The Last of Us Part I

Man, are they replacing black bad guys with white guys in the remake?

View attachment 481642

I really fucking hope for their sake this is just a randomized NPC, and not politics.

Could be:

1) Work in progress, don't have the black guy added in yet.

2) Laziness, it is a remake but maybe they're skimping on uniquely made NPC characters to get it out the door quicker.

Or it could be what you said. I never played the original so I am not sure if this is a specific scene. If it is, that is lame to change something like that.

Please use spoiler tags. You totally overshared here. And right after someone posted saying they have never played the second game.

I agree...this is a thread for the PC version so people should use spoilers...since the game is 2 years old it's OK to spoil things in the console thread but people should be more careful in the PC section where people might not have played the game (or its sequel)

I agree...this is a thread for the PC version so people should use spoilers...since the game is 2 years old it's OK to spoil things in the console thread but people should be more careful in the PC section where people might not have played the game (or its sequel)

Exactly. Same with the FF7 Remake thread. Chances are many of use never played the originals.

I did not pass judgement yet, IDK why are you acting so strangely. As if we don't have a reason to suspect politics behind such changes in remakes.
But perhaps you can offer a plausible alternative outside of the one I already said I'm hoping for.

Sorry, it wasn’t just you it was frustration at the entire concept of “one little thing makes a game racist” or “they’re just doing this one thing to pander to x group”.

As for why: It’s a different team working on the remake compared to the original. Even though they’re re-creating the scenes since they’re remaking them all it’s possible they just threw another NPC model in there. If I remember right, the original NPC was a unique model, the new one looks like it could be a generic enemy model.

The Last of Us Part 1 PS5 vs The Last of Us Remastered PS4 Pro Improvements Detailed!

N★UGHTY DOG

Look forward to the remaster of the remastered remake on the PS6. Pay full price to play it...again again.

I really like the new model. Makes her look more her age and really shows the hard life she has lived.

I agree...much improved character model...very photorealistic...now looks like a real person versus an animated character

I agree...much improved character model...very photorealistic...now looks like a real person versus an animated character

Yeah, all the new models are great. TLOU2 had good character models too, but I almost think these are a little step up. At least in terms of facial animation.

I really like the new model. Makes her look more her age and really shows the hard life she has lived.

I never played the original be she does look much older. Maybe that is what they originally intended.

I hope they do a remastered TLOU 2 for the eventual PC port. Game isn't that old but I assume a bit of an update could be needed as it was a PS4 first game.

It's funny watching a group of people that historically complain when graphics aren't absolutely cutting edge, talk about a game that's 8-9 years old being good enough. Then asking why they'd bother. :p

Naughty Dog details the new features and gameplay of Last of Us- Part 1...it's about the PS5 but also applies to PC...

It looks great but again this game has no business being 70 and 100 bucks. There is no story to come up with and no actor involvement or anything else that is needed for making a new game. This remake is mainly just porting over the same game to the newer Last of Us part 2 engine and making some enhancements using that newer engine's improvements. It is a tiny fraction of the cost and time of making a brand new AAA game from the ground up.

It looks great but again this game has no business being 70 and 100 bucks. There is no story to come up with and no actor involvement or anything else that is needed for making a new game. This remake is mainly just porting over the same game to the newer Last of Us part 2 engine and making some enhancements using that newer engine's improvements. It is a tiny fraction of the cost and time of making a brand new AAA game from the ground up.
Then don't buy it on release. It will be $40 or less after a couple months.

Then don't buy it on release. It will be $40 or less after a couple months.
Of course I will wait until its on sale. I am just sick of the idiots trying to justify that insane price for a "remake". No matter what bullshit excuse people make up it again only costs a tiny fraction of the time and expense of making a new game so there is no excuse for a release price of $70. And that $100 version of the game is a goodamn joke.

Hearing what devs are saying about the remake I'm 98% certain they will reamake Part 2 where Joel lives by the end.

the graphics are the biggest improvement with this new version...they're also adding all the mechanics from Last of Us 2...this is definitely the definitive version of the game...since it's never been released on PC before I guess they feel it's worth the high end price...I already played it on PS4 so I'll wait for a major sale...plus I didn't think the story was all-time great as a lot of others seem to think...very good story driven game but not all-time great

the graphics are the biggest improvement with this new version...they're also adding all the mechanics from Last of Us 2...this is definitely the definitive version of the game...since it's never been released on PC before I guess they feel it's worth the high end price...I already played it on PS4 so I'll wait for a major sale...plus I didn't think the story was all-time great as a lot of others seem to think...very good story driven game but not all-time great
i think the story was an all-time great, unlike what some others say.

