The Last of Us is coming to PS4 'sometime' this summer!

So it's OK for a PC game to get 10/10 on a rerelease but not a console game?

A remake should not get a 10/10, period. Its a cash grab, even people who want to buy it realize that thats all it is.

It is a remaster not a remake which means the graphics are not on par with what the PS4 is capable of, that should absolutely deduct points in relationship to other PS4 graphics scores.

Not to mention as I said before there are PLENTY of graphical glitches and shortcuts that ND took to get it to 1080p/60 including dropping the res in sections outside of flashlight cones because they couldnt handle the dynamic lighting and keep the frame rate high enough, thats another graphical deduction. Among MANY others

Not to mention as I said before there are PLENTY of graphical glitches and shortcuts that ND took to get it to 1080p/60 including dropping the res in sections outside of flashlight cones because they couldn't handle the dynamic lighting and keep the frame rate high enough, that's another graphical deduction. Among MANY others

Small technical workarounds rarely count against review scores. Most review sites rate the games based on how it looks when they are playing it, not how it looks when they are pixel peeping at screenshots.

Small technical workarounds rarely count against review scores. Most review sites rate the games based on how it looks when they are playing it, not how it looks when they are analyzing screenshots.

Yeah have you played it? The downscaling on the res outside of the flashlight areas looks disgusting, i cant stand it during gameplay. I dont look at just the area the light is on, thats a damn fine way to miss an enemy

Yeah have you played it? The downscaling on the res outside of the flashlight areas looks disgusting, i cant stand it during gameplay. I dont look at just the area the light is on, thats a damn fine way to miss an enemy

Just got past the subway. Haven't seen what you are talking about or at least if it's there it's not bad enough for me to notice it.

Last edited:
If you look hard enough, any game will have "issues". 2 cents.

Issues is one thing, but having blatant direct examples where terrain is not rendered at 1080p isnt just an issue. Its a design decision and shouldnt be advertised as 1080p when its not rendered at 1080p 100% of the time

I haven't seen it yet myself, but you can't selectively change the rendering resolution on certain portions of the screen. What it does sound like, however, is that they're using some kind of culling method or not applying filtering on areas where the flashlight isn't pointing to save some cycles. This was common 10 years ago on PC and on last gen consoles. I don't want to blame anyone for anything, but maybe if you adjusted the in-game brightness to the correct level it wouldn't stand out as much (assuming that your display has also been properly calibrated).

I am picking this up after work today, so I'll be able to judge for myself.

Damn! The fucking res on the outside of the flashlight areas is down-scaled?!?!?!?!? That completely ruins the ENTIRE game and makes in absolutely unplayable. I will never play this game and I will boycott Naughty Dog for forever for DARING to remake a game and bring it to an audience who potentially have never played the game yet. Assholes!

Damn! The fucking res on the outside of the flashlight areas is down-scaled?!?!?!?!? That completely ruins the ENTIRE game and makes in absolutely unplayable. I will never play this game and I will boycott Naughty Dog for forever for DARING to remake a game and bring it to an audience who potentially have never played the game yet. Assholes!

what percentage of players do you think have a ps4 that didnt have a ps3? Extremely small, probably less than 10% which makes this a bogus argument

Vlad let's play some MP.

On the resolution note, the PS3 did the exact same thing so I would think it's an engine issue more than anything. Still a million times better IMO.

And there are a lot of new PS brand owners. We have Ad saying it and then hundreds of people online and Sony so statistically I mean right?

I traded my ps3 copy for this on ps4 been playing all day its really nicer than the ps3 version. They did a great job

Played around with the 30 and 60 fps aetting 30 definitely has nicer shadows but it has a little judder that isn't there at 60 so I'm leaving it at 60. To bad those nicer shadows and 30 fps is not as smooth.

What is this PC game you speak of? Games are not re-released on PC, its just released

Didnt think about this, I cant think of any but surely there have been remasters?

Vlad let's play some MP.

On the resolution note, the PS3 did the exact same thing so I would think it's an engine issue more than anything. Still a million times better IMO.

And there are a lot of new PS brand owners. We have Ad saying it and then hundreds of people online and Sony so statistically I mean right?

Perhaps this weekend, im sunk into Divinity: Original Sin ATM

Didnt think about this, I cant think of any but surely there have been remasters?

nope, only community mods that may recreate it, but those aren't that common. Some developers will remake games from 15 years ago but they still wouldn't charge full price for it.

