The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Oh yeah for sure. I still haven't even played BotW that much. I'm tempted to do play through with the emulator to 4k120 cuz I can't deal with the lower fps on the Switch anymore with some games.

will likely take years after release to be playable just like BOTW but the wait will be worth. Not sure what games yall are playing that are good enough to call BOTW relative trash but maybe you just played it on the wrong system

will likely take years after release to be playable just like BOTW but the wait will be worth. Not sure what games yall are playing that are good enough to call BOTW relative trash but maybe you just played it on the wrong system
Breath of The Wild was fine at launch. I put like 200 hours on it with my brand new (at the time) Switch.
Load times were the only real complaint.

I'm a huge Zelda fan and I never even considered playing this due to the weapon breaking gameplay loop, also why i stopped playing dying light, nothing fun about that kind of gameplay.

I'm a huge Zelda fan and I never even considered playing this due to the weapon breaking gameplay loop, also why i stopped playing dying light, nothing fun about that kind of gameplay.
The master sword doesn't break, and it's not NEAR the problem people make it out to be. You'll generally have a crapload of weapons on you constantly. BOTW is a fantastic game to ignore over such a miniscule thing.

I've had to ignore hundreds (if not thousands) of good weapons because weapons don't break nearly fast enough for there to be a possibility to run out of them.

Oh? Another one of the Highest damage sword in the game? I already have 5!

I've had to ignore hundreds (if not thousands) of good weapons because weapons don't break nearly fast enough for there to be a possibility to run out of them.

Oh? Another one of the Highest damage sword in the game? I already have 5!
Indeed.

My annoyance with BoTW's weapon durability----is the way you switch weapons. I was always a little annoyed with the button press and then selecting something. And wanted a quiker way to switch weapons. Maybe there is a way, which I missed? Would be nice to be able to pre-set some quick change weapons and then simply tap a button, rather than entering a pause menu to select something.
Wasn't enough to keep me from playing. But, I think that, and the way you 'cook' items, were a couple of the most annoying aspects. And I'm not sure why the cooking wasn't addressed in gameplay tests before release.

You're really missing out. The weapon break just encourages you to experiment with different weapon types when fighting trash mobs but there's pretty much never a scarcity of weapons. You can also get the master sword which doesn't break. The only time it was ever an annoyance for me was if I was breaking shields shield surfing a lot but it really wasn't a big deal. It mightve been a slight issue in the starter area but I can't remember.

You're really missing out. The weapon break just encourages you to experiment with different weapon types when fighting trash mobs but there's pretty much never a scarcity of weapons. You can also get the master sword which doesn't break. The only time it was ever an annoyance for me was if I was breaking shields shield surfing a lot but it really wasn't a big deal. It mightve been a slight issue in the starter area but I can't remember.
And then once you figure out the weapons you do like you end up forced to play with the ones that you don't. An absolutely awful system which would have been vastly improved had the weapons just been able to be repaired; but I guess they didn't have enough ideas on what to put in chests other than another basic sword. Couple that with the cooking system and the restrictive stamina (at least in the early game) BotW ends up being the most tedious of the Zeldas IMO (even behind Zelda 2 and WW). The game felt so half-assed that it's unbelievable to me that people hold it in such high esteem. It pretty much just takes place on a map with copy-pasted goblin camps all over it, lacks any real dungeons, and most of the challenge comes from finding places to rest while your stamina regens.

I've tried to force myself through it three different times but just can't do it. I always end up thinking about how open-world Ubisoft games are less tedious as the combat, traversal, upgrade, etc. systems are more fleshed out and useable without going through 4 different menus every time you want to do something. Not to mention BotW's low-poly graphics (slowly climbing up another practically untextured smeary gray cliff, yay) and many drops below 30fps. The chinese knock-offs are better than BotW in almost every way and even they're not very good. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
He is not missing anything.

Nintendo is running a promotion where for $100 you can buy two “ vouchers” and each can be redeemed for one game. So I ended up pre-ordering tears of the Kingdom ($69) and Pikmin 4 ($59) for $100 plus tax. Bayonetta 3 was also an option. The vouchers can only be applied to certain games, but it worked for me.

Nintendo is running a promotion where for $100 you can buy two “ vouchers” and each can be redeemed for one game. So I ended up pre-ordering tears of the Kingdom ($69) and Pikmin 4 ($59) for $100 plus tax. Bayonetta 3 was also an option. The vouchers can only be applied to certain games, but it worked for me.
Nice catch!

These games leak as cartridge dumps. The cartridge dumps become available soon after retail cartridges enter the distribution system. The cartridges are dumped from softmodded Switches which have an unpatchable exploit in the boot loader. As long as Nintendo is releasing Switch cartridges this will just keep happening. If they didn't issue cartridges then the game wouldn't be pirated until release day on the E-Shop. Nintendo will never even recover the cost of the litigation against Gary Bowser from him.
we know, and no way they'll get all that out of bowser but theyll try.

Lol Nintendo went after GitHub with DMCA take downs of tools used to emulate the Switch.

Last edited:
The lock pick tool used to rip basically the bios off your Switch which you need to use on the emulator. Kinda point less cause you can find them every online.
Sounds like a tool to circumvent copy protection of the bios. Good takedown. Nice ninja edit re dmca vs dcma by the way ;).

Is playing this on an emulator the best way to experience it? I'm not advocating piracy, I have my pre-order and I'll keep it, but I'm wondering if the emulated experience will be light years ahead of the Switch experience (if and when the bugs are ironed out). 60 fps sounds mighty tempting...

Is playing this on an emulator the best way to experience it? I'm not advocating piracy, I have my pre-order and I'll keep it, but I'm wondering if the emulated experience will be light years ahead of the Switch experience (if and when the bugs are ironed out). 60 fps sounds mighty tempting...
Probably, yes. Keep your preorder, but which (or both!) platform to play on is up to you then I think is fair to say.

Sounds like a tool to circumvent copy protection of the bios. Good takedown. Nice ninja edit re dmca vs dcma by the way ;).
Just a matter of time before somebody reverse engineers the BIOS like they did with the GBA and PSX, which is why you can download both legally these days.

Excitement about ToTK will likely increase donations to emulator developers. I'm sure they will be working harder than ever on Yuzu and RyujinX. But, it will probably be at least a month or two, before ToTK plays smoothly on the best CPUs. and maybe longer, before basically all of the bugs are fixed and more moderate CPUs can handle it.

Last edited:
Back