The KO is up to my expectations (Dialup beware)

jacuzz1

Supreme [H]ardness
This thing is a beauty. You all know the clocks they run at well she runs 2 c cooler than my vanalla GTX did only at the higher clocks.

I went X2 and took a 200mhz hit over my 3500+ and yet nearly hit my 8100 and change that my 3500 and GTX hit do to the higer clock of the card

I am happy to enjoy the higher clocks and lower temp and therefore I can conclude the cooler works nominaly but I am a bit disappointed in the lack of headroom my sample showed. Cool bits detects a mere 498/1310.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=1181670

KO1.jpg

Compared to my Standard 450/1200 GTX
KO2.jpg

ko4.jpg
:rolleyes:

This card looks awesome :eek:

I give you my postal address and you send me your old useless vanilla GTX? :D

I am afraid I have to send the Vanilla back . I did the step up program to get the KO :cool:

god that thing looks sexy. :eek:

how were you able to do the step up program without sending in your old card first?

jacuzz1 said:
Cool bits detects a mere 498/1310.

Mine only detects 489/1320. They all seem to do that. Coolbits won't detect anywhere near your max OC. Keep trying.

2C for all that extra money? Watercooling for me.

pandora's box said:

how were you able to do the step up program without sending in your old card first?

Yes i would also liek to know that, I thought you had to send yours in first.

oo nice...i didnt realise they were different...i thought it was just oc'ed more and was still under guarantee...nice card

have you tried or are you going to try running them in sli before the regular one goes back?

Russ said:
Mine only detects 489/1320. They all seem to do that. Coolbits won't detect anywhere near your max OC. Keep trying.

2C for all that extra money? Watercooling for me.

It was only .99 cents extra for me since i purchased one of the first gTX cards i paid top dollar so the step up was a no brainer

pandora's box said:

My machine is mission criticle and i convinced them to let me buy it and give me credit for the GTX when it gets back to them.

I utillzed the step up program , I just busted out the CC card and spent alot of time on the phone to get a cross shipment deal and settled for that.

Keep in mind that i have spent close to 3 grand with them in the last year so please dont ring their phones off the hook if you 12 years old and its your first card and you have Dad's CC

what does the KO edition add? I went to eVGA.com but couldnt find the diffrerence between a GTX and a GTX w/ KO & ACS3

DigitalEdge said:
are you running those two in sli?

I knew someone would ask me that and regrett not trying it. I am man of my word and promptly boxed up the GTX for shipment back. I am a bit superstious and for some reason I did not want to takea chance on falling in love with sli and then buying another KO. I have a house to rebuild. (burned down in Feb.)

I3roknI3ottle said:
what does the KO edition add? I went to eVGA.com but couldnt find the diffrerence between a GTX and a GTX w/ KO & ACS3

The KO does 3 things for me.

1.) It gives me 490/1300 versus 450/1200 and I did notice smoother peformance in BF2 as a result. (placibo maybe) , while lowering my operating temps all around however little that might be. An overclock with no noticeable increase in temps..eyh baby
2.) It restores my epenis after spending 599 on the standard GTX only to have it fall to 550 or less a short time after.
3.) Being of the male persuation, I enjoy esthetics and this card is knock down beautiful in my humble opinion

PS:It is reeeaaaalllly easy to handle do to the heatsink design.

Back