The Last of Us Part I

DLAA has been a ghosting mess ever since they added it to the game. Do they even test or play their damn games?

And starting today I am having tons of strange issues in this game after updating to latest Nvidia drivers. First the lighting and shadows just popped in out of no where while heading to Bill's town. Then the fence disappeared after getting on the other side of it. Next Ellie's legs spazzed out and she walked crazy for a bit and even clipped through objects. Then the game froze up and crashed at the part where I was about to boost her up. All of those issues happened within a few minutes time frame so something is up. No issues at all for the 7 hours I played in the last two week on the previous drivers.

The Last of Us Part 1 PC patch 1.1.2

another major patch released...the new patch triggers a full Shader rebuild along with fixes for visuals as well as the user experience...full patch notes:

Downloading this patch will trigger a full shader rebuild.

-Improved the blending of terrain and ground-based environmental effects like mud, debris and more throughout the game
-Corrected several in-game, menu, and text-to-speech translation errors
-Fixed an issue that caused the adaptive trigger resistance of the DualSense wireless controller to stop functioning if the Triangle button was also held while aiming down sights
-[The Outskirts] Fixed an issue causing the spotlight speed to increase when playing at high framerates
-[Bus Depot] Fixed a camera shake issue that could occur when traversing across the bus

Left Behind Standalone

-[Mallrats] Fixed a physics issue with a mannequin head that could block player progression when running the game at high framerates

https://feedback.naughtydog.com/hc/...e-Last-of-Us-Part-I-v1-1-2-Patch-Notes-for-PC

The Last of Us Part 1 PC patch 1.1.2

another major patch released...the new patch triggers a full Shader rebuild along with fixes for visuals as well as the user experience...full patch notes:

Downloading this patch will trigger a full shader rebuild.

-Improved the blending of terrain and ground-based environmental effects like mud, debris and more throughout the game
-Corrected several in-game, menu, and text-to-speech translation errors
-Fixed an issue that caused the adaptive trigger resistance of the DualSense wireless controller to stop functioning if the Triangle button was also held while aiming down sights
-[The Outskirts] Fixed an issue causing the spotlight speed to increase when playing at high framerates
-[Bus Depot] Fixed a camera shake issue that could occur when traversing across the bus

Left Behind Standalone

-[Mallrats] Fixed a physics issue with a mannequin head that could block player progression when running the game at high framerates

https://feedback.naughtydog.com/hc/...e-Last-of-Us-Part-I-v1-1-2-Patch-Notes-for-PC
As soon as there's a deal on this I'm picking it up. Going to sit a damn pumpkin on my desk and play this on haloween.

Naughty Dog, the developer of The Last of Us and Uncharted games, is the latest studio to lay off employees, with at least 25 contract workers being told that they'll be let go at the end of October...the report also says that The Last of Us multiplayer shooter spinoff announced in 2022 is in trouble, and while it hasn't been cancelled at this point, its fate remains uncertain...

https://kotaku.com/naughty-dog-ps5-playstation-sony-last-us-part-3-layoffs-1850893794

Naughty Dog, the developer of The Last of Us and Uncharted games, is the latest studio to lay off employees, with at least 25 contract workers being told that they'll be let go at the end of October...the report also says that The Last of Us multiplayer shooter spinoff announced in 2022 is in trouble, and while it hasn't been cancelled at this point, its fate remains uncertain...

https://kotaku.com/naughty-dog-ps5-playstation-sony-last-us-part-3-layoffs-1850893794
It should be at this point. Idk why they even wasted resources on it. Odds of it having staying power are practically zero. They should just focus on what they are good at.

It should be at this point. Idk why they even wasted resources on it. Odds of it having staying power are practically zero. They should just focus on what they are good at.
Indeed.. I suspect it went from a traditional paid mulitplayer game (though I'm pretty sure it was originally supposed to be DLC for Part 2), to a free to play scheme with Sony's announcement of investing more into games as a service. And that is an extremely difficult genre to pull off and monetize successfully. The gameplay needs to be very solid and they can't make it too hard to progress without paying, while also not pulling an EA and being full pay-to-win. TLOU multiplayer on PS3 was actually one of the last games I routinely played online and it was great, and I don't think there's any way to convert that game to a free to play model without feeling like a mobile game with better graphics.

