The Last of Us Part I

Not sure about the girl, Ellie was a tomboy, this girl just looks weird and nothing like Ellie, the personality doesn't match. Maybe she has acting chops though, we'll see.

She was cool as Lady Mormont in the latter seasons of Game of Thrones for whatever that's worth

Hopefully they put the PS5 version on sale at some point. It's a title I'm absolutely interested in, but it'll be a cold day in hell when I buy the same game at full price 3 times.

Crazy to think how a game originally released in 2013 is still making bank $

You called me?

1670688133475.png

Interesting release date, just after the end of the first season of the HBO show adaptation. I guess they didn't want the show to have to compete with the PC game release and make comparisons. ;)

Looks like it's on sale right now, but it's still close to $50. I simply won't pay that considering I've already bought this game twice. Maybe I'll just buy the Steam version via CDKeys/etc. at this rate.

Looks like it's on sale right now, but it's still close to $50. I simply won't pay that considering I've already bought this game twice. Maybe I'll just buy the Steam version via CDKeys/etc. at this rate.

Or in a year or so it'll be part of ps+

Seems complete opposite of what is being posted in the actual show thread.

they must be cherry picking the negative reviews...just do a Google search for 'The Last of Us HBO reviews' and it's overwhelmingly positive

People still give a shit about what "critics" have to say?

yes...not all reviews...but just like with video game reviews I have 2-3 places that I trust...doesn't mean I'm going to base my decision off their reviews but I like to read certain sites

yes...not all reviews...but just like with video game reviews I have 2-3 places that I trust...doesn't mean I'm going to base my decision off their reviews but I like to read certain sites
So in other words the point still stands, the consensus of dip shit moralising and agenda pushing critics are irrelevant because you have a vetted handful of reviewers you trust.

I'm excited for it. I looks like the best case scenario for a game adaptation IMO. The internet is all about negativity and clicks, so I couldn't care less about what most of it thinks.

I watched the first episode last night. They changed a few things but so far it's excellent. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

A Father’s Love– Building The Last of Us Episode 1

Naughty Dog goes behind the scenes of the creation of The Last of Us’ iconic opening and preserving it for The Last of Us Part I...members of the development team break down the work that went into its creation and elevating it with the power of the PS5 with Part I, while creatives behind the HBO adaptation of The Last of Us discuss bringing the memorable sequence to live-action...

That sequence is probably the worst part in the entire episode I almost rage quit after the first few minutes. They not only race-swapped Sarah, but made her Joel's mother basically.

That sequence is probably the worst part in the entire episode I almost rage quit after the first few minutes. They not only race-swapped Sarah, but made her Joel's mother basically.

Well that is certainly a take. Nothing about Sarah made her "basically Joel's mother". She acted mature for a young teen, but that tends to happen to children that often have to take care of themselves, as is implied by episode.

but that tends to happen to children that often have to take care of themselves, as is implied by episode.
You don't see the forest because of the trees? That's exactly my point, the shows wants you to believe that Joel is a negligent parent. Because god forbid we present a positive father figure in current year.

You don't see the forest because of the trees? That's exactly my point, the shows wants you to believe that Joel is a negligent parent. Because god forbid we present a positive father figure in current year.

I'm not missing anything, I'm just choosing not to twist what the episode is showing in order to fit an agenda. What they showed is the reality for a lot of kids of single parents, especially parents that have more blue-collar jobs. It's not negligence in the least bit. Sarah is bit more mature for what I presume is the age they're aiming for, but she's still very clearly a kid and she very clearly has a good relationship with her father. The playful banter, the way Sarah goes out of her way to do something special for her dad, the way Joel holds her while watching the movie, and so on, it all speaks to Joel being a good parent that's doing the best he can. If anything, getting to see more of Joel pre-infection really sells how much of a transformation he went through during the 20 years between then and when we see him again.

Beyond that, this is all something hinted at in the game itself. Sarah is sleeping on the couch, waiting for Joel to arrive, and he doesn't even get home until almost midnight (versus 10pm in the show). Joel's lines about the contractor in the opening of the show is the conversation he was having with Tommy when he walked in and accidentally woke Sarah. It's implied that this isn't exactly the first time Joel has gotten home from work rather late. This would also mean that game Sarah would also be in a position where she has to fend for herself while Joel is away, just like the show version. So, even if they wanted to imply that Joel wasn't a positive father figure (which is not what the scenes are saying at all) it would still be true to the original bloody game.

This and Jedi Survivor were my most anticipated upcoming games, so that is a bit disappointing. At least it isn't a long delay.

Back