The Last of Us Part I

Forbidden West, Last of Us Part 2 are the ones I want the most. Ghost of Tsushima looks interesting enough. I would also play the new God of War when that comes. MGS4, I doubt that would happen without a full remake. I would like it, but being a PS3 only game I doubt it. Especially since Konami owns it.

I forgot about Ragnarok so yeah that and Spider-Man 2 but those won't be coming to PC for awhile (2 years?)

Couple of crashes on the 3060 ti, guess Iron Galaxy did strike again. Fortunately, Drakes Fortune is excellent now but it took a while.

I'm not sure why Sony chose Iron Galaxy to do the Naughty Dog ports...you would think Nixxes would have been the better choice for one of the biggest Sony first party studios...I guess Nixxes is busy with Forbidden West and they did do both Spidey PC ports...unfortunately they can't do all the PS ports...but even Climax Studios (Returnal PC port) and Jetpack Interactive (God of War PC) would have been better options

Last edited:
It's fucking ridiculous that my CPU is hovering around 100 C while building shaders.

I'm not sure why Sony chose Iron Galaxy to do the Naughty Dog ports...you would think Nixxes would have been the better choice for one of the biggest Sony first part developers...I guess Nixxes is busy with Forbidden West and they did do both Spidey PC ports...unfortunately they can't do all the PS ports...but even Climax Studios (Returnal PC port) and Jetpack Interactive (God of War PC) would have been better options
TBH I'd rather them working on forbidden west haha, I loved zero dawn. I love this game too but I played it when it released back in the day.
It's fucking ridiculous that my CPU is hovering around 100 C while building shaders.
There was a post about this on reddit, some guy replaced one of the dlls they used to build shaders with a newer version and it fixed the issue. Same api fifa 2023 uses, i'll see if I can dig it up.

So I guess that was probably at least 15 minutes or so that it was between 90 and 100 C and then after that it stopped pushing the CPU so hard and the temps dropped down. If I run Dead Space uncapped my CPU will hit over 90 at times which is insane but those are not normal settings I would use.

After playing that stuttering shitshow known as The Callisto Protocol for the last few days, its nice to have smooth locked performance.

The game did crash for me though when I tried to exit to the menu....

It's generally a smooth running game. The issue is that many are just having constant crashes. The fact that I can quite easily crash the game in very specific spots tells me it's not my system.

You have a cooling issue if this is the case. Unless you playing in a laptop.
It has nothing to do with my cooling and there are tons of people reporting the same exact thing. The CPU was put at 100% full load which there is no normal scenario that would ever do that so of course it's pushing the CPU temps to the max. There is no cooler made that could keep a 13700k or 13900k from hitting 100 in those conditions.

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with my cooling and there are tons of people reporting the same exact thing. The CPU was put at 100% full load which there is no normal scenario that would ever do that.so of course it's pushing the CPU temps to the max.
Yeah, it’s equivalent to a full load AVX type test. It’ll peg any CPU no matter the cooling to thermal limit.

sounds like the shader compilation is a new way of stress testing your CPU...the new Prime95 or Kombustor...if your CPU survives then it's stable ;)

After playing that stuttering shitshow known as The Callisto Protocol for the last few days, its nice to have smooth locked performance.

The game did crash for me though when I tried to exit to the menu....

Callisto Protocol is still running like shit? Disappointing as I was giving it a few months and about to try it out again

Man this shader compile is taking quite a bit of time on the Steam Deck. 15min only at 20%, GPU and CPU 85-89c. Looking over the options it's running FSR 2 and settings are all low. Worst part is I can't actually play the game on the PC cause the deck is running it though not playing but compiling. I'll probably most likely end up deleting it pretty quickly from the deck lol.

Edit: 45 minutes to compile. It can only run with FSR2 enabled, in Quality mode, generally 30-35 fps, about 32-40fps in balanced mode but kinda ugly. Everything is low. About a little less than 1 hour played and no crashes.

