The Last of Us: Part II

This game looks awesome.

I played the remastered PS4 Pro version of the original and it was awesome (still need to check the DLC).

Makes sense to release this on PS4, the market is huge. They would be leaving a lot of money on the table to make it PS5 exclusive (and surely there will be a remaster).

Man, I need to buy at least 5 new controllers. Because if the first game is any indication I'll smash many of them. Why can't I just play with a mouse :(

I had a lot of trouble with the first game, until I realized you could sneak around without having to kill the monsters.

They've confirmed the PS5 will play PS4 games.

When the PS4 Pro came out, they released patches to "pro-enhance" them.

I'm expecting they'll do similar with PS4 to PS5.

An update for the game to look great on PS5, when the ultimately release the PS5 version.

It would be interesting to see if PS5 games would also work on PS4 (forward compatibility).

Considering both systems are basically x86 computers, and that they've done it for PS4 Pro, it could happen.

While it might seem like it would cut sales of PS5, it would act to keep current PS4 owners in the Sony ecosystem and strengthen their lead.

PS4 sold over 100 million units. If all new PS5 games could play on PS4, PS4 owners would naturally build a collection of PS5 games and when they are buying their next console they would stick with Sony.

Developers would win, because they could make 1 game that would work for all Playstation owners, Sony would win because they would keep their lead, and consumers would win because they wouldn't be forced to upgrade in order to play the newest games.

Seems like a smart move if technically possible.

I've watched the trailer a few times now, and I'm stoked. I haven't pre-ordered in forever... I think I'm going to just bite the bullet and pre-order.

I pre-order games on PSN just to pre-load them to unlock on midnight release. Only done it for a few PS4 exclusives, the Uncharted games were 2 of those so you know damn well I'll be doing it here too, hah.

I've never bought into collectors edition games either because it's just clutter I hate to keep around, but those packs are pretty cool nonetheless. Just not $200+ cool for a bunch of mostly useless trinkets.

I pre-order games on PSN just to pre-load them to unlock on midnight release. Only done it for a few PS4 exclusives, the Uncharted games were 2 of those so you know damn well I'll be doing it here too, hah.

I've never bought into collectors edition games either because it's just clutter I hate to keep around, but those packs are pretty cool nonetheless. Just not $200+ cool for a bunch of mostly useless trinkets.

I'm going to get the collector's edition, I just want the steelbook case. I have no problem with digital, but some games I like having physical copies.

They've confirmed the PS5 will play PS4 games.

When the PS4 Pro came out, they released patches to "pro-enhance" them.

I'm expecting they'll do similar with PS4 to PS5.

An update for the game to look great on PS5, when the ultimately release the PS5 version.

I'm sure you'll be able to play the PS4 version on the PS5 with a couple enhancements like native 4K and/or better performance, but I still fully expect them to release another remastered version to cash in further on it and better utilize the PS5's hardware.. possibly with some form of ray tracing and 60 FPS mode like the PS4 remastered had.

I hope they do a better job on the next remastered version though, because if you all didn't notice it on the current remastered title, there's a shit ton of pop/draw in on objects that isn't there on the original PS3 version and it annoyed me the whole time I played it. It's mostly noticeable in larger areas where you can see more than 20ft in front of you or so.

LoU has been the only game that moved me. The only reason I have kept my PS4 is due to the announcement a while back ago. I was not too keen on them doing a second and causing a disruption with my love for the first game. But this video, this one video with the new score....the goosebumps. In my 42 years of coin-op and PC games this has been the only game to ever effect me.

I'm sure you'll be able to play the PS4 version on the PS5 with a couple enhancements like native 4K and/or better performance, but I still fully expect them to release another remastered version to cash in further on it and better utilize the PS5's hardware.. possibly with some form of ray tracing and 60 FPS mode like the PS4 remastered had.

