The Last of Us: Part II

I read an article recently (don’t recall where but I think it was posted on Reddit) stating it was more to do with Naughty Dog not being sure what direction they want to take the series from here. Either way, I’m a brand new fan to the series and I already can’t wait for another game. Both games were such a phenomenal and unique experience.
Well the article says they already have the outline of the story, so it's more about not being sure where they want to take the company next. New Uncharetd game, completely new IP, or TLOU3.

IF they do another TLoU game, Ellie and Joel and Abby are done. Give us brand new characters.

The way Uncharted ended, they wrote themselves into a tough spot, with the news clippings of all of the Drake's explorations. So they'll have to do new characters, but what myths that weren't touched on?

I think they'll do a new IP. I'm not holding my breath for their sequels, don't get me wrong, I'd love them, but I expect a new game first.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
IF they do another TLoU game, Ellie and Joel and Abby are done. Give us brand new characters.

The way Uncharted ended, they wrote themselves into a tough spot, with the news clippings of all of the Drake's explorations. So they'll have to do new characters, but what myths that weren't touched on?

I think they'll do a new IP. I'm not holding my breath for their sequels, don't get me wrong, I'd love them, but I expect a new game first.
Time for new IPs. I don't like games to continue with different characters.

Time for new IPs. I don't like games to continue with different characters.

I liked The Lost Legacy. They were existing characters, but not main characters. That'd be okay.

I agree though, I prefer a new series

I liked The Lost Legacy. They were existing characters, but not main characters. That'd be okay.

I agree though, I prefer a new series
I didn't. I brought it day one and it didn't grab me like the uncharted games. I never finished it.

I didn't. I brought it day one and it didn't grab me like the uncharted games. I never finished it.
I finished lost legacy, ironically it is much woker than TLOU2, but it's not ruining the experience yet. It was more like Tomb Raider I think than uncharted. But I've never finished any of the other uncharted games so all of the characters were new to me.

I still haven't bought TLoU2, I do want it but I just can't get myself to buy it because I am sure they will remaster it for PS5 at some point and I'd rather wait and play that version. I mean I checked out and played like an hour or so of Spider-Man (original) that was remastered for the PS5 that came with Spider-Man Miles Morales, but I don't see myself playing through it again anytime soon.

There was a pretty large gap between TLoU1 and 2. A little time between 2 and 3 might not be a bad thing. It'll give everyone time to think about what it should/could be instead of a knee-jerk immediate follow-up.

I still want an Uncharted game that focuses on Sully. They've spent a lot of time building up his backstory and there are still plenty of places in the world that they've never touched.

Well, the haters might have won folks. Dr. Uckmann briefly talked about it in a podcast and revealed that Naughty Dog is not working on The Last of Us 3, or any other big project at the moment, and their next big game might not be The Last of Us 3.
So the takeaway here is even if they decide to make it, since it's not even in pre-production yet it probably won't see the light of day until the very end of the decade. What a shame.

The scoop is by ign, so only archive link because ign is woke trash, unlike this game.

I doubt it has anything to do with the "haters" or any other negative coverage/reactions of the games, and more to do with the direction Druckman and the rest of the ND studios want to take the studio into. I guarantee they're sitting on a handful of decent story concepts for other games they're interested in pursuing. I'm sure many layman gamers out there would assume Sony would pressure ND into playing it safe and sticking with their existing IPs for guaranteed profit, but all evidence I have seen from interviews of major 1st party studios, Sony is incredibly liberal with them and their decisions to take their games in any direction they feel pulled to. Most recent example of that was Horizon: Zero Dawn from the Guerilla Games, which was a complete departure (even in genre) from their previous Killzone series of games. But also God of War, which is also completely different game compared to the previous ones in the perspective you have of Kratos and how the game plays.

