The Last Of Us 2 Announcement Could Be Coming Very Soon

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
The Last of Us sequel will surely look and sound great, but I’m getting tired of developers who are more interested in making movies than an actual video game. These guys rubbed me the wrong way after what they did to Uncharted; they were so desperate to make an emotionally compelling narrative that they diluted the franchise’s action gameplay and awe through discovery.

“Shinobi602” who’s famous for leaking or confirming leaks about impending videogame announcements, on the gaming forum NeoGaf, has once again come into the spotlight after he quoted a fan-made “The Last of Us 2 confirmed” image and said these cryptic words – “The announcement might be closer than you think”. This might suggest that we might get to see the game in action before E3 2017. Sony has a PlayStation Experience event coming up in December and what better way to kickstart it than announcing one of the most anticipated games in the form of The Last of Us 2.

I hoped never to see or hear about neoshit ever again. That place is a rotten cesspool of sjwism and towing the line. And if you don't tow the line they'll try to ridicule you and then start patting each other on the back on how well they put you down.

I experienced it when driveclub was not released yet, and I didn't stare at it at amazement, and didn't say it will be the greatest driiving game ever. And when it was released and it wasn't everything it was supposed to be, well by that time nobody remembered.

They actually did me a great favour by banning me, otherwise I'd never have started posting on this forum.

Oh sweet. Can't wait for a sequel to that game. I never played the Uncharted games, but ya. You need to have a good story, but you can't screw the gameplay to achieve it.

I couldn't even finish Last of Us. Ended up watching all the cut scenes and in-game plot points on YouTube. Didn't even bother with the final Uncharted. Naughty Dog as a game company is dead to me, but they'd make a hell of a movie studio.

These guys rubbed me the wrong way after what they did to Uncharted; they were so desperate to make an emotionally compelling narrative that they diluted the franchise’s action gameplay and awe through discovery.
Gawd damn homes, I couldn't have said it better myself. Fuck Uncharted 4, they never shoulda tried to make that game without Amy Hennig anyways. I know TLoU was also Hennig but I never cared for that game either. Naughty Dog kinda fell off after Gavin and Rubin left. Crash Bandicoot series was awesome, same with Jak and Daxter series, same with Uncharted 1-3 (which was after Gavin and Rubin left). After that, they started losing me. Plus Andy Gavin always made sure they made a brand-new engine for each new console generation, but ND and Sony decided to fucking re-use the Uncharted engine on PS4, after they did work on it porting it to PS4 for TLoU Remastered. They did a pretty good job upgrading it for Uncharted 4, but it's massively wasted potential. They should've made a completely brand-new engine for PS4 hardware.

I recall reading this about Hennig: "Having departed so unceremoniously, it's no wonder Hennig has steered clear of playing Uncharted 4. 'If you break up with your spouse and they get remarried,' she says, 'you don't want to see photos of the happy couple on Facebook, do you? When you're pulling these characters out of yourself, it's kind of twisted, in a way, to see them in the hands of someone else.'" (http://www.glixel.com/interviews/amy-hennig-on-taking-star-wars-somewhere-new-w450064)
Hideki Kamiya (DMC, Bayonetta, Okami, Viewtiful Joe) feels the same way about when other people work on sequels to his games, and use his characters. So now ND wants to make a sequel to TLoU without Hennig, haha yyeeaahh, I'm sure that'll turn out great, just like Uncharted 4 did.

I couldn't even finish Last of Us. Ended up watching all the cut scenes and in-game plot points on YouTube. Didn't even bother with the final Uncharted.
I feel yah with TLoU, the game was painful to play through. You were better off watching the game on YouTube. Just wasn't fun at all, especially considering ND's past history of awesome games. You're not missing anything with Uncharted 4, you made the right decision there.

I feel yah with TLoU, the game was painful to play through. You were better off watching the game on YouTube. Just wasn't fun at all, especially considering ND's past history of awesome games. You're not missing anything with Uncharted 4, you made the right decision there.
The only painful part of it was the fact that I had to play with a damn controller. With mouse and keyboard controls it would've been brilliant.
I'd be much more willing to play on a console if they allowed for more options control wise.

Well now that Metal Gear Solid is no more someone has to take up the tactical espionage action, and movie like Atmosphere.

Gawd damn homes, I couldn't have said it better myself. Fuck Uncharted 4, they never shoulda tried to make that game without Amy Hennig anyways. I know TLoU was also Hennig but I never cared for that game either. Naughty Dog kinda fell off after Gavin and Rubin left. Crash Bandicoot series was awesome, same with Jak and Daxter series, same with Uncharted 1-3 (which was after Gavin and Rubin left). After that, they started losing me. Plus Andy Gavin always made sure they made a brand-new engine for each new console generation, but ND and Sony decided to fucking re-use the Uncharted engine on PS4, after they did work on it porting it to PS4 for TLoU Remastered. They did a pretty good job upgrading it for Uncharted 4, but it's massively wasted potential. They should've made a completely brand-new engine for PS4 hardware.

I recall reading this about Hennig: "Having departed so unceremoniously, it's no wonder Hennig has steered clear of playing Uncharted 4. 'If you break up with your spouse and they get remarried,' she says, 'you don't want to see photos of the happy couple on Facebook, do you? When you're pulling these characters out of yourself, it's kind of twisted, in a way, to see them in the hands of someone else.'" (http://www.glixel.com/interviews/amy-hennig-on-taking-star-wars-somewhere-new-w450064)
Hideki Kamiya (DMC, Bayonetta, Okami, Viewtiful Joe) feels the same way about when other people work on sequels to his games, and use his characters. So now ND wants to make a sequel to TLoU without Hennig, haha yyeeaahh, I'm sure that'll turn out great, just like Uncharted 4 did.

I agree Hennig is a great writer (wish she'd finish Legacy of Kain) but Hennig worked on Uncharted 3 and began work on 4 while a completely different team wrote/directed TLoU. She wasn't involved with it at all.

Why is there so much ND hate here?
TLoU is a game that I've played multiple times, and is better than UC4. UC4 was fun, but had too many of the same "puzzles" of finding a crate to get up on a ledge. UC4 isn't the best in the series, but it was still better than 3.

Interesting to hear that you guys didn't like The Last Of Us. It was one of the only games I bought on launch and feel like I got my money's worth.

Why is there so much ND hate here?
TLoU is a game that I've played multiple times, and is better than UC4. UC4 was fun, but had too many of the same "puzzles" of finding a crate to get up on a ledge. UC4 isn't the best in the series, but it was still better than 3.

I haven't played 4 yet but I'm one of the weird ones that enjoyed 3 more than 2. I think it's tied to how the gunplay works. I hate how it feels in the first game. Each game since aiming felt slowly felt better.

I found TLOU best in that regard (and top in story), though I played the beta for 4 and once again the aiming felt that little bit better.

I haven't played 4 yet but I'm one of the weird ones that enjoyed 3 more than 2. I think it's tied to how the gunplay works. I hate how it feels in the first game. Each game since aiming felt slowly felt better.

I found TLOU best in that regard (and top in story), though I played the beta for 4 and once again the aiming felt that little bit better.

The gunplay did evolve with each title. I love the gunplay in 4.

Back