The Interview Is A Hit With Pirates

HardOCP News

[H] News
This is why we can't have nice things. :(

The unexpected release of The Interview is making headlines around the world, but for now only people inside the U.S. can see the film. Perhaps unsurprisingly, 200,000 people have already circumvented this restriction by turning to torrent sites where the film appeared just an hour after its official release.

Release groups are all in a race to outdo each other. It's really no surprise how fast this was made available, considering the notoriety of the film.

This could definitely be respun to really tick off the NKs and feed their paranoia.

Even available free I can't find myself giving a shit about this film.

So they release it as a digital download and its shocking that there's lots of people downloading it? I'm curious how these numbers compared to other big name movies which maybe have the amera in a movie theater feel.

I tried renting it on Youtube and it kept cutting in and out. So I said fuck it, and watched a stream.

You mean the people that will download any movie are downloading this one too? Imo Sony played along because it was destined to bomb. Now it's a cash cow.

Odd considering you posted about it, even though you supposedly don't care. :confused:

Because it keeps getting posted here over and over and over and over like it is some big damn deal. Never have I seen a movie get this much attention..

I dunno guys..with the pretty flagrant misspelling and horrid grammatical structure, I was thinking it was a "Tongue in cheek" type of post. I could be wrong, but I didn't think that post was in any way serious.

Maybe it was intentional. How you can mistakenly disable DRM that is normally on by default for something as controversial as this movie?

Movie piracy is nothing new. Once a film hits the digital realm, there's no stopping it....

I watched it. It was a huge turd and wasn't funny. I'd be pissed if I actually paid money to see it.

there you go, let that inner Neo-Nazi hang out for everyone to see. :rolleyes:

Anti-semitism. That may have been a part of Nazi's, but generally hating jews is considered to be Anti-Semitism.

I watched it. It was a huge turd and wasn't funny. I'd be pissed if I actually paid money to see it.

Of course you wouldn't have paid for it :roll eyes:

I never understood that mentality. Pirates always complain that games are shit, yet they keep pirating them. Why don't you guys just accept that you pirate because you want to/can and just let it be, no need to always mention it and why you do it.

Anti-semitism. That may have been a part of Nazi's, but generally hating jews is considered to be Anti-Semitism.

don't forget the ant-government conspiracy rant to, doesn't mean he's a neo-nazi, but doesn't rule it out :p

All Neo-nazi's are anti-semites, but not all anti-semites are Neo-nazi's

wow, this is a cheerful topic for Christmas day!

Nobody would have saw it if it wasn't for the hype with North Korea. It's obviously a shit movie so why spend money?

I never understood that mentality. Pirates always complain that games are shit, yet they keep pirating them.
Well what's the ratio of games that are shit to actually "good"? I'm thinking there's a lot of crap games/movies out there, so odds are any movie you choose to download probably isn't that good :)

Thia shows thar studios can release digital downloads at the same time as in theaters

All showings for this movie today and tomorrow are sold out where I live, unfortunately. The movie probably sucks but I'll be damned if I let terrorist dictate my viewing experience!

'Merka!

Rumors are Netflix will even have it in a few days, they're just trying to get the PPV sales out the door first.

Currently ranked 48% on rotten tomatoes which is pretty bad. Judging from the trailers I actually didnt think it looked all that good myself.

All showings for this movie today and tomorrow are sold out where I live, unfortunately. The movie probably sucks but I'll be damned if I let terrorist dictate my viewing experience!

'Merka!

You taking a stand isn't fighting terrorism you're being a sheep to underhanded marketing.

I would be totally sad if one of the 3 letter agencies didn't turn this event into a spectacular psyop opportunity.

7/10 movie. Worth watching once, has some hilarious parts but is largely too unrealistic-wacky at one point, then serious. They built that into the plot, but it was done superficially. Turning the movie-critique brain off though its a neat little adventure-comedy flick with naked asian bitches.

You pirated it so your opinion is shit...

Did you ever consider that the opinion of pirates carries more weight because they don't have to justify a stupid purchase or lie about a product to fee less ripped-off?

By not paying for it my opinion isn't tainted by money.

The MPAA et al have to realize we are in a global market now. There is absolutely no excuse for certain regions to wait MONTHS for the release of a film or TV series. Give the people what they want, and piracy will fall.

Just shows that current locking content out by region is pointless and does nothing but inhibit legal sales. They need to get it together on this, locking down content by region is completely impossible so they might as well just give in.

Not interested in the movie, probably a marketing ploy to sell it after they found out it was gonna be crappy and bomb at the theater, who knows.

But glad they came out with it on principle.

Did you ever consider that the opinion of pirates carries more weight because they don't have to justify a stupid purchase or lie about a product to fee less ripped-off?

By not paying for it my opinion isn't tainted by money.

Nope, but it is tainted. Most around here just assume pirates are just trying to justifying their own actions with the same old same old, "it's total shit, not worth the money" or "I was not going to buy it anyway". So they grant their opinion little to no weight. Is what it is.

Of course a lot of people are going to watch it, (legally or otherwise). They believe they were told not to by their enemy.

Back