LeviathanZERO

Supreme [H]ardness
This Sunday (In NA anyway....)

The reviews are pouring in:
96% on metacritic, 14 reviews so far.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d

I like how eurogamer laid it down:
"This game is one of the greatest things that video games have ever achieved."

I cant wait. I haven't played this one in over 10 years,and I am so ready to jump into the completely upgrade world of Hyrule. Epic adventure, in 3D. Stoked. The graphics are way better than I thought, they overhauled everything. Last thing I knew they weren't enhancing the sound, but evidently it was upgraded, with the ending theme being completely orchestrated.

A Classic.
Restored.

Game on.

I can't believe people are excited about a game 12 years old, is this the best Nintendo can do for the 3DS?

This Sunday (In NA anyway....)

The reviews are pouring in:
96% on metacritic, 14 reviews so far.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d

I like how eurogamer laid it down:
"This game is one of the greatest things that video games have ever achieved."

I cant wait. I haven't played this one in over 10 years,and I am so ready to jump into the completely upgrade world of Hyrule. Epic adventure, in 3D. Stoked. The graphics are way better than I thought, they overhauled everything. Last thing I knew they weren't enhancing the sound, but evidently it was upgraded, with the ending theme being completely orchestrated.

A Classic.
Restored.

Game on.

I can't believe people are excited about a game 12 years old, is this the best Nintendo can do for the 3DS?

Apparently you didn't read the OP.

I kind of want to get a 3ds to play this. For you 3ds owners out there what are your favorite games for the system?

I kind of want to get a 3ds to play this. For you 3ds owners out there what are your favorite games for the system?

I heard lots of praise for Super Street Fighter 4, other than that, I haven't heard of much else, but this game is most definitely gonna be a killer app.

My problem with getting a 3DS is, I don't wanna drop 3 C notes on the system and game and just have only one game I'm interested in.

I DO want this game, I'm just waiting for the software library to grow before buying one, because this title will be sold for years, no doubt.

I especially want Castlevania games.

I have SSF4, Dead or Alive: Dimensions, and Ridge Racer 3D.
Believe it or not, Ridge Racer 3D is pretty freakin awesome. My log says I've played 74 hours, but i think theres something wrong there. OOT is definitely what I've been waiting for. Cant wait to see the upgrades, and evidently there are lots.

I especially want Castlevania games.

OMG, how did I forget about the magnificent Castlevania games on DS? If only IGA would say something about the next one, I havent heard anything about a 3DS Castlevania game. That is DEFINITELY something I want to see, especially after the AMAZING Order of Ecclesia.

Well, I still have the 3 DS games. Gonna have to play them again, but definitely not THIS weekend! :)

It's a shame that Nintendo treats Majora's Mask like the black sheep of the family. I'd rather see MM updated than OoT... they could even flesh it out and add another dungeon or two. I understand why that's not the case however.

Zelda commercial with Robin Williams and his daughter, ....Zelda?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bINUfbLV_0M"]YouTube - ‪Ocarina of Time 3D - Robin Williams Commercial‬‏[/ame]

EDIT: fixed link, srry

Robin Williams named his daughter after the Zelda character, he's a big fan of Zelda. You should also know that he has a personal fondness for Gundam and he collects the figure (figurines?) of them.

I did not know that.
Interesting.

BTW, found out if you register this game, Nintendo will send you the soundtrack in the mail, free.

Celebrate the 25th Anniversary of The Legend of Zelda™ with the Official Soundtrack CD, a collector's item specially created for The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time™ 3D game launch!

Official Soundtrack Features:
50 tracks from the game, many never before released.
1 fully orchestrated medley specially recorded for the soundtrack.
Liner notes include new character illustrations created for the Nintendo 3DS release, and a special message from Mr. Miyamoto and Mr. Kondo.

Nice!

I just started my first run through OoT myself on my Xperia Play. No updated graphics or 3d, but the res looks a bit higher. I've only played a couple of hours so far and I'm already liking it better than Twilight Princess.

I just started my first run through OoT myself on my Xperia Play. No updated graphics or 3d, but the res looks a bit higher. I've only played a couple of hours so far and I'm already liking it better than Twilight Princess.

Just wait till the Water Temple, then it's all over for you.

