The infamous 30" quest: Apple vs Others.

We have had them here at work and let me tell you what a drama that was.
I love Apple, but the cinema display is a seriously overpriced and subpar performing beast.

We have had them here at work and let me tell you what a drama that was.
I love Apple, but the cinema display is a seriously overpriced and subpar performing beast.

Could you specifically describe what was subpar that didn't exactly meet your needs?
What kinda work do you guys do?

Also, what do you guys think about BF prices this year. A couple years back, they started offering 22ers at reasonable price, and then 24" this year. Do you guys think retail will shell out anything for the 30" behemoths?

Im thinking not, since not many retails carry them anyway, B&M at least. . .

people are dumping their 30" Cinema HD on ebay more than any other 30" LCD screens, maybe there is a reason for it? Also there is no warranty to mention... 1 year brand new, none used, they generate more heat than one can handle. (we have 2 23" ACD and they were hot to the touch on the top and back...)

people are dumping their 30" Cinema HD on ebay more than any other 30" LCD screens, maybe there is a reason for it? Also there is no warranty to mention... 1 year brand new, none used, they generate more heat than one can handle. (we have 2 23" ACD and they were hot to the touch on the top and back...)

Really? I just looked on Ebay and see a lot more Dell 30" LCDs than anything else.

Metal cases feel hotter to touch than plastic ones. That doesn't mean they generate more heat. Stick them on a power meter to see how much power they draw. That will tell how much heat they generate.

Any other misinformation to badmouth apple lcds with?

coming from a person who used an ACD 30" for a long time... the 30"s dont become super hot or very hot to the touch.... Just warm.. they do make an expanding noise... because naturally metal expands when hot.

It could be your cinema displays are on 100% brightness... i had mine around 60% brightness... 100% is so damn bright!!

some ppl wonder... how the ACD can vent heat.. when there are no holes.. or "venting holes" around the display.. common sense tells you it vents through heating up the metal.... as in it "spreads" the heat to the metal and the metal dissapates it :)

Back