The Last of Us Part I

Iron Galaxy has made some mistakes, but they've also knocked it out of the park a few times, too.
When? I don't recall any pc ports made by Iron Galaxy that were "knocked out of the park."
I'm kinda surprised by Iron Galaxy, thought Sony purchased Nixxes to be their 'PC port studio'.
Naughty Dog has a hard-on for Iron Galaxy, for some reason. Maybe Druckmann has some friends who work there. Nixxes may also be busy with their original IP and/or another port like Horizon Forbidden West.

When? I don't recall any pc ports made by Iron Galaxy that were "knocked out of the park."
Not necessarily just PC ports (they've only done a couple of those entirely themselves), but plenty of console games and the new Killer Instinct which was entirely their own. KI's pretty well regarded by the fighting game community, especially considering the base material from the 90's. Seems they've been at least "involved" in tons of PC ports even if they weren't the only team working on 'em.

Did you play with mouse and keyboard? I remember they had a couple of different patches that actually made using a mouse even worse and I don't remember any patches after that that ever fixed it. I've been using a controller in that game so haven't had any issues.

Yes. I have no idea what mouse issues they had, but I played it some months back and it was 100% fine for me. I had zero issues. Perhaps one of the best optimized and bug free games I've played in years.

Yes. I have no idea what mouse issues they had, but I played it some months back and it was 100% fine for me. I had zero issues. Perhaps one of the best optimized and bug free games I've played in years.
Well maybe they had fixed it by then or you played it before they had another patch that messed it up. It was certainly a massive issue and you had to put your polling rate below 500 I believe for the mouse to even come close to operating normally. And then they fixed that and then another patch broke it again and that's the last I remember of it. I tested it when people were complaining yes it was an absolute stuttering mess to try to even move around with the mouse at that time.

Well maybe they had fixed it by then or you played it before they had another patch that messed it up. It was certainly a massive issue and you had to put your polling rate below 500 I believe for the mouse to even come close to operating normally. And then they fixed that and then another patch broke it again and that's the last I remember of it. I tested it when people were complaining yes it was an absolute stuttering mess to try to even move around with the mouse at that time.
I played it a couple of months ago with a m/kb and it was fucking perfect, I 100% agree with Flogger.

either way I wasn't going to buy this at launch...was always going to wait for a sale for 3 reasons...A) I didn't love this game as much as a lot of others...very good game but not one of the best games of all time...B) I already played it on PS4 so a graphics upgrade alone is not worth $59.99 (even though the upgrade does look really nice)...C) have to be leary of an Iron Galaxy PC port

I never played the second game so I'm hoping they release Part 2 on PC soon (Demon's Souls, Forbidden West and Ghost of Tsushima are the PS games I most want to see ported to PC ahead of LoU Part II)

I played it a couple of months ago with a m/kb and it was fucking perfect, I 100% agree with Flogger.
Okay well then they fixed it then. That doesn't change the fact that there were literally months that the mouse was essentially broken unless you went in and lowered your polling rate.

Okay well then they fixed it then. That doesn't change the fact that there were literally months that the mouse was essentially broken unless you went in and lowered your polling rate.

can you show us some links from reputable sources that show the issue that you are referring to?...you mention in multiple threads concerning various games that you can post videos if someone requests it but you never ever end up posting any videos...it seems like every game you complain about stuttering and claim everyone should see it (usually you just cite Digital Foundry)...then you recently posted a thread detailing the major issues (crashing/instability) you were having with your individual PC...ever think that a lot of these issues were caused by your system issues instead of it being a widespead thing?

here's a video from your Bible for graphics- Digital Foundry about the Legacy of Thieves PC port (launch day review)

Last edited:
Again it got broken on two different patches and I'm sure you could simply Google that and find out that information. Anyone that halfway followed that game could not be unaware of those issues. And has already said I use a controller so it was not an issue for me but I switched over to the mouse to see what people were talking about at that time and it was a mess just like they said. My gosh that's why I told you about how you had to change the polling rate because that was the workaround for that issue.

