally cycled almost every single shield and weapon I had doing it.

Like seriously 10+ weapons.

It was a little fucking ridiculous because they were all tanky as shit and swarmed, so I'd be hitting 3 at a time and shatter my weapon before I even got them to half health, and it's not like my weapons were garbage - they were like 30+ damage at first until I had to switch to fucking sticks attached to boss horns because I broke everything

Then I'd have to go find some random piece of shit to duct tape to a horn and promptly break my weapon again in 15 seconds.

To make matters worse I ragdolled one into the ocean and couldn't find it after, so I needed to clear 20 of these fucking things again
There are a few glitches that can fix weapon breakage. Also Ive done similar but in my case I couldn't find one in the night time and decided to sleep, had to repeat the whole thing again

Back