The iPhone X Needs a $25 USB Type-C Cable to Fast Charge

Making the LG V30 look more attractive every day.

Apple makes one hell of an ARM cpu but that's about it.

How about super fast storage, app launch times thet crush Android completely and optimised software that doesn't require rediculous specs to run. There is more to a product than its spec sheet.

There are to many fat geeks on this forum who think 6GB of ram and a 4K display are a must for Apple when it id completely wasted on a phone.

Why do you lie about something so easily researched?

Here's an unboxing of a Nexus 5. It comes with a standard USB-C to USB-A cable (2:30)

Here's a conversation about the fact that it's not capable of utilizing Quick Charge 3.0 or higher:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/go.../nexus-5-quick-charge-3-0-charger-to-t3280755

It charges at a faster rate with a wall wart that can deliver enough amps, but isn't doing Quick Charge 3.0 by any means. It's doing the same thing all large battery iPhones do since the 6+ debut when plugged into a device capable of delivering more amperage.

I don't know about "fanboi planet" you think this is on, but it's one where facts prevail. Sorry you don't even understand what your phone supposedly does or doesn't do...if you even have a Nexus 5. I mean, if you actually owned a Nexus 5 it should have been pretty damn obvious it didn't come with a USB-C to USB-C cable...assuming you know what that even looks like.
cq5dam.web.372.372.jpeg

Pathetic.

Actually, capt_cope isn't lying. He said he has a nexus 5x. Not just the 5.
look under "box contents"
It clearly states USB-C to USB-C.

Same thing about the pixel

I don't know feels like there's a bunch of confusion about Android quick charge... As far as i understand Android its pretty much all Qualcomm quick charge.. so you just need to know with QC model you have 1234 and buy the adapter at that number or higher.
I understand Qualcomm made it more friendly to shitty cables so that is probably why i have an adapter that is qc 3.0 and its good old usb a , so long the device accepts qc 1 2 or 3 it will provide power accordingly. My wife nexus 6 is qc 2.0 and came with qc 2.0 adapter.. cable is any cable.. its always better to have ba decent one of course.
Qc by Qualcomm is not higher amp only, its higher voltage steps too
.. higher voltage is actually better for shittier cables, which is why i think you can have a qc adapter that is ubs a with a usbc end and it be qc.. same as you can with usb2 end as the nexus 6 i have. Fact is at least until qc 3.0 it knows what to do depending on what you plug in, so it wouldn't matter if you plugged in a non qc phone in a qc adapter it will feed it normal voltage.
To sumerize Qualcomm quick charge is cool, its in a bunch of phones, its been out a while, and no ripoff for cables or adapters.. afaik.
Don't know about newer phone s but im sure they will include proper hardware.. only apple can get away with this shit.

Last edited:
My Nexus 6P came with a USB C charger and cable
Don't know why they can't just give it in the box
But in fairness its Apple. People will defend them to the ends of the earth even when they make stupid decisions.
Same with Samsung fanbois etc

I will point one part of this image that is wrong, in 2019 "selectable default apps" still will not be an option. Maybe in something like 2050 but Apple will for a long time lock you to their app's less someone sues them over it.

As for 25$ for a usb cable to fast charge, yea sounds like Apple to me with their force you to buy their hardware idea's.

Here's an unboxing of a Nexus 5. It comes with a standard USB-C to USB-A cable (2:30)

Here's a conversation about the fact that it's not capable of utilizing Quick Charge 3.0 or higher:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/go.../nexus-5-quick-charge-3-0-charger-to-t3280755

It charges at a faster rate with a wall wart that can deliver enough amps, but isn't doing Quick Charge 3.0 by any means. It's doing the same thing all large battery iPhones do since the 6+ debut when plugged into a device capable of delivering more amperage.

I don't know about "fanboi planet" you think this is on, but it's one where facts prevail. Sorry you don't even understand what your phone supposedly does or doesn't do...if you even have a Nexus 5. I mean, if you actually owned a Nexus 5 it should have been pretty damn obvious it didn't come with a USB-C to USB-C cable...assuming you know what that even looks like.
cq5dam.web.372.372.jpeg

Pathetic.

I don't know about the 5X, but the Pixel he talked about does, mine did for sure.

4KJ79mPh.jpg

I think the big thing for many people is that its been around for a while and Apple is just now starting to use QC and now that they do, they don't even give the cable needed on a flagship phone. I give Android shit where it's due, but you also have to give Apple shit where due.

