The Last of Us: Part II

they are fictional characters in a video game. why feel bad about killing any of them!?
Then why do you feel bad for Joel, he's just a fictional character :p

I feel bad about killing / hurting pedestrians in GTA. Just because your conscious brain knows it's fictional your unconscious cannot be turned off.

Then why do you feel bad for Joel, he's just a fictional character :p

I feel bad about killing / hurting pedestrians in GTA. Just because your conscious brain knows it's fictional your unconscious cannot be turned off.
joel wasnt a rando between point a and b :rolleyes:
good for you. me 20+ years of stuff like that hasnt made me want to go out and drive through crowds or sneak up and kill someone.

Last edited:
is the DLC going to show Abby's steroid backstory?
I bet steroids and protein shakes were commonplace in the 1930s. Oh wait, the first reported use of steroids as performance enhancers was at the 1954 olympics.
Your feelings don't change the fact that women can be muscular without steroids.

me 20+ years of stuff like that hasnt made me want to go out and drive through crowds or sneak up and kill someone.
Yeah, because that's exactly what I said. :rolleyes: But if you want to go down that road, I'm game: There are consequences in real life for driving through crowds. So of course you won't do it if you're not a fatalist even if you had zero remorse about it.

Yeah, because that's exactly what I said. :rolleyes: But if you want to go down that road, I'm game: There are consequences in real life for driving through crowds. So of course you won't do it if you're not a fatalist even if you had zero remorse about it.
Just because your conscious brain knows it's fictional your unconscious cannot be turned off.
explain what you meant then.

Actually the film grain is only annoying if you play sans HDR. I turned off HDR to take a few screenshots and only then I noticed the film grain, in HDR mode it's like not even there.

I played with HDR enabled on my C9 OLED and the grain was very visible and prevalent throughout the game.

That's fair. I guess I just have a problem aiming for headshots in this game. Would love to play it with a mouse instead. The aim assist doesn't really help that much, unfortunately.

Actually, if they had some sort of slow-mo like in HZD, that would be ideal. It looks like they are adding some sort of slow-mo in the next patch, but I assume that's an accessibility option rather than an in-game upgrade.

I've gotten quite used to the PS4 controller, I think since I haven't had any aiming issues for the most part in this game or most others I've played.

The slow motion feature is actually a game "modifier" in the game options now that you have to unlock with points earned from playing the game, which I annoyingly spent the thousands of points I had saved through two play throughs on unlocking the artwork and characters in the gallery. :mad:

explain what you meant then.
I meant I can't help feeling bad for killing innocent bystanders in games. I'm fine with killing enemies who would kill me if given the chance.

PS: If you are confused by the "you" I didn't mean you personally, I meant people in general.

Last edited:
Okay, rhetorical question about consequences...say, mate for example, all consequences for killing have gone out the window. Would you kill someone? Would you kill a taco? I think not. The fear would consume you for sending a soul into the unknown abyss of quantum worlds. What's out there?

Technically, running someone over and getting away with it is totally possible. You'll never be found.(I did not do such things, so I do not know) and yet, we do not go out on driving rampage running over any human with a soul we see in the way..
I already killed everyone I wanted to kill.

That's fair. I guess I just have a problem aiming for headshots in this game. Would love to play it with a mouse instead. The aim assist doesn't really help that much, unfortunately.
I wish. But imo this game is so much better than the first one. I hated playing that with a controller, and was completely useless in it. I could barely finish it. This I actually enjoyed. But I agree aim assist hurts, not helps, I turned it off completely.

I wish they'd add the ability to change the character's pose and expression in photo mode from HZD, or at least in the model viewer.

Slow motion, was it added in a patch, mate? I haven't seen it when watching gameplay a little while back.

Yeah, but as I said above, it's a gameplay modifier in the main menu that you have to unlock with points earned from playing the game normally and through other achievements.

I don't know but I think with film grain removed with the slider to zero looks............. bad? I'll leave it at 3.

I just tried it and it does look kinda weird with no film grain. The textures look muddier. I think the film grain added depth to the textures. Without it they look like wet clay. Kinda like everything in Doom 3.
Lowering it down to 3-4 makes everything look cleaner without making the textures stand out negatively. I'd say that's the sweet spot I'm going to leave it at.