The reason re-master/HD remakes are created is only to double-dip between consoles generations. PCs don't have generations so we also wouldn't have remakes of games.

nope, only community mods that may recreate it, but those aren't that common. Some developers will remake games from 15 years ago but they still wouldn't charge full price for it.

The reason re-master/HD remakes are created is only to double-dip between consoles generations. PCs don't have generations so we also wouldn't have remakes of games.

Wasn't doom 3 remade? with improved graphics?

what percentage of players do you think have a ps4 that didnt have a ps3? Extremely small, probably less than 10% which makes this a bogus argument

Probably not as small as you think. I'm one of them. :D

I'm picking this up after work and I'm gladly forking over the fifty bucks. I have about 15 games so far on the PS4 and you know what I consider the most graphically impressive game I own so far? Tomb Raider remastered, which you know came out a year ago. And yeah I also own Killzone and Seconds Son as well. So personally I disagree with your hate towards the remastered games. For people like me who didn't play it the first time, I have a feeling I'm in for a treat.

I have a PS3 and a PS4... but I still never played it on PS3. The graphics always bothered me... the low resolution made everything look soupy I guess. That alone makes it look a lot better on PS4 IMO. I'll probably be picking it up.

holy fucking shit will Tess stop being trigger happy as fuck

I'm sneaking, waiting on some guy to come around a corner... and she decides it's time to throw hands like world champion and next thing I know she's boxing this dude in plain sight and it erupts into a comical shitstorm where me and her are fighting 3 armed dudes at the same time with our fists.

Game is rad so far

holy fucking shit will Tess stop being trigger happy as fuck

I'm sneaking, waiting on some guy to come around a corner... and she decides it's time to throw hands like world champion and next thing I know she's boxing this dude in plain sight and it erupts into a comical shitstorm where me and her are fighting 3 armed dudes at the same time with our fists.

Game is rad so far

The AI is usually pretty good since enemies can't see your ally until they are in an alert state. It may have been totally unintentional but Tess just going and beating the crap out someone that gets in her face or just straight up shooting them in the face fits pretty well with her character.

Aha the AI seems a little wonky sometimes.

Like Ellie is sitting literally a foot away from a clicker with only a little counter between them... and she just blurts out "WHEW, MAN." They were turning their flashlight on and off a bunch too as we snuck through the darkness.

Traded in my PS3 version for the PS4 version and used my brother's PowerUp points and ended up paying ~$18. Worth every penny. The graphics and 60 fps upgrade make the rich story experience worth it again. The icing on the cake is photomode.

Here's something I conjured up:

aEpJwaY.jpg

and then just a random cutscene screenie

G599eUx.jpg

Like Ellie is sitting literally a foot away from a clicker with only a little counter between them... and she just blurts out "WHEW, MAN." They were turning their flashlight on and off a bunch too as we snuck through the darkness.

Yea its not a perfect game but its certainly one of the best games in recent memory.

IIRC they had 3 choices;

The AI can see her and attack
The AI can't see her and doesn't attack
You control Ellie through commands

The first one breaks the game and the third one also broke the game (for what they were trying to accomplish)

I don't think they had enough time/hardware (memory) to make her smart enough to dodge clickers and be stealthy when she needed to be considering the sheer number of variables.

Never played this before... (sold my PS3 last year right before its release). Have a PS4 now. Is the game "worth" $50?

Ah, must have missed that one

It was released on PC 2 years after the Gamecube release. This isn't the same thing as a re-release....
He was talking about the port of the Xbox 360/PS3 version that was just released this year, which technically would be a "re-release" of the PC version.

He was talking about the port of the Xbox 360/PS3 version that was just released this year, which technically would be a "re-release" of the PC version.

ha, the famed "HD" version. Lots of these re-releases must be really under my radar. I think the main point is that they aren't releasing them again at full price which is the thing that bugs me.

Really good game. Something with the shooting is weird though, can't put my finger on exactly what it is, I can aim fine in MGS Ground Zeroes, but i cant shoot a thing in this game. Also, is it a waste to unload on clickers? I shot one with the magnum 5 times, 2x in the head, and that thing still killed me. Only got past there after sneaking up and ganking it with a shiv... which is kinda how I'm attacking just about every situation I've encountered.

Read an article on PlayStation LifeStyle that said that Naughty Dog didn't start development of this game until February of this year. They completed it about 2 weeks ago, so that's 5 1/2 months to port this to PS4.

Really? I read it was started very shortly after they released the PS3 version on multiple sites which was June 14, 2013. Regardless, it was a pretty short turn around time.

I'll be trading in Need for Speed Rivals Friday for the game finally. Apparently you can get $24 for NFS still.

Back