The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Blackstone

2[H]4U
In 1991, I drooled over Nintendo Power articles showing A Link to the Past and I had to send my mom (I was 11 years old) on an emergency run to the local gaming store to pick up my copy for SNES, which the store would only hold for exactly one hour!! I had been on a waiting list for months, perhaps a year.

22 years later, the sequel is here and the critics are absolutely stoked. 91 on metacritic, and a few 100 scores from some heavy hitters!

Game Informer says : "This isn’t just a tribute; as amazing as A Link to the Past is, I can’t think of a single thing A Link Between Worlds doesn’t do better...In every way, A Link Between Worlds is exactly what you want out of a Zelda game." :) But I can't drool...I am at work! ;-)

Last edited:
After having read a number of these reviews, looks like I'll finally be caving and getting myself a 3DSXL.

Damn has it really been that long? I just replayed and beat LttP a few months ago, still hasn't lost its luster.

After having read a number of these reviews, looks like I'll finally be caving and getting myself a 3DSXL.

Check out Senran Kagura Burst. Basically, it's a 3D brawler with copious amounts of T & A, and was just released on the 3DS eShop yesterday.

T & A... in 3D!!!

By the way I upgraded to a 45MB/s 32 gb SD card and the performance increase in load times and system responsiveness was huge. SandDisk extreme.

Last edited:
Nice!

I have both a launch 3DS and a 3DS XL that see little use (was trying to get my girlfriend to play video games with me and Mario Kart seemed like my only hope). This game should be the perfect excuse to wipe the dust off them. :p

I'm gonna download it I like having my library on board so I don't have to fuss with cards.

Ah I love me some legend of zelda! Looks like that $150 3dsXL deal on black friday is just in time for this game. Probably check out that new pokemon game too.

I will probably pick this up as well. Ive always been a big Zelda fan.

After I beat super Mario bros 2 on my 3DS I pretty much stopped playing it. I couldn't get into monster hunter. Should be good.

i guess, ill get this so i can play pokemon x/y as well, been reading plenty of good things about that but never played pokemon before.

I want this soooooooooo bad as A Link To The Past is my favorite Zelda. I however don't need another toy. :/

I want this soooooooooo bad as A Link To The Past is my favorite Zelda. I however don't need another toy. :/

This :(

My last handheld was the original DS.

I have a feeling if I cave in and get a new DS its going to be downhill for my wallet. Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda... ughhh must resist

This :(

My last handheld was the original DS.

I have a feeling if I cave in and get a new DS its going to be downhill for my wallet. Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda... ughhh must resist

This! Also I have been craving old school JRPG's. Is the DS a good system for JRPG's?

Last edited:
This! Also I have been craving old school JRPG's. Is the DS a good system for JRPG's?

Fire Emblem, Tales of the Abyss, Etrian Oddessy 1 (remake) and 4, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, Paper Mario, Shin Megami Tensei... there's more, but those are what come to mind.

Mmm Zelda edition 3DS XL, can't wait. I'll be there on Black Friday picking one up for sure. Never had a 3DS before, but I've played the one I bought for my GF last Christmas. I've always been lured more towards the Vita, but I can't pass up a Zelda game.

Mmm Zelda edition 3DS XL, can't wait. I'll be there on Black Friday picking one up for sure. Never had a 3DS before, but I've played the one I bought for my GF last Christmas. I've always been lured more towards the Vita, but I can't pass up a Zelda game.

I think if you preordered the new Zelda game, you got a download code for Oracle of Seasons as a VC download on the 3DS. I bought it already, so it didn't interest me specifically.

Trust me, though, the 3DS has a strong library of games going for it right now.

Strongly considering a 3DSXL now, as there are some good deals and this Zelda one is pretty good as well. Only issue is, I have a DS and I barely ever play it so I wonder if I would use the 3DSXL as much as I think.

Strongly considering a 3DSXL now, as there are some good deals and this Zelda one is pretty good as well. Only issue is, I have a DS and I barely ever play it so I wonder if I would use the 3DSXL as much as I think.

Same here, I sold my DS a while back but enjoyed the shit out of dragon quest games! I think ima pick up another soon.

OMG I HAVE THE GAME! Insanely addicting! It is like A Link to the Past in HD 3D. Graphics are much better than expected. Gameplay is crazy fun. This is a must play!

OMG I HAVE THE GAME! Insanely addicting! It is like A Link to the Past in HD 3D. Graphics are much better than expected. Gameplay is crazy fun. This is a must play!

This. The gold 3DS with the triforce is also pretty neat.

This is going to kill me. I've spent my budget on games for this month and have to wait until next month to pick this one up. Both this and Super Mario 3D... ugh...

Oh, well -- I still have a few games that I should probably finish first, anyways...

I've only played it for a short bit, but the game has a really good look and feel. The framerate is really rock solid and makes it feel really smooth.

I've only played it for a short bit, but the game has a really good look and feel. The framerate is really rock solid and makes it feel really smooth.

The one area I have a major issue with the game is music. Nothing's really jumped out at me. This is also something's that's plagued the Mario series too imo. Music is far too overlooked, but can have a dramatic effect on games.

The one area I have a major issue with the game is music. Nothing's really jumped out at me. This is also something's that's plagued the Mario series too imo. Music is far too overlooked, but can have a dramatic effect on games.

I think the music is good. They've switched a lot of it over to actual recorded instruments. Super Mario 3D World is supposed to have an orchestra, or something like that.

Considering buying my daughter a 3ds xl on black Friday just for this game. Then imma play it.

Plus she can play all her ds games on it I think

You know Nintendo CAN do music right if they wanted. Look(or listen?) to Super Metriod.

Back