Now they fix the camera shake in bus issue. What a bunch of morons! I don't remember how I got through that part but it was annoying to pass that section with game glitching out all the time.

Really hoping this goes on sale. Just got a new Samsung s90c and I won the panel lottery (second gen). Want to play this on TV. Fingers crossed for the steam Halloween sale. Also my pumpkins are ready, great harvest. Almost totally ready for spooky season gaming, just need the game.

Well, my disappoint is immeasurable and my day is ruined. I absolutely cannot get this game to not tank the framerate. It doesn't matter if I'm completely maxed at 4k, or if I run all low at 1080p, the game sits at 50 fps or dips below any time there's an encounter. Was everything in the game just single threaded? I don't see my cpu getting maxed out. Anyway, had to return the game, one of my all time favorites but it's completely broken.

Well, my disappoint is immeasurable and my day is ruined. I absolutely cannot get this game to not tank the framerate. It doesn't matter if I'm completely maxed at 4k, or if I run all low at 1080p, the game sits at 50 fps or dips below any time there's an encounter. Was everything in the game just single threaded? I don't see my cpu getting maxed out. Anyway, had to return the game, one of my all time favorites but it's completely broken.
I still have no idea why they released such a broken port. Was hoping by now it would be mostly fixed. But some games (jedi survivor) probably never will be fully fixed, just remain playable w/ issues.

I still have no idea why they released such a broken port. Was hoping by now it would be mostly fixed. But some games (jedi survivor) probably never will be fully fixed, just remain playable w/ issues.
If they tell me my CPU isn't fast enough I understand, but why am I gett 50 FPS on all low 1080p with a 7900 XTX while not seeing any real load on my CPU? The whole thing makes no sense. Oh well. Do you think it's Denuvo? I'm super bummed, this is a top 5 of all time game for me and I haven't played it in a decade.

Last edited:
If they tell me my CPU isn't fast enough I understand, but why am I gett 50 FPS on all low 1080p with a 7900 XTX while not seeing any real load on my CPU? The whole thing makes no sense. Oh well. Do you think it's Denuvo? I'm super bummed, this is a top 5 of all time game for me and I haven't played it in a decade.

I used a 5700X, did not have that issue. But I played it prior to the big patches and performance all around was poor. I replayed some sections after they patched the game and it ran fine. My GPU is not as fast as yours either. Must be a bug or performance issue with AMD cards/drivers.

I used a 5700X, did not have that issue. But I played it prior to the big patches and performance all around was poor. I replayed some sections after they patched the game and it ran fine. My GPU is not as fast as yours either. Must be a bug or performance issue with AMD cards/drivers.
What does "fine" mean? Just curious, my performance is exactly the same across all resolutions and settings.

What does "fine" mean? Just curious, my performance is exactly the same across all resolutions and settings.

No odd 50 frame rate limit. With the patched version, It ran as expected given the visual quality. To quote a previous post of mine a few months back:

The game is playable at ultra settings without DLSS although it can dip into the 60s. Smoothness is also improved. VRAM usage at 2560x1440 according to the in game counter is around 9GB, you can turn down some settings that have minimal visual impact to get it under 8GB. I have not checked actual usage yet.

Overall a big improvement. With DLSS on Quality I get 90-130 frame rates (I have it capped at 130) depending on the scene. Seems like the game is finally fixed.

I was on a 5700X and RTX 4070, which is a slower CPU and GPU than yours although I assume my resolution is lower than yours. Still, you seeming have an issue that holds your frame rates back regardless of settings.

I wonder why in the hell they never fixed DLSS and DLAA. DLSS has a few little issues and DLAA is complete garbage in this game. I mean did they not even take five seconds to look at its implementation? The game also still has a few other graphical issues that have never been fixed.

Last of Us Part I v1.1.3 Patch Notes

-Added support for AMD FSR3 Super Resolution
-Added support for AMD FSR3 Frame Generation

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1888930/view/7281829929775849904

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89XXX0wcX4s

It's worth noting about how smooth frame generation feels varies on what controller you're using. Fluidity with a mouse vs. a pad often = night and day different. There are games that feel as smooth as butter with a pad that feel choppy or slow with a mouse. He's using a mouse, but it might kick ass with a pad.

Back