The Last of Us: Part II

Domingo

Fully [H]
I think someone has to be pretty conservative to see TLoU2 as "woke." At least if someone actually played it. I mean, I could describe it as "Angry lesbian partners with transgender Asian to murder progressive crossfiter in liberal hellhole" but that's using a shitload of hyperbole.

T4rd

Fully [H]
ghosts was better and out sold it but isnt woke so....

Lol

0708719d6fe2fb9063e66f3b24f5087c.jpg

Quick search shows TLoU 2 sold 4 million in its first weekend. Ghosts just passed 5 million after 4 months.

Anyone who's actually played the game knows the woke argument is super weak here. I'm pretty conservative; subbed to Daily Wire, Steven Crowder, Mark Dice, etc, and can go along with pretty much any of the people in soapbox here, and have to say if you can't get past a lesbian and Mulan character in a story, you're so far right you might as well start your own clan chapter in your area (I know their Dem origins too - they're not now though).

Last edited:

DPI

[H]F Junkie
I liked the first TLOU, but I was waiting on PS5 until I played TLOU2 in anticipation of enhancements - my religious beliefs do not allow me to play 30FPS games anymore. Naughty Dog has added some PS5-specific directional haptic feedback to the game, but hasn't yet added 60FPS via Game Boost. I'll give it another month in hopes that changes. Until then it's Demon's Souls, followed by Ghost of Tsushima which did get the PS5 60FPS bump + faster loadtimes.

DPI

[H]F Junkie
Haven't played Ghosts yet, just TLoU2.
TLoU2 isn't super woke, just has one "trans" kid who's a girl that wants to be a boy, and her religious cult tries to kill her for it.
That's it. The gameplay, story, and length make it a game well worth playing, and they don't shove anything down your throat.

Once I do play Ghosts of Tsushima, I'll decide which one I like more personally.
Alas, the people that say they want politics kept out of video games are always the first to bring it up.

Putting that aside, I haven't played either game, but I've watched videos of the first 30min of each game, and on those impressions I look forward to TLOU2 more. The combat, and the mood/atmosphere/environments are way more appealing than more japanese/samurai shit. Maybe it's Sekiro fatigue, but watching FightinCowboy on YT play Ghost of Tsushima I kept thinking "I'm sure at some point this is going to pick up and get more interesting".

T4rd

Fully [H]
I was waiting to replay through this for a 3rd time on PS5 as well, at 60 FPS as well just like I did again on TLoU Remastered when it came out again on PS4. But I hope they don't "remaster" TLoU 2 so soon again on PS5 just to milk it for more money, which I don't expect them to do given there were significant architecture differences between PS3 and PS4 and there's not this time going to PS5. So they should just patch it in IMO, though they did just "remaster" Spiderman and then lock it behind a $70 edition of Miles Morales with no way to buy it by itself. Or they may be waiting for the multiplayer DLC to come out and bundle it with that, which may also be paid DLC, which I wouldn't mind as long as it's $30 or less. I don't normally like playing multiplayer either, but TLoU multiplayer was actually really good so I'm kinda looking forward to that as well for part 2.

pendragon1

Fully [H]
Lol

View attachment 300918

Quick search shows TLoU 2 sold 4 million in its first weekend. Ghosts just past 5 million after 4 months.

Anyone who's actually played the game knows the woke argument is super weak here. I'm pretty conservative; subbed to Daily Wire, Steven Crowder, Mark Dice, etc, and can go along with pretty much any of the people in soapbox here, and have to say if you can't get past a lesbian and Mulan character in a story, you're so far right you might as well start your own clan chapter in your area (I know their Dem origins too - they're not now though).
figured you hadnt raved about it enough so id give you something to set off on. yeah it sold 4m and then people went WTF?! and it fell to zero.
edit: oh and it was 4m sold to stores, not people. there are plenty left unsold and some places couldnt even give it away.

Colonel Sanders

Supreme [H]ardness
figured you hadnt raved about it enough so id give you something to set off on. yeah it sold 4m and then people went WTF?! and it fell to zero.
edit: oh and it was 4m sold to stores, not people. there are plenty left unsold and some places couldnt even give it away.
imagine being so butthurt about a videogame that you actually care and hope that it didn't sell well

Colonel Sanders

Supreme [H]ardness
They haven't thought this game through. Humanity is on brink of extinction nd....lesbians nd gays? Wake up! Two women cnt have children, same for two men. You need male gadget to plug into female outlet. Otherwise no kids. How did they plan to continue life after disease... smh
lol never change, Taco