I hope they do a better job on the next remastered version though, because if you all didn't notice it on the current remastered title, there's a shit ton of pop/draw in on objects that isn't there on the original PS3 version and it annoyed me the whole time I played it. It's mostly noticeable in larger areas where you can see more than 20ft in front of you or so.
Is that pop-in present when running with PS4 Pro Enhancements set to Frame Rate? Can't say I noticed it when playing the game originally on my standard PS4. I have not played the game since getting the Pro.

LoU2 in February must mean that Bloodborne 2 is more likely as a PS5 launch title...

Our first hands-on impressions of The Last of Us Part II

Mechanically, the game feels similar to TLoU, but with a few improvements...as far as traversal goes, the addition of a jump button is a nice touch, and the ability to go prone helps with stealth encounters...Combat, especially in melee range, also feels smoother due to an improved ability to dodge

But the enemies also have enhanced tactics...One of the largest differences between the first game and this sequel demo is the enemy AI...Members of the WLF will engage in coordinated attacks and flanking maneuvers, and most notably, make use of search dogs when Ellie is in stealth...

https://ew.com/gaming/2019/09/26/first-impressions-the-last-of-us-part-2-gameplay-demo/

Loved the first game, but probably going to skip this one. No desire to play as Ellie or learn more about her.

Loved the first game, but probably going to skip this one. No desire to play as Ellie or learn more about her.

Doesn't make sense.. so you didn't play through 1/5 of the first game or the DLC? Joel is still a major part of this game as well.

Anyways, more content about the game:

Druckmann Interview:

First impressions:

Edit: One more from Playstation channel

And since I listen to the Beyond podcast, might as well post their conversation about it here too

Last edited:
L2.jpg

Sounds like a nice PS5 exclusive on TLOU 2 Remastered, lol.

I'm sure people will still complain, but even as someone who loved the multiplayer on TLOU, I'm good with it esp. if it means the single player story will be that much better because of it. People have to realize that regardless of how big of a team you have, you still have a finite amount of resources/time and have to sacrifice in some areas, or at the very least delay the game further, if you allocate part of the team on something else.

So as the Beyond crew pointed out in that last vid I posted, I'll have to agree with them that ND is trying to misdirect us in that trailer into thinking Dina (Ellie's new girlfriend) dies there at the beginning and is who Ellie is trying to avenge throughout the game. It just seems too obvious and Neil even said in that interview that they're doing their best to keep any key story points out of the trailers.

So who could it be? Surely they wouldn't bring Ellie's mom "back from the dead" just to kill her again like that.. though that would be brutal, it just seems like bad writing to me to do something like that just for the shock value of it and as a jumping point for the whole game. Tommy (Joel's brother) could be a good candidate, but just not sure Ellie is close enough to him to warrant her vengeance either. It doesn't seem like they're even in the same camp Tommy was in at the end of the last game now either (can't remember the location of Tommy's camp, but they said now she's in Jacksonville or something now). Marlene is already dead from Joel, which now that I think of it I'm sure Ellie has found out and is another source of contention between her and Joel. There's really no other relevant characters from the first game that it could be, so I'm guessing this is a either a new character that she's known since the end of the first game, or one that she knew before the first game that somehow wasn't mentioned the whole time, yet was pretty close to her. So as of right now, Dina is really the only one that makes sense.

Or they could go John Wick with it and they killed her new puppy/dog, lol. Which would be both funny and awesome.

I wonder if they're bringing Bill back from the first game too.. he was a great character on his own and was really the only survivor from the first game aside from Joel and Ellie, lol. As I was going back to review all the characters from the first game too, you all may be surprised to find out that David in the first game (the cannibal leader that almost raped/killed Ellie) was voiced by Nolan North; the same guy that voiced Nathan Drake in the Uncharted games. I've somehow avoided that fact until now, heh.

Did you play the first game? That was one of the best moments in the game.

yes, genius, I loved the first game without ever playing it :rolleyes:

I'm sorry that my opinion of Ellie offends you to try and call me out. Joel was the best part of TLOU, period. Ellie, imo, was annoying. Sorry.

Doesn't make sense.. so you didn't play through 1/5 of the first game or the DLC? Joel is still a major part of this game as well.