NO GUIDES, NO CHEATING :p

Sweet, gamespot just posted a 20 min play through (early part of the game, no real spoilers)
http://www.gamespot.com/shows/now-playing/?event=now_playing_zelda_ocarina_of_time_3d20110615

The graphics have been totally revamped! The game looks great, but I must say the most striking difference is the solid 30fps compared to the n64's 15-20fps. Looks and feels like a totally different game, its soooo much more fluid, and check out the new animation, wow what a difference. Now I really cant wait to play this, .... again!

I never thought the water temple was that bad. Switching boots is a pain, but it's actually probably my favorite of the OoT temples.

Robin Williams named his daughter after the Zelda character, he's a big fan of Zelda. You should also know that he has a personal fondness for Gundam and he collects the figure (figurines?) of them.

Gotta hand it to him , his movies lately have sucked (well lately being the last 10-15 years) but he's always managed to stay interesting regardless. Plus he should keep the beard , that beard is magical.

Just imagine she's named after Zelda Fitzgerald if it bothers you, since that's essentially the case. ;)

Just wait till the Water Temple, then it's all over for you.

NO GUIDES, NO CHEATING :p

That dungeon was crazy hard when I was a kid. I spent a good week trying to beat the Water Temple. Now that I'm older, the fastest I can beat it now is about 2 to 3 hours. I can't wait to try it again on the 3DS.

The Water Temple was sadistic at times. There would be moments I would get stuck and my mind blanks because I'm lost at what to do next. Then, the next day I'd get this light bulb moment in my head and realize that I was making it look difficult than it really is. :p

Those were good times. I have yet to find a game in the current generation that forces you to think or give that same feeling Ocarina of Time gave me. Closest was Twilight Princess on the Wii but I don't recall anything as challenging as the Water Temple since OoT.

This game sounds so great. I wish it was enough to get me to buy a 3DS but I'm going to wait for more quality titles like this.

But I will say good on Nintendo for getting this out the door and done right.

im intrigued so i picked it up for the sony ericsson xperia play. looks pretty good so far....

Success!
Wow, I just got inside the deku tree, what a game. The graphics are a huge step up from the n64 its not even funny. The intro just sent shivers down my spine, its been soooo many years since I've played this game. The way the 3D makes the logo come out at you, nice surprise. Just had to take it all in. I got my favorite brew, A/C on, chillaxin on the couch. Who knows how long I'm gonna play tonight, I'm already not wanting to put it down.

BTW, whats with you guys on the xperia? What version of the game is on there? Is it on a emulator or are they selling it in an app store? Obviously no 3D, I am curious though.

Success!
Wow, I just got inside the deku tree, what a game. The graphics are a huge step up from the n64 its not even funny. The intro just sent shivers down my spine, its been soooo many years since I've played this game. The way the 3D makes the logo come out at you, nice surprise. Just had to take it all in. I got my favorite brew, A/C on, chillaxin on the couch. Who knows how long I'm gonna play tonight, I'm already not wanting to put it down.

BTW, whats with you guys on the xperia? What version of the game is on there? Is it on a emulator or are they selling it in an app store? Obviously no 3D, I am curious though.
Its just the n64 version on an emulator, exactly the same but just higher res at 854x480, and quick loading.
Im just collecting rupees to buy a shield then to the tree.

Last edited:
Its just the n64 version on an emulator, exactly the same but just higher res at 854x480, and quick loading.
Im just collecting rupees to buy a shield then to the tree.

Is ocarina worth playing through on an emulator?
I've always heard good things, but just never got around to playing it.

Alright, made it to Hyrule castle last tonight and you guys should know that the 3D in this game is just ridiculous. Best 3D of any game I've played so far, it just looks incredible. Another thing is the gyroscopic aiming, so natural and accurate, super responsive, I love it. So much depth. This is a remake done right, feels like a brand new game.

Worth the price of admission. If I didn't have a 3DS already, this is definitely the system seller.

GET!
And be happy. :)

Going to play more, peace out!

Oh yeah baby this version is killer! I just beat Dodongo's cavern and the 3D effect and graphics in general are killer! Even in 2D the visual upgrade is massive. The machine itself is pretty nice. I forsee some excellent gaming on this machine.

Is ocarina worth playing through on an emulator?
I've always heard good things, but just never got around to playing it.

that's how the gamecube versions are done, via emulation...I got the zelda collection on disk and it kind of erked me that they did not include the SNES verion ( A link to the past)

Yes. Zelda has been on a long, slow downslide ever since OoT. Every post OoT Zelda is inferior in some way. The magic is slipping away. But hey, now you can play this classic with sub Gamecube level graphics and in 3D, so there's that.