While a bit funny, whoever made this embellished a bit since the GS6 wasn't IP rated (that started on the GS7) and didn't come with 64GBs of storage on its base model (don't think it was even available through most US carriers either - it wasn't on Verizon when my wife got one at least). As always too, comparing the CPU cores is useless as well, since the A11 smashes the current Qualcomm/Exynos SoC, let alone the Exynos in the GS6 from 2 years ago.

FYSA too, I'm an Android user and have never owned an Apple product, nor do I plan to anytime soon.

I don't know about the 5X, but the Pixel he talked about does, mine did for sure.

4KJ79mPh.jpg

I think the big thing for many people is that its been around for a while and Apple is just now starting to use QC and now that they do, they don't even give the cable needed on a flagship phone. I give Android shit where it's due, but you also have to give Apple shit where due.

How many watts is that charger?

My GS6 has supported fast charging (dont care if its a QC spec format, or a Samsung tweak as its just as fast either way) since day one with supplied hardware. I can get + 50% battery charge in about 30 to 40 minutes charging time, and thats both in car or line voltage chargers. That's NOT the same as using a larger brick like iPhone from iPad chargers either, this is just FUD plain and simple!

Well shit, my bad. Apologies to capt_cope.
It's all good in the hood.

I'm sorry I had to drag the fanboi label out, I *may* have had a few too many fingers of scotch when I posted that.

With that out of the way, I can't help but rub a little salt (just a pinch) in the gaping wound known as the apple tax:

I bought that 5x (Quick charge capable charger and cable included) brand new, through Project Fi for $199. Amazing how LG was able to turn a profit including such expensive accessories. /s

Makes sense given you probably have to charge your Pixel XL three times a day to keep it going.

Here's a lackluster review of the Pixel's battery life (and states it puts the XL "to shame"):
http://www.techradar.com/reviews/google-pixel-review/4

A breath of fresh Google air in a world of Android over-complication

Battery life

• A day’s use with moderate to light usage
    • Regularly required a mid-evening top-up
The Google Pixel battery life is nothing special. If you’re careful with your usage you’ll get a full day out of the phone, but we found that given moderate use a mid-evening charge was required to ensure we made it to bedtime without a flat battery.

We put the fast charging to the test, plugging in when we were down to 13% at around 6pm. Fifteen minutes later the Pixel was up to 27%.

It seems unlikely that an additional 14% of juice would get you anywhere close to seven hours of use – you’d have to turn off Wi-Fi, mobile data, Bluetooth and NFC, while turning the brightness way down and restricting your usage to basic applications.

"Good luck with that"
If you actually had the Pixel XL you can claim that what you posted is correct ( considering you don't have the phone and posted bullshit from someone eles's review) your claim is entirely false. The Pixel XL (i own and use daily) last 12 full hours with heavy use. Light use it last probably around 20+ hours. I wake up at 6 am and with moderate to heavy use I have to charge it at the end of my day when it hits 5% going to bed at 10-1030 pm.
I call bullshit on tech radar's battery "review". 3 times a day GTFO....sad you consider yourself a tech person posting that overly exaggerated BS. I smell an Apple Fan boy here.

Edit: Also ask Kyle who owns a Pixel as well and he will tell you same same. The Pixel lasts a full day with heavy use.

Last edited:
This is a ridiculous article. All of the USB-C cables that come with Android phones terminate with a USB 2.0 end, which doesn't support QC either. You'd have to own a high quality QC charger *and* have USB-C on both ends to quick charge your phone. Is this yet another "feature" that Android users think they have because of a bullet point but don't understand it's not actually implemented in the market yet?

The iPhone X was already designed by the time this LTE band was considered. You won't miss anything. By the time it "rolls out" to your area, the iPhone will support it.

My Android charger from 2 years ago has a usb-c port on both sides. That said, my wife's Samsung s6 supports fast charging and it's a generic USB A to mini connector like every other usb cable for years.

So why can't Apple do fast charging with a USB A port?

My Android charger from 2 years ago has a usb-c port on both sides. That said, my wife's Samsung s6 supports fast charging and it's a generic USB A to mini connector like every other usb cable for years.

The S6 uses Quick Charge 2.0, which was based on USB 2.0 and was around before USB-C was used on phones. Newer versions of QC require USB-C.

It's not that they can't, it's that they won't, and the reason is profit, always profit, that's the only true driving force behind everything Apple does. Not change the world, not be arrogant as they've always been, and certainly not to make people's lives better - well, in a way that's part of it actually because when they make more profit the people AT Apple do lead better lives, more pay, benefits, stock options, etc. :D

The S6 uses Quick Charge 2.0, which was based on USB 2.0 and was around before USB-C was used on phones. Newer versions of QC require USB-C.