As a huge fan of both TLoU games and all Uncharted games, and as I'm sure many other fans would agree with; I think it's time for ND to start a new IP rather than keep milking the existing Uncharted and TLoU series. Although I'm sure they could definitely branch off both IPs into new character and story arcs that may or may not intertwine with the existing ones, I would just like to see a change in setting for their next game rather than rehashing everything they've done so far. My dream would be for them to start a suspenseful Sci-Fi series along the lines of Mass Effect and Dead Space or something, but with the ND flair for strong character developments and production values. I can't get enough Sci-Fi in my life though, whether it be in games, movies, or books, so I'm not sure that'd be a popular enough genre for them or not.

I doubt it has anything to do with the "haters" or any other negative coverage/reactions of the games,
Still the salt keeps flowing to this day. I doubt it is not a factor in their decision making at least on a semi conscious level. Do we do a game that will inevitably face a hate campaign possibly even fiercer than the last one, or start off fresh?

As a huge fan of both TLoU games and all Uncharted games, and as I'm sure many other fans would agree with; I think it's time for ND to start a new IP rather than keep milking the existing Uncharted and TLoU series.
That's true for Uncharted, after all there have been how many 5 or 6 games already? But TLOU only had two games, I Think there is certainly room for at least one more.

Still the salt keeps flowing to this day. I doubt it is not a factor in their decision making at least on a semi conscious level. Do we do a game that will inevitably face a hate campaign possibly even fiercer than the last one, or start off fresh?

That's true for Uncharted, after all there have been how many 5 or 6 games already? But TLOU only had two games, I Think there is certainly room for at least one more.

Meh, I still doubt it is a factor and if it's at the semi-conscious level then it's hardly relevant still and I think the controversy would push them towards doing another TLoU game, not away from it. Druckman has cited in many interviews that many of the decisions he made for the last game were intentionally controversial and that most of the "woke" arguments were anticipated before the game was released or even leaked (I've linked the intervew previously in the thread somewhere). So all of that had to have factored into any subsequent sequels as well. Usually controversy surrounding a game is a good thing for sales and PR still given that it's about its subjective creative decisions and not for some administrative issue like micro-transactions or conduct within the studio.

There's definitely room for at least one more TLoU too, I was just saying personally that I would prefer them to go with a new IP now. If anything they're probably more apt to do another TLoU game with the HBO series to coincide with it for the next few years (assuming it will be successful enough to be green-lit for additional seasons). Either way I'm pretty interested in whatever they do next in spite of whatever controversy surrounds them.

Exclusive: The Last of Us Part 2 PS5 Patch- 60FPS Upgrade Tested!

Came here to post this.

Holy balls, it's about time. I figured they were waiting to remaster it again for PS5 at this point. You'd think Sony's biggest studio and title would have been one of the first ones to patch the game after the PS5 launch. So I wonder wtf took them so long and if they'll do Uncharted 4 too soon.

Prolly never since I think Sony is still saving it's biggest exclusives for the console.
This. People are dumb to expect Sony to start bringing all their exclusives to PC. They brought two over so they must be bringing them all right?!?!? If they do it won't be any time soon either.

This. People are dumb to expect Sony to start bringing all their exclusives to PC. They brought two over so they must be bringing them all right?!?!? If they do it won't be any time soon either.
LOL, Sony saw the honey pot, there is no way back for them. Greed wins all the time. They can make more money by releasing their games on both platforms. If someone didn't buy it for the playstation in 2-3 years they'll never will so they loose nothing by releasing their exclusives for PC. And then there are the idiots who would buy it again after already having bought it on ps.

LOL, Sony saw the honey pot, there is no way back for them. Greed wins all the time. They can make more money by releasing their games on both platforms. If someone didn't buy it for the playstation in 2-3 years they'll never will so they loose nothing by releasing their exclusives for PC. And then there are the idiots who would buy it again after already having bought it on ps.
They still not going to release everyone. The last of us is going to be one that will never come to PC. Neither will GoW. Bloodbourne won't cause the developers abandoned that game forever ago. I can see the next Horizon Zero Dawn coming out in 3 years. Probably Tsushima also.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
Hopefully LoU2 will go on sale for Sony's 'Days of Play' on the 26th - I've been waiting for the PS5 patch before playing (big fan of the first game).

