The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Ok minecart shield fucking rocks
Shield + Rocket works like Rivalis Gale used too, but a lot funnier.

I played about 15 hours. Lots more story than BOTW, I *highly* recommend railroading the story at least until you unlock the paraglider.

I've done 18 shrines, got about 50 koroks, and surveyed 4 portions of the map. Did some really awesome sky puzzles as well, and accidentally ended up above the Gerudo Dessert by just yeeting myself super far while in the clouds.

Damn I love this game so far.

I got my classic green Link garb on thanks to Amiibos. Starting zone was amazing and challenging.

This is definitely more Breath of the Wild. The graphics are improved in some ways, but not a generational upgrade. I find weapon durability less of an issue.
Shield + Rocket works like Rivalis Gale used too, but a lot funnier.

I played about 15 hours. Lots more story than BOTW, I *highly* recommend railroading the story at least until you unlock the paraglider.

I've done 18 shrines, got about 50 koroks, and surveyed 4 portions of the map. Did some really awesome sky puzzles as well, and accidentally ended up above the Gerudo Dessert by just yeeting myself super far while in the clouds.

Damn I love this game so far.
Agreed. Stay on main quest at least until paraglider. I went east.

I'm going to throw some complaints out there to balance out the seemingly universal "10/10 game of the decade" claims.

- Graphics in some locations are terrible. Specifically the eye-seering yellow color scheme of the first floating island combined with flickering tree shadows when you move the camera.
- Frame rate when using ultra hand feels like it dips into the low 20s or even teens. It's a crime that this was released on such old hardware.
- Building is a cool gimmick that opens up a lot of new ways to traverse the environment and solve puzzles, but it's kind of a chore. I can see the novelty wearing off real quick.
- Combat is just okay. I think Elden Ring and DS3 have ruined me. I miss i-frame dodging and challenging enemies.
- I think I was burnt out once I reached Hyrule because I was playing for 5 hours straight. But I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed that this wasn't a new land. I know it's littered with new things, but still, seeing the same ol' landmarks doesn't entice me to explore the same way BOTW did. Hopefully this will improve when I get to the underground sections and more sky islands.

FB_IMG_1684018191216.jpg

900p has never looked so good.
This isn't sarcasm. I love how the game looks.

I actually play at 1440p upscaled by an mclassic which really clears up the jaggies.

You learn to live with it.

That being said, I really wish Nintendo would release a more 'premium' version of the Switch that wasn't portable and could push 1080p native for games.

The fact that they got this running as well as they did on the dog water ass hardware is a marvel - like you can literally dive from sky to underground in some spots

I've also definitely cheated the hell out of some of the puzzles. I found one shrine where I obsessively brought every single physics object from earlier parts of the shrine along with me
Near the end I had some huge pile of shit which I built into like a 150ft long bridge. It literally spanned the entire room you were seemingly supposed to sail across with fans.

The fact that they got this running as well as they did on the dog water ass hardware is a marvel - like you can literally dive from sky to underground in some spots

I've also definitely cheated the hell out of some of the puzzles. I found one shrine where I obsessively brought every single physics object from earlier parts of the shrine along with me
Near the end I had some huge pile of shit which I built into like a 150ft long bridge. It literally spanned the entire room you were seemingly supposed to sail across with fans.
I cheesed an earlier shrine by using an earlier area fans to blow other fans up higher which I used to get over a wall that I was definitely not supposed to get over that way.

I don’t think it can be denied that graphics are terrible, but of course you have to take into account the hardware is just ancient. I actually think graphics may he worse here than in BotW on balance. Too many sacrifices.

Having said that I do like it. I do think Nintendo has milked the Switch to maximum at this stage and they need a much better GPU asap for the next game.

Just realized you could pick up those Kuroks...

Found one right in front of Haterno village and immediately dunked his annoying ass in the pond like I was at the Salem witch trials

After not having played a switch game for at least a year I’m having a hell of a time getting used to the controls after using an Xbox controller to run through DS:R, DS3, and Elden Ring. The A/B and X/Y switch is sooo hard to get used to.

Only played for about an hour today and so far not all that impressed, looked absolutely horrible on my 65” oled, hopefully looks better on the switch oled. Lifelong Zelda fan here though so I’m sure I’ll get into it, I loved BOTW so should end up loving this too.

After not having played a switch game for at least a year I’m having a hell of a time getting used to the controls after using an Xbox controller to run through DS:R, DS3, and Elden Ring. The A/B and X/Y switch is sooo hard to get used to.

Only played for about an hour today and so far not all that impressed, looked absolutely horrible on my 65” oled, hopefully looks better on the switch oled. Lifelong Zelda fan here though so I’m sure I’ll get into it, I loved BOTW so should end up loving this too.
You can change button mapping in settings. Will fix this problem. It’s on a per controller basis as well which is nice.

You can change button mapping in settings. Will fix this problem. It’s on a per controller basis as well which is nice.
When I looked in the settings I only saw an option to toggle the switch between b and x? If they can actually be remapped then yeah I could sort that out.

