The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Official Trailer

I'll assume its for the NX. Not impressed at all after watching the one made with UE

Cel-shaded graphics again whhhyyyyyyyyyyy
Looks like a mix of cel shading and texturing going on. It's a very weird aesthetic choice that I am confused with. It certainly doesn't make the low resolution in use look any better.

Have they announced what sort of silly gimmick they'll make you put up with to experience it? I just couldn't stand Skyward Sword's gimmicky controls and terrible graphics.

Cell shading is alright by me, I'm glad all games don't look the same.

I wish they'd come out with some new IPs...
People only buy Nintendo consoles for the established first-party intellectual properties, though.
Have they announced what sort of silly gimmick they'll make you put up with to experience it? I just couldn't stand Skyward Sword's gimmicky controls and terrible graphics.

Cell shading is alright by me, I'm glad all games don't look the same.
Probably the same second screen nonsense they pulled in Star Fox.

This doesn't look very good. Looks very reminiscent of the "new era" of nintendo games. Bland and pathetically easy.

I want an RPG with somebody who isn't as effiminate as possible. Is there really a need for an overacted fist pump after boiling some fruit? Nintendo has no idea who their target audience is.

This doesn't look very good. Looks very reminiscent of the "new era" of nintendo games. Bland and pathetically easy.

I want an RPG with somebody who isn't as effiminate as possible. Is there really a need for an overacted fist pump after boiling some fruit? Nintendo has no idea who their target audience is.

Nintendo knows exactly who their target audience is, and this game is going to sell like hotcakes.

Those aren't cel shaded. And they are absolutely beautifull

If not cel-shaded, then what are they? Looks like cel shading to me.

Wind Waker was cool and the art style really fit the aesthetic and sort of the theme as well (everyone looked like kids?). I don't think it works for every Zelda game and I'd much rather have the classic Zelda graphical style on this one.

Also, the world in this new one looks HUGE but also really empty. Hopefully it's just set pieces for the trailer.

Those aren't cel shaded. And they are absolutely beautiful.
Look at the scene with the horse in the field past the halfway point. It's most obvious here. Like I said: looks like there is a mix of texturing and cel shading going on. I wonder if they did this out of necessity (running out of memory, if their world is as big as they say).

Nintendo knows exactly who their target audience is, and this game is going to sell like hotcakes.

You are a fanboi, and NOTHING nintendo has done in years has sold like hot-cakes.

I really wish Nintendo would give up the hardware business.

I'd like to play this game but there is no way I'm buying a Nintendo console to do it. I made the mistake with the Wii and won't ever make that mistake again. If they can get back to basics, their games, they'd be back in the game in no time. Too bad they've doubled down on their marketing strategy: "Make barely decent games to move shitty hardware".

You are a fanboi, and NOTHING nintendo has done in years has sold like hot-cakes.

3DS has sold 60 Million units...
6 Games for it sold over 10 million units each as well

Even their DS line has sold several tens of millions of units over past few years

155 Million total over past 12 years

I really wish Nintendo would give up the hardware business.

Take all of their money if you want to turn them into Sega. As long as they are sitting on such fat stacks, they will be the Apple of video gaming. And they can certainly afford to be, with the 3DS still printing money for them.

This looks amazing and I can't wait to play it. The gameplay they've shown so far in the livestream is nuts.

I'll be buying an NX and this Zelda game to go with it.

I also have a Wii U, but anticipate that the NX version will be much better.

While the Wii U has been a "flop" commercially, I use it far more than my PS4 for gaming with my wife as it actually has games she will play. A Nintendo console is a perfect compliment to a gaming PC (IMHO).

Maybe I fit the niche demographic of "kids" who grew up in the 80's and 90's that is nostalgic for these IP's, but Nintendo is doing something right even if the sales numbers don't reflect it.

While the Wii U has been a "flop" commercially, I use it far more than my PS4 for gaming with my wife as it actually has games she will play. A Nintendo console is a perfect compliment to a gaming PC (IMHO).

Maybe I fit the niche demographic of "kids" who grew up in the 80's and 90's that is nostalgic for these IP's, but Nintendo is doing something right even if the sales numbers don't reflect it.
^This.

Seriously, some of the salty people I see posting here have probably never even touched a Wii U.

Watching the livestream....dat pop-in, wow.

Looks fun for sure, I just wish Nintendo would up their graphics game. It seriously looks last gen at best.

I’d wait and see which is better. After the Twilight Princess debacle I’m already worried about the NX version.

In case you don’t know Zelda: TP was first a Gamecube game ported to Wii. Of course they hyped the Wii version but it ended up being the more frustrating game to play due to forced waggle controls. The Gamecube version my not have wide screen support but gameplay was fun.