My wife's s6 aside, my Nexus 6P comes with a charging block with usb-c on it and the charging cable is also usb-c to usb-c.

It has been said multiple times in this thread that these types of chargers aren't out there and we are all blowing smoke and thinking we have something we don't. My phone is approaching 2 years old. Apples new flagship should ship with it and not a fucking dongle like every other apple release. They are smart though, it's a dongle here and a dongle there and everyone keeps buying them, so why would they do anything else?

My wife's s6 aside, my Nexus 6P comes with a charging block with usb-c on it and the charging cable is also usb-c to usb-c.

It has been said multiple times in this thread that these types of chargers aren't out there and we are all blowing smoke and thinking we have something we don't. My phone is approaching 2 years old. Apples new flagship should ship with it and not a fucking dongle like every other apple release. They are smart though, it's a dongle here and a dongle there and everyone keeps buying them, so why would they do anything else?

Dongle is a huge detriment usability wise. I really can't agree with how the Lightning to 3.5mm was designed at all. To be frank, that was the main reason why I cannot accept iPhone 7 as someone who would use an external DAC/AMP.

edit: I guess any sort of niche use would put you out of the Apple customer base.

What really make this whole thing even worse is Apple puts a 5w charger in the box. Even though the 10w iPad chargers have worked on iPhones for a few generations now. For fuck sake just put the 10w chargers in the box at a bare minimum.

Only iPads get the 10w chargers, and the Pro models can charge at 29w...

What really make this whole thing even worse is Apple puts a 5w charger in the box. Even though the 10w iPad chargers have worked on iPhones for a few generations now. For fuck sake just put the 10w chargers in the box at a bare minimum.

Only iPads get the 10w chargers, and the Pro models can charge at 29w...

Most quick charge 3.0 chargers can do 5.0V at 1.8A-2A at least, with 18W being the specified maximum by Qualcomm. I don't know the deal with that with Apple.

Pathetic.

The 5 and 5X are two completely different phones. The 5X comes with a charger with a USB-C port.

Well, believe me, Apple doesn't include all the bells and whistles on anything, because then they'd have nothing to sell you on with their next model. Just like auto manufacturers kept using nice, rusty steel for cars for, well forever. Planned obsolescence. And if, for some reason, people find the old model sufficient? Simple. Kill it by upgrading it until it won't work, then just tell people that the device is 'too old', and that's the reason why it doesn't work anymore. Great sales model as long as you have fools buying your merchandise. and as we know, there are plenty of fools out there that believe whatever you tell them. Believe me.

Well, believe me, Apple doesn't include all the bells and whistles on anything, because then they'd have nothing to sell you on with their next model. Just like auto manufacturers kept using nice, rusty steel for cars for, well forever. Planned obsolescence. And if, for some reason, people find the old model sufficient? Simple. Kill it by upgrading it until it won't work, then just tell people that the device is 'too old', and that's the reason why it doesn't work anymore. Great sales model as long as you have fools buying your merchandise. and as we know, there are plenty of fools out there that believe whatever you tell them. Believe me.

Everyone has planned obsolescence in the smart phone market. Apple is probably the "best" about it. Sure, phones can get a bit slow (or more than a bit in some cases) but that is after four years of updates. You're lucky to get two years out of some Android phones, even the high-end ones. The phones are perfectly capable of supporting the updates, but they don't get them because the manufacturers would rather you upgrade every year. Neither OS is great when it comes to long-term support.

Everyone has planned obsolescence in the smart phone market. Apple is probably the "best" about it. Sure, phones can get a bit slow (or more than a bit in some cases) but that is after four years of updates. You're lucky to get two years out of some Android phones, even the high-end ones. The phones are perfectly capable of supporting the updates, but they don't get them because the manufacturers would rather you upgrade every year. Neither OS is great when it comes to long-term support.

Android phones don't tend to age gracefully for the average consumer. People that would frequent XDA and get custom ROMs don't really reflect the situation for the lay audience.
Having said that, we finally have got ourselves to the point that flagships can last more than 2 years.
S5 or Note 4 are superior to budget phones today for example.