When I looked in the settings I only saw an option to toggle the switch between b and x? If they can actually be remapped then yeah I could sort that out.
Yes, you have to go into the Switch system settings. You can remap every button in any way you want in there, and it saves it per controller.

Also keep in mind you can also pair xbox and dual sense controllers as well. Although you loose the special features of course.

Nintendo has added quite a bit of features/customization to the Switch OS over the past few years. It's not bare-bones garbage anymore.

30 shrines done. Haven't done any major dungeons yet and still have the vast majority of the map to visit.

30 shrines done. Haven't done any major dungeons yet and still have the vast majority of the map to visit.

I went shrine hunting right off the bat and cleared 20 before I actually went back to turn them in for heart containers

Suddenly I don't die to a gnat farting near me

Is the game coming to pc or is it exclusively nintendo switch?

Now I'm regretting that I didn't buy the Nintendo NES Classic Mini when it was possible to play old Zelda and Super Mario.

Apparently the game has similarities with rdr2, is that true? But as far as I can see the graphics are very bad

Is the game coming to pc or is it exclusively nintendo switch?

Now I'm regretting that I didn't buy the Nintendo NES Classic Mini when it was possible to play old Zelda and Super Mario.

Apparently the game has similarities with rdr2, is that true? But as far as I can see the graphics are very bad
no, yes
ok
lol no. thats what switch games look like.

I saw a bit of the beginning, i.e. that big tutorial, the graphics are desperate, in the 21st century, there is no chance.
Nintendo needs a new console and games with much better graphics, even the character who played said that the game jerks in certain parts.

To me the game is similar to rdr2, there is cooking, there are puzzles, open space, there is shooting with a bow and arrow, zelda is normally more futuristic and probably has more puzzles but it has similarities with rdr2... but normally the graphics in rdr2 are the best of all currently available games, whoever has an ultra high end PC can enjoy the graphics and admire the landscape that rockstar made....
It's a shame that Rockstar gave up on Max Payne, Max Payne 3 is a great game, but I just read that it didn't make much money and that's why they won't make a new one.

Last edited:
I saw a bit of the beginning, i.e. that big tutorial, the graphics are desperate, in the 21st century, there is no chance.
Nintendo needs a new console and games with much better graphics, even the character who played said that the game jerks in certain parts.

To me the game is similar to rdr2, there is cooking, there are puzzles, open space, there is shooting with a bow and arrow, zelda is normally more futuristic and probably has more puzzles but it has similarities with rdr2... but normally the graphics in rdr2 are the best of all currently available games, whoever has an ultra high end PC can enjoy the graphics and admire the landscape that rockstar made....
It's a shame that Rockstar gave up on Max Payne, Max Payne 3 is a great game, but I just read that it didn't make much money and that's why they won't make a new one.
This game is NOTHING like RDR2. They are two completely different games.

I certainly won't play Zelda, and that's only because of the terrible graphics in the 21st century
Nintendo used to be number 1, now it's number 3

Zelda has always been a game that sells the consoles.
Switch is dated in hardware sure, your cell phone could produce better graphics. But its still a top seller for a reason. Simplicity , ease of taking it with you, and overall nintendo just delivers solid content.

I'm enjoying it on my switch and 75inch tv. I am now tempted to grab a mclassic just to upscale it a bit.
Playing it on emulation does look tempting tho.. maybe if i can carry my savegame over, id give it a try.

Comparing this and RDR2 is the dumbest shit I've heard in a while.

Might as well compare RDR2 to ARMA 3. Both are open world. Both have guns. Must be the same.

One might even ask - What is really the difference between this game and the Pong console? Both have moving spheres.

Anyways, I'm about 10 hours in and really enjoying this game. Nintendo has once again raised the bar. The ease and complexity of the building system in this game is amazing, and all the various puzzles throughout the world and shrines is a big step up from BOTW. You get over the graphics once you realize how good the gameplay is, and in my opinion, the game looks just fine if you're playing it on the Switch in portable mode. Where it struggles is when you take the scaled 1080p image and blow it up on a 70'' TV.

Last edited:
I certainly won't play Zelda, and that's only because of the terrible graphics in the 21st century
Nintendo used to be number 1, now it's number 3
Have you been sleeping under a rock?
Sony>Nintendo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Xbox

You get over the graphics
I'm probably 20hr in, at some point if that's the only thing you play, you get used to the framerate and graphics. The wind temple though, after you beat the boss, yikes it was maybe 10fps. The switch2 is so long overdue.

**edit** Super Switch, that's what it should be called.

just watched a moblin on a horse swing a fucking giant club with a beehive duct taped to it at me... then get attacked by its own bees...

at which point it fell off the horse and I murdered it while it continued to get stung

this game is something

You are exaggerating a bit, rdr2 and zelda have similarities.
And nintendo as a console is in last place, so xbox has brilliant games, even better than ps5.
And I don't even count PC.
You confused something, ps5 and xbox x are far more powerful consoles and their games look a lot better than nintendo switch. games.
And the prices of the switch games are more expensive, even though all new games are expensive now.

Back