I now know why film grain was implemented. It's to hide the nasty checkerboard rendering. Smh. I don't know which is worse.

I just finished the game, those new game modifiers and cheats look tempting, but not sure I feel like replaying it since I'm behind on other games. I was really hoping that everyone was gonna kiss and make up and all head to rejoin the Fireflies and maybe continue searching for a cure, nope, just another story about making regretful choices.

I just finished the game, those new game modifiers and cheats look tempting, but not sure I feel like replaying it since I'm behind on other games. I was really hoping that everyone was gonna kiss and make up and all head to rejoin the Fireflies and maybe continue searching for a cure, nope, just another story about making regretful choices.

enjoy your depression :) lol

enjoy your depression :) lol
You're not wrong! I'm also upset at how the game pushed the fallacy that females are vindictive towards one another. This is sexist, insensitive, and a complete step back from any strides the game made by including a diverse character lineup.

We don't know that, mate. Actually we don't even know if they 'aren't people. Remember in first part where that kid got bit and was talking to ellie? Don't remember his name..

they're murderers, they're clickers... some, i assume, are good zombies.

You're not wrong! I'm also upset at how the game pushed the fallacy that females are vindictive towards one another. This is sexist, insensitive, and a complete step back from any strides the game made by including a diverse character lineup.

You forgot the /s?

If not, I'm pretty sure out of the countless criticisms I've seen on the game, that's a first for me.

Probably wishful thinking, but it seems there is a possible story DLC coming to the game now. I'm sure it would annoy many if it's focused on Abby though. I'm good with whatever ND can come up with though.

The game is monstrously long. Almost too long if that's a thing...and I loved the game. I dunno if I really want more of this specific story. Hopefully he's recording footage for another game. A new game in the Uncharted universe or a TLoU3 would make me way happier.

The game is monstrously long. Almost too long if that's a thing...and I loved the game. I dunno if I really want more of this specific story. Hopefully he's recording footage for another game. A new game in the Uncharted universe or a TLoU3 would make me way happier.
I think the length was perfectly fine. I honestly still wanted some more by the end. Eh idk about another game in uncharted universe without Nathan being the main guy. While the spin off with Chloe was fine I just couldn't get into it like the main line games.

I think the length was perfectly fine. I honestly still wanted some more by the end. Eh idk about another game in uncharted universe without Nathan being the main guy. While the spin off with Chloe was fine I just couldn't get into it like the main line games.

Same. If they really wanted to do some good lip service DLC though, they should do a prologue chapter like they did in the previous game's Left Behind, with more Joel and Ellie content. The flashback sections with them seemed to be the best parts for a lot of people and I might have to agree with that as well.

Same here about the Uncharted series. About the only other characters I would want to see more of is Sully, which would have to make it a prequel or something to make any sense with his age. So I think at this point, ND is due for a new IP altogether. A lot of people thought TLoU should have ended with the first game, which I can totally agree with (it pretty much had the perfect ending), but still glad they did the sequel as well. A 3rd game in that serious would just be exhausting without a completely new cast or something, I think. But then again, they could do maybe a prequel with Joel anywhere within that huge 20-year window after the beginning of the first game.

Probably wishful thinking, but it seems there is a possible story DLC coming to the game now. I'm sure it would annoy many if it's focused on Abby though. I'm good with whatever ND can come up with though.
Didn't they say there will be no story DLCs? Possible he's just doing mocap for a multiplayer mode? Or an entirely different game.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be over the moon* if we got a DLC, but with the backlash and original statement that there'll be none of that, I think it is unlikely.
*unless it is focused on Tommy.