Ah, another offended Ellie fan. Did you know it's possible to speed play through boring parts of video games? That's what I did - I blitzed through any Ellie parts because they were stupid and boring.

It seems hard for you to use basic logic; if I didn't like Ellie, then you can be damn sure I skipped the fucking DLC. Jesus....

yes, genius, I loved the first game without ever playing it :rolleyes:

I'm sorry that my opinion of Ellie offends you to try and call me out. Joel was the best part of TLOU, period. Ellie, imo, was annoying. Sorry.
Ah, another offended Ellie fan. Did you know it's possible to speed play through boring parts of video games? That's what I did - I blitzed through any Ellie parts because they were stupid and boring.

It seems hard for you to use basic logic; if I didn't like Ellie, then you can be damn sure I skipped the fucking DLC. Jesus....
You are the one getting offended and uptight about Ellie parts. No need to get so angry over it.

Last edited:
I have a gimx already, it's a nightmare for anything but racing games. There is just no way to properly configure games designed to work on 6 analog axes for a mouse/kb.

Xim has been doing this for multiple generations deep. Not sure if "gimx" is just a typo or not, but that is the solution if you want it.

Xim has been doing this for multiple generations deep. Not sure if "gimx" is just a typo or not, but that is the solution if you want it.
Seems like the same thing, just a fancier more expensive version.

Lol triggered much? Jesus.... :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:

I wasn't offended and not particularly an Ellie fan which you would know if you've read my previous posts here. But from a game play perspective, she doesn't play much differently than Joel at all and given that she's just as much the main character as Joel as well, it just doesn't make sense that you would like the game but dislike her so much. Esp. considering she's going to be more able than Joel in this game now that you can jump, dodge and crawl.

Anyways, more game footage and commentary from Druckmann:

Last edited:
Meh I am ok with it. This is a real AAA game and not some rushed together MT garbage that EA likes to push out. Two month delay isn't too bad.

It's 3 months, but I'm right there with you.. just figured ND would have been more confident in their initial release date before announcing it in the first place. But I guess that's par for course for most AAA PS exclusives, they usually get delayed a few times, just usually after they give a rough time frame instead of a specific date.

The first one came out June, and I bought it as a birthday present for myself. This one is turning into another birthday present.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
The first one came out June, and I bought it as a birthday present for myself. This one is turning into another birthday present.

Hah, I did the same with Uncharted 4; came out right on my B-day on May 10. TLOU came out during the week or two I had between classes as well, so that worked out perfectly. I thought about that when I just saw this delay though, would be funny to come out on my B-day again.

I just looked it up and TLoU came out 6/14/13, one day before my b-day. Dang, it's been 7 years., it doesn't seem like that long ago.

I'm ok with a delay, gives me more time to clear out my backlog.

I just looked it up and TLoU came out 6/14/13, one day before my b-day. Dang, it's been 7 years., it doesn't seem like that long ago.

I'm ok with a delay, gives me more time to clear out my backlog.
I hope it lives up to the hype. I loved the original.

any more delays and they should have just launched this as a PS5 launch title...
People would bitch and would hurt sales. I don't see ps5 needing it to move consoles. There like 60 million ps4 out there to probably only a few million they might have ready for the holiday season. With or without last of us 2 they would still sell out. Also they can double dip when they release a "UHD" for ps5 later.

any more delays and they should have just launched this as a PS5 launch title...

People would bitch and would hurt sales. I don't see ps5 needing it to move consoles. There like 60 million ps4 out there to probably only a few million they might have ready for the holiday season. With or without last of us 2 they would still sell out. Also they can double dip when they release a "UHD" for ps5 later.

I doubt he meant a PS5 exclusive launch title, because they've already committed to this and all another announced games coming to PS4, but they could possibly launch on both at around the same time. I don't see that happening though. They'll stick with the May launch or possibly June, then do a remastered version on PS5 not long after it launches prolly, which I'll buy the PS5 for alone, hah.

Back