The Last of Us Part I

It'll be interesting to see what people who have never played the game think of it. The first half of the game is very stealth heavy. It's unforgiving with limited resources, instant death encounters, and enemies that constantly bob and weave, too. That does make every encounter pretty tense, though. As a game (not a story), I still don't love the first Last of Us. I feel like the 2nd game is way more approachable on the gameplay side of things.

Sony loves charging full price for their PC ports no matter how old it is...Returnal and Last of Us: Part 1 are both $59.99...at least Returnal is still somewhat recent

Sony loves charging full price for their PC ports no matter how old it is...Returnal and Last of Us: Part 1 are both $59.99...at least Returnal is still somewhat recent

Sony's new price is $70, so putting them at $60 is similar to their pricing for Horizon Zero Dawn and Days Gone at $50. $10 off.

Sony's new price is $70, so putting them at $60 is similar to their pricing for Horizon Zero Dawn and Days Gone at $50. $10 off.

overall it's not too big of a deal because PC prices drop very quickly...Spider-Man Remastered and Miles Morales are both currently on sale on Steam for $40.19 and $33.49

overall it's not too big of a deal because PC prices drop very quickly...Spider-Man Remastered and Miles Morales are both currently on sale on Steam for $40.19 and $33.49
So do disc based games. Surprising part one for PS5 been holding at $70. I seen it drop to $60 and that is it.

So do disc based games. Surprising part one for PS5 been holding at $70. I seen it drop to $60 and that is it.

TV show is probably driving a lot of new sales. We saw the same thing with Witcher.

As someone who never played the games I won't touch the TV show until I finish both games.

PlayStation had to keep entire Sony company afloat before a recession. Spider-Man movie money runs out eventually.

You can always get games for $15 or $20 cheaper even at launch by using one of the reputable key sites. I have this game pre-ordered for $44 which is not too bad. That said the regular MSRP of 60 bucks is still an ok deal for this particular game if you've never played it before. You're getting the absolute best experience possible. And I'm guessing this game is a lot less likely to end up an unoptimized technical shit show like most pc games nowadays.

The Last of Us Part I Digital Deluxe Edition for PC is now available to pre-purchase until release on 3/28/23...Grab early unlocks of in-game items like skills, upgrades, and more...

https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/1625193103023013889

LoU.png

Some of those automated upgrades would probably make the early sections of the game less annoying. To this day I still don't really like playing the first 1/3 of the game.

Would The Last of Us or the Batman Arkham games exist without Manhunt?

Ground-up remake for the PS5 also coming out for PC in the future.

Gematsu reuploaded the trailer in case Sony takes the link below down:

https://media.direct.playstation.co...e-last-of-us-part-1-game-announcement-trailer

View attachment 481432

I adore that a Computer version is available. Yet, I don't see the necessity for the PS5 port. This game has previously been restored, and the PS5 version plays it flawlessly. Of course, this gets gorgeous, but any game would. I would want to see ND's efforts directed in another direction like the Technoblade Caps

any chance they add ray-tracing to the PC release?
IMO if they didn't add it to the PS5 version, it won't be added to the PC version. They might add screen resolution and on/off/sliders for graphic options but no way they'd add a major buzz word feature to the PC that isn't in the PS5 version.

IMO if they didn't add it to the PS5 version, it won't be added to the PC version. They might add screen resolution and on/off/sliders for graphic options but no way they'd add a major buzz word feature to the PC that isn't in the PS5 version.

the Miles Morales and Returnal PC ports both had RT features that weren't available on the PS5...Miles Morales had RT shadows exclusive to PC and Returnal had RT reflections only on PC

the Miles Morales and Returnal PC ports both had RT features that weren't available on the PS5...Miles Morales had RT shadows exclusive to PC and Returnal had RT reflections only on PC
Yeah but they had RT something on PS5. IIRC this game has no RT of any type on PS5 so it probably won't on PC.

Watching the series on HBO MAX and loving it. Never played the game but will buy for PC when its on sale, hopefully later this year.