Yes. Zelda has been on a long, slow downslide ever since OoT. Every post OoT Zelda is inferior in some way. The magic is slipping away. But hey, now you can play this classic with sub Gamecube level graphics and in 3D, so there's that.

Cause graphics are always everything:rolleyes:
Keep threadcrapping moron, I'm sure you'll last long here.

I am trying to decide if I should get a 3ds for this or wait for vita.

Zelda 3DS by itself is a really good reason to get a 3DS, but personally, I'm right there with you at this juncture. I am simply going to wait untill I see the software library for BOTH systems get a little stronger before plunking down the cashola for either.

I have a feeling I will get a 3DS at some point, so I might pick up some of the best software early, so that if they go out of print, I'll still have my copy.

That's always been a problem with portable gaming, once a game goes out of print, that's IT.

Just look at the Tactics Ogre games.

Zelda 3DS by itself is a really good reason to get a 3DS, but personally, I'm right there with you at this juncture. I am simply going to wait untill I see the software library for BOTH systems get a little stronger before plunking down the cashola for either.

I have a feeling I will get a 3DS at some point, so I might pick up some of the best software early, so that if they go out of print, I'll still have my copy.

That's always been a problem with portable gaming, once a game goes out of print, that's IT.

Just look at the Tactics Ogre games.

As long as it has not been out of print for to long you should have no problem picking it up on ebay or something though. After a while they can start getting pricey though, I remember selling a PS1 game I got at a yard sale for over $100 on ebay one time...I wish I remembered the name.

But yeah I might wait a bit longer as well even though I really want to play Ocarina 3D.

First of all anyone with even a passing interest in Ocarina should RUN, DON'T WALK, RUN to buy 3DS and Ocarina 3D. It is GREAT and not to be missed. The graphics have been totally remastered and have an HD like quality. They did it in a subtle, respectful way, but the upgrade is there. Sometimes it is easy to take the upgrade for granted since it is more of a restoration than a remake. The art style is unchanged. In 2D mode, what you have is a gorgeously remastered Ocarina. In 3D mode, you have a remastered Ocarina that has actual depth. It is more than just a gimmicky effect, and clearly, Ocarina was always a 3D game in the minds of the developers, but the technology simply has not existed to fully see it until now. While the game itself has not changed, each section oddly seems perfectly adapted to 3D play.

One thing I must admit, however, is that with 3D engaged you do lose a bit of graphical fidelity. Some of the subtleties of the graphics come through better in 2D mode, which is a totally viable way to play.

This is the same game we've played a 100 times of course but when I sit down with it, the new graphics and 3D are simply enough to compel me to play it all over again.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

First of all anyone with even a passing interest in Ocarina should RUN, DON'T WALK, RUN to buy 3DS and Ocarina 3D. It is GREAT and not to be missed. The graphics have been totally remastered and have an HD like quality. They did it in a subtle, respectful way, but the upgrade is there. Sometimes it is easy to take the upgrade for granted since it is more of a restoration than a remake. The art style is unchanged. In 2D mode, what you have is a gorgeously remastered Ocarina. In 3D mode, you have a remastered Ocarina that has actual depth. It is more than just a gimmicky effect, and clearly, Ocarina was always a 3D game in the minds of the developers, but the technology simply has not existed to fully see it until now. While the game itself has not changed, each section oddly seems perfectly adapted to 3D play.

One thing I must admit, however, is that with 3D engaged you do lose a bit of graphical fidelity. Some of the subtleties of the graphics come through better in 2D mode, which is a totally viable way to play.

This is the same game we've played a 100 times of course but when I sit down with it, the new graphics and 3D are simply enough to compel me to play it all over again.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

This is true.
The game uses 2x AA when switching to 2D. Overall, in both modes, it looks incredible. HD quality for the screen size indeed.

Give in... its freaking awesome
Got it yesterday, haven't had the chance to play much

My only gripe is NO fucking orchestrated soundtrack... 1 track just doesn't cut it

Wonder how long it will take before the game is hacked apart insearch of the triforce!11

Originally OoT were going to have an ice and wind dungeon, hence ice and wind symbols on the medallions. My question is did they change them to correctly symbolize forest/water or did they leave them alone?

Back