The Last of Us: Part II

ghosts was better and out sold it but isnt woke so....

Lol

0708719d6fe2fb9063e66f3b24f5087c.jpg

Quick search shows TLoU 2 sold 4 million in its first weekend. Ghosts just passed 5 million after 4 months.

Anyone who's actually played the game knows the woke argument is super weak here. I'm pretty conservative; subbed to Daily Wire, Steven Crowder, Mark Dice, etc, and can go along with pretty much any of the people in soapbox here, and have to say if you can't get past a lesbian and Mulan character in a story, you're so far right you might as well start your own clan chapter in your area (I know their Dem origins too - they're not now though).

Last edited:
I liked the first TLOU, but I was waiting on PS5 until I played TLOU2 in anticipation of enhancements - my religious beliefs do not allow me to play 30FPS games anymore. Naughty Dog has added some PS5-specific directional haptic feedback to the game, but hasn't yet added 60FPS via Game Boost. I'll give it another month in hopes that changes. Until then it's Demon's Souls, followed by Ghost of Tsushima which did get the PS5 60FPS bump + faster loadtimes.

Haven't played Ghosts yet, just TLoU2.
TLoU2 isn't super woke, just has one "trans" kid who's a girl that wants to be a boy, and her religious cult tries to kill her for it.
That's it. The gameplay, story, and length make it a game well worth playing, and they don't shove anything down your throat.

Once I do play Ghosts of Tsushima, I'll decide which one I like more personally.
Alas, the people that say they want politics kept out of video games are always the first to bring it up.

Putting that aside, I haven't played either game, but I've watched videos of the first 30min of each game, and on those impressions I look forward to TLOU2 more. The combat, and the mood/atmosphere/environments are way more appealing than more japanese/samurai shit. Maybe it's Sekiro fatigue, but watching FightinCowboy on YT play Ghost of Tsushima I kept thinking "I'm sure at some point this is going to pick up and get more interesting".

I was waiting to replay through this for a 3rd time on PS5 as well, at 60 FPS as well just like I did again on TLoU Remastered when it came out again on PS4. But I hope they don't "remaster" TLoU 2 so soon again on PS5 just to milk it for more money, which I don't expect them to do given there were significant architecture differences between PS3 and PS4 and there's not this time going to PS5. So they should just patch it in IMO, though they did just "remaster" Spiderman and then lock it behind a $70 edition of Miles Morales with no way to buy it by itself. Or they may be waiting for the multiplayer DLC to come out and bundle it with that, which may also be paid DLC, which I wouldn't mind as long as it's $30 or less. I don't normally like playing multiplayer either, but TLoU multiplayer was actually really good so I'm kinda looking forward to that as well for part 2.

Lol

View attachment 300918

Quick search shows TLoU 2 sold 4 million in its first weekend. Ghosts just past 5 million after 4 months.

Anyone who's actually played the game knows the woke argument is super weak here. I'm pretty conservative; subbed to Daily Wire, Steven Crowder, Mark Dice, etc, and can go along with pretty much any of the people in soapbox here, and have to say if you can't get past a lesbian and Mulan character in a story, you're so far right you might as well start your own clan chapter in your area (I know their Dem origins too - they're not now though).
figured you hadnt raved about it enough so id give you something to set off on. yeah it sold 4m and then people went WTF?! and it fell to zero.
edit: oh and it was 4m sold to stores, not people. there are plenty left unsold and some places couldnt even give it away.

figured you hadnt raved about it enough so id give you something to set off on. yeah it sold 4m and then people went WTF?! and it fell to zero.
edit: oh and it was 4m sold to stores, not people. there are plenty left unsold and some places couldnt even give it away.
imagine being so butthurt about a videogame that you actually care and hope that it didn't sell well

imagine being so butthurt about a videogame that you actually care and hope that it didn't sell well
where did i say that? feel free to continue making assumptions.

there are better games that sold way more that deserve the awards.