A 3rd game in that serious would just be exhausting without a completely new cast or something, I think. But then again, they could do maybe a prequel with Joel anywhere within that huge 20-year window after the beginning of the first game.
Well, Abby and Lev are the new cast. So they star in the 3rd game, that introduces a completely new cast, who will then star in 4? :D

Didn't they say there will be no story DLCs? Possible he's just doing mocap for a multiplayer mode? Or an entirely different game.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be over the moon* if we got a DLC, but with the backlash and original statement that there'll be none of that, I think it is unlikely.
*unless it is focused on Tommy.
Yeah, pretty sure they did say that. As I said; wishful thinking. I'm sure it's for a different game.
Well, Abby and Lev are the new cast. So they star in the 3rd game, that introduces a completely new cast, who will then star in 4? :D
Yeah, I wouldn't mind if they continued on with Abby and Lev, but it just seems weird, or maybe tiring, to continue the series with these new characters, opening the door to them killing off these characters in the next game and then continuing on with new characters introduced in that game. At some point it kind of jumps the shark and/or gets stale. I say that while still being completely enthralled in this universe and would love to see them pull it off, but just don't think I'm confident that they would despite how well they did this sequel IMO, which in itself is much more debatable than the first game was.

It reminds me of the Walking Dead show that pretty much had a new cast after a handful of seasons or its spin off Fear the Walking Dead, both of which lost my interest pretty quickly. Apples and Oranges, I know, but I think I'd just rather them start a new IP at this point. Imagine a Sci-Fi game from ND, like a mixture of Mass Effect and Dead Space or something. Now that would be amazing.

Yeah, pretty sure they did say that. As I said; wishful thinking. I'm sure it's for a different game.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind if they continued on with Abby and Lev, but it just seems weird, or maybe tiring, to continue the series with these new characters, opening the door to them killing off these characters in the next game and then continuing on with new characters introduced in that game. At some point it kind of jumps the shark and/or gets stale. I say that while still being completely enthralled in this universe and would love to see them pull it off, but just don't think I'm confident that they would despite how well they did this sequel IMO, which in itself is much more debatable than the first game was.
I think except for the ending the first game had a quite standard and unoriginal story. And most people didn't even realize that the ending was supposed to be ambiguous.
So they expected more of the same from TLOU2. And not consequences of past actions and decisions.

The best would be if they made TLOU3 into an immersive sim RPG and you started with a custom character from scratch, where Ellie and Abby and the rest might just pop us as NPCs. But I'd not even put this into wishful thinking category as there is zero chance of ND doing something like this where they don't micromanage the narrative. But this would make me happiest nonetheless.

It reminds me of the Walking Dead show that pretty much had a new cast after a handful of seasons or its spin off Fear the Walking Dead, both of which lost my interest pretty quickly. Apples and Oranges, I know, but I think I'd just rather them start a new IP at this point. Imagine a Sci-Fi game from ND, like a mixture of Mass Effect and Dead Space or something. Now that would be amazing.
I quit the walking dead before the cast changes. I think it turned stale long before that.

I didn't really like first TLoU all that much. I like the idea of it and the world more than the game. It was clunky to play and the fast action sequences felt limited by that. The makeshift weapons and ammo situation was just a giant eye roll. The fact that the clickers and zombies walk around doing shoulder rolls every other second compounded that. #2 was crisper to play and I never felt like the game was being ridiculous outside of limiting ammo.

With #2, I still think it bordered on too long. It wasn't, but it walks the line. I wanted more when it was done...but not more with that narrative. More as in NG+ or a sequel down the line. There are only so many ways to tell a story where you're going from point A to point B and the whole game is a series of unexpected detours. They detours gave us character building, but at a certain point they're stretching to give you a reason not to just go somewhere. The entire prologue in Santa Barbara could have been left off or re-imagined IMO. While the final scene was impactful, I don't feel any of the rest of it was.

The real Abby dressed up as fictional Abby for Halloween. :cool:
abby-edit.jpg

:love:

ghosts was better and out sold it but isnt woke so....

Haven't played Ghosts yet, just TLoU2.
TLoU2 isn't super woke, just has one "trans" kid who's a girl that wants to be a boy, and her religious cult tries to kill her for it.
That's it. The gameplay, story, and length make it a game well worth playing, and they don't shove anything down your throat.

Once I do play Ghosts of Tsushima, I'll decide which one I like more personally.

I think someone has to be pretty conservative to see TLoU2 as "woke." At least if someone actually played it. I mean, I could describe it as "Angry lesbian partners with transgender Asian to murder progressive crossfiter in liberal hellhole" but that's using a shitload of hyperbole.

Back