The Last of Us Part I

So they remade the remaster?

Ah, it's coming for PC, that's the real reason.

It's stupid IMO, and I'm sure most of their fans agree the game is still too new for a remake.

The real reason is cash grab on both platforms (PS5 and PC).. again. Though the remaster was much more justified on PS4.

I wish they would have confirmed updated combat mechanics and controls from Part 2 or something. That alone could somewhat justify it. Additional/cut content from the original would be cool too.

I'll be buying it day 1 though since I'm a sucker for TLOU even after the mixed feelings I had over Part 2. I'll prolly buy it again on PC too. 😅

It's stupid IMO, and I'm sure most of their fans agree the game is still too new for a remake.

The real reason is cash grab on both platforms (PS5 and PC).. again. Though the remaster was much more justified on PS4.

I wish they would have confirmed updated combat mechanics and controls from Part 2 or something. That alone could somewhat justify it. Additional/cut content from the original would be cool too.

I'll be buying it day 1 though since I'm a sucker for TLOU even after the mixed feelings I had over Part 2. I'll prolly buy it again on PC too. 😅
Had another thought, i suspect the PC release might coincide with the series premier on hbo?

Probably not since the show is slated to be released sometime in 2023.

I don't see the PC version coming out in 2022...the PS5 version is scheduled for October so I don't see the PC version within the next 2 months after that

I agree that it was way too early to be remade because the remastered version still looks incredible, but this is without a doubt a push to hype people up for the TV show as well as the PC version. More people play The Last of Us (on PC in this case); the more people will tune into the show.

You can bet your sweet asses I won't be shelling out $70 on this game when I've already bought the remastered and original for the PS3. lol. These games are more of a "one and done" type deal for me anyway... I remember the story so clearly that playing it again would add nothing to the experience.

I envy the people who will end up playing this for the first time however.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
IGN posted a vid contesting the $70 price of the game. I actually agree with them and think I'll reconsider buying day one and will wait for first sale at $50 or less. I didn't consider Factions missing from the game, which I really loved from the first game despite not playing multiplayer games in general.

Unless they're somehow adding some cut/extra content to the game (which I doubt since they're definitely not recording anything new for this), it's hard to justify IMO, even for super fans of the game like me.

Last edited:
I’m excited for this and couldn’t click buy on the Firefly Edition fast enough. I was meaning to play through the first game again, so when they announced, it felt serendipitous.

Really excited to see what they’ve done with the game, and I’ll be especially interested to see if they take advantage of the PS5 controller features/haptics, fingers crossed.

Last edited:
"The game is too new"

No, it is over 9 years old now. The remaster was a joke, that was the real cash-grab, this actually seems more worthy. Of course not to the tune of $70. But then again I'm not paying $70 for any game ever.

Game is on PC too.. Will be 30$ in probably a few months just wait then.. This game honestly didn't need a remake..

i think $70 for this is a little ridiculous, but who am i kidding, i'm definitely going to buy it day one. i adore these games and even though i never felt that playing tlou remastered was limiting in any way, i'm still excited to see what's changed, even if it's just to experience the game again with a fresh coat of paint.

also it will be awesome to play through some of the infected areas with (presumably) the ability to l1 dodge like in tlou2 :D

There have been a lot of leaks popping up in the last couple days. Here's a complication of most of it: https://whatifgaming.com/the-last-of-us-part-1-leaked-screenshots-combat-visual-options/
Anyone expecting a totally new game is going to be disappointed. It absolutely looks better (akin to the first game's world looking like TLoU2), but it's very much still the same game. I'm not seeing anything about dodging in the control scheme, either. Not that big of a deal, but I was also hoping for that.

I pretty much assumed they weren't updating the controls or gameplay much since they never mentioned it before and they would have certainly specified it when they revealed the game if they were.

Kinda annoying though, as that's one of the few non-graphical improvements they could have made and for the full $70 price, they should have done so.

great video...pretty big upgrade in terms of visuals- especially in terms of character models

The Last of Us Part I Rebuilt for PS5- Features and Gameplay Trailer | PS5 Games

Last edited:
If you've played the first one, I see no need to buy this until it's at goodwill for $6, or a sale price you're comfortable paying.

However if you've never played before, it's a fantastic game and story, you won't be disappointed.