(Phones from 2010 were utter rubbish by 2012 on the other hand)

If you actually had the Pixel XL you can claim that what you posted is correct ( considering you don't have the phone and posted bullshit from someone eles's review) your claim is entirely false. The Pixel XL (i own and use daily) last 12 full hours with heavy use. Light use it last probably around 20+ hours. I wake up at 6 am and with moderate to heavy use I have to charge it at the end of my day when it hits 5% going to bed at 10-1030 pm.
I call bullshit on tech radar's battery "review". 3 times a day GTFO....sad you consider yourself a tech person posting that overly exaggerated BS. I smell an Apple Fan boy here.

Edit: Also ask Kyle who owns a Pixel as well and he will tell you same same. The Pixel lasts a full day with heavy use.

Last I read, he has good battery usage.

This is a ridiculous article. All of the USB-C cables that come with Android phones terminate with a USB 2.0 end, which doesn't support QC either. You'd have to own a high quality QC charger *and* have USB-C on both ends to quick charge your phone. Is this yet another "feature" that Android users think they have because of a bullet point but don't understand it's not actually implemented in the market yet?

The iPhone X was already designed by the time this LTE band was considered. You won't miss anything. By the time it "rolls out" to your area, the iPhone will support it.

Umm, no. My LG G4 used a standard micro usb at the phone end and USB 3.0 at the other end. It definitely supported fast charging. But I will never buy another LG phone ever again.. ever. Out of the 3 people including me that I know who purchased LG phones right about the same time, mine and one other completely died within a 2 week timespan.. right after warranty was up. Then the last one died a couple months later.

And the stupid issue is very widely known and LG could care less about fixing it even though it is/was a glaring mfg/design flaw.

Screw LG!!!!

Umm, no. My LG G4 used a standard micro usb at the phone end and USB 3.0 at the other end. It definitely supported fast charging. But I will never buy another LG phone ever again.. ever. Out of the 3 people including me that I know who purchased LG phones right about the same time, mine and one other completely died within a 2 week timespan.. right after warranty was up. Then the last one died a couple months later.

And the stupid issue is very widely known and LG could care less about fixing it even though it is/was a glaring mfg/design flaw.

Screw LG!!!!

LG's V10 was known for Boot Loop, G5's actual design was questionable. Their products of 2016 till now are better, but even so it's a wait and see.

Screw LG!!!!
Fast charging, Quick Charging 1.0, and Quick Charging 2.0 are all supported by USB type A, but Quick Charging 3.0 and above (which is what this article is about) are not.

The G4 seems to confirm my point because not only did LG fail to include a certified quick charger in the package, the charger they did provide was a substandard 1.8A charger.

Fast charging, Quick Charging 1.0, and Quick Charging 2.0 are all supported by USB type A, but Quick Charging 3.0 and above (which is what this article is about) are not.

The G4 seems to confirm my point because not only did LG fail to include a certified quick charger in the package, the charger they did provide was a substandard 1.8A charger.

Ok, gotcha. The G4 did charge very quickly with the included cable and charger though. Pretty sure it would have caught fire from heat if the battery was charged any faster. That sucker got super warm when fast charging.

The USB-C rollout saw a bunch of cables being substandard at that. I remember when Google Engineer Benson Leung warned people about OnePlus's USB-C charging cable and adapter don't make the grade back in 2015. Your point is valid, and frankly it has taken 2016 for the situation to improve.

Quick Charge 3.0 can be implemented with USB Type-A, USB micro, USB Type-C, or proprietary connectors. source

QC 4.0 is USB-C only.

I honestly never would have thought i'd be the person to type this. If you had asked me a year ago if I would type something like this then I would have laughed in your face. I am a [H] diehard. I love tinkering with shit and I love technology. I work in the tech field, have all the latest toys, and I love cell phones. I have quite the collection of phones too. My first smartphone was the HTC Evo back in 2010 and I have ALWAYS used Android phones and always loved them because I had a could set it up just the way I want it and in terms of features was always ahead of iPhone; there is no argument.

And here comes the big but... BUT, I love my iPhone. I work in tech and when I am at home I am on my computer, playing video games, modifying my home tech, thinking of new ways to do shit... but when it comes to my phone I have come to the point in my life where I just don't give a shit about doing that sort of stuff on there. When I have a problem with a computer at home, I tinker with it... not to mention that that's what I do at work all day. But, when I am using my phone I just want it to work. With Android, (the Galaxy Note 5 was my last) I just did not ever get a consistent long-term experience using it. I don't want to fucking worry about why my phone is not doing what I want it to do, or why it doesn't feel as fast anymore. On my Android phones (especially the Samsung ones), they were fucking so full of features I didn't use that I always ended up turning most of them off. I always bought the Note series since the Note 3 because I loved the S pen and using multiple apps at once but I honestly don't miss it. I stay more focused on what I am doing this way. Besides, if I want to consume multiple things at once I will do it on a tablet, laptop, or on my multi-monitor computer setup.

