The Latest Battlefield V: Firestorm Reveal Trailer Details Battle Royale Mode

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by cageymaru, Mar 14, 2019.

1. cageymaru

cageymaru [H]ard as it Gets

Electronic Arts has released the Battlefield V: Firestorm reveal trailer that details the game's new 64-player Battle Royale mode. It will feature a ring of fire that slowly creeps in to shrink the map, squad revives, artillery strikes, combat vehicles, high-reward objectives that offer the best loot, and the signature Battlefield V weapons and gun mechanics. The Battle Royale mode will be available to all Battlefield V players on March 25. Battlefield V is currently 50% off on Origin.

Firestorm is Battle Royale, Reimagined for Battlefield. Dominate on the largest Battlefield map ever with epic weapons and combat vehicles as a deadly ring of fire closes in. Scavenge, fight and survive to become the last squad standing. The fury of Firestorm will grow after launch, with new features and improvements coming to all Battlefield V players, including an initial introduction of a Duos mode in April as part of Chapter 3: Trial by Fire.

2. Zarathustra[H]

Zarathustra[H] Official Forum Curmudgeon

Is anyone taking bets on whether or not this will reverse the financial fiasco Battlefield V has been for EA thus far? :p

3. HeadRusch

HeadRusch [H]ard|Gawd

Do you know a lot of people desperate for another version of Battle Royale that involves Tractors and Artillery Pieces.........I'm thinking they're funked on this one.

4. Zarathustra[H]

Zarathustra[H] Official Forum Curmudgeon

I didn't know a lot of people desperate for a Battle Royale game in which characters turn into 8 story buildings when shot at, yet somehow that was a success, so I have just given up on trying to predict these things.

I feel like we have already hit peak Battle Royale though. Everyone releasing a Battle Royale title now is just obviously "me too" and that tends to turn off consumers.

We'll see.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    MrGuvernment, HeadRusch and Rahh like this.
  5. Rahh

Rahh [H]ard|Gawd

better than COD which isn't saying much...

6. TangledThornz

TangledThornz Gawd

I'll stick with BF4 rush maps.

7. gunbust3r

gunbust3r Gawd

I'd be sort of excited if it was free and their eco system was not chalk full of hardcore cheaters.

8. undone

undone n00b

Great video, too bad pug play is a nightmare on a good day....and I havent played a BR game, the whole loot management thing is a turn off.

9. purple_monster

purple_monster Limp Gawd

tbg servers? see you there!

TangledThornz likes this.
  10. Verge

Verge [H]ardness Supreme

I'll be sniping, so go ahead and capture those points for me... i'll have a great view of the action

11. TangledThornz

TangledThornz Gawd

Yep! Fair warning, depending on the map I do like to UCAV :)

12. tetris42

tetris42 [H]ardness Supreme

I hope we get a wave of "me too"s for when Cyberpunk 2077 comes out, ushering in a new cyberpunk era.

13. Riccochet

Riccochet Off Topic Award

it'll do well for 2 weeks, then people will get quickly tired of it and go back to Apex and PUBG. Hackers will move in, EA will stop patching it and it'll be dead in 4-6 months.

14. travm

travm Limp Gawd

It's so annoying they passed up an opportunity to make a great WW2 game, in order to make a shitty BR game. I had such high hopes for this game. No Doritos, improved mechanics. But they done fucked up.

15. EQvet80

EQvet80 [H]Lite

Patches inc...
    What a great opportunity for more beloved micro transactions.

16. TechLarry

TechLarry Can't find the G Spot

I will say the constraining circle is the best looking one yet.