The International 3 - DOTA2

Solitude

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone else going to be watching this? I'm rooting for mouz, the alliance, and team liquid.

Yeah I look forward to it. I'm not very good at the game and have no favorites but I enjoy it nonetheless and bought the companion thing when it first popped up.

Definitely going to be watching a lot of it. Not very good at the game yet, but still have yet to really throw myself into it. I watched it last year and it was still immensely entertaining even though I didn't have a lot of knowledge about the game. You can learn quite a bit just by watching, or at least enough to make it entertaining to watch.

Valve is really going all out on this event, been watching some of footage from the different teams. Should be fun.

USA USA USA
As of right now Alliance is 12-0 undefeated.
Day 3 of the prelims is today. Na'Vi is the the closest with 10-2

If you are even mildly interested in esports or just want to root for the "home team" this isnt a bad time to check it out!

DOTA 2 is a free download on steam and the tournament costs nothing to watch.

I've been watching pretty much all the matches to some degree between 4 screens lol

It has been pretty good so far and you could tell the teams are holding back on their selections and strats till the brackets. As it is we have seen pretty standard lineups from everyone almost with very little variety though it is nice to see how each team executes their strats even with the same heros.

Sing has been streaming a lot of it so far, and he's probably the best commentator for it, since he actually explains a lot of shit. He'll probably stream something again tomorrow. http://www.twitch.tv/sing_sing

Also don't listen to Tobi because he's a fucking idiot who can't pronounce "lasso"

Yeah I look forward to it. I'm not very good at the game and have no favorites but I enjoy it nonetheless and bought the companion thing when it first popped up.

I'm fucking awful and have about 20 wins so far (queuing with a friend at nearly 600) but watched someone on my friends list who is like 0-3 so far. People would just stand there in fights and auto attack, sitting on 4000+ gold, everyone but one Viper had random as fuck items. That was the moment when I realized that I utterly towered over some other people in skill.

If you're looking to get into the game, it's probably a pretty fucking good time, there's 400,000+ people daily with ease at this point, and tons of people who have literally no idea in the fucking slightest what they're doing. Hundreds of thousands of people are watching games at once, it's kind of nuts. When TI3 first started, I think there was over half a million people watching at once between the client and other streams.

gonna watch a few matches when i get home. im pretty excited.

alliance seems to be favored though

these matches are just prelims btw

Well, Alliance going into grand finals with 14-0 record so far!
Man, I think it will be Na'Vi vs Alliance in the final.
I hope Alliance wins now. I still think it would be cool if Na'Vi or IG got the tital again, but I gotta root for the home team. :D

My favorite moment of any MOB grand finals is when they tie the series and go to a final game and it's close and you watch the final battle with the decisive team fight that wins it.

There is nothing better than that!

Well, Alliance going into grand finals
[...] I gotta root for the home team. :D

dude, Alliance is an all swedish team. I registered after 3 years of being a reader only, since you wouldn't stop proclaiming [A] an american team.

oh, and fyi... american teams sucked so far at ti3 :D

dude, Alliance is an all swedish team. I registered after 3 years of being a reader only, since you wouldn't stop proclaiming [A] an american team.

oh, and fyi... american teams sucked so far at ti3 :D

american team winning is unlikely. i do like team liquid but they will never be bale to beat navi or alliance.

we'll see. real matches start tomorrow. cant wait.

I'm rooting for EG

oh wait. :mad:

at least Alex Garfield owns Alliance. I'll call em EG-EU, or EG-SWE

As far as casters..
my ranking system is:
1) Ayesee/Draskyl
2) LD
99) Tobi
100) Sheever

Last edited:
LD is top notch.
it's just lumi that throws me off, he really mumbles through his sentences and it gets quite annoying after a while.

also, has anyone received any items for watching games through twicht or ingame?

ive watched almost all of them on multiple monitors and nothing

Watching on Twitch.tv while logged in to an account tied to Steam adds extra cosmetic effects to El Gato courier (if you have one).

Watching ingame unlocks extra effects for the courier that comes with The International Compendium.

If you have a pennant associated with a specific team, you have a chance of winning items if that team whose pennant you have wins a match/scores first blood/gets a multikill etc.

Watching on Twitch.tv while logged in to an account tied to Steam adds extra cosmetic effects to El Gato courier (if you have one).

Watching ingame unlocks extra effects for the courier that comes with The International Compendium.

If you have a pennant associated with a specific team, you have a chance of winning items if that team whose pennant you have wins a match/scores first blood/gets a multikill etc.

you have to watch them live for it to effect the courier dont you?

cant wait for some non prelim matches today

well, you dont have to have a pennant. your chances of something dropping for you are just higher if you do

yeaah... a bit embarassing. I don't know maybe I had been up too late or something, but I swear I read somewhere alliance was a NA team.....I guess dignitas is the closest thing...... I wonder if orange is about to knock them out of the championship. I still think it will be Na'Vi / IG / Alliance winning the event. one of those teams.

yeaah... a bit embarassing. I don't know maybe I had been up too late or something, but I swear I read somewhere alliance was a NA team.....I guess dignitas is the closest thing...... I wonder if orange is about to knock them out of the championship. I still think it will be Na'Vi / IG / Alliance winning the event. one of those teams.

finals are probably gonna be navi and alliance

Spending a year learning to shuffle a gaggle of fantasy heroes up Dota’s teetering stack of rules and game mechanics will do that to you: we’ve developed a secret language of our own, one that runs parallel to the talk of creeps and lanes and farm and rax common to everyone who plays the game. “Whack a ward on the donkletron I’m going to stick one up their jungle” is a sentence I can say out loud and be completely understood by at least those three people. For some reason, there’s also a lot of singing involved. It’s a lot like being a sailor.
--PC GAMER
LMFAO WHAT IS A DONKLETRON??? Should I be playing this game?

Excited for tomorrow. I think DK moves on to face Alliance while iG and Liquid move on in the LB, unless they end up facing each other.

In about 20 minutes the games that decide the final contenders for the international 3 start!

Hit up twitch TV or the in-game viewer now!

if youre only gonna watch one match up it should be the navi and alliance game for today

anybody who missed game 3 of the orange vs navi series should go back and watch. one of the best games ive ever seen. insane.

dude, im sure they know what they were doing when banning razor. those guys bleed dota2, im sure there is 100% reason behind every draft choice.

I know OD was cc'd a lot, but he never used his ulti late game, another self gimp. I think he died three times and it wasn't on cooldown.

And they banned Razor, was that really needed?

dude, im sure they know what they were doing when banning razor. those guys bleed dota2, im sure there is 100% reason behind every draft choice.

They ban Razor because they picked OD. Razor is probably the best counter to OD they has been seen during this entire tournament.

oh well, there go my 4 rares (i only had 4 rares in my inventory).
good thing too, cause i feel like taking time off dota2.
ti3 was incredible fun, but only showed me more than ever, what pub games really are.

Back