What was the first thing I noticed with my new Android phone after using it a couple days... the battery died and/or drained too quickly. So, I have to scour the internet looking for others users' guides on how to maximize battery life and what I need to disable/turn off in order to do that. Ever since I bought an iPhone last year, all that guess work has gone out the window. I NEVER have to worry about any of that stuff.

The specs above are bullshit and everyone knows it. Specs don't mean shit if your software isn't perfect, and without a doubt iPhones have always been able to do way more with their hardware limitations than Androids. Every single Android phone i've ever had has slowed down after months of usage. A noticeable difference was there after a couple months of usage. I don't care what anyone says. If the newer versions of Android (whatever have been released since last year) have fixed that, then that's great. But in my 7 year experience using Androids, they all don't stay tip-top in the performance department during their lifetime. I have had a iPhone 7 Plus for over a year now and it still feels just as good since the day I bought it in terms of performance. The battery life is fantastic, and the iCloud integration and the ease at which this thing does backups is awesome. Pictures I take on my iPhone, I can view in my iPad instantly (I know there are Android alternatives).

It's just a sense of simplicity in the usage of the iPhone, the excellent battery life, the iCloud features... it all ties into something that is powerful and simple to use at the same time. My I tried iPhones back when the 4S came out, but quickly went back to Android because it was too fucking small and I hated iTunes. My biggest gripe with the iPhones over the years was having to use iTunes, and now I don't ever need it. The second biggest problem I had with iPhones historically is their screen size. I have enormous hands, and using a iPhone back during the 3.5" days of the 4S was a god damn nightmare. Expandable storage was also a huge pet-peeve of mine with iPhones. With how cheap flash memory had become, it pissed me off to see Apple charging premiums for extra storage. At times $100 difference to go from 16GB to 32GB. Now, none of that is a issue. Do I miss the headphone jack? Never used it to begin with. Was it nice to have wireless charging with my Note 5? Sure, but it takes a second to plug and unplug the phone so I don't really care about it. Plus, the vertical dock for the iPhone is super convenient. Just push it into the charger and it stands up. Plug and go... no big deal to me. NFC is something I very rarely use, but my 7 Plus has it and occasionally it is convenient when I remember to use it. Expandable storage? It was nice to have music stored locally, but I can do that with Spotify. I literally find everything I need with Spotify, and if I want my personal collection on my iPhone I upload my personal collection to Google Music and download local copies through Google Music on iPhone so it's a non-issue. Pictures are uploaded to iCloud and not stored locally on my phone so I have never run out of space even with the 32GB model I bought.

Anyway, I honestly can't say enough good things about my switch and maybe one day i'll switch back to Android but I just don't thin that'll happen soon. I know we all love our specs and out tech, but Apple (I hate their Macs though) has done a really great job with the software on the iPhone and the hardware. That has always been the argument for buying Apple products... they may be behind others in terms of raw specs in hardware, but they make-up for it in reliability and usability. There are many folks who would disagree with me, and I am sure others have had equally shitty and bad experiences with iPhone, but I just use my phone to call, text, and occasionally look up info. I am not on social media, I don't do a lot of crazy shit on there. I am happy with what I have. Even the lauded S-Pen of the Note that I loved so much... I don't even miss that. I quickly write finger memos if I have to, or take a second to type. I honestly thought the transition to iPhone would be a bigger problem than it was, but it wasn't and I am glad I did it.

Anyway, I honestly can't say enough good things about my switch and maybe one day i'll switch back to Android but I just don't thin that'll happen soon. I know we all love our specs and out tech, but Apple (I hate their Macs though) has done a really great job with the software on the iPhone and the hardware. That has always been the argument for buying Apple products... they may be behind others in terms of raw specs in hardware, but they make-up for it in reliability and usability. There are many folks who would disagree with me, and I am sure others have had equally shitty and bad experiences with iPhone, but I just use my phone to call, text, and occasionally look up info. I am not on social media, I don't do a lot of crazy shit on there. I am happy with what I have. Even the lauded S-Pen of the Note that I loved so much... I don't even miss that. I quickly write finger memos if I have to, or take a second to type. I honestly thought the transition to iPhone would be a bigger problem than it was, but it wasn't and I am glad I did it.