Last edited:
Callisto Protocol is still running like shit? Disappointing as I was giving it a few months and about to try it out again
It ran fine for a while with basically zero stutter and then the last patch brought it back. With RT its a mess with nearly every effect causing huge spikes. Without RT off its much better but still lots of stutters and some places just cant keep even 60 fps. I have had it drop into the 30s when a hologram pops up. DX11 is the best way to play it now with much less fps drop from the stutters. The game is pretty much dead with hardly anyone that even cares about it at this point.

For ref, my shader comp (done it a few times now as tested diff GFX drivers) takes 23 minutes exactly. 12700KF, whilst compiling the CPU does not exceed 65 degrees (Arctic Freezer II 280mm with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut paste). The SSD you have is largely not relevant as long as it's not total toilet, because the write speeds are sub 100MB/s during shader compilation which is why it seems to be taking so long to compile for many people.

Oh Callisto was patched to near perfection ages ago, runs great now.

Free FPS is always nice :) 20 is alot too.
Spoke too soon, they do need to patch this up quick, FSR/DLSS for me has a random crash to desktop bug. I did lots of testing with various fixes people mentioned online and nothing worked until I figured I'd try playing with no DLSS/FSR enabled and hey presto, no more crashes at all.

Native res with Ultra is pretty demanding, but the 3080 Ti seems to be 60fps or more anyway so I'm fine with playing like this until a patch is out.

For ref, my shader comp (done it a few times now as tested diff GFX drivers) takes 23 minutes exactly. 12700KF, whilst compiling the CPU does not exceed 65 degrees (Arctic Freezer II 280mm with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut paste). The SSD you have is largely not relevant as long as it's not total toilet, because the write speeds are sub 100MB/s during shader compilation which is why it seems to be taking so long to compile for many people.

Oh Callisto was patched to near perfection ages ago, runs great now.

Spoke too soon, they do need to patch this up quick, FSR/DLSS for me has a random crash to desktop bug. I did lots of testing with various fixes people mentioned online and nothing worked until I figured I'd try playing with no DLSS/FSR enabled and hey presto, no more crashes at all.

Native res with Ultra is pretty demanding, but the 3080 Ti seems to be 60fps or more anyway so I'm fine with playing like this until a patch is out.
Native res must not be 4k as a 3080 ti is no where near holding 60 fps on ultra at that res.

Funny, everyone said 8/10/12gb might be an issue. Seems like thats the case now.

I was able to largely resolve my crashing by not running DLSS/FSR. That was the #1 culprit. Even then, had some crashing. Lowering some settings from Ultra to high even though I seemingly have enough VRAM seems to have resolved the rest of the crashing issues.

Sucks not having DLSS though - The 3080ti really needs it to achieve a more acceptable framerate in this game w/ High+ settings at 1440.

Although i'm still more pissed off i'm having to live like a Peasant and use my Wife's 3080ti since my MSI 4090 took a shit and it's out for RMA.

I was able to largely resolve my crashing by not running DLSS/FSR. That was the #1 culprit. Even then, had some crashing. Lowering some settings from Ultra to high even though I seemingly have enough VRAM seems to have resolved the rest of the crashing issues.

Sucks not having DLSS though - The 3080ti really needs it to achieve a more acceptable framerate in this game w/ High+ settings at 1440.

Although i'm still more pissed off i'm having to live like a Peasant and use my Wife's 3080ti since my MSI 4090 took a shit and it's out for RMA.
Oh poor you playing on a 3080ti lol.

Yeah turning off DLSS for many seems to be the crash fix.

Native res must not be 4k as a 3080 ti is no where near holding 60 fps on ultra at that res.
3440x1440 - I've got all but two settings on Ultra so my VRAM isn't exceeded:

Attachments

• hRta5K4.jpg
    hRta5K4.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 0

It has nothing to do with my cooling and there are tons of people reporting the same exact thing. The CPU was put at 100% full load which there is no normal scenario that would ever do that so of course it's pushing the CPU temps to the max. There is no cooler made that could keep a 13700k or 13900k from hitting 100 in those conditions.