I find opinions on Zelda: TP very greatly depending on which version they played first. Spoiler, people who played it on Gamecube love it. Most Wii users loath it.

1. Mario Kart 8 2014 Racing Nintendo 3.10
2. New Super Mario Bros. U 2012 Platform Nintendo 2.33
3. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS 2014 Fighting Nintendo 2.76
4. Nintendo Land 2012 Misc Nintendo 2.54
5. Splatoon 2015 Shooter Nintendo 1.69
6. Super Mario 3D World 2013 Platform Nintendo 2.09
7. Super Mario Maker 2015 Platform Nintendo 1.15
8. New Super Luigi U 2013 Platform Nintendo 1.27
9. Wii Party U 2013 Misc Nintendo 0.33

Like hotcakes lol, these sales numbers are effin pathetic bro
VGChartz? Why don't you get the numbers straight from the source?

Wii U worldwide software sales as of March 31, 2016
  1. Mario Kart 8: 7.50 million
  2. New Super Mario Bros. U: 5.19 million
  3. Nintendo Land: 5.07 million
  4. Super Mario 3D World: 4.82 million
  5. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 4.80 million
  6. Splatoon: 4.27 million
  7. Super Mario Maker: 3.52 million
  8. New Super Luigi U: 2.49 million
  9. Mario Party 10: 1.76 million
  10. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD: 1.72 million
Considering worldwide sales of the console stands at 12.80 million as of the same date, I'd say that these software sales are pretty "hot" in relation for single platform releases. Compare that to Modern Warfare 3, which sold 30.7 million copies across 5 platforms (Windows, OSX, Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Wii) by the end of calendar year 2015, accounting for an average of just 6.14 million copies per platform.

I love all the Nintendo hate. Its almost like you people believe Sony and Microsoft loosing billions of dollars over the life of there last 2-3 consoles each is a good thing.

Nintendo is the ONLY console company turning a profit. I know it hurts if your a fan boy of "AAA" games... but its true. Nintendo wouldn't trade places with either of the other guys... cause you know they like to make money, and their shareholders don't mind either.

The sad truth is the "AAA" games don't make Sony or MS much if any cash at all. Frankly they spend money trying to woo those developers into exclusive deals, and the ones that aren't exclusive still get sweet almost nothing royalty deals because neither MS nor Sony can afford to have the big developers upset and signing some exclusive, or early launch deal the other way.

MS and Sony would kill for the quality of in house development at the N. The developers they buy up always cost them to much up front... almost always go over budget, and almost always under deliver. They aren't making money off the Activisions and EAs of the world... those guys publish their games on PS/xbox for better then free, they get paid to do it most of the time, and at the very least get a ton of costly support. That + hardware that looses you money on its way out the door isn't a great long term model. Sony has at last cooked their books enough to show a small profit on PS4 which they are going to kill off shortly with a hardware update... ditto for MS. I think the PS5 is going to be a very different beast... and I believe MS is still likely to sell off the xbox in the next few years.

Last edited:
I’d wait and see which is better. After the Twilight Princess debacle I’m already worried about the NX version.

In case you don’t know Zelda: TP was first a Gamecube game ported to Wii. Of course they hyped the Wii version but it ended up being the more frustrating game to play due to forced waggle controls. The Gamecube version my not have wide screen support but gameplay was fun.

I find opinions on Zelda: TP very greatly depending on which version they played first. Spoiler, people who played it on Gamecube love it. Most Wii users loath it.

Don't know what you're talking about. Played in on Wii first, loved it.

I think this trailer may be some early footage? Some scenes look incredibly detailed with great texture, others remind me of Saturday morning cartoons.

The gameplay mechanics hinted at in the trailer look great. I think I may be saving up for the NX.

This could be viewed as they know their fans will wait forever for nothing. How long have we been waiting for a new Zelda?

Surprisingly nothing major. Judging from the E3 livestream the WiiU gamepad is used for marking waypoints or such but thats it. Otherwise its 100% good old Zelda-style gamepad gameplay and aiming, with jumping and climbing mechanics added on top of it. I am glad they dropped the motion crap from gameplay too. I liked Skyward sword but the motion controls almost ruined the game. I wont be doing a second playthrough anytime soon.

This could be viewed as they know their fans will wait forever for nothing. How long have we been waiting for a new Zelda?

Ever since i bought WiiU on launch day. Metroid and Zelda are the only reason i bought the system, anticipating one of them will be released soon. I admit this was the last straw, after this game I am done with Nintendo. Either become a 3rd party game studio for Sony, M$ or PC or go home. I wont be buying another system for just two games (in case of WiiU it was sadly just one. New Metroid never came despite its anniversary year and Smash + mariokart and mario maker were just extra, not full AAA games in my book)

Back