They haven't thought this game through. Humanity is on brink of extinction nd....lesbians nd gays? Wake up! Two women cnt have children, same for two men. You need male gadget to plug into female outlet. Otherwise no kids. How did they plan to continue life after disease... smh
lol never change, Taco

I just finished the first game last night - great game, great story and character development. I’m anxious to start the second game but I’m considering playing something else in between, like Ghost of Tsushima or God of War. My thinking is it might be nice to have a break from the gameplay mechanics in TLOU and come back to it fresh, after a break, for the second game. I would also love for there to be a PS5 patch that allows for 60 fps but I’m not holding my breath that it’ll be released by the time I’m ready to play TLOU2 - say in 2 or 3 weeks.

I played the first game the week prior to the release of the second. I found it helpful to have the controls down pat before starting. They aren't atypical necessarily, but they're a little different from other similar games.
Honestly, I still don't like that first game that much. The first 1/2 of the game has way too much forced (aka. insta-death) stealth for my tastes. By the time the game opened up a little it was 2/3 over. Great story and characters, but I just didn't have that much fun actually playing it. TLoU2 is probably my favorite game from the last decade, though. I've played through it 4 times and will probably playthrough it again over the summer. It isn't perfect, but it's as close as any game has gotten in a long, long time.

I just finished the first game last night - great game, great story and character development. I’m anxious to start the second game but I’m considering playing something else in between, like Ghost of Tsushima or God of War. My thinking is it might be nice to have a break from the gameplay mechanics in TLOU and come back to it fresh, after a break, for the second game. I would also love for there to be a PS5 patch that allows for 60 fps but I’m not holding my breath that it’ll be released by the time I’m ready to play TLOU2 - say in 2 or 3 weeks.

Eh I got impatient and started playing TLOU2 last night. I have to see how the story goes.

Actually, one thing I will say about TLoU2 that does annoy me slightly: the flashback chapters. They're absolutely wonderful on your first playthrough. They provide a lot of background on why things are the way they are. Unfortunately, on subsequent replays they kinda drag and you can't skip them since they're full-on interactive levels. In at least a couple cases, they're 30-45 minutes, too. I know you can hop around with the chapter select feature, but that messes with the items/abilities you earned.
What reminded me about these is Uncharted. Uncharted 4 is a horrible offender with the same type of level. Roughly 1/3 of the game is an interactive cut-scene.
Minor gripe, but one of those things I hope Naughty Dog re-evaluates with future titles and/or remasters.

Uncharted 4 is on sale for $10 on the PS Store right now so I picked it up. I have a lot of games to play, a good problem to have.

Fortunately Sony isn't Nintendo and discounts their exclusives appropriately after a year or two to the point where they normally can get down to $10 or less directly on the PSN store. I've seen Horizon Zero Dawn (which is literally free right now for anyone - no PS+ required either) down to like $6 on there a couple years ago for PS+ members or $10 without PS+. Most people don't give them credit for it, but I think their sales are mostly competitive with the likes of Steam or any other major PC digital store front. Speaking of HZD though, definitely a must-play as well and was probably my GOTY for 2017.

Anyways, to stay on topic; I'm waiting for some kind of PS5 patch to replay through TLoU2. I played through it twice on PS4 Pro and despite it looking and playing great even at 30 FPS, I have enough in my backlog to keep me busy until the patch comes. I'm kinda interested in the mulitplayer as well since I really liked the multiplayer in the first game and I generally don't like or play many multiplayer games.

Last edited:
Fortunately Sony isn't Nintendo and discounts their exclusives appropriately after a year or two to the point where they normally can get down to $10 or less directly on the PSN store. I've seen Horizon Zero Dawn (which is literally free right now for anyone - no PS+ required either) down to like $6 on there a couple years ago for PS+ members or $10 without PS+. Most people don't give them credit for it, but I think their sales are mostly competitive with the likes of Steam or any other major PC digital store front. Speaking of HZD though, definitely a must-play as well and was probably my GOTY for 2017.

Anyways, to stay on topic; I'm waiting for some kind of PS5 patch to replay through TLoU2. I played through it twice on PS4 Pro and despite it looking and playing great even at 30 FPS, I have enough in my backlog to keep me busy until the patch comes. I'm kinda interested in the mulitplayer as well since I really liked the multiplayer in the first game and I generally don't like or play many multiplayer games.