Yeah, it’s equivalent to a full load AVX type test. It’ll peg any CPU no matter the cooling to thermal limit.
I am not defending a PC Game or big corporation,if this hurts your feeling too bad
I say trust the real engineers that actually make the CPU's . Not your feelings
New Intel CPU's designed to work at 100+°C
New AMD CPU's designed to work at 95°C
HWInfo64 at end of Video 8:10
My 13700KF CPU hit Max 61°C at 5300Mhz all core load.
My RTX 4090 GPU hit Max Hot Spot 70°C at 3000+Mhz
Computer has normal CPU cooling with cheap 360MM AIO.

This is on original stock ILM CPU lock-down bracket that came default with my Z690.
If your believe your CPU is too hot and you do not trust engineers at Intel/AMD change the way your CPU runs.

Intel-13700KF undervolt BIOS Settings I used-Adjust your CPU voltage for your CPU for stability.
https://postimg.cc/06F74PqS
AMD 7700X-Undervolt https://postimg.cc/ykn8QjF4

The Last of Us Part I . Well I timed the shader cache load time it took less then 10 minutes.Too long for some yes ,I did not care.
Computer used in video
♦ CPU - Intel 13700KF With MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2
♦ GPU -GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC
♦ RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB CL36 6400MT's
♦ Mobo - ASUS Prime Z-690 P DDR5 (BIOS 2212)
♦ NVME - ADATA XPG GAMMIX S70 Blade Read:7400MB/s; Write: 5500MB/s
♦ DSP -Samsung 85-inch QN85B Neo QLED 4K UHD HDR 24X Dolby Atmos Gaming Smart TV
♦ PSU - EVGA GQ 1000W
♦ CASE -Phanteks Eclispe 500A

I am not defending a PC Game or big corporation,if this hurts your feeling too bad
I say trust the real engineers that actually make the CPU's . Not your feelings
New Intel CPU's designed to work at 100+°C
New AMD CPU's designed to work at 95°C
HWInfo64 at end of Video 8:10
My 13700KF CPU hit Max 61°C at 5300Mhz all core load.
My RTX 4090 GPU hit Max Hot Spot 70°C at 3000+Mhz
Computer has normal CPU cooling with cheap 360MM AIO.

This is on original stock ILM CPU lock-down bracket that came default with my Z690.
If your believe your CPU is too hot and you do not trust engineers at Intel/AMD change the way your CPU runs.

Intel-13700KF undervolt BIOS Settings I used-Adjust your CPU voltage for your CPU for stability.
https://postimg.cc/06F74PqS
AMD 7700X-Undervolt https://postimg.cc/ykn8QjF4

The Last of Us Part I . Well I timed the shader cache load time it took less then 10 minutes.Too long for some yes ,I did not care.
Computer used in video
♦ CPU - Intel 13700KF With MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2
♦ GPU -GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC
♦ RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB CL36 6400MT's
♦ Mobo - ASUS Prime Z-690 P DDR5 (BIOS 2212)
♦ NVME - ADATA XPG GAMMIX S70 Blade Read:7400MB/s; Write: 5500MB/s
♦ DSP -Samsung 85-inch QN85B Neo QLED 4K UHD HDR 24X Dolby Atmos Gaming Smart TV
♦ PSU - EVGA GQ 1000W
♦ CASE -Phanteks Eclispe 500A

I'm perfectly aware that a CPU can run at those limits, and should be able to do so 24/7. I have a 360mm AIO as well - But with a 5800x3d it's basically impossible to cool it to the point where it won't bounce off the 90c throttle limit due to the stacked cache when you're running 100% load for any significant period of time. Personally, I don't really care, because even bouncing off 90c at all-core load the 5800x3D is still operating at like 4.1~ ghz which is good enough.

Also, saying you don't care that it only took 10 minutes on your 13700k is kind of silly. Most people don't have anywhere near that beefy of a CPU, nor should it be needed. Even my 5800X3d was looking at 20+min. I can't imagine how long it would have took if I had a more 'average' CPU like a 2700x/3700x, or couple more generation old Intel. Some people were looking at 30min+ which is just absurd. Something is obviously wrong with this game and how it is doing the shader cache process. The evidence here is Uncharted 4 doesn't have this issue, and it's fundamentally largely the same game from a technical perspective.