This is great news. I love the game as-is, but 60fps is always FTW. Hopefully Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy eventually get updates, too.

holy shit, 60 fps is totally transformative for this game. i mean 30 -> 60 fps always is, but it's truly something special here

I played around for about 10 minutes in the Hillcrest level...probably my favorite section of the game. It does look a little "muddier" to me (probably some kind of graphical chicanery to hit the higher framerate), but it's still the way to play IMO. This was probably my favorite game from the entire PS4/X1 era and it's even better now.
I really appreciate them doing this. I figured it might be coming with the multiplayer add-on, so that might be coming along slower than expected. I doubt I'll ever touch it, so that's fine by me. I really do hope we see Uncharted get the same treatment at some point. This game is still selling quite a bit, so I definitely get why it's a higher priority.

it's rumored that they added 20% more muscle mass to the Abby character model in this update just to troll people with sub 90 IQs
as opposed to the sub 70s it take to like this turd? heard they giving her a bigger bulge too.
see, just as trolly. couldnt just fucking drop it considering no one has said shit eh?!

Lol, struck a nerve Colonel Sanders and he bit on it as I thought he would.

Anyways, just curious; are the cut scenes 60FPS also with this patch? I updated the game last night, but still playing through my RE8 VoS run right now and might do another run through this game after I'm done with RE8.

It's kinda annoying that ND didn't even announce this patch or anything else themselves and hasn't said shit about multiplayer or if there's even any plans for a PS5 port/remaster of this game. It doesn't really need much; just native 4k/60 and crank some of the IQ sliders up a bit more similar to how they treated the TLoU remaster on PS4. But if they're already working on another game entirely that's fine too and I'd like to fuggin know what it is. I guess at this point we'll have to wait for PSX in December to see if that is still happening after it was cancelled last year.

Lol, struck a nerve Colonel Sanders and he bit on it as I thought he would.

Anyways, just curious; are the cut scenes 60FPS also with this patch? I updated the game last night, but still playing through my RE8 VoS run right now and might do another run through this game after I'm done with RE8.

It's kinda annoying that ND didn't even announce this patch or anything else themselves and hasn't said shit about multiplayer or if there's even any plans for a PS5 port/remaster of this game. It doesn't really need much; just native 4k/60 and crank some of the IQ sliders up a bit more similar to how they treated the TLoU remaster on PS4. But if they're already working on another game entirely that's fine too and I'd like to fuggin know what it is. I guess at this point we'll have to wait for PSX in December to see if that is still happening after it was cancelled last year.
yeah i fell for the obvious troll. :rolleyes:

Just picked this up on sale and it's good so far. I had a feeling I knew what was going to happen at least up to the part I am at now when Joel's leg gets shot. Seems to be setting up a revenge story when I piece it together from some old footage I remember when the game came out a while back. Definitely want to see what happens. :)

The sheer scope of TLoU2 is almost unmatched. It's an absolutely massive, massive game but it's a linear story for 90% of the game. There's only one open-world section and you reach it very early. Games like RDR2, HZD, and Days Gone are longer, but they're open worlds where 1/2 the gameplay is traveling between locations over and over. Straight forward storytelling games simply don't have a scope like this anymore. As more time passes, the more impressed with TLoU2 I am. It's definitely in my all-time top 10 and might even be top 5.

There are two sides to open world taco thinks. If your tire of stry, you cn always go do something else like harass NPCs or whatever, but it also brings this awkward feeling when your leading NPC says, c'mon bruh let's go, we have world to save nd your like, mate, I have a few side quests to attend to. Wait a couple days, mate!

Taco thinks having linear gameplay makes a more refined story experience.
i totally agree with Taco! each gameplay style has its pros and cons, and for maximum storytelling experience, nothing beats a more linear design

First Image of the HBO Series

FAQN8q-UcAgPj8u.jpeg

Back