The latest AVP?

I think most people who've played the retail version, like it. The demo was junk, and a lot of people based their opinions off that.

I had a lot of fun with the Alien and Predator single player campaigns. I haven't played multiplayer yet, dedicated servers still haven't been fully implemented, but they're supposedly working on that.

lots of ppl, including myself dont like it.

not really, just because you don't like it doesn't mean "lots of people dont"

I find this game to be extremely fun, but the demo is horrible IMO..

the actual game is quite fun to enjoy just for campaign itself....

took my a long time to beat Alien and Marine campaign, still have predator to go..

Has anybody played it? Worth picking up?

I thought it was good. I played the Multiplayer Demo. It looks , feels and plays like the original ones for the PC. I have not played the Singleplayer but alot of people are enjoying it. I think it would be worth buying if your a fan of the Alien and Predator movies or a Sci-Fi fan in general.

The single player was good fun,haven't played too much of multiplayer yet.

I want to play and hace been the resident AVP whore here. I just cant afford to upgrade till summer,

Youre gonna love the acid spitting aliens!:rolleyes: Somehow I never noticed those in any of the movies :rolleyes: Oh and the marine has a block button! :rolleyes: I never thought id play mortal kombat with xenos...

I just ordered it from the g0g@mer deal and should have it in a few days. I was going to wait for a further price reduction but I've been itching for a new game and my brother is enjoying it on his X360.

I played the shit out of the original and AVP2 and I love the franchise in general (original movies and comics, newer movies have been pretty lack-luster).

The demo was flawed but showed promise and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm finding alot of critically acclaimed games just don't have much appeal to me so I'm choosing to selectively ignore alot of the reviews out there now.

I think this one, for most people, will come down to whether or not you are a fan of the franchise. To me, fewer in-game experiences can top claiming a trophy as a predator.

Youre gonna love the acid spitting aliens!:rolleyes: Somehow I never noticed those in any of the movies :rolleyes: Oh and the marine has a block button! :rolleyes: I never thought id play mortal kombat with xenos...

You're going to have a seizure withh all that eyerolling.

Anyway, I think the game is pretty good, worth the retail cost for me.

I'd say go for it. Multiplayer is pretty fun. They just patched it again on 3/01, and plenty of dedicated servers are up now.

Alien Resurrection had an acid spitting alien, did it not?

We pretend this movie doesn't exist.

Anyways, Aliens take on the characteristics of their host bodies, so it is entirely possible that spitting aliens can occur. Think the comic series had a series of different and unique aliens that the predators bred. But it has been a good 15 years or so since I read them /shrug

it's "ok"

haven't played it too much, but I was pretty disappointed with the little amount I did play it so far. That may change though.

If you're a fan of the franchise, than I'd say it's probably worth it. If you're on the fence though, I'd wait for a price drop

I like it, it's like the original for the pc, with a few changes. I wish they would of brought some of the weapons back, and left the flamethrower alone, the effects in the first one was way better than the newer one. I also don't like that you can't carry more weapons. All in all though, it's awesome, I'd recommend it to anyone.

I wouldn't pay attention to what the people who only played the demo have to say. The retail version is good. Singleplayer was fun and multiplayer is similar to the previous AvP games.

I don't like it. It's all really really nice to look at, but not engaging at all. I'm very aware that as a marine, I'm in a doom-style corridor shooter(go here, get key, oh look a monster closet!). A lot of games boil down to this in the end, but they at least go to some lengths to dress it up and disguise it with interesting events. This game doesn't really make any effort to disguise how thin the premise is.

As a predator, fighting marines is just hunting blind and deaf sheep, and fighting aliens is just mashing left click with the occasional block thrown in.

Being an alien is still as fun as ever, and unfortunately, it's also the shortest part of the game.

Online is kinda fun though, but I don't really like to play online as much these days.

the marine campaign was a letdown, looked forward to that most, it was just not very interesting and short, and the end just silly.

It won't take long at the rate things are going for this game: When this game is about $20-$25 new from GG 48 hour madness or something like that I'll probably buy it.

It's well worth €20 quid,which is exactly how much i paid for it!

Last edited:
Back