Should be $50.
$40 for the base and $50 for the version with the dinky extras probably sounds fair for most people and they would still be making a killing. I think PS players that already have the remastered version should get a $10 discount on top of that.

If so then this is more of a remaster than a remake.
Well it is a graphical remake, new animations, and brand new models and textures, but I was actually looking forward to this because I expected the gameplay to match TLOU2. So this is a big disappointment.

Of course I will wait until its on sale. I am just sick of the idiots trying to justify that insane price for a "remake". No matter what bullshit excuse people make up it again only costs a tiny fraction of the time and expense of making a new game so there is no excuse for a release price of $70. And that $100 version of the game is a goodamn joke.
Well you don't want to end up with another GTA trilogy remaster fiasco don't you, those guys took the minimal effort approach and look where that got them.

I at least understand them charging a higher price for the PC version of this. It's a title that has never been on the PC before. You can't just buy/play one of the other 2 versions of the game because this is the first one for the PC. $70's awfully steep, but I don't think $50 is crazy. The PS5 version can suck a fuck at $70, though.

According to one Naughty Dog dev, the studio's overhaul of the beloved post-apocalyptic game is expected to launch on PC "very soon" after the PS5 release...Naughty Dog Senior Environment Texture Artist, Jonathan Benainous, responded to a fan on Twitter to tell them that The Last of Us Part 1's PC version would be coming "very soon" after September's initial PS5 launch...

https://twitter.com/JonathanBenaino/status/1550703816965758976

TLOU.png

According to one Naughty Dog dev, the studio's overhaul of the beloved post-apocalyptic game is expected to launch on PC "very soon" after the PS5 release...Naughty Dog Senior Environment Texture Artist, Jonathan Benainous, responded to a fan on Twitter to tell them that The Last of Us Part 1's PC version would be coming "very soon" after September's initial PS5 launch...

https://twitter.com/JonathanBenaino/status/1550703816965758976

View attachment 503957

With Spider-man: MM supposed to release this year, I wonder if we'll end up getting three Sony ports before the year ends or if this will hit early in 2023.

With Spider-man: MM supposed to release this year, I wonder if we'll end up getting three Sony ports before the year ends or if this will hit early in 2023.

Sony also stated that the Uncharted Legacy of Thieves bundle would be hitting PC 'shortly after' the console release in January...it's been 7 months and still nothing...I think Miles Morales will most likely be released in Oct/Nov...so Last of Us 1 might be December

Sony also stated that the Uncharted Legacy of Thieves bundle would be hitting PC 'shortly after' the console release in January...it's been 7 months and still nothing...I think Miles Morales will most likely be released in Oct/Nov...so Last of Us 1 might be December

Or even 2023. We don't really know how long Sony holds back new games, but this one is a remake that already had a remaster. But I'd think Sony's timeline would be 1-2 years for new games like Horizon Forbidden West. So "very soon" is probably a quarter. Or it could be a few weeks considering this game was already released twice on consoles and the primary target is probably PC gamers.

But with the other Spider Man game, I don't see them releasing within a month of each other. I doubt we'll see both in 2022.

Sony already gave a timeframe for Miles Morales on PC- Fall 2022

Yeah and I don't see Last of Us coming out at the same time. Miles Morales doesn't even have a Steam page up. Probably won't come until October. I doubt they'll release Last of Us so close. Uncharted has a Steam page and still says 2022 but I doubt it will come out in 2022. Probably Last of Us will come early 2023, Uncharted probably spring. I assume Sony will space each release out by a quarter.

noticeable improvement in the visuals...whether that alone is enough to get console owners to buy the new game is questionable but for PC players who never played the game then this is the Definitive Version

The Last of Us Part I Rebuilt for PS5 - Honoring the Original

teaser trailer for the upcoming HBO series...I'm still not 100% feeling Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey as Joel and Ellie but maybe they'll grow on me...

teaser trailer for the upcoming HBO series...I'm still not 100% feeling Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey as Joel and Ellie but maybe they'll grow on me...

At least he resembles Joel more than Tom Holland resembles Nathan drake.

Not sure about the girl, Ellie was a tomboy, this girl just looks weird and nothing like Ellie, the personality doesn't match. Maybe she has acting chops though, we'll see.

Back