Apple has the best usability balance up to iPhone 6S is how I feel about this. I will not agree with you when it comes to iPhone 7. I am actually rather disappointed given that iOS and iPhone give a really good user experience and Apple devices age well, and iOS vendor support is superior to what you get on non-Nexus android phones, yet Apple chose to go the way of the Dongle Life!

Frankly, you have chosen to accept the limitation of no Micro SD card and you are perfectly fine with using Bluetooth and onboard speakers, but those points have made it impossible for me to consider the iPhone 7.

I wouldn't be so bothered if Bluetooth peripherals that are available are really perfect, but you tell me right now if AirPod is anywhere equal to dedicated IEMs in performance and wearability, and the answer is a resounding no. Let us not forget about our recent scare with Blueborne vulnerability at that.

(The fact that Apple's W1 is an exclusive to Beats and Apple headsets don't sit well with me for that matter, even if they really are great at pairing to the iPhone 7/8/X)

Edit: I have to concede that the headphone jack means nothing to you, therefore much of my personal gripes on quality of the headset wouldn't be of any importance to you.

Edit2: I cannot help but to ask the original question of this thread though. Is it really right to defend Apple on being this sparse on accessories to the point that the iPhone X/8 only comes with a 5W charger? We've bashed the likes of Samsung for not including an inductive charger if you don't preorder, we've bashed LG for making the B&O earbuds a pre-order item, so why shouldn't Apple be criticized on this front as well?

Last edited:
Apple has the best usability balance up to iPhone 6S is how I feel about this. I will not agree with you when it comes to iPhone 7. I am actually rather disappointed given that iOS and iPhone give a really good user experience and Apple devices age well, and iOS vendor support is superior to what you get on non-Nexus android phones, yet Apple chose to go the way of the Dongle Life!

Frankly, you have chosen to accept the limitation of no Micro SD card and you are perfectly fine with using Bluetooth and onboard speakers, but those points have made it impossible for me to consider the iPhone 7.

I wouldn't be so bothered if Bluetooth peripherals that are available are really perfect, but you tell me right now if AirPod is anywhere equal to dedicated IEMs in performance and wearability, and the answer is a resounding no. Let us not forget about our recent scare with Blueborne vulnerability at that.

(The fact that Apple's W1 is an exclusive to Beats and Apple headsets don't sit well with me for that matter, even if they really are great at pairing to the iPhone 7/8/X)

Edit: I have to concede that the headphone jack means nothing to you, therefore much of my personal gripes on quality of the headset wouldn't be of any importance to you.

Edit2: I cannot help but to ask the original question of this thread though. Is it really right to defend Apple on being this sparse on accessories to the point that the iPhone X/8 only comes with a 5W charger? We've bashed the likes of Samsung for not including an inductive charger if you don't preorder, we've bashed LG for making the B&O earbuds a pre-order item, so why shouldn't Apple be criticized on this front as well?

This is where I think most people fault Apple. They cannot justify the price of their phone based on the argued specs. The Apple X is way overpriced based on the specs of their phones and lack of needed accessories to use the phone to its full potential. I concede that their software and support are above standard but the hardware is where they lose the argument. This is why I, myself, rag on Apple all the time. $1000 for a phone where the specs are the same as the last gen and not next gen tech is absurd. They are and always have been in the business model of overcharging their customers for things that other companies charge far less for. They still make money hand over fist because so many people buy it because its Apple or Apple accessories.

This is where I think most people fault Apple. They cannot justify the price of their phone based on the argued specs. The Apple X is way overpriced based on the specs of their phones and lack of needed accessories to use the phone to its full potential. I concede that their software and support are above standard but the hardware is where they lose the argument. This is why I, myself, rag on Apple all the time. $1000 for a phone where the specs are the same as the last gen and not next gen tech is absurd. They are and always have been in the business model of overcharging their customers for things that other companies charge far less for. They still make money hand over fist because so many people buy it because its Apple or Apple accessories.

When my wifes iPad charger went missing she wouldn't use any other block to charge it. She insisted it had to be an apple block and ended up spending $30 for it. I still make fun of her for it.

When my wifes iPad charger went missing she wouldn't use any other block to charge it. She insisted it had to be an apple block and ended up spending $30 for it. I still make fun of her for it.

You kind of have to do your research before buying non-Apple accessories/peripherals though.

You kind of have to do your research before buying non-Apple accessories/peripherals though.

I agree. We just so happened to have a tablet block that matched her iPad one. I wouldn't throw any old block on.

I'm pretty sure my Android phone came with this magical charger and cable...

Back