Same... I really really really want to play through it a second time, but I'm just gonna force myself to wait. For me it's like a good book or movie... the longer you can make yourself wait between viewings/readings, the better the experience is. Plus the better 60 fps experience, of course :p

Reactions: T4rd
like this
Yeah, I've gone through TLoU2 on 3 occasions and would honestly enjoy playing through it again and again. I'm also hopeful they'll add 60fps support whenever they add the MP component. Even just a higher FPS mode (like God of War on the PS4 Pro) would be appreciated, though. There were a pile of rumors about an Uncharted Master Collection and both TLoU 1 & 2 coming to PC, so that would also be very cool. Not holding my breath, but it's no longer a totally absurd idea.

Yeah I was pretty surprised at Sony’s spring sale. Just being uninformed, I assumed that sales would be few and far between so I purchased a couple games I knew I’d want to play at some point (Ghost of Tsushima, God of War). Turns out I could have saved a little money if I had waited. Now I know.

I played HZD on PC and it was easily my GOTY for 2020. What a fantastic game.

I’m part way through TLOU2 (on Day 2 in Seattle) and loving every minute of it. Naughty Dog are such great story tellers. I don’t have any interest in multiplayer but I’ll play a second time through some day after a PS5 performance patch is released.

Yeah I was pretty surprised at Sony’s spring sale. Just being uninformed, I assumed that sales would be few and far between so I purchased a couple games I knew I’d want to play at some point (Ghost of Tsushima, God of War). Turns out I could have saved a little money if I had waited. Now I know.

I played HZD on PC and it was easily my GOTY for 2020. What a fantastic game.

I’m part way through TLOU2 (on Day 2 in Seattle) and loving every minute of it. Naughty Dog are such great story tellers. I don’t have any interest in multiplayer but I’ll play a second time through some day after a PS5 performance patch is released.
HDZ getting snubbed for GOTY for Zelda BoTW in 2017 is where all my hatred comes from for BoTW. It really was a far better game in every damn way and only lost cause of the damn Zelda name.

It's been almost a year now, any new on that promised multiplayer mode?

I didn’t know people were still playing this. It came out, I beat it, then forgot all about it. I enjoyed the game but man did they overhype it far too much.

Currently enjoying Ghost of Tsushima on PS5. Have all my PS4 games installed on a 2TB Samsung T5. So much better than when I started it on PS4 Pro.

I got the game and was waiting on multiplayer that still hasn’t happened. I played at least 1500 hours of the original games multiplayer and still play it on my ps5. I loved factions and hope they make it for the new game

Reactions: T4rd
like this
I'm revisiting the first TLoU right now and am pretty easily able to pinpoint why I don't like it as much. It's very much a stealth game. TLoU2 is an action game with stealth elements. This one leans hard in the stealth direction. Clickers are everywhere. Single headshots won't kill them, either. Not even with your pistols or rifle maxed-out, too. Only the bow and shotgun. Did I mention that they move around and bob their head like they have Tourette's? What if you sneak up on them? You can only kill them with shivs, of which there are a finite supply. Get caught? You're instantly dead. It's very tedious. The constant need to find rafts and use planks for bridges also gets pretty old. It's easy to love the game world and interactions between the characters, but I only barely enjoy playing game itself.

Somewhat related, there are lots of rumors about a TLoU remake that is coming at the expense of a proposed Uncharted game and Days Gone 2. Not sure what kind of remake that would entail, but whatever it is would need to be pretty big considering how decent this one already looks/runs for an old game.

I'm revisiting the first TLoU right now and am pretty easily able to pinpoint why I don't like it as much. It's very much a stealth game. TLoU2 is an action game with stealth elements. This one leans hard in the stealth direction. Clickers are everywhere. Single headshots won't kill them, either. Not even with your pistols or rifle maxed-out, too. Only the bow and shotgun. Did I mention that they move around and bob their head like they have Tourette's? What if you sneak up on them? You can only kill them with shivs, of which there are a finite supply. Get caught? You're instantly dead. It's very tedious. The constant need to find rafts and use planks for bridges also gets pretty old. It's easy to love the game world and interactions between the characters, but I only barely enjoy playing game itself.