Even their entire video circles around the fact that it's the same exact game with better graphics. I get it as a PC purchase since it's totally new. On the PS5, I'm in the "this should be $30" camp.

Not updating the gameplay and combat makes this a hard pass, at any price tag. There is no reason to re-play it for slightly improved graphics. With how long ago I've played the original the visual differences wouldn't be noticeable anyway.

yeah it seems like a remaster not a remake, just made it "prettier".

Reactions: M76
like this
Even their entire video circles around the fact that it's the same exact game with better graphics. I get it as a PC purchase since it's totally new. On the PS5, I'm in the "this should be $30" camp.
I am in the $20 camp personally. Between owning this on PS3 and PS4 I think I am good. Don't think I ever fully replayed the game even after they updated the graphics for PS4 Pro / PS5 or whatever the latest update was.

I am in the $20 camp personally. Between owning this on PS3 and PS4 I think I am good. Don't think I ever fully replayed the game even after they updated the graphics for PS4 Pro / PS5 or whatever the latest update was.

I replayed it pretty recently on the PS5. The graphics look like a so-so PS4 game, although it runs at 60FPS which most PS4 games don't. I think it's fine as-is. I replay the Nathan Drake Collection games pretty regularly and they're in the exact same boat. Personally, as long as a game is running at a higher framerate, I'm fine with that. If they're going to make an update that's just a graphical upgrade - I don't see that as a $70 value. I don't even see it as a $70 value on the PC, and it's brand new to that platform.

The Last of Us: Part I vs. Remaster | Joel & Tommy on Horseback Comparison

The Last of Us: Part I vs. Remaster | The Burning Barn Comparison

Found a few of the better scenes from the game. Somehow I think the facial animations are slightly exaggerated compared to the original and look a little off. But still looks great overall.

Of course spoilers if you haven't played the game yet.

I'm still gonna hold out until it goes on sale before picking it up.

The Last of Us Part I: Gameplay | Bill's Town​

7 minutes of uncut gameplay from The Last of Us Part I

Bows were always one shot I believe if you hit them in the head.
Yea, in the part of the video i skipped too, he's definitely hitting body shots. I guess it's on easy for video purposes.

Guess the embargo lifted, everyone dumped reviews and misc videos on the game a bit ago.

Here's DF's 50 min analysis of it and NX gamer's via IGN.

Bottom Line: it's pretty much what everyone was saying when this was first announced- if you've never played the game before than it's worth a buy...if you already played it on PS4 then skip or wait for a sale

The one thing that I wanted to see with this release was better controls. TLOU and the Uncharted games had some pretty lousy controls until Uncharted Lost Legacy. Lost Legacy improved the controls and character movements and this was refined even more when TLOU Part 2 was released. I know that Naughty Dog didn't add all the new moves that TLOU Part 2 included but I'm hoping that they were able to tweak the controls to make the game play better.

The one thing that I wanted to see with this release was better controls. TLOU and the Uncharted games had some pretty lousy controls until Uncharted Lost Legacy. Lost Legacy improved the controls and character movements and this was refined even more when TLOU Part 2 was released. I know that Naughty Dog didn't add all the new moves that TLOU Part 2 included but I'm hoping that they were able to tweak the controls to make the game play better.

What part of the controls didn't you like in the older games? My main experiences with the Uncharted games is that the aim sensitivity changed dramatically between Uncharted 2 and 3. So much so that Naughty Dog even added an option for "alternate aiming" that attempted to replicate the earlier games. I still prefer 1 and 2, even with that option as I don't think they ever got there. 4 and Lost Legacy are just like 3 to me. I replay the whole series in a row most years and going from 2 to 3 is the only huge change I ever notice.

What part of the controls didn't you like in the older games? My main experiences with the Uncharted games is that the aim sensitivity changed dramatically between Uncharted 2 and 3. So much so that Naughty Dog even added an option for "alternate aiming" that attempted to replicate the earlier games. I still prefer 1 and 2, even with that option as I don't think they ever got there. 4 and Lost Legacy are just like 3 to me. I replay the whole series in a row most years and going from 2 to 3 is the only huge change I ever notice.
I was referring to the floaty controls and the character move animations. You didn't notice the difference between the older games and Lost Legacy/TLOU 2?

Back