Again it got broken on two different patches and I'm sure you could simply Google that and find out that information. Anyone that halfway followed that game could not be unaware of those issues. And has already said I use a controller so it was not an issue for me but I switched over to the mouse to see what people were talking about at that time and it was a mess just like they said. My gosh that's why I told you about how you had to change the polling rate because that was the workaround for that issue.

and yet your Holy Bible- Digital Foundry- never mentioned it in their launch day review of the PC version...

and yet your Holy Bible- Digital Foundry- never mentioned it in their launch day review of the PC version...
I don't know if you're purposely being obtuse or simply not actually paying attention to what I'm saying. So again for the third time it was two different patches that caused the mouse issues. When digital foundry tested the game I think it would be safe to assume that it was before those patches. Again I'm pretty sure you have the ability to do a simple Google but you would rather just argue for some reason.

Just googled it myself and YES it was patches that messed up the mouse just like a said. A patch that messed up the mouse made the game nearly unplayable to move the mouse around unless you lowered the polling rate to 125 HZ. Also it introduced camera stuttering with mouse movement requiring you to set a max framerate in the control panel to stop the camera stuttering. I could post links all day about this issue but I will sum it up with just these two for now unless you still want to argue about it.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/fix-mouse-movement-issues-uncharted-legacy-of-thieves-collection/

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/unch...ra-stutters-and-here-is-how-you-can-fix-them/

Last edited:
I don't know if you're purposely being obtuse or simply not actually paying attention to what I'm saying. So again for the third time it was two different patches that caused the mouse issues. When digital foundry tested the game I think it would be safe to assume that it was before those patches. Again I'm pretty sure you have the ability to do a simple Google but you would rather just argue for some reason.

and you love to blame every game when it's obvious that your system also has major issues...

https://hardforum.com/threads/so-many-games-just-close-to-desktop.2026222/

either way I wasn't going to buy this at launch...was always going to wait for a sale for 3 reasons...A) I didn't love this game as much as a lot of others...very good game but not one of the best games of all time...B) I already played it on PS4 so a graphics upgrade alone is not worth $59.99 (even though the upgrade does look really nice)...C) have to be leary of an Iron Galaxy PC port

I never played the second game so I'm hoping they release Part 2 on PC soon (Demon's Souls, Forbidden West and Ghost of Tsushima are the PS games I most want to see ported to PC ahead of LoU Part II)
part 2 is fun to play, but the story actually sucks.

Last edited:
Ya'll arguing about a game thats a massive cash grab. Grab the ps3/ps4 copy for 10$ and be done with it.. same fuckin game even reviewers have said it doesnt warrent a remake title and if you don't have a console.. Well wait 2-3 months when game is all patched and 20$...

the HBO series is going to cover Part 2 over multiple seasons...so I'm guessing Naughty Dog will release Part II on PC around that time
I am hoping they fill in some glaring plot holes from part II.

Just googled it myself and YES it was patches that messed up the mouse just like a said. A patch that messed up the mouse made the game nearly unplayable to move the mouse around unless you lowered the polling rate to 125 HZ. Also it introduced camera stuttering with mouse movement requiring you to set a max framerate in the control panel to stop the camera stuttering. I could post links all day about this issue but I will sum it up with just these two for now unless you still want to argue about it.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/fix-mouse-movement-issues-uncharted-legacy-of-thieves-collection/

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/unch...ra-stutters-and-here-is-how-you-can-fix-them/

Looks like I played the game around November 10-11. At least that is when my screen shots were taken, and I never loaded up the game since finishing it. I did set an FPS cap which I do for all games to keep it within the G Sync range. I may have a global setting on through Nvidia's software.

Doesn't seem like they put a whole lot of effort into PC features...