Somewhat related, there are lots of rumors about a TLoU remake that is coming at the expense of a proposed Uncharted game and Days Gone 2. Not sure what kind of remake that would entail, but whatever it is would need to be pretty big considering how decent this one already looks/runs for an old game.

We don't need another remake, the first remake will play on the PS5, and I would have rather had a Days Gone 2.

We don't need another remake, the first remake will play on the PS5, and I would have rather had a Days Gone 2.

That's my take as well. I don't really see the point. We already have a remaster that plays at 1440p/60. They could probably tweak it to make it 4K/60 if they wanted. It supports 4K/30 right now, but the game thinks the PS5 is just a PS4 Pro.

I'd rather have an Uncharted spin-off, but Days Gone 2 could be fun. For all of its flaws, I played through Days Gone in its entirety and did everything except wipe-out every horde. Considering how little of the world you see in that game, a sequel would have loads of freedom.

I finished this game and enjoyed the hell out of it. It’s a very bleak game, extremely dark. I mean that with respect to the story and the tone it sets. I like stories that are gritty and try to be rooted more in reality. I like stories that are not all roses and sunshine (and to be clear, this one has essentially zero ‘sunshine’). I love how at the end you’re just left with your thoughts and emotions to ponder what you just experienced. Nothing in this game is black and white it’s all shades of gray. You don’t fully love or fully hate any of the characters, you just sort of love and hate different aspects of them. Well done Naughty Dog.

My take probably sounds pretty generic and vague but I’m trying to avoid spoilers for anyone that hasn’t played this yet.

So far this year I’ve played the following, in the following order:
RDR2
TLOU
TLOU2

I think I’m ruined for all future story-driven games :D

The odd love for Joel as a hero I don't fully understand. I'm replaying the first game right now and Joel is/was a pretty damn ruthless guy that has a soft spot for kids. Dude has done plenty of bad things and he's a stone cold killer who flat-out murders a shitload of people without any real reason except they're in his way. The game doesn't hide it and he owns up to it repeatedly. Ellie at least has revenge as a motivator. Joel's best excuse is that he's a jaded asshole because of his daughter.

The odd love for Joel as a hero I don't fully understand. I'm replaying the first game right now and Joel is/was a pretty damn ruthless guy that has a soft spot for kids. Dude has done plenty of bad things and he's a stone cold killer who flat-out murders a shitload of people without any real reason except they're in his way. The game doesn't hide it and he owns up to it repeatedly. Ellie at least has revenge as a motivator. Joel's best excuse is that he's a jaded asshole because of his daughter.

I'm not sure anyone claims he's a hero or even a decent person. I think his appeal comes from the severe apathy most have for him after losing his daughter, Tessa, and most of his humanity between that and those 20 years before the beginning of the first game. Then seeing him gain back some of that humanity throughout the game with Ellie shows there's some hope for him to regain at least a little redemption through her.

Exactly, Joel was ambigious at best in TLOU, and a giant arsehole at times, including at the very end. I don't want to get politicial but there is a great example of this happening irl. Where a less than stellar person is touted as some unsung hero.

Well, the haters might have won folks. Dr. Uckmann briefly talked about it in a podcast and revealed that Naughty Dog is not working on The Last of Us 3, or any other big project at the moment, and their next big game might not be The Last of Us 3.
So the takeaway here is even if they decide to make it, since it's not even in pre-production yet it probably won't see the light of day until the very end of the decade. What a shame.

The scoop is by ign, so only archive link because ign is woke trash, unlike this game.

Well, the haters might have won folks. Dr. Uckmann briefly talked about it in a podcast and revealed that Naughty Dog is not working on The Last of Us 3, or any other big project at the moment, and their next big game might not be The Last of Us 3.
So the takeaway here is even if they decide to make it, since it's not even in pre-production yet it probably won't see the light of day until the very end of the decade. What a shame.

The scoop is by ign, so only archive link because ign is woke trash, unlike this game.

I read an article recently (don’t recall where but I think it was posted on Reddit) stating it was more to do with Naughty Dog not being sure what direction they want to take the series from here. Either way, I’m a brand new fan to the series and I already can’t wait for another game. Both games were such a phenomenal and unique experience.

Back