The INQUIRER reaches end-of-life

erek

[H]F Junkie
:( :( They were the best of the snarkiest tech news!

"And that brings me to the most important point of all. Thank-you - yes, you! - dear reader. Over the past two decades, you have been the lifeblood of this website. Without you, The INQUIRER would have been a short-lived experiment, but your inquisitiveness, support and, er, often honest feedback made The INQUIRER the success that it was.

We'll see you down the pub, ours is a large one. "

https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3084741/the-inquirer-reaches-end-of-life

And the old guard continues to fall. The way of things I guess.

And it is really annoying how when you click an external link on these forums, the site opens twice. Could be something specific to my computer in Chrome.

I guess all we'll soon have will be super annoying youtube kids spamming videos.

So it goes I guess. It sucks that ad blockers hurt some of these sites so hard. I can completely understand publishers shutting down sites like the Inq with 4 or 5 full time employees. Need to serve a lot of ads to make that viable these days.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Wow. I didn't even realize Inq was still around. I used to like them quite a bit back in the day, then completely forgot they existed for a long time.

And the old guard continues to fall. The way of things I guess.

And it is really annoying how when you click an external link on these forums, the site opens twice. Could be something specific to my computer in Chrome.

It's not the internet, it's just you. And google. ;-)

I don't have any memories of this site, but it is always sad to see an old guard fall. I don't want to get my tech news from yt videos.

Have to adapt to survive I guess.

Maybe make hardforum a video platform where op and all replies have to be a video. Thanks guys like comment and subscribe if you like my hair guys hehe ok guys bye guys

[/Sarcasm]

Reactions: N4CR
like this
I remember visiting this site all the time back when Mike Magee was running it. It fell off a bit and I haven't visited it much recently. Sad to see it go :(

Reactions: zehoo
like this
Have to adapt to survive I guess.

Maybe make hardforum a video platform where op and all replies have to be a video. Thanks guys like comment and subscribe if you like my hair guys hehe ok guys bye guys

[/Sarcasm]

I almost threw up until the end

TechReport tried a PodCast (which i liked) and then all video and then things started falling apart real fast

My prediction for 2028(ish): Internet vlogs revolutionized with text-only version! Schools teach kids to read! World peace breaks out!

well.... 1 out of 3 ain't bad.

Stopped reading it because of the political bs they would interject unnecessarily. Probably 8-10 years ago.

I remember this site.

the reason video sites survive isn’t because it is video they host, it is because it is harder to block ads in video. On webpages, it is trivial.

Good riddance. They started going overtly political and forever took their place on my trash heap. It's a shame, as they used to be one of the tech sites I visited on the regular up to that point. At some point these publications need to examine why their clicks are falling down a cliff instead of assuming the part of Principal Skinner.

upload_2019-12-23_10-40-45.png

Back