I think they're relying on the story and gameplay over any high end PC features...the HBO series also was great marketing for the game...the fact that it's coming to PC for the first time will probably make this one of the top selling PS PC ports...I'm curious if this will sell better than the Spider-Man games, God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn

At its core this is still a game from 10 years ago. They can't really add much content without riling up the purists, and I honestly don't expect them to. I just hope it looks good and runs well out of the gate. We don't need another PC game that sucks on day 1 and takes weeks to fix. Considering the franchise is probably at an all-time high, I hope they realize that.

For those not familiar with that site I have bought over 50 games on there since 2016 with no issues.

doesn't change the fact that it's a gray market key site...that doesn't mean that all keys are stolen but I'd still prefer buying from official resellers like GMG, Voidu, GameBillet etc

doesn't change the fact that it's a gray market key site...that doesn't mean that all keys are stolen but I'd still prefer buying from official resellers like GMG, Voidu, GameBillet etc

I felt the same but TBH after years and years and years it's more reputable than not - just in the sense if more people were getting keys revoked than weren't all this time - it wouldn't still be around doing business like it is IMO - so that got me to start buying there

I just use a credit card linked to PayPal and pay through PayPal only on that site as 'insurance' - this was I can try and get a chargeback from PayPal, or secondarily a chargeback from the card if need be

Steam just revokes keys/games from your account they don't ban you so nothing to worry about there either (read from others who git bit, never got bit myself)

CDKeys always seems to have the best deals, been using them since 2016 when Doom 2016 came out, got it for $40 back when everyone was shelling out $59. I have never been burned by them.

I also just got the Deluxe Edition of Rage 2 for $9.89 from them, while the Spring sale on Steam has it for $14.99.

Add me to the list of CDKeys customers. Unless it's a franchise I really, really care about I buy almost everything from them. Never had a single issue and have even gotten 2 refunds for games that didn't work correctly. Some of those other discount sites actually create separate Steam accounts for your purchases, which is a total pain in the ass. CDKeys doesn't pull that nonsense.

Hey this game comes out on my Birthday I'm 48 I never played the series is it any good? I know they remade the graphics to where it doesn't even look like the original.

So far I've had constant crashing, not even playable once in game. The shader comp takes fucking forever as well. Like three-four times longer than Uncharted 4 which was already long.

However, I realized I was on an older driver, hoping the new driver fixes the constant nvidia crashing. Just waiting for my second round of 30 minute shader comp to complete.

No crashes here so far, I did update to the latest nvidia drivers before first launch. I played through a bit of the opening, stopped at the last section of the docks. Landing headshots is definitely easier with mouse and keyboard.

Shader compilation took a while and is like a CPU stress test so be prepared to potentially hear some loud fans for a bit while that process finishes.

Everything looks great, running on the ultra preset at 4K. I haven't really looked at FPS yet but it feels smooth enough. Playing on an LG 42C2 OLED.

Specs for reference
i5 13600k
32GB RAM

Nope, constant crashing. At least on a 3080ti. I'm using the recommended settings as well. Can only make it a few minutes of gameplay before the game/nvidia driver crashes. Shame, because it runs great otherwise.

No crashes here so far, I did update to the latest nvidia drivers before first launch. I played through a bit of the opening, stopped at the last section of the docks. Landing headshots is definitely easier with mouse and keyboard.

Shader compilation took a while and is like a CPU stress test so be prepared to potentially hear some loud fans for a bit while that process finishes.

Everything looks great, running on the ultra preset at 4K. I haven't really looked at FPS yet but it feels smooth enough. Playing on an LG 42C2 OLED.

Specs for reference
i5 13600k
32GB RAM
Just curious, does the game support proper HDR?

Hoping there are some quick hot fixes. I assumed the delay meant it would be a good launch.

Nope, constant crashing. At least on a 3080ti. I'm using the recommended settings as well. Can only make it a few minutes of gameplay before the game/nvidia driver crashes. Shame, because it runs great otherwise.
If it's nvlddmkm it's probably and unstable overclock.

Back