Requirements do look high. 1440P and 60 frame rates at only high settings with an RTX 2080ti / RTX 3070? Hopefully they can muster closer to 70 or so at ultra. But that video above does look fairly good graphically. I am hoping this is very well optimized out of the gate, which I think it will be considering the delay.

I might snag this for my wife's birthday. She's really enjoying the show and has never played the game before. She's also way more patient than me, so those sneaking missions early in the game won't annoy her as much. The system requirements seem pretty steep IMO, but her system is OP'd for her 1080p/60Hz monitor anyway.

Watching the series on HBO MAX and loving it. Never played the game but will buy for PC when its on sale, hopefully later this year.
If you're enjoying the show you're really going to enjoy the game. IMO the story told in the game is stronger.

Requirements do look high. 1440P and 60 frame rates at only high settings with an RTX 2080ti / RTX 3070? Hopefully they can muster closer to 70 or so at ultra. But that video above does look fairly good graphically. I am hoping this is very well optimized out of the gate, which I think it will be considering the delay.
Yeah with no RT seems pretty steep.

It'll probably be one of the best looking games out there. Personally I think it completely blows Cyberpunk and many other games that are considered great looking out of the water. There also won't be any of the jank like you see in Cyberpunk with the cars off in the distance or NPCs walking around in place or laughable amounts of pop in with objects being drawn in nearly right in front of you. I played The Last of Us part 2 on the base PS4 and was completely blown away by the graphics and still can't figure out how it made it look that good on such pathetically slow outdated hardware.

It'll probably be one of the best looking games out there. Personally I think it completely blows Cyberpunk and many other games that are considered great looking out of the water. There also won't be any of the jank like you see in Cyberpunk with the cars off in the distance or NPCs walking around in place or laughable amounts of pop in with objects being drawn in nearly right in front of you. I played The Last of Us part 2 on the base PS4 and was completely blown away by the graphics and still can't figure out how it made it look that good on such pathetically slow outdated hardware.
Narrow vertical and horizontal FOV that culls everything not being shown to the player. They did the same thing with Horizon. I think there is a DF video that goes into it.

crazy recommended specs for a game without any RT...I think my 3080 will be fine maxed out at 1440p...seems like the PS ports are becoming more demanding with each new release- Returnal and now LoU

Isn't the PS5 around 2080 super performance? Plus optimizing on the console will make that level of hardware punch way above its class. And even then the performance mode to get 60 FPS is at 1440p for the PS5. So if anything it looks like it's extremely well optimized if they're only asking for a 2080 TI for 1440p for 60 FPS at equal or better settings.

Isn't the PS5 around 2080 super performance? Plus optimizing on the console will make that level of hardware punch way above its class. And even then the performance mode to get 60 FPS is at 1440p for the PS5. So if anything it looks like it's extremely well optimized if they're only asking for a 2080 TI for 1440p for 60 FPS at equal or better settings.
It's around a 6600 XT.

Apparently Uncharted had some issues when they ported it. By the time I played it, a few weeks after it came out, it ran perfectly. So I wouldn't write it off yet. Uncharted 4 ran absolutely flawlessly for me, high frame rates, no stutters and looked great.

Apparently Uncharted had some issues when they ported it. By the time I played it, a few weeks after it came out, it ran perfectly. So I wouldn't write it off yet. Uncharted 4 ran absolutely flawlessly for me, high frame rates, no stutters and looked great.
Did you play with mouse and keyboard? I remember they had a couple of different patches that actually made using a mouse even worse and I don't remember any patches after that that ever fixed it. I've been using a controller in that game so haven't had any issues.

Iron Galaxy has made some mistakes, but they've also knocked it out of the park a few times, too.

I'm kinda surprised by Iron Galaxy, thought Sony purchased Nixxes to be their 'PC port studio'.

Iron Galaxy mostly gets a bad rap for the Arkham Knight PC port...that disaster will forever stain their legacy...Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves had a few issues but was mostly fixed with a few patches

Back