Glad I didn't order yet. SONY ports to PC seem to have a lot of issues. For example God of War keeps crashing on me and couldn't find an answer why so I gave up playing till it hopefully gets fixed.

At the very least the Playstation ports thus far have been updated quickly. Eventually they became good if not great. Hopefully this one follows that trend. Even if I don't love the first game, TLoU might be Sony's highest profile exclusive game. I kinda doubt they'll let it suck forever.

Apparently, cracked versions of the game may have some fixes for some crashing and shader compile speeds. Something about DLSS fix .ini and swapping some DLLS. If true, these might be quick issues to resolve.

I am going to wait around a week for official patches. Seems like this can be fixed quickly, but it also seems like my RTX 3070 won't be up for the task. Which would be disappointing, because Uncharted 4 looked great and also ran perfectly fine.

They did release a patch, but it didn’t fix the DLSS crashing. Although it feels like in game performance was improved some.

The patch fixed nothing, it's only a 35MB update that changes very little of the actual game itself.

why do so many people continue to pre-order PC games?...especially in light of all the shoddy PC ports from the past few months...why is it so difficult for some of you to wait at least until Day 2 to see if there are any major issues?...are there some pre-order bonuses that you can't resist?...do you think the price is too good to pass up?...no matter how much you are looking forward to a game can you not hold out 1 extra day?

why do so many people continue to pre-order PC games?...especially in light of all the shoddy PC ports from the past few months?...why is it so difficult for some of you to wait at least until Day 2 to see if there are any major issues?...are there some pre-order bonuses that you can't resist?...do you think the price is too good to pass up?...no matter how much you are looking forward to a game can you not hold out 1 extra day?
For this game I did it because I falsely assumed that it would release smooth because they already figured this out with Uncharted 4, and they are basically the same games under the hood. That game ran great for me. Unfortunately, I was wrong.

why do so many people continue to pre-order PC games?...especially in light of all the shoddy PC ports from the past few months...why is it so difficult for some of you to wait at least until Day 2 to see if there are any major issues?...are there some pre-order bonuses that you can't resist?...do you think the price is too good to pass up?...no matter how much you are looking forward to a game can you not hold out 1 extra day?
I only do that with two or three games a year if I'm really really looking forward to them and there's a good price on a site like CDkeys. It seems the price goes up on a lot of those key sites right when a game gets released, especially if it's real popular, so it's cheaper to order them before they're released.

I'm not adverse to ever doing it, but just to give perspective - the last two games I did it on were Shadow of the Tomb Raider (because I really enjoyed the first two, but still feel like I got burned simply because the game was weak AF) and Resident Evil 2 Remake

Before that I think it was Metal Gear Solid 5

I'm not adverse to ever doing it, but just to give perspective - the last two games I did it on were Shadow of the Tomb Raider (because I really enjoyed the first two, but still feel like I got burned simply because the game was weak AF) and Resident Evil 2 Remake

Before that I think it was Metal Gear Solid 5
Shadow of the tomb raider was on sale for around 50% off before it even was properly patched. I remember being one of the many pissed off people about that.

Shadow of the tomb raider was on sale for around 50% off before it even was properly patched. I remember being one of the many pissed off people about that.

I got the first reboot for $5 1 year after launch, and with the amount I enjoyed it, I figured I owed them some $ so that eased the pain a little lol

I started playing again after taking a b
This is the first game I have pre-purchased that hasn't been WoW. I have no issues besides the waiting for the shader cache.

Why do people like you always want to tell other people what to do. Any game I want to play I am going to buy it.I wanted to play this game and it has been a pleasure on my system playing,I am going to do it again and pre-order any game I want.
I will even use a VPN to play the game early ,muhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa 1 billion dollars,I guess the hot takes are real ,everyone has a complaint on the internet.

Technical issues aside, from gameplay perspective, which game is considered better? This one or Uncharted? Have not played either. Figured I would try one of these to see what's hype all about

Back